What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW.10.20131018a.8 Shadowmantle Preview Patch Notes

Comments

• midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    xwanguu wrote: »
    Thank you :)
    May I ask 1 more question. In PVE if I'm revived and have sickness, will the new soulforge procc?

No idea, that's just my opinion from looking at what it does. If you are a control wizard, would you rather have 2-5 seconds of immunity or respawn right away into the group of mobs (probably like 5+ if in a dungeon) that just killed you to kill you again? Now, if you are a sentinel GWF, you should have unstoppable on revive since you probably just got hit with a big attack so you can activate it and get some "immunity" to heal up again real quick.
  • zippichzippich Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just FYI: I got one green catalyst (Lesser Mark of Potency) from a skill node. Did not see blue and purple one yet.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2013
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    Been playing on preview since yesterday, i am looking forward to this module, love all the changes made. I do have one question, why do the graphics on the preview look nice and crisp, but on live it seems to be dull. I know a minor issue, but it just looks so much better on preview, lol.

Your graphics settings may have been reset to a more suitable setting. There are also a few graphics and performance tweaks that went in as well for specific video cards.
  • ssinafeyssinafey Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just wanted to say...they are cutting on GWF dps AGAIN.

Switching feats from senti to instigator, adds 1 useless feat to senti, who btw doesnt have, and still wont have enough threat to do something even similar to tanking, and nnow wont be able to debuff aswell. Which makes senti even better pvper, but what about pve? Have any of the devs actually tested this stuff or just take LSD pill and said "lets fvck up gwfs even more"?

Basically, now sentinels will end up with even lower dps, and be forced to either choose a debuff option or 10% atwill dmg/bleed effect.

So again, how do those minor changes in skill dps help when u screw up debuffing?
  • dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ssinafey wrote: »
    I just wanted to say...they are cutting on GWF dps AGAIN.

Switching feats from senti to instigator, adds 1 useless feat to senti, who btw doesnt have, and still wont have enough threat to do something even similar to tanking, and nnow wont be able to debuff aswell. Which makes senti even better pvper, but what about pve? Have any of the devs actually tested this stuff or just take LSD pill and said "lets fvck up gwfs even more"?

Basically, now sentinels will end up with even lower dps, and be forced to either choose a debuff option or 10% atwill dmg/bleed effect.

So again, how do those minor changes in skill dps help when u screw up debuffing?
    iron vanguard path -->theathening rush --> 15% more dmg to marked targets senti feat-->kkthxbbq
    oh forgot to mention +15% more dmg from class feature to controlled targets from iron vanguard path
    so we end up with 30% dmg boost
    however gwf dmg is still crappy
  • grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I'm really concerned about the new enhchant system. People of my guild are already start saying they will quit the game if it will be this way. Too much AD cost for upgrading enchants :/
    Give us more AD, or cut it A LOT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have FPS dropping (to 2-5 FPS) in Tower District after that minor performance update, especially in this area
    guqs.jpg

I have Lenovo Z500:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs)
    GeForce GT 645M 2GB
    16GB RAM
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Major suckfest for CWs.. To be able to use the new powers, we cant use Eye of the Storm...... Without EotS we suck...

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• petpet2petpet2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    will there be a new BiS weapon?
  • yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Do the new companion passives work in PvP? If yes it would be too op
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yuccapalm wrote: »
    Do the new companion passives work in PvP? If yes it would be too op
    How would that be overpowered? Everyone can get them.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How would that be overpowered? Everyone can get them.

They don't work in PvP.
    graalx3 wrote: »
    Companions and their active bonuses do not exist during PvP.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    History of you:
    - You're an idiot

History of your counter-arguments:

- Ad hominem
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    petpet2 wrote: »
    will there be a new BiS weapon?

The new weapons appear to be close to the existing Ancients in terms of damage range but with stat variants.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    gctrl wrote: »
    History of your counter-arguments:

- Ad hominem

It is not a matter of argument , is your own misunderstanding about the subject matter .

For example , every well planned destroyer ( for pve in beta ages) was based : builder ap ( roar ) + slam + Battle Awareness ( +25 % power when using slam ) + bleed + steel defense ( immortal 5sec after daily use ) .

Understand this mechanic was the difference between the gwf that wiped the floor with the other classes in pve and one rejected by everyone .

What happened is that , at the request of several players because of the pvp , the class lost ALL this combo without, so far , received some compensation .
    What did this new patch , and it is complicated to explain , is recovering satisfactorily large part of this power gwf destroyer ( sentinel / instigator now satisfactorily fulfilled its function ) without harming pvp , besides creating a relative importance even for the bad player .

Possibilities of " immortality extended " or " mega bleed" were hampered , and say that because of the gameplay , not created a gulf between iron vanguard / swordmaster . It was a large step for the class , just great .

I just hope with all the heart , is that any nerf as a function of the pvp be restricted to pvp . I'm delighted to return to see the class as a potential to be exploited .
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So far I've played through to the end of Blacklake.

1) Don't like the Scrying Orb quest. (Guess I will skip it when it goes live.)
    2) The Crown Quest and Blacklake are improved greatly. The only thing I'd like returned is the puzzle for the sewer chest in the Dead Rats Nest.

Now onwards...
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So far I've played through to the end of Blacklake.

1) Don't like the Scrying Orb quest. (Guess I will skip it when it goes live.)
    2) The Crown Quest and Blacklake are improved greatly. The only thing I'd like returned is the puzzle for the sewer chest in the Dead Rats Nest.

Now onwards...

I agree with the scrying orb quest - since you don't have a mount at that level, all it does is waste your time. At least the previous quest took you to the market area, so you'd know it was there. The scrying orbs have always, IMO, been more of a "thing for explorers", so why force it down people's throats?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I agree with the scrying orb quest - since you don't have a mount at that level, all it does is waste your time. At least the previous quest took you to the market area, so you'd know it was there. The scrying orbs have always, IMO, been more of a "thing for explorers", so why force it down people's throats?

Same here -- given a choice, I'd rather have Vital Supplies than a scrying quest for that reason.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • abelcoeurdacierabelcoeurdacier Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think better way to equilibrate class are dev to play game with each of them. Or something like that.
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The early areas are a lot more streamlined now, which is nice, but I prefer the Vital Supplies quest. I care not at all about the scrying orbs, whereas the other one was at least a bit of recognisation. Although the streamlining made me feel like a **** again lol. I used to know this area! XD

...Also, is it just the preview build doing something funky with my graphics card, or did something change there? Characters seem to look a little plastic-y with the same exact settings I've got on live, and the darkest drow skin possible is lighter than my live shard drow GF who isn't the darkest possible there. Confuse.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    but for the record, if I expressed myself poorly, the gwf is VERY good now. out the preview and returning to the normal game I felt chained to ume huge iron ball ... hahaha.

not exist anymore, from any point of view, the reasons for excluding gwf a party.

and I say more ... very soon we will see calls for specific sentinel / destroyer / instigator.
  • pattitto00pattitto00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I can't play the test server...every time i try crashes....and there is no thread of it
  • colonelfreezycolonelfreezy Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tanky gwf's with the Guard skilles are really op... i think you should work on the wild reaction which is really op for tanky gwf's ...
    try it out or go pvp, you'll see it..
    the rest is awesome same like the tenebrous fix!
    Greets
    Chieftain
    bosschiefk5dnslchu6.png
    cnagbser.png
  • pipebombb13pipebombb13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When will this be released. November or December ?
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited November 2013
    Don't like the Blacklake changes. All it does is shorten the area and the idea of expansive areas was to make it seem huge. So much for huge. I get it, that the vet players like myself have already been through it X number of times and just want to get to the end-game stuff. But the new players will be like me, disappointed.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I heard someone say that perma stealth TR's were screwed over by this patch, how is this so?
    I don't see why... :(?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited November 2013
    I really liked the old supplies quest in Protector's. It added some rp atmosphere to the game, while the scrying quest is just legwork.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ok I've tried refining and I'm not liking this new system.

The old system was simple and straightforward; put stack of 4 in at the top hit refine succed or fail add wards if desired.

The new system is stick what you want to upgrade at the top add things to the bottom hit refine and then get ???
    Further when I had 6 rank 1 radiants and 5 of the upgrade thing and 1k AD or so it seems to have let me just keep spaming upgrade until I ran out of the upgrade materials, never dropping out the upgraded enchant.

I like the idea, and the low AD cost (up to Rank 4 cost way less than unbinding a rank 3 for example) is fine (depending on the gold cost to unbind). However the process needs to create clearer steps in how it works and better calculate the results and inform of the costs. Further if you don't have the upgrade materials it should not allow refining at all so that enchants don't vanish into some sort of limbo.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited November 2013
    My issue with the new system is that you cannot slowly feed your lower level enchants into a higher level one because of the catalyst cost.

Example: Let's say I have one tier 7 enchant and want to feed some tier 1-2 enchants into it, then I cannot do that because it requires a 100k AD catalyst (and it would be a huge waste to use such a catalysst to feed only a few points into a high tier enchant). I think the tier of the required catalyst should be bound to the stones you want to liquidate and not bound to the one you want to upgrade.

This would be far more user friendly and encourage lower level or less rich players into slowly upgrading their stones.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My issue with the new system is that you cannot slowly feed your lower level enchants into a higher level one because of the catalyst cost.

Yes, you can. The catalyst cost is only there for when you want upgrade your item from one rank to the next. You don't use catalyst when you are at the stage that you are putting other enchantments into it to fill up the refining points bar. Only once it is full do you use a catalyst.
This discussion has been closed.