test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What Type Of Companions Would You Like To See?

seduiriseduiri Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 23 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So, everyone probably has their ideal companion, reguardless of what it is they do, what would you like them to be?

Top for me would probably be, in no particular order:
1. A white tiger or snow leapard..or white cat in general.
2. A polar Bear.
3. Id like to say a Nymph-type-thing, that has an animation of erupting into a bunch of flowers and leaves and then reformalizing. But, im not sure if a nymph would be to...'provocative' or anything.
4. A ferret.
5. A Barnowl, i want a bubo

So fellow neverwinter players, what companions would you like to see? Would they fit your backstory, would you like them purely for cosmetics? Id like to know :3 I personally cant wait for a new lockbox!
Post edited by seduiri on

Comments

• Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    More animals, I don't like carrying another human around XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    A Boxing Kangaroo!!!!
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would like to see more defender and healer companions, and possibly some actual controller companions as well. Here are some ideas I have:

1. A Dryad companion that heals you, (maybe causes some sort of flower to sprout which heals allies near it), and which can perhaps entangle enemies.

2. I believe I once saw one of those Gloomwrought animated armors that had a sword and shield - that'd make an awesome defender companion.

3. We have an Alchemy profession - how about an alchemist companion that throws potions at enemies that deal damage or debuff/control them, and ones at us that heal and buff.

4. Add a selection of horse companions that coincide w/ the horse mounts - give them a basic attack where they rear up on their back legs, and come down hard with their front ones, and another where they turn away from their target and kick hard with their back legs. The 1st attack could have a small chance to knock the enemy down, and the 2nd could have a slightly higher chance to knock the enemy back.

5. A rogue companion that could go into stealth and do things like drop smoke bombs or maybe event set traps would be awesome.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bio's list sounds great, but there is one I have to add.

Mimic companion.
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yeah, Bio's is all gold.

I would also like to see:

-Faerie Dragon: would make a good controller companion with it's euphoric gas breath weapon.

-Wyrmling/hatchling dragons of various colours (this isn't weird, good dragons will often foster young, and even evil ones will encourage this to promote evil/chaos)

-Nymph wouldn't be bad, we already got some 'interesting' animations with the sylph. On that note, succubus companions would be neat, and would make a nice controller companion (charms).

These would all be great sellers in the zen market.
  • Options
    fablernfablern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The type that are unlocked for the entire account and not just single purchase.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My requests for companions are more feature oriented rather than for new companions.

I'd like to see the current companions become more customized. By that I mean I'd like to see a way to change fighting companions into augment companions.

I'd also like to see mount & companions combined. Imagine mounts that transform into fighting companions when you dismount. (If they were also equipped as a companion.)
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    dndmasterdarkdndmasterdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    A pvp companion that does one hit kills vs. bots and then bans them.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How about Gargoyles and Treants?
  • Options
    mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would like a Gelatinous Cube companion, please. :p
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    fablern wrote: »
    The type that are unlocked for the entire account and not just single purchase.

If it's still running, I highly recommend the IGN promotion - for like $7 you get an account-wide green-quality cleric companion.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    fablernfablern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    If it's still running, I highly recommend the IGN promotion - for like $7 you get an account-wide green-quality cleric companion.

Thanks Bioshrike... i already got that one in addition to the assassin and founder pack wolf... trying to get my hands on the Logitech wizard. It's just that single purchase companions seem to be a bit of a waste for the asking price.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    wtb Mailbox Companion
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    A little Tarrask companion :P

Serious now, I want an eagle and a gryphon companion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    exterminatumexterminatum Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Definitely more animals. With the ranger coming out that would be only logical :) And yes, human(oid) companions is not sexy :(
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    As long as augments are as good as they are and much better than any standard companion it doesn't matter to me because the only thing I do when I grab a new companion is levelling him in Sharandar campaign and switch to the augment when I run dungeons.
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would like to see a companion that spawns adds >.>

But really, a companion that summons other things to battle for it with some actual controller function would be nice. A rogue that can actually disarm traps as part of its rather minor functionality. More leaders with decent healing abilities and defenders.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Mime Companion.
    While the enemy is standing there trying to figure out what the mime is doing, you kill the enemy.
  • Options
    rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Mother-in-law.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • Options
    onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    companions should get more utility i think, for instance, like azlanfox said, have the companion, depending on type, able to interact with the world in certain ways. rogues could disarm traps or set up temporary traps that you can lead enemies into. dedicated healers should most definitely be able to heal your allies as well as themselves. also you should be able to open up skill nodes using your companions (if they're humanoid of course) like have a sylph or sprite open the nature nodes, or a rogue type open thievery nodes.

some actual controller types would be great, have a minor control attack and a more powerful aoe control attack for them to make them actually able to live up to their role.

I also would like to see companions be able to upgrade their weapons and armor with enchantments much like players can, i know we have runestones to augment their abilities, but they only go so far before even at lvl 10 (which is a huge investment) the runestones aren't enough to keep the companion alive for very long

but i digress, the companions i'd like to see in the game are

1. any Shardmind companion, maybe a psion or some other psionic based class
    2. lots more animals, i personally want a cat companion like in this picture: http://www.worldofazolin.com/wiki/images/1/10/Half-Elf_Druid.jpg
    3. a Bulette companion
    4. a Harpy
    5. any Drake

i could go on, but the collected D&D monster manuals has so many candidates i could list dozens maybe even hundreds
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
  • Options
    kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    seduiri wrote: »
    5. A Barnowl, i want a bubo

So fellow neverwinter players, what companions would you like to see? Would they fit your backstory, would you like them purely for cosmetics? Id like to know :3 I personally cant wait for a new lockbox!

I would love to have an Owl for my CW.
    Think it would be the ideal companion for a wizz. :cool:

• Options
    masamundanemasamundane Member Posts: 45
    edited October 2013
    I'll take a floating and particularly chatty skull, if one's available.

I can wait...
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    first id like to +1 for gel cube, Mimic, owl (everyone is fond of owls),bulette and chatty skull.

id like to see more augment pets, since no one respects normal pets at level 60. small animals, tiny creatures, chatty skulls

id love to see pets from winning gold in certain zone events (x number of times).
    spy catcher could get you a spy, also...Memphit, will o wisp, spirit wolf...

I loved the arenae but the box was just out to short of a time for the AH prices to drop.
    id love to see more shifters.. maybe a changeling that randomly looks like pets you have in your idle list or like your alts...or you.
    it would be awesome if you could get your alts as pets ...for a price.

more flyers, doves, parrots, wasps, butterflies,

specific pets I looking forward to, Fox, . umber-hulk, baby unicorn, walking plant
  • Options
    ngeluzngeluz Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would like mount/combat ready companions. NPCs have them why can't we? :rolleyes:

If not I settle with a Beholder :cool:

Also would totally empty my pockets if all companions/mounts where account bound. Yes I'm a hoarder lol :p
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    A Dancing Vorpal Blade.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    the lich from the neverwinter graveyard quest... and another for the Gelatinous Cube.
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Or perhaps a teleporting unicorn controller?
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    A pet Mimic for my halfling CW.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This the companion I want hard lol

Righteous Troll Paladin
    Description: This very uncommon troll agreed to help you in your journey to "give good" and "inflict justice" in the name of Tempus!

Abilities:
    1) Inflict justice - The Righteous Troll charges at your enemies generating extra threat.
    2) Give good - Stikes a target in a cone dealing damage
    3) Unstoppable (hehe, Righteous actually) Trolling - "Inflict Justice" now knocks the target prone and Righteous Troll's regeneration stat is increased by 50%. (this one unlocks at lvl 30)

And it's look made by khimera906 :P
    Troll3.png