test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nice of u to fix most popular temple of the spider bugs/glitches

banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
so fun seeing usual glitchers get frustrated cause of it. our tr left the second he saw the old glitches dont work :p

ofc now i wont ever get my t2 armor cause 90% of players are too dumb to do it legit, i guess its time to start farming mc for gear and skip t2

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That's a little dramatic. Spider always has been a popular destination because even without the exploits it's a relatively short dungeon (~25 min) with a skilled group.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    skilled group and pug ?

• Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Spider is pretty easy as long as you have sufficient single target dps (and one good control CW), which is almost always achieveable with pair of 10k+ melee, especially TR.
  • Options
    erikiki1erikiki1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    banaanc wrote: »
    skilled group and pug ?

those 2 doesnt match
  • Options
    ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    so fun seeing usual glitchers get frustrated cause of it. our tr left the second he saw the old glitches dont work :p

ofc now i wont ever get my t2 armor cause 90% of players are too dumb to do it legit, i guess its time to start farming mc for gear and skip t2

You actually complaining they fixed an exploit?
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    skilled group and pug ?

You can always ask for exp and geared and hope for the best. In my experience you'll more often than not will get decent players. Your signature also shows that you are featuring a GF which is a key contributor (wait, what?) to the fight. If you play your role right you can ease up the whole thing for everybody.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ysil6969 wrote: »
    You actually complaining they fixed an exploit?

no im happy, its just that its hard to get a decent group for anything, and usually the "exp" groups ask for gs that doesnt need spider anymore

and having GF i dont play much anymore doesnt get me armor for cw :D

• Options
    notbizzynotbizzy Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    90% of players are too dumb to do it legit

"90% of players cant even do it legit, cant even exploit it properly, and cant even play properly"

Fixed it for you.
    PvE Perfects CW - NotBizzy
    PvP GWF - BizzyBedBug
    PvE GF (salvaged)
    PvE TR (salvaged)
    GWF PvP/CW PvE @ http://www.twitch.tv/bizzyplusplus/
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Which exploit is fixed? The endboss one? Or another?
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    what i really don't understand is i can log in right now and get a group together to do spider even if none of my guild is online. there is no reason why anyone else can't do this. there's even a channel that exists for people that want to do "legit" runs. it seems more like people want to openly complain about the way other people choose to run dungeons.

but let me spell this out for you:

pwe has banned people for exploits and it's highly likely that they continually ban exploiters even though it's only made public knowledge because the people that get banned are vocal about it. but it's in the terms of service that the details of those situations are between pwe and the individuals. that also means that under each individual circumstance, it is at pwe's discretion as to what they consider to be an exploit and what steps they will take if it is determined to be as such.

it is your choice to run dungeons the way you want to run them and no one can force you to play in a manner that you disagree with.

but that also works for each individual player.
  • Options
    giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There are a number of tactics to use when fighting the spider queen...
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    spider boss is crazy hard since feywild. I don't know why but those blade masters hit so hard its insane. My GF feels like a soggy tissue when im in there. Was alot easier back before the patch. Now anyone who isnt a tank gets one/two shotted.

Challenging for sure which i do not mind but i dont trust any pug tank to do this correctly anymore.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    spider boss is crazy hard since feywild. I don't know why but those blade masters hit so hard its insane. My GF feels like a soggy tissue when im in there. Was alot easier back before the patch. Now anyone who isnt a tank gets one/two shotted.

Challenging for sure which i do not mind but i dont trust any pug tank to do this correctly anymore.

That's one reason i don't run it normal way. If you see GROUP die in 10s after these mobs spawn, then you don't have a real chance. KV Oneshot me if i use it at that point.
  • Options
    grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    This is something that seems a little weird for me, a dungeon that claim to need 8300 at minimum GS, and people with 9k+ GS gets one-two shotted by creeps. Does not make much sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ToS final boss is pretty ridiculous without a properly high DPS party.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I guess the final boss suicide is what has been fixed as the long freefall at the start of the dung was fixed some time back. Am i right?
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    IF they fix their ******* queue system so I dont always end up in a 4 man team in Malabog (If we are teamed at all when entering) then maybe we can start trying to do this properly. Right now I have completely given up trying to queue for MC. It fails every single time to produce a full 5 man team.

so true.

good that most of the time i go with guildies, but i just could not get a full group this morning where there wasnt anyone online
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    (Note: My feedback pertains to Epic only)
    . . . . .
    The final boss is just stupidly annoying in my opinion. It takes highly skilled and geared players which defeats the purpose of it's 8300 gear score and desire to run it to gain the armor piece. All that needs tweaking are the infinitely spawning and 1-shot killing blademasters. There needs to be more tactics to their role in the battle and not just spawn infinitely through out the battle. Our guild can complete Temple quite well with our "Champions" group, who are a group of fully geared players. However, running it with a group of players who are still building their armor sets almost always proves to be fatal and is never completed. We end up wiping so much that we just give up. The same players that complete it in our Champions group can usually never complete it on characters that they are building their sets up. This should be some indication of an issue. You shouldn't need 4 geared players pulling through only one who needs the armor, especially how rare that one person would get their piece.
  • Options
    lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    TBH, I never found spider to be very hard... I think the importance is skill not GS and also team compositions
    In spider the most difficult part is boss dps, so it's imperative to find two tr's who know what skills to use and how to dps. So often I come across tr's who use sly florish, blitz, and impact shot in a last boss fight... *facepalm*
    Also, some strategy must be used with the adds b/c they hit hard. I believe once we had the tr's alternate smoke bomb and the cw would daily. It's important to smoke between AS's.
    If you find two good tr's, a cw, and whatever class you want (in addition to dc of course) then it's pretty easy to accomplish. I remember four manning it a longgggg time ago with fondlez:) It's all a matter of teamwork, skill, and effort.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lazuree wrote: »
    TBH, I never found spider to be very hard... I think the importance is skill not GS and also team compositions
    In spider the most difficult part is boss dps, so it's imperative to find two tr's who know what skills to use and how to dps.

I said this in many other topics, if emphasis is on skills, where are the videos showing approx. 9K GS parties clearing T2s legit?

There are none.

In a geared party, DPS is the easiest part by far.

The hardest part of the fight is for the CWs to reliably survive the blademasters...
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lazuree wrote: »
    Also, some strategy must be used with the adds b/c they hit hard. I believe once we had the tr's alternate smoke bomb and the cw would daily. It's important to smoke between AS's.
    If you find two good tr's, a cw, and whatever class you want (in addition to dc of course) then it's pretty easy to accomplish. I remember four manning it a longgggg time ago with fondlez:) It's all a matter of teamwork, skill, and effort.

The adds don't hit hard once they're in close. It's the initial lunge that wipes many parties. My CW can take two lunges...maybe three if I'm in AS with shield up. That's pretty ridiculous give how hard it is to dodge the blademaster lunges.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    odd111outodd111out Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I agree that the "full" end boss fight in ToS needs to be reworked. It's a pit fight out of sink with the rest of the dungeon, where players are supposed to learning the skills and gaining combat experience for the end boss fight. And doing ToS while leveling does nothing to prepare you for it on Epic. All of Epic ToS is a huge push-fest, while they have walled the end boss fight. So you spend the whole dungeon practicing combat as a group that is completely out-of-sink for the end. Fine for a Guild maybe, but dungeons need to be accessible to pug and Zone groups.

For starters, the end fight needs to be unwalled and should never have been walled to begin with. Find a way in the programming to make the Queen resistant to CC so she must be killed. For that matter, unwall Draco in CN (and you might start seeing fewer DC-TR-CW-CW-CW parties).

Secondly, some sort of progressing mechanism needs to be in place for Epic dungeons. Requiring people to complete each Epic dungeon in the zone level list they encountered before moving on might result in fewer people PvPing to 60 and Q-ing for ToS in newly slotted PvP gear.

And initiate a reward for people who completed the dungeon while leveling. If you completed it *on level* between 0-60 you get a random Rank 5 enchantment in your loot box at the end of the Epic each time you run. That will help get people to go in and see what the dungeon looks like and try their encounters out on the mobs there.

Requiring players to run each Epic dungeon at least once before moving on should also help those Q times for the T1s, which for non-premades are ridiculous. Nor do I think people will quit the game because you make them spend 15 minutes in an Epic Cloak. I don't think these two things will fix everything, just imho.
  • Options
    raptorskyfireraptorskyfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Also, regarding the legit channel, I have yet to see any teams get formed in there. See people looking for a group on occassion, but never getting picked up.

I used it and got picked up for a couple parties in a day, and have seen many others doing the same. It DOES work.

As far as ToS goes, it's quite hard for anyone in the required GS (or a little more) to do. I'm sure there's a tactic for it, but honestly, sometimes I feel like you have to have T2 to even do T2, and what's the point of that if you're there to get gear? On that point as well, it would be nice if most dungeons could be done with one of each class for all of them, but this isn't the case for some (or might be, most people would rather take another of a class over some classes).
    Part of Storm-Shore, a RP/PvE guild. http://www.stormshore.com/

I have many alts, I am a class and race rainbow.
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've done it legit on my DC when I was still new to the game and had no other T2 pieces with a group that also wasn't fully geared.

Haven't been doing it regularly for a while, but when we bring a guild group it usually works out alright.

I totally disagree on the allowing players to push mobs off part. We always kill the mobs on the way to boss, we don't push them. Pushing them just makes them respawn later and block someone's path back from campfire because they don't properly die.
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It is not that hard for players who actually understand what that boss' mechanics are:
    bottom like, dps the boss like hell and use knockback powers on adds as much as possible...

It is frustrating having to explain that to almost all groups I played with, no one listens... then wipe and finally rage quit in disgust.

Directly taken from wiki at http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Temple_of_the_Spider

Syndrith High Priestess of Lolth

-Syndrith is an extremely difficult High Priestess/Drider boss that require very good teamwork to beat.

-She starts off in human form, small channeled AOE melee attack that does a small amount of damage, As well as a AOE long range cone attack that does extreme damage.

-Her cone attack must be dodged, It can nearly one shot anyone but a Guardian especially on Epic mode.

-She will also drop spider webs on the floor, which will do small damage and slow a player

-She will also summon Ranged spiderlings that have very high ranged DPS, As well as melee Drows that can CC and do great damage.

-The adds MUST be killed, If they are not, they will attempt to reach the bosses spider webs, when that happens the boss will begin drawing life from the adds to heal herself for a GREAT amount of health, Knockback effects are the only ability that can interrupt this life drain.

-When she gets down to around 35% she will morph into a Drider and reset her health back to full.
    She will spawn adds much more frequently and gain an even greater amount of health from Web life draining her minions. She gains no new abilities, Simply higher health, damage, minion frequency and higher life drains.

Actually, not too sure about that last one... Once she changes, I think she can go down really quickly and doesn't heal that much...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    i did it legit on gwf, we didnt kill adds just dpsd boss, she kills adds herself for heal. the problem is her teleport and transitioning to new location

gwf needs to use avalanche, tr smoke and cw all the aoe cc + blue circle from dc

• Options
    edited October 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    It is not that hard for players who actually understand what that boss' mechanics are:
    bottom like, dps the boss like hell and use knockback powers on adds as much as possible...

It is frustrating having to explain that to almost all groups I played with, no one listens... then wipe and finally rage quit in disgust.

Directly taken from wiki at http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Temple_of_the_Spider

The encounter description from the wiki is largely correct, if somewhat irrelevant because the quote does not even mention the critical Blademasters. However, while you even touched on some viable tactics yourself, those Wiki tactics are terrible!

Apart from an optional initial circuit to clear the starting adds to make life easier for the Cleric (make sure to agree which direction to go before the boss and MOVE fast from door or the boss aggros), you should not under any circumstances try to dps all the adds. It is not even worth killing the little spider adds, tbh, since you could be debuffing the boss.

The reason is simple: the diverse and high volume of adds in the fight are all consumed by the boss the more damage you do to her. So, it is far more efficient, even with relatively low geared groups, to single target nuke, debuff, go crazy on the boss, aoe CC the main adds (Blademasters) until the boss clears the floor herself with her healing. You just need even the smallest marginal dps edge that is higher than her bouts of healing. From my own high pug experience on three different classes, that worked out to be 10k GS minimum for the melee, a little lower for a skilled CW and a good DC (minimum GS irrelevant here). As long as you have that edge over her healing, no matter how small, she will go down. It just takes longer, in some cases a LOT longer, the less geared your group is.

There have been so many detailed tactical postings of successful Epic Spider runs before the previous exploits existed, that I do not want to outline them all again here. But, I just had to make sure no one comes away with the wrong impression from those Wiki tactics...
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    The encounter description from the wiki is largely correct, if somewhat irrelevant because the quote does not even mention the critical Blademasters. However, while you even touched on some viable tactics yourself, those Wiki tactics are terrible!

Apart from an optional initial circuit to clear the starting adds to make life easier for the Cleric (make sure to agree which direction to go before the boss and MOVE fast from door or the boss aggros), you should not under any circumstances try to dps all the adds. It is not even worth killing the little spider adds, tbh, since you could be debuffing the boss.

The reason is simple: the diverse and high volume of adds in the fight are all consumed by the boss the more damage you do to her. So, it is far more efficient, even with relatively low geared groups, to single target nuke, debuff, go crazy on the boss, aoe CC the main adds (Blademasters) until the boss clears the floor herself with her healing. You just need even the smallest marginal dps edge that is higher than her bouts of healing. From my own high pug experience on three different classes, that worked out to be 10k GS minimum for the melee, a little lower for a skilled CW and a good DC (minimum GS irrelevant here). As long as you have that edge over her healing, no matter how small, she will go down. It just takes longer, in some cases a LOT longer, the less geared your group is.

There have been so many detailed tactical postings of successful Epic Spider runs before the previous exploits existed, that I do not want to outline them all again here. But, I just had to make sure no one comes away with the wrong impression from those Wiki tactics...

Thank you for this advice.

I've almost given up on Epic Spider because the final boss is so hard. But if I should just happen to try it again, what encounters/dailies would you recommend using for a CW when it comes to CC'ing the blademasters?
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    pointsman wrote: »

I've almost given up on Epic Spider because the final boss is so hard. But if I should just happen to try it again, what encounters/dailies would you recommend using for a CW when it comes to CC'ing the blademasters?

I personally use EF on Tab/Shard, Icy Terrain, Steal Time/ Oppressive Force and have no issues if in good party

Used Ice Storm, nah, Oppressive Force much better overall for my rene spec at least.

Basically you need max AoE CC and max AP generation to be able to have OF ready on time.

(EF is obviously for the adds, careful so you don't cast on boss).

Just in case you need additional opinion besides fondlez's :P Anyway I'm curious what he uses.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    pointsman wrote: »

Assuming you are solo CW (otherwise, you can use just about any power set),

Without HV:
    - Entangling on Tab + Shield + Steal Time + Ray of Enfeeblement + Arcane Singularity + Ice Storm.

With HV:
    - no AP or CC issues: Repel on Tab + Shield + Steal Time + Ray of Enfeeblement + Arcane Singularity + Oppressive Force.
    - AP or CC issues: Entangling on Tab.

The point is to be able to daily Arcane Singularity just behind the boss as Blademaster waves appear. Then use Steal Time after they come out of it. By that time, the boss should have started healing or very shortly thereafter, hence the mobs will become static and start to form red aoe at their feet.

I use Shield immediately after the aoe appears to push the static mobs and their aoe away from the group (*). Note. I highly recommend NEVER using Shield pre-emptively on adds before this point because you not only aggro multiple Blademasters at exactly the same time but you also create just the right "middle range" distance that causes Blademaster's lunging strike to be so devastating!

Ice Storm - for emergencies. Where you need to do an emergency pushback and your Cleric is not able to use divine Sunburst. If all goes well, you will never need this and should strongly prefer to save AP for AS.

Oppressive Force - in a strong group where the Blademasters almost start disappearing as soon as they appear, this daily is useful because it catches everything, CC lasts quite long and adds noticeably to the boss dps if you have the HV set due to instant 3 debuff stacks. Be certain to have Shield or some other aoe knockback ready though because it paints your entire space with aoe if the boss heals with all adds on top of the group!

(*) I have not run DD PvE since Feywild and the latest patch was a huge target nerf to Shield. So, I do not know for certain this tactic is sufficient now.