test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I've lost all my Astral Diamonds with every character

masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
edited October 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
i logged in today to find that ive suddenly lost about 3-400,000 astral diamonds spread through out my 7 characters everything is gone.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited October 2013
    i have a feeling that the devs don't actually care about this i wish i could get it back but im basically just not gonna play anymore i got robbed and no-one seems to care whatever.....
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    There should be a dedicated support contact for AD loss issues.
    English is not my first language.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    That much loss of AD without cause you noticed, besides logging in to your characters, doesn't sound like a bug but rather a loss of account security.

Be sure to resecure you computer, change your passwords and such.
    Also make sure you read and preferably follow these tips for keeping your account secure.

And Vortix44, this is the Bug Report section of the forums. They aren't the "support" forums.
    If a person needs support they should contact support. ;)
    edited October 2013
    yeah i put this up in there on the support forums too. but i doubt anything is gonna happen i just logged in and all my characters had 0 ad not much i can do about it
    edited October 2013
    securing my account isnt gonna get me my money back so theres no point.
    anything short of getting it back isnt gonna cut it thanks for the fun while it lasted
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Those are the "Technical" Support forums.
    They are there to assist troubleshooting problems with game performance but I am sure they would be a great resource to assist in securing your account.

Support, as in customer support, is completely different. ;)
    Lost or stolen items are rarely, if ever, returned in any MMO due to people trying to cheat the system way too many times but it's worth a shot.

Your main solution is to make sure that your computer and account is secure so people can't steal your AD.

That or provide a bit more information on what else could have caused your loss of AD. I am no expert and have absolutely no tools to look into the details of any person's accounts but I have been around the block quite a few times and this is, IMO, a case of theft unless you have some further information about the matter?

EDIT due to your post - Securing your computer is still imperative!
    If your computer is insecure due to spyware of some sort your items on other games or worse yet your actual real life information (bank accounts and such) could also be at risk.
    edited October 2013
    well i assure you i'm not trying to cheat the system i worked on gathering that ad for like 2 months so i could improve my characters i spent no money just my time and its all a waste. working on preventing something thats already happened is pointless.

guess ill just have to wait for elder scrolls maybe i wont get robbed there though i doubt it stuff like this almost always happens to me i get robbed or kicked out of my account due to a change in security or something happens

just know that i dont blame you and this was a good game

also thank you for answering me even if it wasnt much help
    edited October 2013
    Sadly it doesn't matter much if you're trying to cheat the system or not. Because there are way too many people who try the system it's by in large a hands off deal in MMO's and is the number on reason this line is in the PWE's Terms of Service and something similar is in every other MMO I have ever played:
    Please note that, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your User ID and password, and you agree to notify us if your password is lost, stolen, or disclosed to an unauthorized third party, or otherwise may have been compromised. You are solely responsible for all activities and transactions that occur under your Account, and PWE is not responsible for any unauthorized use of your account, including without limitation in the event that your password is stolen or revealed to a third party. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security in relation to the Website, the Service or our Games known to you. PWE provides you with choice to change your password in order to safeguard your Account.

If you lose your items in any MMO due to a loss of security it almost always falls under that clause.

As such, protecting your account is very important. The information is out there. There are plenty of people in the world who take great pride in helping others improve their computer security who will gladly help so take advantage and improve your account security.

If this keeps happening to you it is happening for a reason! Only you can keep your computer secure.
    If you don't take some steps to improve your computer and account security nothing will ever change...

EDIT - And again, send a message to support. You never know they might give you something.

Words of Wisdom from Albert Einstein:
    "The definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different result."
  • amadalusamadalus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Lost or stolen items are rarely, if ever, returned in any MMO due to people trying to cheat the system way too many times but it's worth a shot.

I don't agree with this statement, or at least that is to say this has not been my experience. I have several friends who have had their accounts compromised over the years on various MMOs, and they've never had their items not returned.

Remember that account security is still subject to compromise despite attempts to keep it secure. Same goes for e-mail, Twitter, FB, etc. Hacks can happen even when all reasonable measures have been taken. Don't assume this is the user's fault.
    @amadalus
    Fidelis ad Mortem
    Loyal to Death
    http://loyaltodeath.enjin.com
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    stuff like this almost always happens to me i get robbed or kicked out of my account due to a change in security or something happens

If stuff like this "always" happens to you, then I should think you'd want to take a very hard look at your own information security behaviors.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Unfortunately I have to disagree with this. Many MMOs replace items.

The difference seems to be between ftp and sub mmos. In a ftp environment (where accounts are free to make) the companies in charge seem far less likely to replace stuff. Sub games generally have a more solid track of who 'owns' an account and where the items went. I'm not arguing for sub over ftp. Both systems have pros and cons. This is just a situation where sub is favored.

securing my account isnt gonna get me my money back so theres no point.
    anything short of getting it back isnt gonna cut it thanks for the fun while it lasted

What? Priorities man, secure your computer and account. No matter how you feel about Neverwinter you need to figure out how you lost control of your account. To make sure it doesn't happen to anything else. If they got access to your accounts its likely one of several things:
    1. You may have something nasty on your computer.
    2. You may have used the same account or password on another site/game.
    3. You may have logged in from someone else's computer with something nasty on it.
    4. You may have logged into a fake webiste.

The main thing is to figure out how it happened. And stop it from happening again. If they got your Neverwinter account today, what makes you think it won't happen to any other game you log into?
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    runebane wrote: »

The main thing is to figure out how it happened. And stop it from happening again. If they got your Neverwinter account today, what makes you think it won't happen to any other game you log into?

It would already seem to be a pattern with him.
    stuff like this almost always happens to me i get robbed or kicked out of my account due to a change in security or something happens

Perhaps if he followed the advice offered now, in his previous game, he would not of had issue here. I don't hold out much hope that he will fare better in ESO.
  • wharfwharfwharfwharf Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    amadalus wrote: »
    I don't agree with this statement, or at least that is to say this has not been my experience. I have several friends who have had their accounts compromised over the years on various MMOs, and they've never had their items not returned.

Remember that account security is still subject to compromise despite attempts to keep it secure. Same goes for e-mail, Twitter, FB, etc. Hacks can happen even when all reasonable measures have been taken. Don't assume this is the user's fault.

Even if it was the user's fault his or her items should be restored. I've never played a MMO (and I've played many) that WOULDN'T replace gear or gold in case of a "hack attack". It definitely isn't the norm as ambisinisterr is trying to make it out to be.
  • yogokouyogokou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Contact support, there could be a weird bug or some glitch, explore all options before giving up. If that happens to you all the time, ask yourself if someone else that knows your password is to blame (especially if you use the same password across games). I.e. a friend you share your account info with, could have done something to risk your account security.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . Closing this now as we do not provide Account Support via the Forums. Please contact Support through the Support Site or in-game GM Ticket (Press H by default). Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.