test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes - NW.5.20130923b.9

2»

Comments

• Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited October 2013
    Im dying on the patch
  • Options
    shrandlershrandler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    another thing you guys should do is make a pvp one vs one soo people can start getting competitive and also you guys made the rogues way to god like in this game they are almost undefeatable in this game i love the game but my main character is a GWF and you guys dont put anywere near the power you do with the rogue, guardian, and wizard classes
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i never got prob whit my CW to find party ( never got or used the Hv set ) because i know how to use my Cw, i don't need a bug item so people can bug more a boss -.- They ask for: exp+Hv set+ioun or cat and at first boss what the will ask : " know the bug " -.- c'mon, learn to play ****
  • Options
    f1r5t5h4d0wf1r5t5h4d0w Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i have a problem with new pathc... When i start to update it is stuck on 12.1MB and nothing... what to do?
  • Options
    shadowmantisshadowmantis Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    if you want jolt you just have to know where to look it is still made just not distributed mainstream any more... mostly places like new egg or fry's or even some other computer related stores/eshops.
  • Options
    killakush64killakush64 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    **** that i dont want to lose my ****, the first part was cool but i refuse to lose my gear
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    shrandler wrote: »
    another thing you guys should do is make a pvp one vs one soo people can start getting competitive and also you guys made the rogues way to god like in this game they are almost undefeatable in this game i love the game but my main character is a GWF and you guys dont put anywere near the power you do with the rogue, guardian, and wizard classes
    lol that is funny really cause rogues have to use there skills more rapidly to survive most fights a heavier armored player can sit and soak you take two people a rogue and a gwf of same lvl with same lvl of gear and tell them to fight the same way that rogue will get chewed up faster rogues are designed to be fast damage dealers not off tanks and a rogue can be beaten it just hard because of there skills to vanish and strike wich is what rogue do well if a rogue was forced to stay visable and a CW saw them comeing gues what that rogue is toast my advice is if you don't think the class is preforming to your ideals then either get better at playing the class and use the race that gives it best chances to win like hmmm dwarf GF or GWF half orc rogue human or sun elf DC or cw because of the racial bonus to certain stats. if your playing a race just cause you like that race but it racial state bonus doesn't help the class then it is bound to have a hard time and that is where you skill comes into play by how well you know the class to over come these short comeing. just don't wine about another class beating you all the time and scream for nerfs because all you will get is a game that get's turned into WoW.
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    shrandler wrote: »
    another thing you guys should do is make a pvp one vs one soo people can start getting competitive and also you guys made the rogues way to god like in this game they are almost undefeatable in this game i love the game but my main character is a GWF

You're the one who picked the trash class. Why didn't you choose the boss class?
    Players fight against trash mobs, elite mobs, and bosses, but the foes have their own world too, they fight the adventurers, gwfs are their trash mobs.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    vlaadovlaado Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    are the server still offline ?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    vlaado wrote: »
    are the server still offline ?
    . . . . . . This thread is for the previous patch. Yes, the server is offline and is expected to be back up by 11:00am Pacific, as stated in the Server Maintenance Thread and on the launcher. Today's patch notes have not yet been released.
  • Options
    vlaadovlaado Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the info. Have a great day. :)
  • Options
    zenzebzenzeb Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    vlaado wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Have a great day. :)

saying nice things to the moderators is against the TOS, you better watch out or you will be banned.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    zenzeb wrote: »
    saying nice things to the moderators is against the TOS, you better watch out or you will be banned.
    Ouch, you bit me! *begins feeling woozy*
  • Options
    zacharus85zacharus85 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So when will the patch notes be released for today's patch? Not having patch notes for a patch you're patching seems a bit weird to me...
    Chronic Disorder is looking for more members, if high-end pve progression in a small guild is something for you, check us out on http://chronic-disorder.enjin.com
  • Options
    nalikknalikk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zacharus85 wrote: »
    So when will the patch notes be released for today's patch? Not having patch notes for a patch you're patching seems a bit weird to me...

It's very common to release the changelog after the patch, not before. If you release it before and encounter problems during the deploy you would have to go back and edit your changelog to include whatever hotfixes you had to make.
  • Options
    zacharus85zacharus85 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    nalikk wrote: »
    It's very common to release the changelog after the patch, not before. If you release it before and encounter problems during the deploy you would have to go back and edit your changelog to include whatever hotfixes you had to make.

Fair enough :-)
    Chronic Disorder is looking for more members, if high-end pve progression in a small guild is something for you, check us out on http://chronic-disorder.enjin.com
  • Options
    zenzebzenzeb Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    most of the patches will be covered in the patch notes for the test server from Tuesday..... but... my hamster senses are tingling that they may be pulling a slick Willie and pushing a surprise on us. That they are first patching the test server and then on prod, that would explain 2x extra long window....
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    zenzeb wrote: »
    most of the patches will be covered in the patch notes for the test server from Tuesday..... but... my hamster senses are tingling that they may be pulling a slick Willie and pushing a surprise on us. That they are first patching the test server and then on prod, that would explain 2x extra long window....
    . . . . . The 6-hour downtime is for "Infrastructure Upgrades" to all three of Cryptic's Games, which are all undergoing this maintenance right now. As for what else is in the patch for Neverwinter specifically... time will tell. *the mage nods*
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . Here you all go, the patch notes for today's upcoming/in-progress patch, Oct 17th, before it's even posted to the forums! *the mage smiles*
  • Options
    shindenialshindenial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . The 6-hour downtime is for "Infrastructure Upgrades" to all three of Cryptic's Games, which are all undergoing this maintenance right now. As for what else is in the patch for Neverwinter specifically... time will tell. *the mage nods*

Well...that was certainly a...Cryptic answer...
  • Options
    drakefrienddrakefriend Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2013
    Oh **** sh*t !!!
    They fixed plenty of issues on Lilend, and STILL didn't fix the bug that makes the Acolyte of Kelemvor a PITA to use ?
    Come on, guys ! I've paid money for it, so I expect it to work !!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    You're the one who picked the trash class. Why didn't you choose the boss class?
    Players fight against trash mobs, elite mobs, and bosses, but the foes have their own world too, they fight the adventurers, gwfs are their trash mobs.
    sorry to bust the bubble there but there is no trash classes only people who don't know how to play those classes effectively and when they come into problems they don't know how to over come they wine about how there class is picked on so much and this other class is so ungodly strong and makes it seem like there is a need to nerf the hell out of the other classes if you would take more time to understand how the char work and use the right stratagies then you should never have a problem you can't overcome and quite demanding instant gratification part of the reward for playing MMO's is the path and the challenges you face.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    shindenial wrote: »
    Well...that was certainly a...Cryptic answer...
    what there saying is that there is more then a software patch for the games that cryptic makes being worked on there the servers the games are stored on that need maintanence and upgrade of hardware to keep in a competitive edge so that more stuff can be done for the players after all the servers don't magically fix themselves lol
  • Options
    eodninjaeodninja Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kolbe11 wrote: »
    Mountain Dew Voltage... 'nuff said.

Agreed..........
  • Options
    ellieann369ellieann369 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Does anyone know when the patch will be finished and the servers back up and running? I'm not sure what time zone it's going on in, but it's 12pm here, and I'm antsy to play.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Oh **** sh*t !!!
    They fixed plenty of issues on Lilend, and STILL didn't fix the bug that makes the Acolyte of Kelemvor a PITA to use ?
    Come on, guys ! I've paid money for it, so I expect it to work !!

Well, the lillend event will be returning in the near future. Probably wanted to make sure they were fixed up before they started dropping out of profession boxes again.
This discussion has been closed.