test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perfect Elven Battle Armor Enchantment Tested --- Does nothing... Dev please confirm.

2»

Comments

• fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Your bronzewood says "Reduces Targets Armor by 16%" correct? Because your #'s is exactly the same as Faytouched I tested this weekend which is a 12% damage increase.

5j1asKP.png

^^Greater Bronzewood and clearly 12%.

I have also done the test with regular Bronzewood which is 8%.
  • crowdpleasingcrowdpleasing Member Posts: 30
    edited September 2013
    My results were the same as fondles on the test dummies and my cleave damage increased after using Enforced Threat.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hey all, we're looking into this. Thanks for the reports!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The Perfect Elven Battle Enchantment is not working at all. There is no difference in the duration of slows and immobilizes. Tested it on Mindflayer in PvP and PvE. The normal one seems to procc sometimes. I did not test the lesser or the greater. The perfect one is completely broken.

Please fix it.
    edited September 2013
    There seems to be no change since the last patch and more frustrated players with non-working Perfect Elven Battle Enchantments appear on the AH trying to sell them.

At this point, I can confirm that the normal one is working as intended. The perfect one still does nothing.
    edited September 2013
    After some more testing and talking to other people, it can be inferred that the normal and lesser Elven Battle Enchantments do not work as intended, either.
    The Perfect one is still just the visuals - no effect.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    sominator wrote: »

Thank you for offering to look into this.

Widespread reports that there are serious issues in the new enchantments is a bfd. Please, please, please, please convince PWE/Cryptic to communicate clearly with the player base on this topic.

If there is a bug, come out and say so, and share a best estimate when it will be fixed. If the players reporting that many enchants are not working are simply wrong, clearly communicate why they are wrong.

I'm a huge fan of the game, but the lack of communication on key issues such as this make it very difficult at times.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i socketed a lesser elven battle and i do not see anything in the combat log pertaining to it.

also, while acknowledging that this is an issue would be nice, i'd rather you guys take the time in making them work as intended rather than wasting time with PR. letting us know in future patch notes that this was corrected is just as good in my book.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    letting us know in future patch notes that this was corrected is just as good in my book.

Not in my book.

If a company makes a major mistake, they need to communicate clearly with their customers that they made a mistake and share how they plan to fix it.

If a company is loudly accused of making a major mistake, but they didn't, they have to set the record straight.

Being accused of making a major mistake and saying nothing damages the relationship with most of their affected customers.

edited September 2013
    The Perfect Elven Battle still does not show any effects. Only visuals, no functionality.
    edited September 2013
    meldan3n wrote: »
    The Perfect Elven Battle still does not show any effects. Only visuals, no functionality.

Tested after this morning's update?

edited September 2013
    Tested after this morning's update?

Yes. Still does nothing. Only visuals.
    Devs, please fix this! This is a **** Perfect Enchantment! It took so many hours of playtime to make it!
    edited September 2013
    Devs? Community Moderator? Anyone?

This is a fairly serious issue. You need to communicate with the player base about serious issues (beyond "we'll look at it").

• dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes. Still does nothing. Only visuals.
    Devs, please fix this! This is a **** Perfect Enchantment! It took so many hours of playtime to make it!
    can u post screen with visuals, im rly curious how perfect 1 looks like D:
    edited October 2013
    dante123pl wrote: »
    can u post screen with visuals, im rly curious how perfect 1 looks like D:

It looks basically like the greater one, but leaves a trail of yellow crystals while walking.

And it still does nothing. Unbelievable! Why does it take so long to fix a PERFECT enchantment?
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited October 2013
    It looks basically like the greater one, but leaves a trail of yellow crystals while walking.

And it still does nothing. Unbelievable! Why does it take so long to fix a PERFECT enchantment?

GF at wills have been bugged since launch and don't proc any weapon enchantment effects(agg strike and shield bash). I wouldn't count on this getting a fix any time soon.
    edited October 2013
    Usually it's the most important (paying) customers that use perfect enchantments. But well... it's still not fixed. Still no effect.
  • sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    sominator wrote: »

any info on this yet starting to feel like default answear we looking into this and month l8er still no info
    edited October 2013
    Pretty frustrating... some info would be greatly appreciated.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    what information are you expecting here? a confirmation that it's buggy or broken? every monday, the community managers have a meeting with andy velasquez, the lead developer at cryptic, to discuss forum topics. if sominator says "we're looking into this" then you can rest assured that this is on the list and will be addressed. even if sominator doesn't respond, there's a 99.999999% chance that it's already crossed the lead dev's desk and on the list of items to work.
  • hoppen1hoppen1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Makes me ill mad how you 60 times in this thread have ignorantly confirmed how it does NOT work, I suggest you have a rogue shoot an impact shot at you and if it does NOT stun you for the entire duration; I suggest you delete this thread and go read the ****ing tooltip of the enchant.

Have a nice day

PS: I AM USING PERFECT AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY
  • saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    what information are you expecting here? a confirmation that it's buggy or broken? every monday, the community managers have a meeting with andy velasquez, the lead developer at cryptic, to discuss forum topics. if sominator says "we're looking into this" then you can rest assured that this is on the list and will be addressed. even if sominator doesn't respond, there's a 99.999999% chance that it's already crossed the lead dev's desk and on the list of items to work.
    well i m using normal elven battle and my enchantment is wrking fine the time is reduced and sometime i m not stunned so urs wld also be wrking fine
    edited October 2013
    saini50990 wrote: »
    well i m using normal elven battle and my enchantment is wrking fine the time is reduced and sometime i m not stunned so urs wld also be wrking fine

Well, and if you spoke English and read the whole thread you would know that it's only the Perfect Elven Battle Enchantment that is not working. The others are working fine. This is one of the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> comments I've ever read.
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bronzewood says it's supposed to "mark" targets when you use an encounter power, this leads me to believe I should see a visual "mark", yet my encounter powers mark nothing. Using normal Bronzewood.
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    mstrssihr wrote: »
    Bronzewood says it's supposed to "mark" targets when you use an encounter power, this leads me to believe I should see a visual "mark", yet my encounter powers mark nothing. Using normal Bronzewood.

Yes, it is badly worded. Mark in this sense just means debuff so appears as an ordinary debuff icon on the target.