test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perfect Elven Battle Armor Enchantment Tested --- Does nothing... Dev please confirm.

dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Over the weekend I made a Perfect Elven Battle Enchantment on the test server and test it out in PvE with 0 results. It appears to have no affect on any PvE creatures CC and so I made a Normal version on Live and ran MC and Hunt with it and also 0 results.

I figured since it was released with MOD 1 content that it would actually work with the CC's of NPC but it does nothing to reduce the duration.

The Elven Battle Enchatment appears to have no effect at all on reducing CC effects by PvE NPC Creatures.

Could the DEV's please confirm what the enchantment is designed for? If this is a PvP ONLY enchantment it needs to be listed as such. 100% reduction should be 50% and 200% should be 75% as that is how your reductions work for recovery and professions.

Could you please provide a detailed post on how this enchant actually works. The hologram is pretty cool and I would like to make a perfect on live for the hologram. Would like to confirm that it is actually working before investing 6 weeks of farming wards.
Post edited by dkcandy on

Comments

• ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited September 2013
    As far as I know Loamweave is not actually working either.
  • bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I believe i read that Serene is broken as well. Kudos to you for testing.
  • koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    So basically all the new enchants don't work at all? :rolleyes:
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

I also tested Terror and it's garbage in comparison to GPF.

Terror costs just as much to make as a Vorpal and Vorpal does a ton more dmg for anyone with 20% CRT Chance or higher.

But a P.Terror sure does look cool. :D
  • daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited September 2013

They will work once PW adds the "Power Sources" for them sold in the ZEN store.

:P
  • inspire111inspire111 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    I also tested Terror and it's garbage in comparison to GPF.

Terror costs just as much to make as a Vorpal and Vorpal does a ton more dmg for anyone with 20% CRT Chance or higher.

But a P.Terror sure does look cool. :D

http://www.twitch.tv/highpriest_tymora/profile

P.Terror > P.Vorpal
    edited September 2013
    inspire111 wrote: »

P.Vopal > all - Hands down proven by math and in-game combat logs.

But this thread is about the Elven enchant not working correctly.
  • abacuserabacuser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    inspire111 wrote: »
    When I see this video I'm happy I stopped playing this game.
  • rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Fey enchantment.

Does a wil o wisp pop, as I have been at it for hours and haven't had one pop.

If one is not meant to pop, then there will never be a way of knowing the enchantment is working or not due to RNG of enchants dropping normally. As you can't get 100% to test it.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited September 2013
    As nearly as I can tell, none of the Feywild defense or armor slot enchantments are working. At all.
    edited September 2013
    I found 1 NPC in the new HUNT Skirmish that the battle enchant actually reduced but it does not appear to work on Stuns, prones, silence or many other NPC CC's.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    valwryn wrote: »
    Bronzewood is broke too :mad:

Why do you say that? I have it on my GF and it works just fine.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Bronzewood is broke too :mad:

Are you sure? Was in a group the other day and it seemed to be working extremely well.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    edited September 2013
    The bronzewood work fine the first day.....the following days.....NOTHING!!! :mad:

Bronzewood is JUST an ArP enchant. A guildmate picked up a perfect bronzewood for dirt and so we tested it. It's a pure ArP enchant so you don't need to stack ArP and just use this enchant.
    edited September 2013
    Bronzewood is JUST an ArP enchant. A guildmate picked up a perfect bronzewood for dirt and so we tested it. It's a pure ArP enchant so you don't need to stack ArP and just use this enchant.

It is more than just ArP. As usual the tooltip is incomplete or misleading. Test it yourself or ask your guildy to on Trade of Blades dummies.

Anyway, regardless of its mechanic the question is whether it works or not and that it does.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Over the weekend I made a Perfect Elven Battle Enchantment on the test server and test it out in PvE with 0 results. It appears to have no affect on any PvE creatures CC and so I made a Normal version on Live and ran MC and Hunt with it and also 0 results.

I figured since it was released with MOD 1 content that it would actually work with the CC's of NPC but it does nothing to reduce the duration.

The Elven Battle Enchatment appears to have no effect at all on reducing CC effects by PvE NPC Creatures.

Could the DEV's please confirm what the enchantment is designed for? If this is a PvP ONLY enchantment it needs to be listed as such. 100% reduction should be 50% and 200% should be 75% as that is how your reductions work for recovery and professions.

Could you please provide a detailed post on how this enchant actually works. The hologram is pretty cool and I would like to make a perfect on live for the hologram. Would like to confirm that it is actually working before investing 6 weeks of farming wards.

I would test this perfect enhancement if you or another can copy a char with that to the PTS and trade the above to my char on that server.

Same with Loamwave, Bronzewood(lesser is enough), Tranquil(lesser is enough), perfect Elven Battle, and Terror(lesser is enough).
    If anyone want to have it tested it out good.

PS: With +200% it should be 300% whole Resistance which should reduce the duration to 1/3 of its origin duration.
  • evilgeniusnateevilgeniusnate Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    rragle wrote: »
    Fey enchantment.

Does a wil o wisp pop, as I have been at it for hours and haven't had one pop.

If one is not meant to pop, then there will never be a way of knowing the enchantment is working or not due to RNG of enchants dropping normally. As you can't get 100% to test it.

Great, so I just made a regular Fey Blessing for nothing, huh?

Also, 20% chance of fuse took like 15 wards, wtf. Last time I checked, 20% = .20 = 1/5 = 1:5, not 20%=1:15. Check your maths, devs.

Can't imagine the dev math behind 2% Fey Blessing enchant proc.
    Beholder Shard

"EvilGeniusNate" - Divine Cleric - Level 60 - 11.7k GS

"Error 404" - Trickster Rogue - Level 60 - 11.5k GS+Stone
    4k power
    3k crit
    3k armor penetration

Order of the Silent Shroud guild
    edited September 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    It is more than just ArP. As usual the tooltip is incomplete or misleading. Test it yourself or ask your guildy to on Trade of Blades dummies.

Anyway, regardless of its mechanic the question is whether it works or not and that it does.

We tested it and it gave 0% increased damage. So unless it's bugged it's an ArP ONLY enchant and does nothing if you are ARP capped.
    edited September 2013
    We tested it and it gave 0% increased damage. So unless it's bugged it's an ArP ONLY enchant and does nothing if you are ARP capped.

Your evidence conflicts directly with mine and everyone elses all over the forums. Therefore, I can only conclude either your testing is flawed or you are trying to deliberately spread misinformation or your game is bugged.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The enchant works fine.

The issue here is control resist - the stat itself, never worked in pve.

I reported this months ago for the Dwarven racial +10% control resist.

Pve monsters CC you - it works, everytime.

Control resistance works fine in pvp, and this enchant will increase it's affects.

If they ever fix pve control resist, the enchant should be fine too.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
    edited September 2013
    Your evidence conflicts directly with mine and everyone elses all over the forums. Therefore, I can only conclude either your testing is flawed or you are trying to deliberately spread misinformation or your game is bugged.

This is how you tell if an enchant does anything:

1. Combat Log #### (####)
    (####) is raw damage
    #### is damage after mitigation or bonus damage

2. When you equip an enchant does it increase your Tooltip (Yes/No) (If YES. Then the bonus damage is rolling into base damage. This is what the Fay touch enchant does) (If No, now test on NPCs/Dummies)

3. Attack Dummy (Do you see #### or #### (####))
    If you see #### then the enchant does no mitigation changes. No bonus damage!
    If you see #### (####) then the enchant has mitigation changes and increased damage. Now take #### subtract from (####) to see amount gained then take amount gained and divide by (####) to see % gained.)

It's not hard to test weapon damage, bonuses with basic math.

The Bronzewood showed 0% damage gained when ArP capped to target. I believe the enchant is bugged or players posting on forums are confusing Faytouched to Bronzewood as faytouch gives a 12% damage buff to self.
    edited September 2013
    This is how you tell if an enchant does anything:

1. Combat Log #### (####)
    (####) is raw damage
    #### is damage after mitigation or bonus damage
    <snip>

And guess what? Every single person who has Bronzewood, including those on these forums, other than yourself sees:

"#### (####)" in their Combat Log for Encounters and At-Wills when the Mark is up.

Hence the direct conflict with your evidence.

So, I stand by my previous point.
    edited September 2013
    And guess what? Every single person who has Bronzewood, including those on these forums, other than yourself sees:

"#### (####)" in their Combat Log for Encounters and At-Wills when the Mark is up.

Hence the direct conflict with your evidence.

So, I stand by my previous point.

Not 1 person has stated such a thing and in our tests it did NOT #### (####). It did #### because was ArP capped to target when removing ArP you would see #### (####) because the player was NOT ARP capped. ;)

Again the players posting that they've seen damage increase is because they do not have 24%+ ARP.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    10 characters
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited September 2013
    Greater Bronzewood (12%) done today:

rwH85No.png

Note. the first 3 Cleaves after the Lunging Strike also have 5/5 Crushing Pin (10%) applying.

The above is for the benefit of everyone other than dkcandy because he'll just find another excuse to ignore evidence right in front of his face (or produce his own spurious results), including others who have stated that their various ranks of Bronzewood work fine.
    edited September 2013
    Greater Bronzewood (12%) done today:

rwH85No.png

Note. the first 3 Cleaves after the Lunging Strike also have 5/5 Crushing Pin (10%) applying.

The above is for the benefit of everyone other than dkcandy because he'll just find another excuse to ignore evidence right in front of his face (or produce his own spurious results), including others who have stated that their various ranks of Bronzewood work fine.

Yep I see the 10% gain from Crushing Pin and don't know if there are any other buffs/debuffs on dummy. The damage increase is inconsistent and appears there are other debuffs / feats causing random % gained. You can try as hard as you want to push your opinion and post on every thread I post on about the same topic. It won't change the fact that others reported bronzewood not working as intended and I also saw it giving 0% damage increase.

Once I finish the testing it I'll post up my findings and if it's been fixed and how it actually works.

Also why would you use lunge as that applies crushing pin, let alone respec and remove all feats so you don't get mixed results. Bad testing and why I don't trust most of the reports on the forums and test each enchant myself on PTR.
    edited September 2013
    Yep I see the 10% gain from Crushing Pin and don't know if there are any other buffs/debuffs on dummy. The damage increase is inconsistent and appears there are other debuffs / feats causing random % gained.

There were no other buffs or debuffs on the dummy.

1375/1228 => 11.971%
    1361/1215 => 12.016%
    1579/1410 => 11.986%
    1355/1210 => 11.983%

All well within the precision of the numbers provided in the log and all at 12%.

The math does not lie. The only one that is "pushing" opinions is you.
    edited September 2013
    There were no other buffs or debuffs on the dummy.

1375/1228 => 11.971%
    1361/1215 => 12.002%
    1579/1410 => 11.986%
    1355/1210 => 11.983%

All well within the precision of the numbers provided in the log and all at 12%.

The math does not lie. The only one that is "pushing" opinions is you.

Your bronzewood says "Reduces Targets Armor by 16%" correct? Because your #'s is exactly the same as Faytouched I tested this weekend which is a 12% damage increase.