test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Date the Ranger Class will be released?

2»

Comments

• cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    oh really? I'd rather have warlock lol. Hah I hope they release warlock just to spite the 50k threads people have started demanding the Ranger asap.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • jordyman09jordyman09 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They cant balance the current classes and you want them to release more? no ty
  • zaodonnzaodonn Member Posts: 109
    edited August 2013
    xabersedge wrote: »
    Dev Diaries have leaked that it will be a "ranged class" but nothing outside of that.

False.

They actually said TWO things about it:
    - its ranged
    - its "iconic"

These are facts.

There is only 1 ranged + iconic class: Ranger.
  • jerilynjerilyn Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would think a melee Ranger would be too similar to the TR. Particularly since everyone gets pets anyway?
  • durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    add new classes such as ranger or paladin will be great. but, if the current PvE and PvP systems doesnt change, add new class right now or near in the future will break the game even further. right now, many people has already complain about dull end game area, linear mobs/boss mechanic, shortcut/bugs/glitch and everything. I hope they add first 2-3 new modules and fix everything before realese any new class.
  • sirotanussirotanus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Heyy !!

Don't worry dude, keep that in mind :

- the world of Neverwinter is the origin of a famous game on ps2 : Champions of Norrath and Champions return to arms, that include a pretty good archer class .

-if you check it on vids , you will see that the archer is a big long range dps and ... a killer too, with his passive skill (1sword in each hand :rolleyes: )

- I'm not pretending anything about it (how can i pretend a thing i absolutly don't know, huh) but we are talking about supositions here , and it seems logic to think about this way =)

Personally , i hope this archer will be like that , neverwinter will have the best archer of all mmos :cool: (maybe not, the archer of c9 is a monster too ^^)

And sorry for my mistakes, i'm not good in english speaking/writting/farting

See you =)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And when this class is released, we're going to see thousands of Drizzt's alike pretenders with the Menzobenzarran Renegate Class and the black phanter, of course :)! Probally the release of the ranger class gonna have an "possible promotion" for the Menzobenzarran pack, Go for the money, go for the money Boo!!... ops i meant, go for the eyes!!(Minsc).
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Both Ranger and Warlock maybe even both type of Ranger class all at ones.After I say a tank + a heal class.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • fanyenfanyen Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sirotanus wrote: »
    Heyy !!

Don't worry dude, keep that in mind :

- the world of Neverwinter is the origin of a famous game on ps2 : Champions of Norrath and Champions return to arms, that include a pretty good archer class .

Champions of Norrath and the sequel were based on Everquest.
  • darkwolf42775darkwolf42775 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0
    edited October 2013
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    Sorry to burst your bubbles but Mod mentiond that it be a Melee Ranger (not Archer) and Scourge Warlock ...
    i hate to pop ur bubble but ur wrong its a dule class ok and yes its a malee and ranged ok so u think u know every thing be for u open ur mouth its better to know some one that helps with the game ok!
  • mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That hurt to try and read Darkwolf. I'm not sure why you're attacking Drake in the first place.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wow, twice necroed. This thread just won't stay dead.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I command this unclean thread be banished back to the pits of darkness......

Waving my hands in the air and spouting mumbo jumbo does not work for me.

Hmmm....guess I should stick to swinging this 15 ft sword.
  • kshoksho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited October 2013
    aurwangr wrote: »
    Played all classes to a certain level and except the rogue, not my style.

Strange, poor guy.
    I think this entire game is not your style, if you want shooter go CoD...
  • melwing17melwing17 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    ksho wrote: »
    Strange, poor guy.
    I think this entire game is not your style, if you want shooter go CoD...

A ranged class in an MMORPG has very little similarity to Call of Duty.

I am also essentially a 'frozen' account until a new class. I love my rogue, but none of the other classes hold much appeal to me. I love Ranger-style classes.
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    First, necro'd.

Second, Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock are all but guaranteed down the pike, but I have a feeling Paladin isn't too far off, either.

Just seems to me like there are maybe a dozen employees working on this game.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lobo0084 wrote: »
    First, necro'd.

Second, Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock are all but guaranteed down the pike, but I have a feeling Paladin isn't too far off, either.

Just seems to me like there are maybe a dozen employees working on this game.

Those are all good classes, I also hope monk is in the works. I REALLY want to play one!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Necromancy is bad. Aye. It is also disallowed per the Rules of Conduct.
    Section III - Prohibited Topics/Posts

Rule 3.13 - No Necromancy
    . . . . If a thread has not been posted on in over thirty days, it likely contains out of date information or opinions. If you would like to continue such a discussion, please create a new thread to do so, or find an existing "living" one.
This discussion has been closed.