What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RIP HV set

realborealbo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Library
panderus wrote: »
Foundry
Items and Economy
  • Control Wizard High Vizer set: The 4 set bonus of this set will no longer continually stacking to unexpected amounts from multiple Control Wizards. It now only stacks up to 3 instances of the buff.

Long time CW player. About time they did this, and I'm all for it. However, the nerf basically renders the 4 pc bonus useless, at least from a PvE perspective. I was hoping that they would entire remake the set bonus ala stalwart set, and give us something new instead. I would probably start using SW set, considering I'm Renegade spec, but I'm interested in trying out the Fabled set (Anybody try it yet?)

Thoughts?
Admiralsig.png
Post edited by realbo on

Comments

• jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've tried out the Fabled set, and I'd have to say it's totally useless, and what they consider to be direct encounter spells is quite strange. For example, steal time procs the set bonus, and damages 1 other enemy, while other spells like entangling force doesn't.

I agree HV stacks needs to be fixed, but if it only stacks up to 3 times for the whole party like a plague fire enchant, then that's gonna really suck.

I think the buff that we're meant to get needs to be fixed as much as the debuff. There are some spells the adds 1-3 stacks of debuff, but no buff at all to us.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • kirebankireban Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    3 times is enough for it. check all the other sets 4/4 bonus - it will be the same power like them.
    it was a joke how ppl used this bonus in cn up till now.
  • seraphidseraphid Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Its still good set, idk why u call RIP something that got fixed and was totally gamebreaking.
    LFG chat: 80% of spam LF HV CW.
  • carletto75carletto75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Playing as DC I'm use to run always with my RL friend team: CW with HV, 2 GWF, 1 TR.
    NEVER used the bug debuff of HV due to the composition of my team, so we have fight always with at least 3 stack... never complaint on DPS of CW/GWFs/TR... always fun and easy wins.
  • daswoolydaswooly Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Laziest fix ever. They're basically saying they're not competent enough to code it properly by throwing up a random 3 stack max. Should be 3 stacks per wizard, not in total.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Odd that it's not implemented yet. It's still only on the Preview Shard. I didn't see anything in the patch notes for today.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • natehaxnatehax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Odd that it's not implemented yet. It's still only on the Preview Shard. I didn't see anything in the patch notes for today.

Maybe Cryptic's dev team are instead doing the functionally correct thing and instead assigning an ownership ID check to the sprites created by Opressive force and SotEA...which would also act as a fix for the spells not picking up other appropriate feats and buffs on the caster. Simply tie that ID as an additional check to whether or not HV stacks increase and voila, bug fixed. This said, I have no idea how cryptic codes their game, so I may be completely off base.
    Jeger - 60 - CW - Mind Flayer

"Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time." -Last words
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    it's still good to have 1 HV CW though. Now we just need to farm a shadow weaver set also in case there's another CW with HV in the party heh.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

It's live :(

Even an OF adds just 3 stacks. Nothing you can do from what I tried to get it above 3. Didn't yet try partying with other HV CWs.

**** you, Cryptic. It was fun while it lasted. So VERY disappointed.

I assume SW is the only worthy alternative? I was cautious enough to get the set and carry it in my inventory.
  • nonameidknonameidk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    It's live :(

Even an OF adds just 3 stacks. Nothing you can do from what I tried to get it above 3. Didn't yet try partying with other HV CWs.

**** you, Cryptic. It was fun while it lasted. So VERY disappointed.

I assume SW is the only worthy alternative? I was cautious enough to get the set and carry it in my inventory.

So you're angry at them for fixing a game-breaking bug in their game? All I can say is BURN to you and good job to them. :cool:
    When in doubt, just hold on. A new day will rise :)
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just did CN. Draco fight is a bit longer but thats ok.

Guess all newb/GF/Gwf is happy but I will still go with 3 cws to CN...
    edited October 2013
    Btw. Its far from RIP.
    Still want to use than SW anyday! Not to mention the other 2...
  • bratzinatorbratzinator Member Posts: 68
    edited October 2013
    realbo wrote: »
    Long time CW player. About time they did this, and I'm all for it. However, the nerf basically renders the 4 pc bonus useless, at least from a PvE perspective. I was hoping that they would entire remake the set bonus ala stalwart set, and give us something new instead. I would probably start using SW set, considering I'm Renegade spec, but I'm interested in trying out the Fabled set (Anybody try it yet?)

Thoughts?

LMAO, stalwart set "rework". If the same guys that "reworked" stalwart would give a shot to High Vizier the new 4 piece bonus would be something like "When getting struck in combat you have a 25% chance to become a carrot, lying on the floor for 3 seconds." The new stalwart set bonus is completely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to say the least and no one is using it anymore. If I would do a dungeon delve and had an GF wearing this set join my group I'd kick him right out, as with this set he will be less of an asset than a GF wearing blue stuff. And the stalwart set was even working as intended before they reworked it, it did exactly what the tooltip stated and there was no summoned entity glitch or something like that involved.

Personally I use SW with my CW, wanting to get HV as a second option and I think we should not complain about the stack limit fix. After all there should be some diversity when it comes to equipment. At least they don't take the set and turn it into a potato, like they did with stalwart bulwark for GFs, we should be very very lucky about that.

I don't know how the fix is implemented but it looks like a "lazy fix", just putting a cap on HV stacks. The problem of summoned entities triggering effects was - probably - not fixed. So there will most likely be another exploit soon using Avalanche Shard or Oppressive Force to apply on-hit effects. Other classes might have summoned entitiy powers too. It pretty much looks like an "invisible wall" style of fix.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    kozi001 wrote: »
    Btw. Its far from RIP.
    Still want to use than SW anyday! Not to mention the other 2...

Since it doesn't stack with 2 CW's though I think 1 HV and 1 SW would give the party more of a boost. I will probably farm the SW set in case the other CW has only HV
    edited October 2013
    Maybe I look into some Renegade build with SW with lots of crits plus vorpal but one HV CW is still very good in a group.
  • twitticlestwitticles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited October 2013
    Before the broken debuff stacking was widely known HV was considered superior to SW for group play, I don't see why the situation is any different now. Get off the bandwaggon and use your brain thingies instead.
    edited October 2013
    twitticles wrote: »
    Before the broken debuff stacking was widely known HV was considered superior to SW for group play, I don't see why the situation is any different now. Get off the bandwaggon and use your brain thingies instead.

But prior to this fix HV debuff stacked seperately for each CW, now you have a max of 3 HV stacks no matter how many CW's with the set. Therefore getting 3 HV stacks AND bonus lifesteal and crit severity is better than just getting 3 HV stacks heh.
  • twitticlestwitticles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited October 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    But prior to this fix HV debuff stacked seperately for each CW, now you have a max of 3 HV stacks no matter how many CW's with the set. Therefore getting 3 HV stacks AND bonus lifesteal and crit severity is better than just getting 3 HV stacks heh.

In the situation of multiple CW's, certainly, though that can't exactly be considered the norm for groups.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The T2 pvp set is also a relevant option. I don't understand why people don't want to give it a try. Since my CW is a tanky one, i'll stick to HV, but DPS ones would benefit from the 4 pieces bonus.
  • jeffmwillsonjeffmwillson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    All of the CW sets are viable. Archmage T1. with the right encounters and opp build it becomes a daily spamming machine. perma black hole was never gone. but now perma opp force is king. fatebender. decent dps t1 set once u know what encounters it works with. GG t2 set.. great for dps boost on mastery slot and even though its not truly 30% decrease in DC still shaves a couple seconds off most encounters.. effectively boosting dps from that slot around 40% if my math is correct.. HW still good even with fix. SW. broken from what I hear doesn't stack correctly with itself, dunno if that's been fixed. havnt tested magelord but just finished gathering it. We will finally get to see some diversity.. besides that CW is the LEAST gear dependent class.. right rotation of encounters and a good player can out dps poorly selected encounters and a poor player no problem.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    well there was a bug for SW it had a 2 minute cooldown. (activate for 1 minute then go inert for 1 minute). I haven't got a full set of SW, so i cannot test it (my old guildie used to test it). And i dont really run dungeons enough these days, been slaving away on my foundry map recently.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    nonameidk wrote: »
    So you're angry at them for fixing a game-breaking bug in their game? All I can say is BURN to you and good job to them. :cool:

Not angry, I don't get angry so easily :)

Gamebreaking? For whom? You?

For me it was fun-enabling. Me and my usual dungeon mates don't really appreciate exploits, safe spots and jumping instead of killing stuff. So with our 2 HV CWs we had the pleasure of burning everything in our path and doing many bosses such as first two in Karru and so on legit efficiently. We can still kill bosses legit even when incomplete and with pugged members, but it's not that fast and it's more tedious. You see, it is all about efficiency. Will you destroy the boss better by sniping from safespot? Or by AoEing everything down? I prefer the AoE method. I like seeing 30 stacks of HV on mobs. I like our happy melees when they do huge crits. I like melting mobs, and melting them FAST.

I ran these dungeons 100 times+. I don't want to spend even more time in them. The faster the better.
    edited October 2013
    nonameidk wrote: »

Still play with CW rather than GF/GWF any day...
  • macinaossamacinaossa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited October 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    The T2 pvp set is also a relevant option. I don't understand why people don't want to give it a try. Since my CW is a tanky one, i'll stick to HV, but DPS ones would benefit from the 4 pieces bonus.

I'm renegade spec and for pvp i always used the Gauntelgrym set even when the HV set was still bugged.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    HV set is still the best, especially for PVP. Heck, three encounter powers acting as minor RoE? I'll take that. The Regen is nice too.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • eshkadetheshkadeth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you have 2400 armor penetration, will you do more damage wearing the hv set or it doesn't really matter since the 2400 armor penetration takes the boss to 0 defense? I know it might benefit the group since most people don't have 2400 armor penetration.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    eshkadeth wrote: »
    If you have 2400 armor penetration, will you do more damage wearing the hv set or it doesn't really matter since the 2400 armor penetration takes the boss to 0 defense? I know it might benefit the group since most people don't have 2400 armor penetration.

Armor Penetration is applied before debuff effects. It causes your powers to treat the target as if they had lower defense, up to 0. Debuffs then apply after that and can cause them to effectively go into negatives, making them take extra damage.
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Debuffs have nothing to do with armor pen or mob defense. Armor pen and only armor pen reduces mob dr. Debuffs are just damage buffs, they just say the debuff mobs defense.
  • jottnarjottnar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by panderus View Post
    Foundry
    Items and Economy

Control Wizard High Vizer set: The 4 set bonus of this set will no longer continually stacking to unexpected amounts from multiple Control Wizards. It now only stacks up to 3 instances of the buff.

Has anyone tested this change with multiple CWs wearing HV? The HV bug as I understood it was not that (for example) 3 CWs all wearing HV could get a total of 9 buffs, it was that each CW could achieve more than 3 instances of the buff himself. We are interpreting the last sentence to read "It now only stacks up to 3 instances of the buff regardless of the number of CWs wearing HV attacking the target." I admit that given the first sentence that seems to be the most logical read of the sentence, but given the nature of the bug they could mean: "It now only stacks up to 3 instances of the buff maximum for each CW wearing HV." In any event, I'm just curious if anyone has tried multiple HV wearing CWs yet. It doesn't necessarily seem to be a bug to me if two HV wearing CWs could get a total of 6 of the buff.
  • krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    " Has anyone tested this change with multiple CWs wearing HV?"

Yes, it stacks to 3 maximum regardless of the number of CW's