What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RIP HV set

2»

Comments

• rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    well there was a bug for SW it had a 2 minute cooldown. (activate for 1 minute then go inert for 1 minute). I haven't got a full set of SW, so i cannot test it (my old guildie used to test it). And i dont really run dungeons enough these days, been slaving away on my foundry map recently.

I've got a full SW set and that's seemed to be the case for me. It'd work for a while then not. Can anyone else confirm?

And if that's the case, does this make Magelord the best one to use now since HV's basically intentionally bugged the wrong way now?
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    3 stacks of HV is still the best DPS boost, 22.5%
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Magelord set bonus seems very useless to me. I haven't got my full SW set yet, but I remember a while ago, there were some post saying you can re-equip the set for the set bonus to work again.
    I'm also in the middle of testing the Fabled set, it seems like that may be the alternative when there's already one HV in the group.

I've done a few MC runs with some other CWs, and we've been swapping sets. It seems the total damage is about the same using full HV vs something else. I still haven't had time to check the combatlog for those datas yet, but from what I can see, there's not much benefit from not using a HV set if you already have one.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm a little amused by all the threads and posts about HV. I guess I was late to the exploit train, but I had never relied on excessive stacking and won't be missing it. 3 stacks are quite sufficient and greatly increase damage output.

What I would like to see them do next is fix it so that all control powers properly grant the caster the HV buff. Most of them inflict the debuff properly, but they also don't grant the correct number of buff stacks, or any buff stacks in several cases.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    vorphied wrote: »
    I'm a little amused by all the threads and posts about HV. I guess I was late to the exploit train, but I had never relied on excessive stacking and won't be missing it. 3 stacks are quite sufficient and greatly increase damage output.

It was our cheese move :) What's not to like in 400K crits and facemelting dragons? :)

I don't think anybody "relied" on this... you could have 3 CWs with HV and still fail easily. Many HV CWs still had no idea how to add stacks and used singularity as their go-to daily and other spells that had nothing to do with the HV set bonus.
  • focusmanfocusman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I switched from HV to Archmage...Because there will mostly always be a HV wizard in the party, Shadow Weaver bonus is broken.
    Wizard of Oz

Black Lotus

http://nl.twitch.tv/wixardofoz
  • bellodonnabellodonna Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    daswooly wrote: »
    Laziest fix ever. They're basically saying they're not competent enough to code it properly by throwing up a random 3 stack max. Should be 3 stacks per wizard, not in total.

Totally agree. Why penalize a group just because it might have 2 CW's (Or 2 or 3 of any class for that matter). If the set items are supposed to stack up to three times, then that's what the player paid for and that's what the player should get during gameplay. Not 1 1/2 times for 2 cw's or only 1 time for 3 CW's in a group. Let the devs get up off their behinds and code the game properly. EACH player should get what the set items are supposed to deliver.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Its still best for the group. Every other classes "main set" does nothing but personal damage.

Why do people like wizards? its because because having a HV wizard makes everything die faster
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    Its still best for the group. Every other classes "main set" does nothing but personal damage.

Why do people like wizards? its because because having a HV wizard makes everything die faster
    ORLY
    Check GF's Knight Captain's set (~100% uptime) and combine its bonus with HV. Love the numbers ;)
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sslothzz wrote: »
    ORLY
    Check GF's Knight Captain's set (~100% uptime) and combine its bonus with HV. Love the numbers ;)

And a pro DC with a debuff set like High Prophet!