test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance Giveaway - Knight of the Feywild Pack

13»

Comments

• khai1987khai1987 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Good luck guyz, sadly i just bought the pact yesterday.. T_T
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Congratulations to the two winners and thank you Dez for providing us something to keep us entertained during the maintenance!

*Goes back to reading stories*
  • azghorraazghorra Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Man, I thought I had a good chance this time around (v.v )
    Rubenstein's Discount Foundry (NW-DGSI9QUFW) - A partial tribute to City of Heroes.
    4747521824a058685c0fc486fbff1fca?AccessKeyId=33612D1E95C3E57E664F&disposition=0&alloworigin=1Castles & Chemo: Granting a +4 to Saves vs Cancer!
  • conancarnageconancarnage Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    thought azghoora was a really good one two just saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Valindra has seen the greed in the hearts of Neverwinter's influx of "champions", and so hath sewn the seed of their undoing by granting all the creatures they may clash with, with unknown treasures. She hath felt the weakness in the weave of reality, and hath provided a certain kobold minion with the means for Neverwinter's own heroes to weaken this shroud between worlds. Even now, as the days grow shorter and the weather colder, these do-gooders continue to tap into this weakness between worlds, in order to increase their own wealth and power. Every time these rifts are tapped, the barrier keeping the trinity of worlds apart weakens, and only she knows the point at which the separation will give way. Unwitting pawns in her scheme, these champions continue to draw forth wealth from a foreign realm. Soon, all too soon, the fabric of existence will collapse in on itself. Will this event bless Neverwinter with a thrice-fold increase in heroism and valiant action, or will the greed and lust for power overcome the Lord Protector's call for order and peace?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Congratulation to the winners ! Really nice stories ! still reading :D
  • laeaornyalaeaornya Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    azghoora's was really good, actually. I wish I'd've thought of using entities in Sigil like that, invoking the "totem" of each shard in the story. Well done, azghoora.
    nwo-banner_zpsa70beece.jpg
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    One of the effects of the spellplague, was that the city Neverwinter and its surroundings, was split into three distinct realms, though it were possible to feel the echoes of the other not quite forgotten realms, it was impossible to pass from one to the other, families were torn asunder, and people feared they would never see their loved ones again. However, as thanks for the help that mortals gave to the inhabitants of Sharandar, the Iliyanburen used their magic, to heal the rift, and allow the three realms of Neverwinter, to once more be a united whole.

Okay, so it needs work..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    NOTE: First draft, no editing, 1AM, rather tired...

It all began on the cusp of new beginnings, an evening like none before it. Valindra had been vanquished by the Heroes of Neverwinter and Allies of Iliyanbruens, yet the halls of the Candlekeep towered fortress library feel ill with unsettling arcane magics aloft in the skies above.

Selune was full in the high night's sky, casting down unsettling light at the towers below, but that couldn't be why. The scribe Dennius, taking a small break from his nightly translations of ancient text peer down the Way of the Lion over his window sil, watching the moon glow over the gates into Candlekeep. *Crack!*

"Is someone there?" He asks suddenly as he snaps back from his views through the candlelit darkness of his room.

"'Tis only I Dennius, do not be alarmed" a shadowy figure emerged from the doorway.

"Ah, you rattled my concentrations Sage Callspare! Knock next time, please" as Dennius slams a text shut.

"I would have not walked in like a Rogue ready to pounce from your door, but the Sages meeting just adjourned in the main hall and we are all on edge with our eyes to our backs at every step; So I apologize".

Dennius gulps -- "Well, why come here first?"

"You have been deciphering the ancient text of the Abeir-Toril, have you not?" says Sage Callspare with much curiosity.

Pointing to a pile of texts propped against the wall.

"It has been my life's work, you know that. Ever since Alaundo died and left us such horrible prophecies of doom, I have been fascinated with what the past can show us of our future. These texts, the people we know as the Abeir-Toril, their stories, their history, it parallels our own in many ways."

"And it is for that reason Dennius that we require you to tell us what these..." Three small ebony boxes are placed on the table "These forsaken weedwhackers say!" Sage Callspare points.

Dennius leans over and opens one of the boxes "Moon? m-M-MOONBLADES! Are you crazy?"

Standing up, "Where did you get these? They're not even supposed to exist anymore! They're too powerful to even be here!" *sigh* "We're not warriors, these things harbour powers so strong that it is only a matter of time before someone senses their presence and comes looking for them!"

Sage Callspare shakes his head "We are protected by the wards of Candlekeep, do not fear these. You DO believe in our powers to protect the keep, don't you?"

"I, I guess..."

"We just need to know what they say, that's all. I don't want to tell you anything about them as we just need to know what they mean. Tell you what, I'll be back in the morning to see what you've come up with, stay up all night if you must, but just do your best to read them"

Dennius retreats back into his chair and with a deep sigh "Yessir, but I will have you know that there is more here than you realize"

"I know... good-night" Sage Callspare leaves.

Dennius stares at the boxes from the seat of his chair, uneasily, he opens each one. "Moonblades... An Elven artifact of great power" he says as he leans forward to review their contexts. *mumbles words of a forgotten language* "These were gifts, each one to a King of Faerun... May this blade protect your realm in time of need... huh."

At that moment he noted a strange glow began to take shape amongst the pile of Abeir-Toril writings. Suddenly, a triangle appears from the moonlight of Selune's glow and effortlessly hovers over from the papers to the boxes. The triangle multiplies unto three, each with a distinct colour variation and aligning with the moon light down to the piles. A book from the pile ignites in moonlight, popping out to his feet on the floor, opening to a specific page and bursting aglow with new words on it. "What's going on here? This is madness!" Shaking his head, "I've got to stay calm, I've GOT to keep it together... there's nothing that can harm me in this?".

Grabbing the book from the bridge with his thumb, mumbling words not heard in a millennia, the blades began to dance about in their boxes. "Grave danger awaits young sage-ling, protection is needed!" a voice arises from the vibration of the short swords.

With those words, the blades ignite with moonlight, windows burst inward and a figure arises from the air. "Fools!" Ha-ha-ha-ha! "Thank you for making my job easy!" The dark figure says as it grabs all 3 blades from the table. "Now Vhaeraun will have his revenge on Shevarash and I shall have my thrown!"

But the blades burst into more light, pulling energy from every direction inward. As the dark figure continues to fly away with them, they radiate more and more until the ocean is as day. A scream hollows out as the intensity continues, there is nothing but white now and not even a shadow can survive that. The light starts to fade, quickly, as if it is falling into the sea. Suddenly, the ground shook asunder, the towers whipped with the ferocity of a great quake. Light explodes from the sea and all begin to fall into it...

"I... I opened a portal" Says Dennius aloud. "YOU! What ever you were or are, stopped me from finishing the citation and now look what's happening... I don't have the text from the blades to finish the spell, call forth a hero and close it!"

The lands fell blindly white, everything rushing into a vertex of energy. Everything, everything went silent... but only for a moment. With a flash, it was day again and everything appeared as it was hours before the suns fell. Yet, it wasn't the same, not quite anyway...
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • gwyviangwyvian Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sooo the contest is already over? =( I was hoping to enter, but I only saw the post this morning and I assumed it would last until the maintenance lasted...
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Same here, just spent 2 hours writing a narrative prose hoping it would be noted and I post to only find they had chosen a winner already.

*sigh*

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?503021-Maintenance-Giveaway-Knight-of-the-Feywild-Pack&p=6240591#post6240591
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
    edited October 2013
    There's no fairness to the world. I'm a writer, this was right up my alley and it gave me a better chance to actually win something than the usual "grab it while you can" style.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    kolbe11 wrote: »
    Same here, just spent 2 hours writing a narrative prose hoping it would be noted and I post to only find they had chosen a winner already.

*sigh*

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?503021-Maintenance-Giveaway-Knight-of-the-Feywild-Pack&p=6240591#post6240591
    Sorry, Dez did state in his Original Post that it would end at midnight PST, that you only had an hour. :( Very cool story though, thanks for sharing it anyway! Loved reading it!

Congratulations to the winners! Good job everyone! I loved reading these!
  • skarlspeedskarlspeed Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The over god, Ao, decided to task the gods with a wager to see which group could produce the strongest dimension of Toril. He tasked them with deciding the fates of three different dimensions of toril, and the winners would recieve his blessing which would in turn be a blessing toward their followers. During the millenial night, Ao sleeped and dreamed of three different visions. Each vision Ao envisioned the lives of every person on toril and their life and experiences. Once Ao awoke, he was so impressed with these dimensions that he willed all visions to merge, and the three dimensions formed as one...and stronger than any dimension that stood alone. And to that Ao gave his blessings to all.

-as told by a follower of Ao during his stay at the waterdeep asylum.
  • coffeeforevercoffeeforever Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Excellent stories guys. I was super SUPER impressed by what some of you came up with on the fly,
    in such a short amount of time. I think that was the real challenge in itself. Congrats to the winners!
    And congrats to everyone who participated and came up with some great scenerios!
    If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance....

....baffle them with your bullsh!t
  • captmckenziecaptmckenzie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As the evil continues to grow within the realms.The Gods had decided to fuse their worlds into one,thus making it possible for the strongest of adventurers to gather to defeat this growing threat.The wisdom of the Gods prevailed and all worlds are now one.Evil will be finally overcome.
    edited October 2013
    Stoopid time zones thwart me ='(
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Oh yes, exactly.
    Had like only 40 minutes to think up the story and they closed the thread.

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • bushitsubushitsu Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    Three dimensions of the one world. Named Mindflayer,
    Beholder and
    Dragon. Same lands, same cities and houses but diferent people. Every copy of one world has their heroes. As say legend, if will come evil so strong, the people cant stop it, there exist ritual to join dimensions to one, join best of all parts to one powerfull force. Its time to stop Valindra's Shadowmantle spree. Ritual is done, new world was born. Will there be enough people to stop her? Time will show..
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    An hour? Wow that is random.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • lafilafi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    A long time ago in a peaceful land far, far away, there once lived a dragon called Rufus. Rufus was the only dragon to exist in those days. He was the only descendent of the last dragons on the planet, and the royal family considered him to be the guardian of the kingdom.

Rufus was about to turn one year old, and the king and queen were going to organise a birthday party for him. On the morning of his birthday, Rufus came down for breakfast from his tower as he did every day. But today something was wrong – there was no breakfast waiting for him!

Annoyed, he went to the palace living room and flung open the doors. Thinking no one was there, he burst into tears, opened his mouth and filled the room with flames.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    obsiddia wrote: »
    An hour? Wow that is random.

It was merely something to do while the shards were down for maintenance.

It was completely impromptu and simply a means to allow players to pass the time while they couldn't play Neverwinter. :)