test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lemonade Stand All-Server PvP Tournament - You Thirsty Brah?

gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PvE Discussion

To all level 60 PvP players of Neverwinter, if you would like to test your skills against players from all servers, here is the place!

In honor of the new opportunities created by the server merge,
Lemonade Stand would like to announce that it will be hosting a server wide tournament! It will take place on the 22nd of October (two weeks from now), leaving you this time to put a team together, register and prepare yourself!

Registration for the tournament will close two days (20th of October) before the start of the tournament after which no new teams shall be admitted.

PRIZES

The prize pool for this tournament will be funded by the entry fees and separated throughout the top three teams. The more teams that participate, the more entry fees, the larger the prize pool! The prize pool shall be comprised of:

1. A grand prize of 40% of the entry fees and 1 Million Astral Diamonds for the winning team, courtesy of Lemonade Stand.
2. 35% of entry fees to second place.
3. 25% of entry fees to third place.

If anyone wishes to add to the prize pool outside of the entry fees they are free and welcome to do so and shall receive recognition.

REGISTRATION & ENTRY FEE

The entry fee for this tournament will be 5 keys per team. A team wanting to register must send these keys to @alt2j before the end of registration in order to secure their placement. To make things easier to manage I will require these keys to be sent or traded to me in one transaction. A team that has sent their keys to me and wishes to leave the tournament before the end of registration may do so will have their keys fully refunded to them.
TEAM GUIDELINES

• Teams are not restricted to being formed from one guild, so gather the best players you know to form the best team possible!
• Teams will be composed of five set players with one substitute per class. The roster must be announced at the time of registration and cannot be modified after the closure of registration (2 days before the start of the tournament).
• Teams may not have more than two players of one single class. You can have 2 of any class but not more (this includes substitutes if they play a match).
• Teams must decide upon a team captain that needs to be decided at registration. This allows for communication with me and with the other teams.
• Multiple teams can be formed from a single guild. However, the entry fee applies to each team.

You may or may not give a name to your team, for the sake of the tournament setting; you are encouraged to do so.
TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE

Once the registration is closed, teams will be matched against each other in a tournament format. Based on the number of participating teams, we will either play in elimination brackets or start with group stages. A set date for every matchup will be given on the website of the tournament. Upon the scheduled time, team captains must contact each other in order to synchronize PvP domination queues.

Teams will have the whole day to contact each other prior to the scheduled match and to complete the matchup. If a team does not show up, the team captain of the other team must contact me either through mail or tell no later than 1 day after the scheduled date. If the team captain for the absent team does not contact me in this time frame it will result in a loss. If the match simply does not take place and no one contacts me it will unfortunately result in a loss for both teams.

Once a matchup is completed, the results must be sent to (insert contact info) by screenshot.
TOURNAMENT RULES

• The pre-determined team composition and roster must be followed at all times.
• No elixirs or buffs of any kind except for the campfire will be allowed, failure to do so will result in loss of the matchup.
• Obviously no exploits of any kind will be allowed, this includes gear swapping, scripting, etc. If a team is proven guilty of anything which gives an unfair advantage, they will be automatically disqualified.
• Winning a match will be defined as the first team to reach 1000 points; nothing else will be considered.

I think this should cover most bases, if anybody has any questions feel free to ask here or personally msg Alt in game @alt2j.

Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
* TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
Post edited by gctrl on

Comments

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nice!

I would imagine we will be there. Ill have to talk to the guys. Good initiative though!

Man ill take some lemonade, add some ice tea for a arnold palmer bro. WAY more refreshing.
  • toca4toca4 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    I approve this message sir
  • synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    toca4 wrote: »
    I approve this message sir

I approve your message approving this message sir.
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • insomniacgluttoninsomniacglutton Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    synozeer wrote: »
    I approve your message approving this message sir.

I disapprove of disapproving this message which approves of another message.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I disapprove of disapproving this message which approves of another message.
    I approve of this message, and start the cycle once more! :D
  • alt2jalt2j Member Posts: 61
    edited October 2013
    Yeh so once we close registration we can take a look at how many teams we have build the brackets from there, a link will be provided with a schedule as well as results and a roster of all the participating teams
    Like it was said in the original post, any concerns can be voiced either here or personally in game
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So you're saying my team of 5 DCs isn't welcome?

Weak. :(
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
    edited October 2013
    5 dcs to op sorry
  • kromizthegodkromizthegod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    All pro guild please sign up and give us some fun~
  • gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    alt2j wrote: »
    5 dcs to op sorry

tOO STronk! :O
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
    edited October 2013
    alt2j wrote: »
    5 dcs to op sorry
    been there done that
    made ppl rage quit
    sunburst op!
  • rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited October 2013
    Allright, first a couple of questions had a read over, a couple things i didn't see stated.
    1) will this be a knockout competition (pyramid style) or a ladder system, where each team fights 1 other team once, earning points for each win the team with the most points wins
    2) if the latter is the case, if there is a tie for first place, will 1st and 2nd prize be split between the 2 teams?

(if my question has been answered already sorry, i didn't see it)

Also, this is a brilliant idea, i like the rules, 2 max of each class... good plan. You WILL see my team
    edited October 2013
    The tournament style hasn't been decided. It depends on the number of groups that sign up. We'll set up a bracket later on so it will be clear as to how it works. I don't think it will be knockout (one loss=overall loss at chance of a prize), however, since standards are high, one loss will impact you greatly. Hope this helps answer your question.
  • rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited October 2013
    sweet. i like this idea, sick of facerolling **** players -_-
  • holsacholsac Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Another question -

How will the teams coordinate for queueing up for the PvP match?
  • clearlyavirginclearlyavirgin Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Will Lemonade Stand be participating in the tourny? If so, will they be eligible for the 1mil prize?

It seems a tad pointless, giving 1mil to the people who donated it.
    edited October 2013
    holsac wrote: »
    Another question -

How will the teams coordinate for queueing up for the PvP match?

The team captains will pm each other and countdown. then queue; it's all we can do without a prearranged queuing system:(
    Will Lemonade Stand be participating in the tourny? If so, will they be eligible for the 1mil prize?

It seems a tad pointless, giving 1mil to the people who donated it.
    It's not really a prize to us, we just keep what we donated if we win. Would you rather we not contribute at all? IMO, this gives you guys more incentive to whoop our butts ^.^ And isn't it being pessimistic, assuming that LS will automatically win. Just my two cents
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thumbs up!

Feels like such tourneys/events really should be organized by PWE and Cryptic so it's great that one of the big guilds is stepping in. Hopefully this becomes a trend :)
  • clearlyavirginclearlyavirgin Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    It just seems the most likely outcome. When people of equal skill fight, gear determines the victor (along with chosen builds, strategy, etc.)

It's no secret that LS has many top geared and highly skilled players, not to mention LS has held two (to my knowledge) server battles challenging top guilds and has yet to lose.
  • srdjanasrdjana Banned Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I'm all for the merger and had some great testing sessions with LS members on the test server, and have high regards of them as far as their behavior goes in PvP matches.

However, this does seem like showboating...

As it stands now LS doesn't have competition in PvP.

I can handle myself in pvp even against folks who outgear me.
    I have fun, always looking to learn some new stuff and share my knowledge with others and consider myself a trail blazer for the rogue class along with x3lade and Banelorne as far as testing abilities, code, data mining and general gameplay for the rogue class.

I do not think much needs to be said or a tournament needs to be hosted to demonstrate who is the top dog. that line has been well established. :p

All this being said, I look forward to having you guys around tomorrow and stand up to the challenge against Lemonade Stand and Silent Blade.

-S.A.
    Mindflayer Trickster Rogue
    Guild Leader, Novus Ordo
    edited October 2013
    As a member of LS, I can tell you that while gear is a slight factor, there is a lot of skill and theorycrafting that goes into our builds. We have hosted tournaments on PTR so we are all equally geared, and the outcome is no different. People on our server use gear as an excuse however, just yesterday while we were playing on our fresh lvl 60s with 8-9k GS we were still able to win. While I'm not in charge of the tournament, I believe we are hosting this tournament for fun, not for showboating, because we are excited about seeing what new guild have to offer to the current pvp meta.

Half the time our best games are vs each other in the guild (for instance, insomniac's photo) because ppl on our server refuse to do premades with us... We just wanna play:)
  • cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Awesome... wish I was geared better... back to the grind.
    edited October 2013
    srdjana2 wrote: »
    15 Million AD per Rank 10 in pure AD cost..you can diffuse some of that by doing some dungeons but nobody has the patience to run 256 dungeons to get 256 vorpal shards to make 1 Perfect Vorpal.

This is SO not true... granted I don't have that gear... if you have a team of regular players of 5 running dungeons everyday for a week... you will likely have at least 16 vorpal shards. Now if the guild shares all their shards, and is large enough like many of the 400+ member guilds on Dragon, you can have close to 256 shards in about 24 hours.

This I'm speaking about from experience. Used to happen with a guild I will not mention here, because after I left, they kicked everybody and ran with the loot...

So you get a guild like Lemonade Stand that runs the HELL out of dungeons ALL the time (or at least used to)... and tell me that's not possible?

I make normals and greater's by myself. in about a week... sooooo saying that can't happen is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    edited October 2013
    lazuree wrote: »
    As a member of LS, I can tell you that while gear is a slight factor, there is a lot of skill and theorycrafting that goes into our builds. We have hosted tournaments on PTR so we are all equally geared, and the outcome is no different. People on our server use gear as an excuse however, just yesterday while we were playing on our fresh lvl 60s with 8-9k GS we were still able to win. While I'm not in charge of the tournament, I believe we are hosting this tournament for fun, not for showboating, because we are excited about seeing what new guild have to offer to the current pvp meta.

Half the time our best games are vs each other in the guild (for instance, insomniac's photo) because ppl on our server refuse to do premades with us... We just wanna play:)

See I like playing you guys... I've learned alot from going up against you about tactics etc... What frustrates me... is the quitters... they see Lemonade Stand above the name and quit... that **** frustrates me! I don't mind taking an ***-whooping... I just can't stand playing with people who "lay down" like *****es.

So I figure when I finally get geared correctly... I will be able to compete (since I can usually dominate similarly geared toons)... until then... grind grind grind.
  • srdjanasrdjana Banned Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    This is SO not true... granted I don't have that gear... if you have a team of regular players of 5 running dungeons everyday for a week... you will likely have at least 16 vorpal shards. Now if the guild shares all their shards, and is large enough like many of the 400+ member guilds on Dragon, you can have close to 256 shards in about 24 hours.

This I'm speaking about from experience. Used to happen with a guild I will not mention here, because after I left, they kicked everybody and ran with the loot...

So you get a guild like Lemonade Stand that runs the HELL out of dungeons ALL the time (or at least used to)... and tell me that's not possible?

I make normals and greater's by myself. in about a week... sooooo saying that can't happen is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I never said It cant happen. I said nobody has the patience. I was strictly speaking of one person doing the shards themselves.

Not everyone has guilds that co-operate and speaking from experience, chain running dungeons non stop gets you burned out rather quickly.

I wish i could offer you some peace of mind saying there are not quitters on Mindflayer, but we have them too... I would expect this problem to really get out of hand with the mergers...

It mainly comes from Premade's vs Pugs.
    edited October 2013
    Yes aryoux, concerning the style of tournament, the focus that i want to implement here is to give a nice PvP experience for everyone, not some kind of "showboating" or whatever, we want to promote PvP in this game, make it bigger and funner.
    So we will try to make everyone play as much as possible in the tournament.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Please be aware that any form of P2W discussion is prohibited under rule 3.08 of Rules of Conduct.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • bloodgirlbloodgirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Congratz on your recruiting strategy...
  • foosoofoosoo Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Please be aware that any form of P2W discussion is prohibited under rule 3.08 of Rules of Conduct.
    I just saw this, apologies.
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    See this post. Notice that thing about Razer.
This discussion has been closed.