Install Arc
Options

Cheating In PvP

Comments

• Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    herk412 wrote: »
    Had a pvp match against a well known Mindflayer rogue last night.

Mind you, i'm no soft target and can lay out damage and I also can spot an exploiter from a mile away.

Next time I go into a match vs this person I will have Fraps running. I finished 16/7..they finished 19 and 0 and on at least 4 occasions I went head to head vs them...

Impact Shot = 0 Damage ... He did not have ITC up
    Cloud of Steels = 0 Damage..same no ITC
    Wicked Reminder = 0 Damage , no debuff on the rogue
    Path of the Blade = 0 Damage, used it twice while he was in the area
    Courage Breaker did not even slow him even thiugh he did end up with the dark "flies" effect surrounding him.

Yeah...definelty a hack out there being used...as judging from these posts apparently other classes can benefit from it as well.

Exactly, most hacks will work with any class. Please record the match also so you can nail the exploiter and report them with proof. The devs designed the game to handle health/stamina on the client end and not the server end so it can be hacked. The devs did include protection against 32bit memory hacking but failed to include protection against 64bit memory hacking. *Shrug*

Players also need to know the difference between cheating and regular game mechanics.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Wait wait wait... So is Impact shot, wicked reminder, path of the blade, and courage breaker your usual setup for PvP? I'm not going to judge as you may have just been testing different skills to see if he was exploiting, but. . . LOL if that is your real loadout =P

yes i run alot of tests...me and Banelorne are some of the more well known testers of the class.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    pando83 wrote: »
    I didn't even wrote the word "nerf". Yet you guys Always jump on the defensive. You say i just complain. Yet, i made apost discussing strategies, and wrote one myself, and brought up some issues, and you replied with a complaining. Who's the one complaining here?

Now, try something different: if you don't want a nerf, just try and explain how that stuff can be countered.
    Cause all i read is people afraid of getting a nerf and lose power, or just writing "learn2play".

Now, we've a sentinel top tier GWF, and a top tier TR. The TR superiority is shown in the video. Which case is it:

the Lemonade Stand GWF needs to L2P and got owned cause he didn't play it properly
    the TR got such gear he overgeared the Lemonade Stand GWF

You don't even want people to discuss those issues? Well, then explain to us poor players and to the devs why it's just a L2P issue.
    I write this cause when i asked for some advice on vs TRs in PvP, the answers were:

Slot roar and try to figure out where the TR is looking at the knives he's throwing
    Go sentinel and just tank
    Try to understand where they are and get them

All quite vague. The sentinel in the video ended up dead without much of a chance to fight. And he did the above. You could discuss strategies instead of complaining every time someone discuss about your class.

Your analysis was faulty because it implied TRs are OP and implied the devs did not stuff an equal amount of abilities that can be considered OP into every class. Your analysis screamed "Nerf TRs!". Every class has abilities that can be considered OP by the other classes and that is why there is a nerf thread of every class instead of nerf threads only for TRs. Honestly anyone smart enough to analyze a class should be smart enough to do some research of their own to find the counters to use against TRs instead of expecting someone else to point them out. *Shrug*

Analyzing your posts shows that you are QQing because your class is not juggernauts in PVP. Neither are TRs because the TR in the fight you mentioned was killed a few times in the video. The fight you pointed out was a long one on one fight and the only reason the TR won was because of regen and keeping their distance from the sentinel. Heavily geared TR vs Sentinel GWF is a 50/50 fight and the TR was luckily enough to win in that video. It would have different if the TR killed the GWF in a several seconds without getting injured.

The thread topic is "Cheating in PVP" your posts and my replies to your post do not contribute to the thread topic. Please be helpful and actually find a movie that has some actual cheating in it. Like a player not dying at all during PVP. Have a nice day. :)

NOTE: I will not be responding to anymore posts that are not on the topic of the thread which is "CHEATING IN PVP".

BTW I was not complaining but complimenting you on making a good post that implied "Nerf TRs!" instead of flat out saying it.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I see cheating and balance arguments to be completely separate issues.

Every player will have that moment of decision when his class is attacked and is threatened with a nerf. Most will go with their first instinct, which is to defend against the attack and dismiss the claims of the attacker, while giving no basis of argument in their defense. A few will go with the next line, which is to create a logical explanation or reasoning to why their claim is valid. In only rare instances will a player take a step back and say 'Yes, this class is broken.'

TR's have an obvious and very strong favor in PvP, and in certain situations, PvE. I'm not one to complain about their heightened damage (makes sense) or their ability to outmaneuver the enemy and dodge (makes sense). The only logical problem I see with TR's is the ability to attack from stealth while remaining stealthed. In DnD, this works because the TR is exceptionally weaker and unable to take even one good hit. But in this PvP oriented MMO that tries to at least resemble DnD, and all MMO's that I've ever played, it's understood that the strongest form of defense any class can possibly have is cloak.

TR's will receive a nerf as this game progresses, and it will be a change that prevents them from using too many immunities (dodge, ITC, stealth, etc) back to back. I use this logic not because I hate TR's, but because that's exactly why they changed GWF. Too many immunities. Being able to solo bosses while constantly rotating immunities is one clear example of a broken mechanic.

CW's are going to receive a change soon, as well. Their combination of high AOE damage output and CC ability has made them immensely popular in PvE. Simply by their success and how they excel, they will be toppled. Especially when it becomes apparent that such massive damage at range should never beat the damage of melee, because the simple advantage of range makes a huge difference.

We all have heard arguments that "if I'm nerfed, I'll quit". Which is exactly what a lot of GWF's did when the game went live, no? And do many of you gents, defending your current TR immunities or alpha-damage CW's, feel that GWF's were balanced? GWF's had many defenders, too, who said you simply didn't know how to play.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • Options
    fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    ITT: People talking about nerfing TRs because some TRs are OP due to them using external cheat programs.
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Of course the TRs should be nerfed by 90%.

As for Promacy, I still fail to understand why it is written in Polish on my screen. Yes, a player from Poland is asking for help, but he is the one who has to see Promacy on his screen. He and all the other players from Poland taking part to the Domination session. Not me. I have to see it written in the language that I chose when I installed the game. That is, I should see "Help".
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am glad that there are others out there that are seeing what i am.

We can talk about balance and cheating in this thread.

90% of the pvp matches are completely unbalanced mainly due to the levels not matching issue.At the start of each game it will say some thing like level 39 if you are in the 30 levels.But due to the fact if some body is 3 to 4 levels higher then you your build is off bye a few points in the skill system this is where i see one of the major issues.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    lobo0084 wrote: »
    I see cheating and balance arguments to be completely separate issues.

Every player will have that moment of decision when his class is attacked and is threatened with a nerf. Most will go with their first instinct, which is to defend against the attack and dismiss the claims of the attacker, while giving no basis of argument in their defense. A few will go with the next line, which is to create a logical explanation or reasoning to why their claim is valid. In only rare instances will a player take a step back and say 'Yes, this class is broken.'

TR's have an obvious and very strong favor in PvP, and in certain situations, PvE. I'm not one to complain about their heightened damage (makes sense) or their ability to outmaneuver the enemy and dodge (makes sense). The only logical problem I see with TR's is the ability to attack from stealth while remaining stealthed. In DnD, this works because the TR is exceptionally weaker and unable to take even one good hit. But in this PvP oriented MMO that tries to at least resemble DnD, and all MMO's that I've ever played, it's understood that the strongest form of defense any class can possibly have is cloak.

TR's will receive a nerf as this game progresses, and it will be a change that prevents them from using too many immunities (dodge, ITC, stealth, etc) back to back. I use this logic not because I hate TR's, but because that's exactly why they changed GWF. Too many immunities. Being able to solo bosses while constantly rotating immunities is one clear example of a broken mechanic.

CW's are going to receive a change soon, as well. Their combination of high AOE damage output and CC ability has made them immensely popular in PvE. Simply by their success and how they excel, they will be toppled. Especially when it becomes apparent that such massive damage at range should never beat the damage of melee, because the simple advantage of range makes a huge difference.

We all have heard arguments that "if I'm nerfed, I'll quit". Which is exactly what a lot of GWF's did when the game went live, no? And do many of you gents, defending your current TR immunities or alpha-damage CW's, feel that GWF's were balanced? GWF's had many defenders, too, who said you simply didn't know how to play.

Very interesting post and you forgot to mention GFs since there are defenders for them as well. Every class has nerf threads and defenders. It is not just TR, CW, and GWFs. Keep in mind the last two *balancing* updates made changes for every class. This means every class will be *balanced* again even if it hurts PVE.
    vortix44 wrote: »
    Of course the TRs should be nerfed by 90%.

As for Promacy, I still fail to understand why it is written in Polish on my screen. Yes, a player from Poland is asking for help, but he is the one who has to see Promacy on his screen. He and all the other players from Poland taking part to the Domination session. Not me. I have to see it written in the language that I chose when I installed the game. That is, I should see "Help".

Posts like this one just make me laugh. It at least mentions something that was mentioned when the thread was created.

.............You know what go ahead and nerf the hell out of all the classes. I am already moving on to another game because Neverwinter has become boring because of its lack of content and it being full of too many QQers. I have only played Neverwinter once in the last two weeks and that was today because of maintenance on the other game. I may come back or may not depending on if they add more content. *Shrug*

• Options
    edited October 2013
    xcom43 wrote: »
    I am glad that there are others out there that are seeing what i am.

We can talk about balance and cheating in this thread.

90% of the pvp matches are completely unbalanced mainly due to the levels not matching issue.At the start of each game it will say some thing like level 39 if you are in the 30 levels.But due to the fact if some body is 3 to 4 levels higher then you your build is off bye a few points in the skill system this is where i see one of the major issues.

So the topic of thread is now "Balance and Cheating in PVP". Interesting how you changed it after mistakenly accusing players who used legit game mechanics of cheating.

What the game should do is boost player stats like health to level 60 stats and replace all the gear with standard level 60 PVP gear so it comes down to skill instead of gear. It is done successfully in other games.

• Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I know it's off topic and you probably don't even care, but I simply have to say it: Polish "help" is "pomocy", not "pomacy" or "promacy".
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Why learn to play if you can whine about them on forums? :cool: /MMOlogic101
    Can't kill GWF? NERF! or CHEATING!
    Can't kill DC? NERF! or CHEATING!
    Can't kill GF? NERF! or CHEATING!
    Can't kill a TR? NERF! or CHEATING!
    Can't kill a CW? NERF! or CHEATING!
    GWF kills you? NERF! or CHEATING!
    GF kills you? NERF! or CHEATING!
    TR kills you? NERF! or CHEATING!
    CW kills you? NERF! or CHEATING!
    DC kills you? NERF! or CHEATING! (Rarely happens but it does happen.)
    TR performs any action while unseen by you: NERF! or CHEATING!

Yep, it must be the game mechanics. :)

Granted there are some real cases of cheating going on that should be recorded and reported.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    ulviel wrote: »
    I know it's off topic and you probably don't even care, but I simply have to say it: Polish "help" is "pomocy", not "pomacy" or "promacy".

Don't worry the OP removed the comment saying it was a cheat when it was just someone calling for help. LOL.

• Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Lol you forgot "TR performs any action while unseen by you: NERF!" =P
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I'm noticing unusual lag when going against certain people in pvp and it is only occurs during fights.

It's almost as if there is a loophole in the client side that is being abused.

ITC glitching, is well known.
    Immunity, is well known.
    Pot glitching, is becoming known.

I will attempt to track folks that I fight against when this mysterious lag shows up.
  • Options
    yosannahyosannah Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    You left out:
    Can't kill DC...
    Uh... nvm. Carry on.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    I'm noticing unusual lag when going against certain people in pvp and it is only occurs during fights.

It's almost as if there is a loophole in the client side that is being abused.

ITC glitching, is well known.
    Immunity, is well known.
    Pot glitching, is becoming known.

I will attempt to track folks that I fight against when this mysterious lag shows up.

There is tons of loopholes because of how poorly the game was designed. Any player that played during the out of open beta event knows exactly how poorly the game was designed. The devs designed the game to handle health/stamina on the client end and not the server end so it can be hacked. The devs did include protection against 32bit memory hacking but failed to include protection against 64bit memory hacking. The lag issue could caused by several things to be honest. I found a guide that might help you and reducing your graphics may help as well.

http://blog.wtfast.com/2013/01/8-tips-to-reduce-lag-while-playing-mmorpg.html 8 Tips to Reduce Lag While Playing MMORPG

yosannah wrote: »
    You left out:
    Can't kill DC...
    Uh... nvm. Carry on.

Fixed it. I originally left DCs out because in my opinion they are the most nerfed classes in the game and NERF DC are very rare. I think DCs deserve a little love instead of another nerf.

• Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    ^^ It is not on my end nor my connection.

It only occurs when I go up against a select few folks. I won't say anything about it until I nail it down.

The lag burst in pvp has been used in many games.

Ohh I forgot to mention gear swapping earlier....15 second soulforged anyone?

I just never understand why folks need to resort to such tactics....
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can't kill DC? NERF! or CHEATING!
    DC kills you? NERF! or CHEATING! (Rarely happens but it does happen.)

Yep, it must be the game mechanics. :)

Granted there are some real cases of cheating going on that should be recorded and reported.

Or long story short -

Dear Devs,

Paper is overpowered, please nerf, Scissors is fine as is.

Rock.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    ^^ It is not on my end nor my connection.

It only occurs when I go up against a select few folks. I won't say anything about it until I nail it down.

The lag burst in pvp has been used in many games.

Ohh I forgot to mention gear swapping earlier....15 second soulforged anyone?

I just never understand why folks need to resort to such tactics....

Players get too competitive, figure out they can not win every PVP, and are left with four choices. The first choice is to not take it seriously, improve their skills/gear, and continue to play PVP because you win some and lose some. The second choice is to quit playing the game and move onto another game. The third choice is to run to the forums and make QQ threads complaining about balance and wanting other classes to be nerfed. The fourth choice is to cheat.

I think the first two choices are the best choices players can make because they do not hurt other players. Granted I think there is a better reason to quit the game like lack of content and garbage costumer support. I'm moving on to a different game because I'm sick of doing the same quests every other day that have garbage rewards.

bluedarky wrote: »
    Or long story short -

Dear Devs,

Paper is overpowered, please nerf, Scissors is fine as is.

Rock.

^I like it. Sorry my post was to long and you simplified it nicely. Thank you.:)

• Options
    herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Couldnt have said it better myself King.
  • Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well if you don't complain about these things then nothing is going to get fixed.

I understand both balance and cheating.And can tell the difference between both.

And it feels like you guys are calling me stupid.When i know what the hell i am talking about.I have seen cheaters and i have all so seen unbalance issues these are both common in newer mmo's.

Give them a year and most of the bug issues will be worked out.The problem is that most people like to use a broken item and not tell to use it too there advantage.That is called Exploiting and is wrong and can get you banned.

Exploiting an item or some thing in a mmo game is called cheating.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    xcom43 wrote: »
    Well if you don't complain about these things then nothing is going to get fixed.

I understand both balance and cheating.And can tell the difference between both.

And it feels like you guys are calling me stupid.When i know what the hell i am talking about.I have seen cheaters and i have all so seen unbalance issues these are both common in newer mmo's.

Give them a year and most of the bug issues will be worked out.The problem is that most people like to use a broken item and not tell to use it too there advantage.That is called Exploiting and is wrong and can get you banned.

Exploiting an item or some thing in a mmo game is called cheating.

Give it up. No one called you stupid. Clearly you do not know the difference between balance and cheating because most of your claims were players using legit game mechanics.

You even thought pomacy was a cheat giving the other team more of an advantage when it was someone calling for help in polish. Wait a sec, it was probably someone on your own team saying it since doesnt calls for help go to party chat and not zone???

You also claimed the permastealth build, which is annoying, was a cheat.

I could go on pointing it all out but why bother. You seemed to just not have known the difference between someone using game mechanics and actually cheating. This game will probably be dead in a year. Have a nice day:)

Every class having a nerf thread = balance since people want every class nerfed.

• Options
    yogokouyogokou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Are you seeing something similar to this? (btw this video is 3 months old)

this guy seems to have found a exploit in witch he never takes dmg

When you sometimes get that screen blur/brightening, and it seems like the game fast-forwards a frame, like 1:04 in the video, it is a good indication of a bot/hack. I get that every time I am fighting a bot on my low level characters in PVP (i.e. TR bots using Dazing Strike).
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The TR issue was brought up cause one of the guys said he had the impression of TRs going ITC too much.
    The point was: it may very well be that it was ITC+ Soulforged, but still, they have such a multy-layered defense that at very high levels they do not need cheating.

I personally didn't notice any cheating, but may be i was just lucky. Sure thing is i see TRs going ITC a lot in short amounts of time. May be stacking recovery.

@king: in my post i said that my impression is TRs have the upper hand in 1v1 PvP. But domination is 5v5, so it's not like saying TRs are OP. Talking about counters to a class is not asking for nerfs, unless you yourself think that there should be something to fix and such discussion could make the devs notice it. Anyway, if you think the devs nerf out of players posts, you're rather naive. They use the community to detect POSSIBLE not balanced mechanics, then they run theyr OWN tests and modify the game to fit their goal.
    If TRs will get nerfed, it will not be cause people complain about them. This said, i'll just open a thread to discuss TRs counters in PvP, so that this thread won't go OT.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    pando83 wrote: »
    @king: in my post i said that my impression is TRs have the upper hand in 1v1 PvP. But domination is 5v5, so it's not like saying TRs are OP. Talking about counters to a class is not asking for nerfs, unless you yourself think that there should be something to fix and such discussion could make the devs notice it. Anyway, if you think the devs nerf out of players posts, you're rather naive. They use the community to detect POSSIBLE not balanced mechanics, then they run theyr OWN tests and modify the game to fit their goal.
    If TRs will get nerfed, it will not be cause people complain about them. This said, i'll just open a thread to discuss TRs counters in PvP, so that this thread won't go OT.

You are still continuing this even after I made everything perfectly clear. *Shakes his head*

I could be insulting but you are wrong about that TR easily handling that GWF because it took time and strategy. The Lemonade GWF player was shocked the TR was out playing them since Lemonade usually dominates. That was an actual balanced fight that the GWF could have won if the player used better strategy. Anyone who is as smart as you seem to be should be able to recognize it.
    *Shrugs*

You want to claim that it is unbalanced well then here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?498461-Unkillable-GWF-ruins-pvp - Unkillable GWF ruins pvp

Note: I looked at your thread and was planning to be a pain in it but didn't because you were asking for strategy and not overly making TRs appear OP when they are not. I wish you the best in learning the counters. You did good by leaving out wrong claims like "easily handled by the TR" when the sentinel was in no way easily handled because it took strategy and time to do it. I also edited this post simply because you stepped back from claims of unbalance and figured out it was a strategy issue without making excuses like "easily handled by the TR" and "thanks to all these abilities the devs stuffed into them". The devs honestly put an equal amount of abilities that can be considered OP into each class.

Suggestion: Roll a TR, level it, and learn it so you can form your own strategy on how to counter it. It is the most effective way instead of relying on what is said by others. More players should do this if they are having difficulty with a specific class.

Note 2: The devs do listen to player posts and complaints. The devs rolling back the stealth nerf that would have gutted TRs is an example of this occurring.

• Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That video that shows the rogue taking 0 damage is 3 months old. That bug was fixed LONG AGO.

Also, people are complaining about 'cheats' but no complaining about the gear score bug! Most likely a lot of this 'cheating' is just that your gear score went to zero and you didn't notice. I still don't understand why there isn't more noise made about this bug.
  • Options
    bstbybstby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    The devs do listen to player posts and complaints.

The words "stalwart bulwark's" suddenly come to mind here. Just saying.
    Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    izatar wrote: »
    ...Also, people are complaining about 'cheats' but no complaining about the gear score bug! Most likely a lot of this 'cheating' is just that your gear score went to zero and you didn't notice. I still don't understand why there isn't more noise made about this bug.

What's with the GS bug? Suppose that your GS bugs out and it's constantly 0. What do you care? Dungeon access?
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Yep, this kgculex guy is making a bad case worse with each new post of him desperately repeating that everything is fine and balanced. Tautology is not proof, yunno, kgculex.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What's with the GS bug? Suppose that your GS bugs out and it's constantly 0. What do you care? Dungeon access?
    In PvP, usually after a respawn, sometimes your gear score will go down to zero or a couple hundred. Because of this, you do very little damage when you attack, and you take massive damage because you don't have any defense. It can seem like the opponent is cheating because they take almost no damage and kill you in one hit.
    This is a bug that happens sporadically, although there might be some (to me unknown) way of triggering it.
    The workaround is to take off your breast piece and put it back on.

If you don't know about this bug, you shouldn't call 'cheat'.
This discussion has been closed.