test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Whats your GearScore?

fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Class: Guardian

level: 60

GearScore: 12.1k

Picture:

kmvh.png
Post edited by fusedmass on

Comments

• Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You have been playing since April, i.e. 5 months, and you are proud to have a 12k GF...?

Anyway, Gear Score means little and its value varies dramatically depending on class, among many other things.

That said, I'd be rather more impressed with a 14k CW than a 16k GF.
  • Options
    clearlyavirginclearlyavirgin Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    You have been playing since April, i.e. 5 months, and you are proud to have a 12k GF...?

Anyway, Gear Score means little and its value varies dramatically depending on class, among many other things.

If you don't go with the meta gear GF, you'll have around 12k GS but have 2k crit, 2k Apen, and 6-7k power along with hard cap 3k defense, and around 1-1.5k recovery.
  • Options
    clearlyavirginclearlyavirgin Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I have all classes with at least 10k GS (which basically means t2 gear)

I also have multiples of other classes, 3 TRs, 2 CWs.
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

One: Your comment is off topic. If you wish be included in this conversation. At least post you're gear score along with your thoughts

Two: This is my second level 60. I have been playing this one full time recently and haven't been able to gear him up all the way properly. So I haven't been playing him since launch. I played a CW.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The point Foldlez was trying to make is GF's have a feat called Reckless attacker. It doubles your power stat with a full block meter. With this one single feat it is fully possible to have 12k gear score at 60 in a full set of blues without any enhancements.

Considering, it is a powerful and extremely popular feat. 12k on a GF really isnt much of a big to do.

Nothing like an e-peen topic where what one thought was gigantic, gets reduced to half-mast.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    The point Foldlez was trying to make is GF's have a feat called Reckless attacker. It doubles your power stat with a full block meter. With this one single feat it is fully possible to have 12k gear score at 60 in a full set of blues without any enhancements.

Considering, it is a powerful and extremely popular feat. 12k on a GF really isnt much of a big to do.

Nothing like an e-peen topic where what one thought was gigantic, gets reduced to half-mast.

Sincerely, I just have to correct one point you made in error. The first poster said I was "proud" now you claim this is an e peen measuring contest. I'm not sure how you inperting that I'm chest pounding and bragging. I just claimed a Gear Score.

It could be as low as 1k. That's the topic of the thread. If I made a thread about pancakes, would you claim. I'm bragging about cooking. Please stop misunderstanding what I'm saying and misinterpreting my words. I am just asking for your Gearscore not a debate on mine.

If you wish to continue making false information spreading it like wildfire. That is up to you. You are putting words in my mouth and making false assumptions. This is not a bragging or e peen measuring content. Its a simple poll.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013

I was just in CN with a 12K GS CW that didn't have, nor even knew about, Singularity. I run into similar players that buy their GS without learning their class all the time.

Knowing how to play your character well makes up for thousands of GS points for any class.

Don't even get me started on groups that insist on a specific gear set...
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    sokarrostausokarrostau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 45
    edited September 2013
    11385 Tactician GF. 2/4 + 2/4 t2 Armour, one epic ring and belt, one blue ring and amulet, Fomorian Shield. 1 x r7 enchant, 4 x r5, 2 x r4, 3 x r3 enchants. No weapon or armour enhancements.

I had almost 14k GS while in Conqueror spec and still wearing a lot of junk gear with no enchantments and had no real problems getting into dungeons (other than the eww factor of being a GF when everyone wants every other class first). Within an hour of respeccing I was told to "gear up ****, you can't handle t2 yet". I also got kicked from a dungeon shortly after dying because my shield broke and I was instagibbed by Knight's Valour; the comment before kicking was something along the lines of "omfg 11k GF **** just got one-shot". I should have not bothered with Valour and let them all die since not one of them was over 30% health when i died while taking 50% of their damage. People are idiots.
  • Options
    nonameidknonameidk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ^ Agreed, GS does not matter in the slightest.
    When in doubt, just hold on. A new day will rise :)
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My first char and "main" is my TR who has the lowest gs of any of my characters even though he's the only one with BIS gear (ie fabled weapons, rest are still CN). my TR is lower than the rest because he needed AP gain over hp for the 3rd boon.

TR = 12.6k
    DC = 12.9k
    CW = 12.8k
    GF = 15.9k
  • Options
    misssmooziemisssmoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Knowing how to play your character well makes up for thousands of GS points for any class.

Don't even get me started on groups that insist on a specific gear set...
    First yes, skill >> GS any day, my 10.7k CW can do Epic SP succesfully if I have 1 decent DPS and a decent healer, the other 2 doesn't matter at all. (Did a succesfull Epic SP during DD the other day as solo CW, not a single wipe.) And she out dps the standard run-of-the-mill 12k CW by far w/o problems.

But, about certain set requirements, High Vizeer on a CW who knows how to use it will melt the adds, it's setbonus is the difference between a 15 min 4/4 CN and a 40 min.

Also have a 13.5k DC.
    Wizard.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    I'm not sure how you inperting that I'm chest pounding and bragging. I just claimed a Gear Score.

Well, beyond the obvious, that the entire point of topics like this is to show off, compare, and measure. The fact that you felt the need to post this twice, both here and in the GF forum, speaks pretty loudly. Regardless, its your party. Just try not to be all that surprised when you continue to get similar comments.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    okr8.jpg
    Guess I'll hit 17k soon.
    Think it would be 17k atm, but I dropped some since I put in 2 of those fey blessing utlity enchants replacing my dark 7s.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    14,062 tr
    13,158 dc
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    utility slots dont give GS... 10k power with no Crit and so low Arp is stupid, get to 8k and go to 2k (at least) crit and 2200 Arp, 4300 defense is 700 points into diminishing returns hell, if you want defense stats after 3600 get yourself regeneration and lifesteal, 2500 deflect is ok.

People dont know how to properly place their stats, i saw yesterday a 19k Gf... seriously, 12k power, and 0 crit... on timeless hero set... super smart.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    . . . . . 'Old Zeb' is currently around 12.4k GS, he is a Control Wizard level 60. Oddly, my last item upgrade dropped my GS by 100 points despite each stat on the new piece being the same but higher stat types as the old piece. So yeah, I don't put much faith in GS myself.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    utility slots dont give GS... 10k power with no Crit and so low Arp is stupid, get to 8k and go to 2k (at least) crit and 2200 Arp, 4300 defense is 700 points into diminishing returns hell, if you want defense stats after 3600 get yourself regeneration and lifesteal, 2500 deflect is ok.

People dont know how to properly place their stats, i saw yesterday a 19k Gf... seriously, 12k power, and 0 crit... on timeless hero set... super smart.

Yes they do if you slot dark - movement speed adds to gs.

If you understood GFs, you know that dex adds to armor pen, so im actually only a few hundred off the cap counting my dex (which is usually 16 with the potions i have).
    And no crit? I have freakin 1975 crit after my timeless set procs - for a class with ZERO bonuses to crit, if anything imo I have more then enough crit. People who stack crit on low crit benefit classes are plain bad players. It's one of the WORST stats for a GF, if the timeless set didn't give so much, I still wouldn't stack much.

And you REALLY show your lack of understanding given you think im somehow wasting 700 def points - when I have ZERO azure runes slotted. Sorry bro I can't lower my defense, im a GF, we get that naturally. At most I could change my neck/belt and lose 200 points ,but actaully thats costing me around 2% resist, which is pretty massive imo - hardly "dimishing returns hell" - that doesn't happen with defense until about 5k. If anything, i'd like a bit more defense - I miss my stalwart set and do notice the difference.

And I should get more regeneration you say? uhh pretty sure I'm probably the highest regen stated GF on the server for wearing timeless set. I have two of the prepatcha nerfed rings on my pet for 1163 regen. Much past that suffers pretty heavy dimishing returns, and theres no way to get it without sacrificing HEAVILY on other stats, for small gains.

Sucks I lose most of it in pvp, but oh well, I wear an alternate full GT set in pvp and dominate 99% of my matches anyways.

Also a GF with all rank 10 radiant runes would not hit 19k. I'm pretty close to max and you can see my score. Max would be about 18k - including util slots and full boons. So calling lies on that one, tells us the name of this mystery GF is you want to prove otherwise. I've not seen any GF with a higher GS then mine.

Big power stacking on a GF is very effective because we get double power, plus the +10% food makes it more like +220% power. Sure it's not so great for other classes, but when its 2.2x effective, its a pretty **** powerful stat.

And thats my pve setup anyways, for PvP I drop a lot of the power for tenebrous and some armor pen (tho I actually lose a bunch of armorpen overall, as most of it's on my pet, and will full GT runes, not like I have any choice in the matter).

So no, pretty much everything you said is nonesense. My gear is ultra optimized, i've tried nearly every setup. All I have left to do is up my enchants a bit and i'll be armor pen capped (counting my dex) , have a bit more power and hp, rest will be about the same.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Doesn't matter anything else you said, Utility slots DO NOT ADD gs.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No, Movemet DOES NOT add to gear score, and no, the crit stacks from timeless is not enough, the damage you do over a run with 2000 crit over 2000+ power is about 10% more, get someone do the maths for you, theory crafters are tech.

Defense ignored must be always over 22% because that's direct damage, also threat generation.

Im on 8kish power, 46% damage mitigation (50% after pots/doping) and 33k HP... and ovbiously dark 8s in movement, because movement is the most important stat on a GF, over defense, over power, over anything...
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    Yes they do if you slot dark - movement speed adds to gs.

Movement most certainly does NOT impact Gear Score.

Gear Score is the arithmetic sum of Attack/Healing and Protection, i.e. your offensive and defensive stats (sometimes with ratios applying) from gear on yourself and not pet. Also, some random feats affect these stats and therefore your GS. The most well known ones being Toughness heroic feat and GF's Reckless Attacker Conqueror paragon feat.

If you do not believe me, buy some cheap boots and swap in Utility Movement enchants (Rank 3 should be fine). Check your GS before and after.

Given you claim to have or almost have a 17k GS GF, and have had a PWE account for coming up to a year, it is further evidence of just how little GS means! :)

Note. I do not know if the new Utility enchants from Feywild affect GS. But I would both expect and hope not.
  • Options
    omnicidalg0domnicidalg0d Member Posts: 40
    edited September 2013
    12.8k tr, 12.9k cw, 10k gwf =p
  • Options
    meangean88meangean88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    13,722 gwf
    GM of Order of the Raven
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    No, Movemet DOES NOT add to gear score, and no, the crit stacks from timeless is not enough, the damage you do over a run with 2000 crit over 2000+ power is about 10% more, get someone do the maths for you, theory crafters are tech.

Defense ignored must be always over 22% because that's direct damage, also threat generation.

Im on 8kish power, 46% damage mitigation (50% after pots/doping) and 33k HP... and ovbiously dark 8s in movement, because movement is the most important stat on a GF, over defense, over power, over anything...

The maths pretty simple. Crit past the 2k I can already manage gives me next to nothing. It's good for say a rogue or CW who my slot vorpal, for GF? Garbage stack to focus on. Great guide that has all that math stuff you love here:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?340162-GF-Statistical-Data-(Avoiding-Diminishing-Returns)
    He says its bad past 1650, a figure i can generally average considering my timeless stacks uptime. The rest of my geat setup pretty much agrees with his guide.

Yea i need a bit more armor pen. But rather then paying 550k+ diamonds to change my stuff only to have to pay another 550k+ ocne I can afford higher rank enchants, im just gonna wait tell I can get rank 8/9 dark/eldricth on my pet, so I don't have to waste diamonds to get there.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Movement most certainly does NOT impact Gear Score.

Gear Score is the arithmetic sum of Attack/Healing and Protection, i.e. your offensive and defensive stats (sometimes with ratios applying) from gear on yourself and not pet. Also, some random feats affect these stats and therefore your GS. The most well known ones being Toughness heroic feat and GF's Reckless Attacker Conqueror paragon feat.

If you do not believe me, buy some cheap boots and swap in Utility Movement enchants (Rank 3 should be fine). Check your GS before and after.

Given you claim to have or almost have a 17k GS GF, and have had a PWE account for coming up to a year, it is further evidence of just how little GS means! :)

Note. I do not know if the new Utility enchants from Feywild affect GS. But I would both expect and hope not.

Sounds like a bug then, as movement is one of the most important stats when it comes to offense and defense.

And yea fey blessing dont add to GS. None of the purply named ones do.. So when I use my pvp set with full greater tenebrous , I lose quite a bit of GS.

And it's hardly just a "claim" since you can see the proof in the ss above. You can also verify my stats on the gateway (my handles the same as my username here).

GS means plenty. Just have to understand the intricacies of it. Plus it's helpful to see a players full gear in addition to his score to get a better idea (thus my more complete ss).

Surprised it's been nearly a year since I signed up for these forums.. Time flies.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    14.3k CW here.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    corpsemaker86corpsemaker86 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    as soon as I put this rank 9 dark enchant in my ring slot I will have 14k gear score. I think that's about as high as it gets for Trickster Rogues as I've found they naturally have the lowest gear scores of all. Theoretically its possible to go higher but at the cost of effectively making my character weaker. Even now, I can only get this high with mixing and matching 2 different tier 2 sets. with swash only my goes much lower

So 14k TR
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    axer128 wrote: »

And it's hardly just a "claim" since you can see the proof in the ss above. You can also verify my stats on the gateway (my handles the same as my username here).

/Facepalm

Are you going to be supplying your password as well? Because that is going to be the ONLY way anyone is going to be able to use the gateway to see it.

Personally, I agree with most of what you have been saying. But simple, easy, gaffs like this. Do little to help your credibility.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My 4 level 60 chars all have GS right around 10k, give or take 100 or 200 pts.

I have not run CN or MC with any char and I have no bought any L 60 gear from AH.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    as soon as I put this rank 9 dark enchant in my ring slot I will have 14k gear score. I think that's about as high as it gets for Trickster Rogues as I've found they naturally have the lowest gear scores of all. Theoretically its possible to go higher but at the cost of effectively making my character weaker. Even now, I can only get this high with mixing and matching 2 different tier 2 sets. with swash only my goes much lower

So 14k TR

Awesome :)
    I have a 14k TR as well. I've found that if I were to max out everything it could go to about 14.5k
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression