Install Arc
Options

About leaving a pvp match

13»

Comments

• Options
    jeepinjeepin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can't help but LOL at the OP. Seriously? If you spent more time worrying about actually doing your job in PvP instead of inspecting everyone's gear for Tenes you wouldn't get below 25%... Who the heck has time to sit there and inspect an opponents gear?

I'm in the fight to the end. I have had my whole team leave and been the only one left and done 1 on 1's against the other team. They even let me take a few points to slow the timer down and get some points myself.

Also, not all pre mades are good. Case in point... We have people in our guild that loathe PvP and don't do it. They aren't good at it, they only do it for the daily and occasionally, they will get together in a guild group and do it together for the daily. Gives an appearance of a premade, but they aren't. They've actually won matches because as soon as people saw them, they left. Never fought...

I think I've left maybe 3 or 4 times out of countless matches. And the only reason I left was because after 2 or 3 others left, the other team started jumping up to the spawn point and griefing (or trying to) or were just complete d-bags.

One thing I am COMPLETELY against is griefing. No matter who's team it is. It's a classless act that shows totally poor sportsmanship. And completely unnecessary. There is no need to camp a spawn point waiting for them to appear. There is absolutely no reason to have an entire team waiting at the bottom of the spawn area for them to jump down and gang rush them. If they come down and attack you in a neutral area, then so be it. Fair game. But if they are spawning and dropping down and you camp them for the kills, shows 0 class. And I guarantee you, given the chance 1 on 1, youd probably get your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> kicked. Complete cowardly act. ::rant off::
  • Options
    throughwallthroughwall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited September 2013
    lol same reasons
    Sunshine - Trickster Rogue
    Gladiator - Control Wizard
    Death - Great Weapon Fighter
    High Priestess - Devoted Cleric
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Best way to kill dpvp with premade:)
    First step pick 1 char from the enemy team and all 5 player only job is to kill him after 15 death and 0 point - 1 ppl and you win the mach .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Here's the worst aspect of leavers.

We purposefully ran 2-3 man partial premades today just so we could be in some matches where no one left and it was a close score. We went 6-1 or 7-1. In nearly every match, even when it was close (within less than 100 points), there were leavers.

Now that's just weak. Fortunately, we had some good duels.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    rando12467rando12467 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If somebody leaves I may leave.
    If somebody AFK I may leave.
    If somebody cheats I may leave.

I think these are the only legitimate reasons for leaving.

Most online games have penalties for leaving pvp. It will be fair for the early leavers to take an one hour break from queing again.
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    rando12467 wrote: »
    If somebody leaves I may leave.
    If somebody AFK I may leave.
    If somebody cheats I may leave.

I think these are the only legitimate reasons for leaving.

Most online games have penalties for leaving pvp. It will be fair for the early leavers to take an one hour break from queing again.

tsk tsk tsk Accuse people of cheating with no proof. tsk tsk tsk.
    Again, nobody other than Cryptic can prove anything. It is their games and their jobs to detect such things.

Such macros can certainly be used on other classes but they don't seem to have that many benefits to keep changing skills. Maybe that's the reason they don't seem to be find changing skills frequently and rapidly.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    rando12467rando12467 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    tsk tsk tsk Accuse people of cheating with no proof. tsk tsk tsk.

What contribution has your post added to this discussion of leaving during a pvp game?

As it stands now, nobody needs to have any reason to leave a pvp match because the real reason is nobody wants to stay to the end of a losing game because there is no penalty for leaving. Obviously this won't be fun to most players and eventually the only ones left are those who just want to stand there to get the daily AD.
  • Options
    xmachinaxmachina Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2013
    2 bots in every PVP match under level 50 beholder, perfect reason to leave.
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    xmachina wrote: »
    2 bots in every PVP match under level 50 beholder, perfect reason to leave.

About every three or four games I notice a pair of TR bots, and I see them more often in GG.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    What contribution has your post added to this discussion of leaving during a pvp game?

As it stands now, nobody needs to have any reason to leave a pvp match because the real reason is nobody wants to stay to the end of a losing game because there is no penalty for leaving. Obviously this won't be fun to most players and eventually the only ones left are those who just want to stand there to get the daily AD.

None, I just do not like accusations being made against other players with no proof. You making accusations with no proof does not contribute anything as well. The other two reasons you listed can be solved with the below solution.

Subject of the thread:
    I'll repeat a solution that could work because it is reasonable.

Fix:
    1. Penalty for leaving.
    2. AFK players or players hiding in spawn are kicked from PVP completely and hit with the penalty for leaving.
    3. PVP match counting toward the Daily reward based on amount of points earned like Glory. (Optional and the minimum should be 300 which is one point being capped.)

Tera does this already and the penalty is a 14 minute ban from queuing for anything. This means the player with the penalty can not queue for PVP or a dungeon for 14 minutes. Rather simple penalty that would keep players like the OP from queuing for and leaving 22 matches in a day. It will handle the issues of leavers and hiding/afk in spawn. Some players want no penalty and some a very harsh one so a 14 minute one is reasonable.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It seems the devs have no understanding of psychology and what makes an enjoyable playing experience, that's why their system sucks. It sort of reminds me of the D3 fiasco and how they didn't understand the very basics of what triggers the pleasure centers in our brains (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5270834615). A system like NW's PvP which offers more frustration than pleasure is guaranteed to fail, this is why so many people have left the game or at least don't play PvP anymore unless they're with guildmates.

It's really very simple: people will not enjoy themselves long-term if 1) the game is unfair to them or 2) the players are given the right to **** each other over without the fear of being punished (leaving is one such example of this). The only way to keep order is to enforce rules and have a justice system, same as real life. The only way we can live in a society without feeling too fearful about coming out of the house is because we know most people don't want to be fined or go to prison, so they'll be careful.

There is no reason not to punish PvP leavers. There are all the reasons in the world to punish the leavers. If the devs understand this and still don't act, it's by sheer laziness. It should be THE top priority right now, along with making a couple new PvP maps.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    It seems the devs have no understanding of psychology and what makes an enjoyable playing experience, that's why their system sucks. It sort of reminds me of the D3 fiasco and how they didn't understand the very basics of what triggers the pleasure centers in our brains (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5270834615). A system like NW's PvP which offers more frustration than pleasure is guaranteed to fail, this is why so many people have left the game or at least don't play PvP anymore unless they're with guildmates.

It's really very simple: people will not enjoy themselves long-term if 1) the game is unfair to them or 2) the players are given the right to **** each other over without the fear of being punished (leaving is one such example of this). The only way to keep order is to enforce rules and have a justice system, same as real life. The only way we can live in a society without feeling too fearful about coming out of the house is because we know most people don't want to be fined or go to prison, so they'll be careful.

There is no reason not to punish PvP leavers. There are all the reasons in the world to punish the leavers. If the devs understand this and still don't act, it's by sheer laziness. It should be THE top priority right now, along with making a couple new PvP maps.

Great post and glad I said no to D3.