test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Highest Pvp Icy Rays I have seen?

xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in The Library
The title speaks for itself.

Nearly fell off my chair when this happened. And Rightly so.

mvrehy.jpg

Can you beat it? Pvp only. I am not interested in seeing your Dracolich Max HV Stack goodies..

I understand the picture is a little blury. Here is the URL link:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=mvrehy&s=5#.UkA4uoZHJ8E
Desidus@Xtraordinary91
19.9k PvP Control Wizard
<Complaints Department>
Post edited by xtraordinary91 on

Comments

• fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That's what a Perfect Vorpal + full Dark R8s + HV gets you!
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    That's what a Perfect Vorpal + full Dark R8s + HV gets you!

AKA, Moneyshot.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • khalibuskhalibus Member Posts: 99
    edited September 2013
    Thank you for posting this! I mentioned in a post 6 weeks back or so that I had been hit for 32k with icy rays and it resulted in 2 or 3 pages of people calling me a liar! Glad someone finally came up with a screenshot! Nice crit!
  • nevets6169nevets6169 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    post more and wait for nerf
    and not all CW are as rich as him, that can afford Perfect Vorpal + full Dark R8s
  • nakzernakzer Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yep.. this is not about skill and it is not about gear.... this is about how big can you can get your enchants to.. nothing to see here...
  • xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    AKA, Moneyshot.

nakzer wrote: »
    Yep.. this is not about skill and it is not about gear.... this is about how big can you can get your enchants to.. nothing to see here...

^To those two I will simply state: Not everyone who has high enchants / endgame gear has paid hundreds of dollars for them. It is ridiculously easy to make AD in this game with a solid group. All you need to do is Farm CN for Ancient gear and sell it on the Market. Let alone Running DD and farming PvE content for Shards.

All the Shards you don't need? Trade them for Vorpal. Do some research into how easy this games PvE content is to farm before you throw accusations around.
    khalibus wrote: »
    Thank you for posting this! I mentioned in a post 6 weeks back or so that I had been hit for 32k with icy rays and it resulted in 2 or 3 pages of people calling me a liar! Glad someone finally came up with a screenshot! Nice crit!

Thanks man! I was really surprised when I saw it. Normally see around the 19-23k sort of mark. I actually felt sorry for the poor guy.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've done some 40k crit ice knives on rogues, wizards or clerics. Quite funny in pvp. I'm sure i could one-shot tanks if i weren't focusing on just freezing them. :p

Just saying CWs can do high spike damage but aren't doing it every 15s like TRs.
  • aklqop1aklqop1 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Pretty impressive, altough if I'm not mistaken, 2.0 multiplier seems to indicate at least one debuff from another player (or bugged HV stacks), especially since RoE is not in mastery slot. Also perfect vorpal if done solely through shards is 256 shards and 85 coalescent wards, that's a pretty significant investment of time (or money) to get something like that.
    edited September 2013
    ^To those two I will simply state: Not everyone who has high enchants / endgame gear has paid hundreds of dollars for them. It is ridiculously easy to make AD in this game with a solid group. All you need to do is Farm CN for Ancient gear and sell it on the Market. Let alone Running DD and farming PvE content for Shards.

All the Shards you don't need? Trade them for Vorpal. Do some research into how easy this games PvE content is to farm before you throw accusations around.

Thanks man! I was really surprised when I saw it. Normally see around the 19-23k sort of mark. I actually felt sorry for the poor guy.

Im absoluted delighted and amused while reading this because the only person here that made mention of Rl money usage or Ad making or whatever is YOU... nobody else here noted that the feat was some sort of money related issue....only and issue high rank dark enchantments stacking and not really a shocking or "skilled" feat to accomplish...
    Making your post absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for...
  • khalibuskhalibus Member Posts: 99
    edited September 2013
    Im absoluted delighted and amused while reading this because the only person here that made mention of Rl money usage or Ad making or whatever is YOU... nobody else here noted that the feat was some sort of money related issue....only and issue high rank dark enchantments stacking and not really a shocking or "skilled" feat to accomplish...

Not entirely true, someone called it a "moneyshot". Maybe an unintended association, probably not.
    edited September 2013

Im absolutely delighted and amused at your apparent lack of reading.

Please point to my original post where I claimed the crit was skill based or hard to achieve? I think you will find that I was quite surprised.

If you want to troll go right ahead. At least get it right next time.
    aklqop1 wrote: »
    Pretty impressive, altough if I'm not mistaken, 2.0 multiplier seems to indicate at least one debuff from another player (or bugged HV stacks), especially since RoE is not in mastery slot. Also perfect vorpal if done solely through shards is 256 shards and 85 coalescent wards, that's a pretty significant investment of time (or money) to get something like that.

I believe another Cw may have used EF with HV slotted. Not sure on his other amount of CC. Either way I am still impressed. I would certainly hope I would not crit or be crit by that on a regular occasion. That would be broken.

In regards to the shards - I am not saying just purely farm the shards, I am saying that by farming PvE content you can monopolise on the AH and pick up the lessers / normals / shards you need with the AD you make from your PvE. The same can be done with Wards.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
    edited September 2013
    You are posting this to get acknowledged on a feat that is far from deserving of any acknowledgement or praise of any kind...you want to be seen when..if you put a lil effort on reading my previous post... there is absolutely nothing to see here...this is just an issue of "look at me!!" and forum space waste...If you want to show something off.... at least make it worthwhile champ...
    edited September 2013
    You are posting this to get acknowledged on a feat that is far from deserving of any acknowledgement or praise of any kind...you want to be seen when..if you put a lil effort on reading my previous post... there is absolutely nothing to see here...this is just an issue of "look at me!!" and forum space waste...If you want to show something off.... at least make it worthwhile champ...

Your analysis is incorrect.

I wanted to see if anyone was pulling similar numbers. Or infact, had managed to pull a similar number at all. As someone who likes to min max characters I can see nothing wrong with this.

If anything your constant need for attention with your childish posts prove to be more of a "look at me!!! I know stuff" waste of everyones time. Do yourself and everyone else and favour.

Crawl back under your rock.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I think we should have a thread for highest damage done. The original post would contain the list of people with damages and players can post theirs along this format:

Player name:
    Class:
    Damage:
    Skill used:
    Screenshot:

Let's try to beat each other :)

Also: Do not feed the trolls
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
    edited September 2013
    fakatik wrote: »
    I think we should have a thread for highest damage done. The original post would contain the list of people with damages and players can post theirs along this format:

Player name:
    Class:
    Damage:
    Skill used:
    Screenshot:

Let's try to beat each other :)

Also: Do not feed the trolls

Thats a brilliant Idea!

If we could add one more Clarification to it:

Player name:
    Class:
    Damage:
    Skill used:
    Pvp/Pve:
    Screenshot:
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
    edited September 2013
    khalibus wrote: »
    Not entirely true, someone called it a "moneyshot". Maybe an unintended association, probably not.

Man, if you don't know what 'moneyshot' slang stands for, then you should look it up.
    ...Do some research into how easy this games PvE content is to farm before you throw accusations around.

I wouldn't care less if you had paid thousands of dollars to purchase anything you like. How am I accusing you of anything.

If your intention, as you say was to compare numbers, then yes, I get tabbed IR under EOTS with full chill stacks almost in the same range of damage. I guess Lesser Vorpal to Perfect Vorpal makes up for the extra thousands of damage I am missing.
    edited September 2013
    Man, if you don't know what 'moneyshot' slang stands for, then you should look it up.

I wouldn't care less if you had paid thousands of dollars to purchase anything you like. How am I accusing you of anything.

If your intention, as you say was to compare numbers, then yes, I get tabbed IR under EOTS with full chill stacks almost in the same range of damage. I guess Lesser Vorpal to Perfect Vorpal makes up for the extra thousands of damage I am missing.

That was more for Nakzers benefit. I apologize for lumping you into the same category.

You should consider Storm Spell instead of CP. More overall damage procs whilst using RoF. And Storm spell can crit like a truck.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
    edited September 2013
    I am running Storm spell over Chilling Presence since I run as Oppressor (and EoTS is THAT good). RoF does proc all of the bonues much much more than any other at-will. So Spell Storm makes up for 1/3 of my damage most of the times.

I was referring to the Chill stacks due to Blighting Power and Bitter Cold. The number of Chill stacks had nothing do with the damage output, sorry for the confusion.
  • astronaxastronax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You should consider Storm Spell instead of CP. More overall damage procs whilst using RoF. And Storm spell can crit like a truck.

This^ is just math, and one does not simply argue with math

06a212adb6b2.jpg

I don't recall exact person, but it cleraly was some skilled CW i was trying to convince to drop CP and give SS a try (few weeks ago)... If it was you, Des, i'm glad u came to the right decision ;)

@ all the people, who call this crit "moneyshot" or whatever: turn ON your brain, guys! In the same given situation, if he had ZERO (0) arpen, and blank weapon, without enchantment, those 34k would be 26.4k (vorpal helps, ofc, but still its not the point)
    Its all about HV stacks (+ RoE, ofc, but mainly HV). HV can drop defense into negatives, thus actually turning defense damage res. bonus into severe debuff. If u take a look at this: https://www.desmos.com/calculator/3dqpvhuavj, u'll notice defense is a hyperbolic function.
    Lets take myself, for example, affected by 3 stacks of HV: i have 550 defense, with 3 stacks on me i have -800 defense, which means +47% damage amplification. I have 17 AC - that means 3.5% bonus dmg res. Debuff me with RoE on top of that and i'll end with 58.5% damage amplification debuff. So, as a result, normal 10k Icy Rays crit will hit me for 15850 damage. Arpen has nothing to do with this. At all. It allows u to ignore damage resistanse, if target has some - it doesnt go below zero. If u hit a target with dmg res. <0 it does, literally, nothing.

P.S.
    Still, despite my low defense, highest IR crit i recieved was, i believe, 12k. Highest IK was around 27k. Which seems kinda low and weired.
    edited September 2013
    I guess we can just ask the OP to tell us about if his gear is HV. Assumptions are the bane of maths.

Also, you should look up what a 'moneyshot' is.

Hint, it has nothing to do with money.
    edited September 2013
    I guess we can just ask the OP to tell us about if his gear is HV. Assumptions are the bane of maths.

I am wearing Full HV yes. However, looking at other gear sets / make ups depending on balancing nerf inc and what happens to it.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    aklqop1 wrote: »

Most people that grab perf Vorps dont make them, they buy them at perfect level for 10m or less on the AH. Every once in a while someone throws one up there for 10m, I have seen as low as 8m. You can typically sell a greater vorp for what 3mil+?

So scrap together another 5 and your in the range of getting one... its impressive but this game has been out a long time now, combine that with the fact the general market was shot forward through all the dungeon farming exploits early on and im actually surprised more people dont have greaters or better.

I have been playing since open beta and have seen alot of things now. I know a large handful of people that have gotten perfect enchants without putting $1 into this game. I also know others that have put money into this game to get that perfect enchant.

But dont be mistaken, it CAN be done without pulling out that CC. Same with tenes...
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Look for yourself LOL

http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(Desidus@xtraordinary91)/charactersheet

Id like to also point out that he is not running glass canon build. So to those that suggest hes got no defensive qualities to do this, he has 1300 regen and around 30k HP+ (changes depending on gear setup)
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Look for yourself LOL

http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/#char(Desidus@xtraordinary91)/charactersheet

Id like to also point out that he is not running glass canon build. So to those that suggest hes got no defensive qualities to do this, he has 1300 regen and around 30k HP+ (changes depending on gear setup)

Desidus is an amazing CW. One of the best on the server, if not the best. He does run tanky-regen gear, but I believe he has another set? Switches it out as needed.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
    edited September 2013
    Desidus is an amazing CW. One of the best on the server, if not the best. He does run tanky-regen gear, but I believe he has another set? Switches it out as needed.

Thanks Trace! You are definitely one of the better Cws on Mindflayer!

I actually have one set, but two sets of rings and belt. Depending on the situaton / class make up for Pvp rings and belt are swapped out to suit.

If more survivability is required equipping 2 x Greater Rings of Health with Radiant 9s slotted and thickgristle belt with R9 Radiant slotted jumps my Hp from 27.6k to just under 33k. It is possible to push a little more, but that requires dropping High Viz and the regen that sits on there. Plus the debuff from High Viz is kicker.

I can push over 36k Hp at the loss of High Vizier whilst retaining 1400 Regen - Regen ticks during soulforged at this state are around the 1800 sort of mark.

But that is only if I know I am righint against a Tenebrous Sent Gwf. I hit like a wet Noodle, but that stat composition and build there is designed to keep him off a point and allow myself to cap it in a Pm v Pm environment. (Kudos to Trace for inspiring me to develop on your Cw v Gwf idea a little bit more :) )

Ofcourse, slotting defensive rings and into the other Hp / regen gear I have available for those occasions makes your dps take a massive hit.

For Non tenebrous Sent Gwfs you can retain High Viz + Those Rings and thickgristle and still burst them down if need be - The stars need to align with EtoS procs with an Ice Knife + chill Strike + Icy rays, but you can do it.

As for the original Picture, that was with my Dps gear slotted.

Food for thought for fellow cws: Consider moving from an Int/Cha or an Int/Wiz build to Int / Con. I have been using it for the last three weeks and barely noticed a Dps drop, whilst survivability has increased (23.8k hp in G-cannon gear) to 27.8k hp in G-cannnon build. It also increases Stamina.

With Eots the way it is now, we don't really need to stack crit as much any more.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
    edited September 2013
    Thanks Trace! You are definitely one of the better Cws on Mindflayer!

For Non tenebrous Sent Gwfs you can retain High Viz + Those Rings and thickgristle and still burst them down if need be - The stars need to align with EtoS procs with an Ice Knife + chill Strike + Icy rays, but you can do it.

As for the original Picture, that was with my Dps gear slotted.

Food for thought for fellow cws: Consider moving from an Int/Cha or an Int/Wiz build to Int / Con. I have been using it for the last three weeks and barely noticed a Dps drop, whilst survivability has increased (23.8k hp in G-cannon gear) to 27.8k hp in G-cannnon build. It also increases Stamina.

With Eots the way it is now, we don't really need to stack crit as much any more.

Still working on my Perfect Vorpal. It will be awhile. Like you, I spend a lot of time PVPing and little time with PVE. I'm also F2P. If you know any donors of three Greater Vorpals, it would be much appreciated!

Questions and thoughts:

1) Oppressive Force over Ice Knife on regen Sentinels? I've been using it frequently and it not only seems to do more damage, but stacks debuffs much higher. I had a chance to duel against two regen Sents today (Chainy and Taigow) and won 1v1 (though both took a while to burn down, maybe 5-7 minutes). And that with only a Greater Vorpal.

2) I've tried respecing to INT/CON on the test shard. Strangely, I only saw a difference of 1k HP. Most likely I could pass 30k HP with the gear you mentioned and still keep INT/CHA. Also, the extra crit chance is nice with INT/CHA. I noticed a significant drop in my crit rate when I respeced INT/CON.

3) Tenebrous Sentinels are my biggest challenge. I can see how the extra HP & regen would be amazing. They can burn down CWs very quickly. Heimdall owned me the other night, though I did manage to cap the point a few times.

4) I've been running a lot with Shield on tab. Some CWs swear against it and think it is waste of Spell Mastery. I absolutely love it, especially against TRs, which are a CWs bane. My ability to survive has jumped amazingly, and I can hold points against more challenging GWFs. I am a Renegade, however, and not an Oppressor, so I have slightly more crit strength with Combat Advantage, and slightly more debuff with my Magic Missiles

A final thought: I would like to see Zac 1v1 vs a Regen Sent. He does so much damage that I'm curious how quickly he can burn one down. Will have to ask him in game sometime. He's also a Renegade but doesn't have Severe Reaction (which I do), making him a little less dodgy.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited September 2013
    Still working on my Perfect Vorpal. It will be awhile. Like you, I spend a lot of time PVPing and little time with PVE. I'm also F2P. If you know any donors of three Greater Vorpals, it would be much appreciated!

Questions and thoughts:

1) Oppressive Force over Ice Knife on regen Sentinels? I've been using it frequently and it not only seems to do more damage, but stacks debuffs much higher. I had a chance to duel against two regen Sents today (Chainy and Taigow) and won 1v1 (though both took a while to burn down, maybe 5-7 minutes). And that with only a Greater Vorpal.

2) I've tried respecing to INT/CON on the test shard. Strangely, I only saw a difference of 1k HP. Most likely I could pass 30k HP with the gear you mentioned and still keep INT/CHA. Also, the extra crit chance is nice with INT/CHA. I noticed a significant drop in my crit rate when I respeced INT/CON.

3) Tenebrous Sentinels are my biggest challenge. I can see how the extra HP & regen would be amazing. They can burn down CWs very quickly. Heimdall owned me the other night, though I did manage to cap the point a few times.

4) I've been running a lot with Shield on tab. Some CWs swear against it and think it is waste of Spell Mastery. I absolutely love it, especially against TRs, which are a CWs bane. My ability to survive has jumped amazingly, and I can hold points against more challenging GWFs. I am a Renegade, however, and not an Oppressor, so I have slightly more crit strength with Combat Advantage, and slightly more debuff with my Magic Missiles

A final thought: I would like to see Zac 1v1 vs a Regen Sent. He does so much damage that I'm curious how quickly he can burn one down. Will have to ask him in game sometime. He's also a Renegade and but doesn't have Severe Reaction (which I do), making him a little less dodgy.

1) I have not played around with OF in PvP much tbh. I will have to do some testing and see how I like it. It could be extremely comparable against Tene Sent Gwfs depending on how much burst time you can get through. IK is just attractive because of spike in damage followed by 2 second prone.

2) I saw a difference in 3k hp, combined with toughness when specced Int / Con, Crit does bail down really low though, and more than ever you rely on EoTs to proc. I did notice a slight increase in the amount of Stamina I have. I got the last boon last night (+10% stamina regen in combat). I dont quite have 4 teleports. - I.e Combat initiates, you port, 10% regen starts and can port another 3 times. But I have found that as long as you arent spamming the teleport function straight away you can usually push 4 teleports with the regen % with careful management. Severe Reaction combined with this makes kiting extremely laughable.

3)I think Tenebrous Sents are everyones biggest challenge, even more so if they are rocking Plaguefire. Agains't sent regens it is usually just a matter of time before they can burn you down. Usually if on vent / voice chat careful management with your Rogue will ensure that you can down them. - Tenes make you play so much more defensive then against Sent Gwfs without them.

4) I tested Shield on tab with my regen build and liked it, It actually makes a difference to how long you stick around with Sent Gwfs, but burst and dps capacity dropped something massive.

I am actually an Mix Thauma / Oppressor spec now I really wish we had another 4 points to play with and my spec would be the absolute best it could be.

In my experience it all depends on how good the Regen sent is. Some of them you can burn down extremely quickly. A well geared Sent Gwf who runs Roar, will dominate us 8/10 times though. Roar is bane of my existence, more than SE, more than LB.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

HV gear, playing with another HV CW, lucky HV stacking+maybe other debuffs, Perfect Vorpal-->Nasty things happen to the opponents :)

Anyway, nice numbers, tired to only see TR topics for big crits, CWs deserve at least one topic as well.
    edited September 2013
    4) I tested Shield on tab with my regen build and liked it, It actually makes a difference to how long you stick around with Sent Gwfs, but burst and dps capacity dropped something massive.

As a mixed Oppressor spec, I can understand about the strong drop in burst damage. Let me through you some basic numbers with the Renegade spec I run. Let's say I'm running my usual rotation of Shield on Tab, RoE, EF, and Repel. Keep in mind Magic Missiles for Renegades have a small chance (around 11%) to act like another RoE, reducing damage mitigation by 15%.

To make the math easy, we'll say said Sentinel has 32% damage resistance, and I run with ArP at 17%. By the way, please correct me if this math is incorrect.

1) EF, -450 to Def
    2) RoE -15% (along with -17% ArP) brings Sent to 0%
    3) Repel, another -450 Def
    4) If I'm lucky, MMissle debuffs for another -15%, bringing the Sent into negatives of mitigation.
    5) Since I'm node fighting, Reapers Touch feat comes into play, along with Tempest Magic if I can burn down my opponent, making my Magic Missiles do some nasty damage.
    6) If my Daily comes up, I pop Oppressive Force, adding another four stacks of debuff.

Anyway, that all being said I still find it very viable to burn down a Sent 1v1 and still keep Shield on Tab. I really, really want a Perfect Vorpal. If I can take out a regen Sent from time to time with my Greater, all the quicker with the better enchant.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • meridiamcoremeridiamcore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Naga Sweet