test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About leaving a pvp match

Comments

• degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Rare for me to leave a match. Here are my reasons:

1) We queue a premade and one randomly drops (happens all the time).
    2) Extreme spawn camping (Smoke Bombs when you rez is what I mean).

That's about it.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Sometimes, yes. Two CWs with HV popping Oppressive Force can cut through them pretty quick. Tenebrous is just crazy OP, but you learn and adapt.

u joking right 2 cws hv poping Oppressive Force can cut through them pretty quick? u must be joking. plz stop making those who acutlly know what PVP is and have a brain ( like myself ) to laugh so hard.
    when u need 2 team member to pop 2 daily at the same time that is already a lost for ur team, it need them to be there if they are not dead or cc, and they need to have daily up, how long would it take for that gwf to run back even if u actually manage to kill him? Stop the nonsense and post something actually helpful plz...
    There is nothing u can do to a GWF like that except sending one TR or GWF to counter play simply stop him from getting point,some cw works at this cast if he is good. It is broken as hack, everyone knows it, why do u think there are so many people building it instead of a Greater ten DC? becuase A Greater Ten stack GWF is just better and it <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> work, in a broken way.
  • fur123fur123 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I read all these posts and have few questions: what would happen if game crushes (happening very often) and u get kicked and get penalty, without your fault? would u feel better?
    What if u have lagg? penalty? This game is full of bugs, crushes and laggs. It is stupid to punish ppl for that. It is sole punishment to play under those conditions.
    I never left pvp match and not planning to. If someone in party is weaker, that doesnt mean that he dont deserve to play. I was one of them once and that was, mostly, only way to get some epic gear... we all had to start somewhere and, since patch, things got far worse coz lots of stuff become bound and prices on ah went sky high.
    If u want to win more, ask your guildies to go with you, and stop going in random party.
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    drscone wrote: »
    In a game yesterday we had a ragequitter after about a minute, maybe 2. We didn't have a great start, lost mid and got crushed when we made our first counter offensive. "Do you kfkdhfkhkfhkxjhf's know what you're doing???" were his last words... Resigned to a 4v5 humping we all carried on anyway.

True story, we done wonned :)))

For some reason we really gelled, got it together and kept it together. Apparently we did know what we were doing... The moral of this story is Never Give Up, Never Surrender.

This. Some people think that it is impossible to win 4 v.s 5, or to some back from a 500 point lead. The truth is it's totally possible, but you will never know if you give up and quit first.
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    This. Some people think that it is impossible to win 4 v.s 5, or to some back from a 500 point lead. The truth is it's totally possible, but you will never know if you give up and quit first.

It can be easily done if the other team falls for some simple tricks like separating them. I start heading to the point near their spawn and capping it just as a distraction. If the other team notices they send one or two players back after me and I just have to survive long enough to give my team a chance or I finish capping the point and my team earns points if the other team does not notice.

This only occurs if you have team members who are fully geared, ie does not have green gear and very little blue gear. If my team wins I send a message to the leaver saying "Gee thanks for all the help. WE WON!".
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    u joking right 2 cws hv poping Oppressive Force can cut through them pretty quick? u must be joking. plz stop making those who acutlly know what PVP is and have a brain ( like myself ) to laugh so hard.
    when u need 2 team member to pop 2 daily at the same time that is already a lost for ur team, it need them to be there if they are not dead or cc, and they need to have daily up, how long would it take for that gwf to run back even if u actually manage to kill him? Stop the nonsense and post something actually helpful plz...
    There is nothing u can do to a GWF like that except sending one TR or GWF to counter play simply stop him from getting point,some cw works at this cast if he is good. It is broken as hack, everyone knows it, why do u think there are so many people building it instead of a Greater ten DC? becuase A Greater Ten stack GWF is just better and it <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> work, in a broken way.

Please use that brain you speak of for punctuation, spelling and grammar. It's tough for kids sometimes, but I know you have it in you.

PS: I solo contest points all the time against Regen-Sents GWFs as a CW.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think that the problem is part due to people being spoiled brats/ nerdragers, and part is due to bad design.

First case:

- 1 guy rush to the centre even if his team is all going to home base, gets swarmed, nerdrages and starts insulting his team mates like "where the **** are you all1!!!!!!1111!", repeat 2-3 times, then leave

- your team has some low GS people. The "elitist" nerd leaves without even trying to fight

- your team get wiped or you're losing and the spoiled kid leaves cause he can't win, even if your team can fight and get some points/ kill some enemies

bad design:

- Game does not discriminate between pugs and premade

- Game does not auto-balance teams at the start, based at least on gear score

- If one team is dominating like 300-11 the game should scramble teams to find a better balance

- there's no penalty for leaving

Personally, if i see that i'm 1 or 2 vs 5 people, and all you get by stepping out of your starting point is a fast swarmkill, then i just don't move from campfire. Simply cause going down to get swarmed and insta killed, then repeat, is plain stupid, not brave or cool. it's a game flaw that does nothing to prevent matches so unbalanced that one team has not even a chance to fight.
    If it happens during the PvP event, i don't wait and quit. Cause it's a waste of time if i don't do it for the daily. Again, this case is a clear game flaw.

Other than that, even if we lose badly, even if we're 3v5, even if my mount is slow (armored boar), i try to circle enemies, cap points, avoid them and then try to find one lone guy. If i see i've even a slight chance of capping a point or get a kill, i keep playing. Else, it falls into the above situation and i either wait to camp fire or quit.

Cryptic should really put up some stuff to balance every game. Cause, as said, most quits happens when a match is largely unbalanced. plus, put some punishment for early quitters/ players who quit when the match is still open. Cause some matches become unbalanced when some raging nerd or spoiled kid leaves early.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    irk2013 wrote: »
    2.) An auto-boot for anyone who spends more than 30 seconds in the spawn zone

The reason this will not happen is because of spawn camping forcing people to die is well stupid.

You Q'd for pvp, why should you get to sit in your spawn? Lol and what do you lose by dieing, even 100 times it makes no difference.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • andrewxyandrewxy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    +1 for penalty for quitters
  • nakzernakzer Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The best thing about this post is that any sort of Penalty on pvp is NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN... and that makes me very happy ^^
  • manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    nakzer wrote: »
    The best thing about this post is that any sort of Penalty on pvp is NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN... and that makes me very happy ^^

You precognitive? Care to tell me who's going to win the Superbowl this year, and by how much?
  • rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The op is the reason why cryptic need to address leavers in the game.

As this person shouldn't be in pvp period and stick to pve where they can handle scripted mobs.

As for a solution
    Report button for leavers.
    Once the said person has done it enough times maybe 5/10 times in different matches then they are blocked from pvp for lengthy amount of time
    You can only report people who have actually left the match, so 4 guildies reporting the one pug member won't be a mark against them unless they left.
    A maximum timer for sitting in your base, so it stops afk'ers instead of leavers, after duration ends, they are kicked outside of their base.

Yes those who disconect will always be a problem, but those who leave matches and ruin it for both sides are far greater in numbers than those who disconect.

Those who quit are the lowest of the low, because those of us who are true pvper's, geared or not will always stay, even it's 1v5 and still fight.
  • mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Why do people leave.
    Leaving
    1) They want to leave. Then they leave. They are losing or something bothers them. Maybe the other side is exploiting or power gaming a lot.
    2) The server disconnects them. Either there is a bad connection, or they got bumped somehow...
    3) They are part of a guild or group which logs in at the same time. The objective is get five people a team to sign up.
    People who get logged on the opposite side leave. It makes it easier for the team to win. Sometimes the objective is to get
    team versus two or three select opponents.
    The ability to preselect a team would make this happen less. Also the ability to have preplanned matches would help a bit.
    4) Sometimes lag happens while they are in the arena or the connection is bad. Their toon can't function well. They leave.
    5) The team leader bumps them. Have never had this happen yet to me. It would be nice to see if team leaders are purposefully bumping in the arena. It is a function under the leader options.

Doing Nothing, staying in the start zone.
    1) They just want to get their daily and the Glory points don't matter.
    1A) The match is 500 to 20 and they are losing but they want their daily AD.
    2) The opposing team is better than them and it is obvious.
    3) They are a bot collecting daily AD.
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I dislike players who quit on either side. But especially mine. So after much searching of the forums and various peeks at the game code, I believe I have found an almost completely foolproof way to make sure nobody on your team quits. This is barring the rare disconnect, that is.

Are you taking notes?

Form a premade yourself, either with real life friends, in game friends, or even that weird thing called a guild. And if even THEY quit on you, well, then, be more picky on who you befriend or guild with.

Can't stop the other team from quitting yet, but you **** sure can take care of it on your end. And building that premade also solves other issues:

- Don't HAVE to play with players who have crappy GS.
    - You can make sure everyone communicates properly and doesn't ignore their mic.
    - You can make sure your party has all the classes you feel are overpowered.
    - You can make sure that your party is fitted with the newest FotM enchant combo.
    - And if you start to lose, you can all quit together!
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • hwlrmnkyhwlrmnky Member Posts: 90
    edited September 2013
    irk2013 wrote: »
    This is my promise and I hope others follow my example until Cryptic fixes their game.

1: I see a Sent GWF with stacked Tene enchants I leave (this right here is the biggest reason I have seen 1 Sent GWF take on 4 and keep them occupied until the rest show up this spec is the most OP spec in the game and needs a serious nerf).
    2: I see a Pre-made I leave
    3: If ANYONE leaves I leave
    4: If we start to lose by more than 25% I leave
    5: If there are more then 2 GF's on a single team and they have tene enchants I leave
    6: If there are 3 of any class on any given team I leave

By extrapolation, this reads like a recipe for an unfulfilling real life of bitterness and career failure. Be careful out there; we are the sum of our choices.
  • mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I rather like randomness, unpredictability and challenges in a game. Not everyone does. Having a premade setup would be good for some people. Having the random option still is good too. It should be a choice.
  • ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    You are 100% correct the devs really need to fix their game. The devs really need to fix their game by adding a penalty like Tera for leavers. Leavers/dropouts are banned from queuing for pvp and dungeons for 14 minutes if they leave one. That means you would have been prevented for queuing for five hour today for leaving 22 times. You are just a selfish individual that ruins it for everyone else. Nice job on providing a good example why this game requires a penalty, even a 14 minute one, for leaving during a pvp match. Thank you.

I Agree 95% with OP, I leave under many of his conditions. Why should be forced to endure something that is broken to begin with. Fix queue options for hardcore pvp dbaggs and casual pvpers going for the daily. And as far as penalizing leavers they would have to fix the actual queues, i've been put in dungeons and pvp matches that were broken and had to be left. There are many things that can be done to make this an enjoyable game for most people if the devs wanted to make a good game. None of which involve punishing players you don't like. Unfortunately, the devs seem as lazy or inept as you do.
    edited September 2013
    rragle wrote: »
    The op is the reason why cryptic need to address leavers in the game.

As this person shouldn't be in pvp period and stick to pve where they can handle scripted mobs.

As for a solution
    Report button for leavers.
    Once the said person has done it enough times maybe 5/10 times in different matches then they are blocked from pvp for lengthy amount of time
    You can only report people who have actually left the match, so 4 guildies reporting the one pug member won't be a mark against them unless they left.
    A maximum timer for sitting in your base, so it stops afk'ers instead of leavers, after duration ends, they are kicked outside of their base.

Yes those who disconect will always be a problem, but those who leave matches and ruin it for both sides are far greater in numbers than those who disconect.

Those who quit are the lowest of the low, because those of us who are true pvper's, geared or not will always stay, even it's 1v5 and still fight.

Someone needs to learn to cut their losses.
    edited September 2013
    The people who want to punish leavers for making pvp less fun seem blinded by their own rage. People don't quit because they are babies or whiners or because they can't win, They quit because playing against extremely overpowered opponents is in no way enjoyable. I'm sorry you think i'm ruining your fun, but realize you are ruining my fun. If you really enjoy beating on undergeared players go play football with 3rd graders, most likely you'll win. But i'm still not gonna be sucked into your game, when I see you coming I'm quitting every time. Even though I probably can beat you, I just enjoy hearing you complain.
    edited September 2013
    If the devs took the time to fix PvP you'd probably actually solve the quitting problem without alienating players.
    easiest suggestions:
    Multiple queues, Hardcore, Casual etc
    Stock gear PvP: everyone has the same class appropriate gear, Matches are playing skill based, not Gear or spec based.

These are standard pvp categories, with good reason. it seems like they never played a good pvp game before.
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited September 2013
    ott0maddux wrote: »
    If the devs took the time to fix PvP you'd probably actually solve the quitting problem without alienating players.
    easiest suggestions:
    Multiple queues, Hardcore, Casual etc
    Stock gear PvP: everyone has the same class appropriate gear, Matches are playing skill based, not Gear or spec based.

These are standard pvp categories, with good reason. it seems like they never played a good pvp game before.

wOw more option for the bot, and it still not going to solve the quitting problem does it, lol.
  • goldheartgoldheart Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There is one way to be fixed the problem very easy. If they remove the Daily quest for AD then there will go only ppl who want pvp - problem solved :D
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited September 2013
    goldheart wrote: »
    There is one way to be fixed the problem very easy. If they remove the Daily quest for AD then there will go only ppl who want pvp - problem solved :D

Enjoy waiting for hours on the Que just to PvP. ....

Next suggestion please.... LOL.
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Suggestion to fix the pvp once and for all: Whenever you queue you will be placed as Sentinel GWF with best gear and enchants into the pvp game so that 6 GWF fight against 6 GWF in the end. Then nobody can't complain anymore about undying GWFs.
    edited September 2013
    Ranking System +minimal points for finishing the game -negative points for abandoning the game +++point for winning the game...

Top 50-100 PVP weekly will receive AD. NO. 1 or top 10 will receive Ward or something.

You will see Pre-Made teams on PVP, now you either joined up or be left out. LOL.
    edited September 2013
    I agree that before punishing quitters/ base campers, it would be better to fix PvP.

The main problem about quit is when, for example, a match is clearly unbalanced, like you lose 1000/11. Cause these matches are like this: the losing team get out of spawn, gets facerolled almost instantly, and repeat. When teams are unorganized vs premades or much more strong/ organized pugs, you usually end up being alone vs 3-4-5 enemies, getting swarmed and insta killed.

now, forcing to go out of their base just to get swarmed by enemies, and killed without a chance to even fight, is plain stupid.

To avoid people quitting or camping in their base, you've to guarantee that you always have a chance to fight. You can lose, but you must always have a chance to fight.

This can be obtained with:

- a system that separates premades by pugs.

- a system that lets you join people during a match if someone gets dc

- a system that divides PvP by gear score, with no chance to switch equipment once you enter the arena

- a scramble system, like the TF2 system, that, at some point, if there's a big difference between 2 teams, just scramble them, taking 1 or 2 players from the winning team, may be the strongest, and moving them to the losing team, while the 2 worst players (by score/kills) from the losing team are moved to the winning team.

Do that, and then you can introduce penalties for quitters and base campers.

Else, if you introduce penalties first, without fixing anything, you just put players in a PvP system, like the actual one, that easily creates heavily one-sided situations, and then you force players to just endure it and get endlessly swarmed/ killed until the end of the match, or else they get punished. Not a good idea.
    edited September 2013
    Ranking System +minimal points for finishing the game -negative points for abandoning the game +++point for winning the game...

Top 50-100 PVP weekly will receive AD. NO. 1 or top 10 will receive Ward or something.

You will see Pre-Made teams on PVP, now you either joined up or be left out. LOL.

This way you just get people who already have high level get, and give them even more AD and advantages. You can already earn AD with PvP: every match you get honor. 5k around honor, you can get the best purple in PvP sets. You salvage it, you get 5k AD. 1 honor point is 1 AD this way. No need to give more ADs to already strong top players, so that they can easily increase their advantage.
    the aim should be to balance things, and to gradually let all lvl 60 players be around the same gear score.
    edited September 2013
    pando83 wrote: »
    This way you just get people who already have high level get, and give them even more AD and advantages. You can already earn AD with PvP: every match you get honor. 5k around honor, you can get the best purple in PvP sets. You salvage it, you get 5k AD. 1 honor point is 1 AD this way. No need to give more ADs to already strong top players, so that they can easily increase their advantage.
    the aim should be to balance things, and to gradually let all lvl 60 players be around the same gear score.

It's called return of investment, surely this is not the first MMO you played, once you invested something you expect to have an advantage either more defense more power, and MORE Bragging rights.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

That would need five Top 100s per class, because you can't reward a 20k gs GF for being 20k gs. He has to be rewarded for being the best among GFs with a similar potentail. So, 20k+, 17k-19k, 14k-16k, 11k-13j, 10k-.
    Then different Top 100s for the different classes, because you can't reward a TR just for being a TR. He has to be rewarded for being the best among TRs.

That's a ton of Top 100s to manage for the devs. And remember, those are the same devs who needed one month to fix an inventory sort feature.
    English is not my first language.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

That's actually a really good idea, a weekly ladder with prizes for best teams and best single players. However the only thing that will stop people from leaving game is a very harsh leaving penalty. Anything short of that will not stop the childish player that doesn't want his avatar killed from just leaving when his team is not winning.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.