test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Realm of Malbog Bugs! 1/2 of the quests are broken

Comments

• Options
    azudiiazudii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi

#1 had to clear 8 plants to get the 4 rangers to drop.

#2 seems to be bugged no dryads anywhere in any instance

#3 done war makers twice, second time the quest had the reward, may have been fixed?

Az
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    All instances (for this quest) are bugged atm.
  • Options
    kodonkodon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Anyone moderating this forum? Any estimated fix time or are we not sure what the cause is?
  • Options
    levonklevonk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This quest has been bugged for a long time.
  • Options
    itsruiditsruid Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ontrix1 wrote: »
    Definitely having the same problem. Logged onto several different instances at different times during the day and no dryads. I was able to find 2 early on but never again. Please fix. We cannot finish the quests without the Dryads.

Bug report +1

Facing the same problem as everyone else.

Reseting the quest doesnt help either, just FYI. Was working fine till last patch if I am not mistaken.

Thanks for the help in getting things up and running again.
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Same issue, got 1/3 applied then nothing. Running round like an idiot. Have reported in game. Tried changing instance, re-logging, no good.
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Following the recent bugging of "Patching things up". The Bearing Arms quest, is, yet again, bugged. Seriously guys?

Reported in-game, again.

Guys aren't popping out their shells.
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited September 2013
    And you are still hoping they will fix it. LOL. Everytime i encounter bugs in game, specially quest, i just drop them and move on, lol. I have to squeeze everything on this game for less than an hour, yes, less than an hour everyday on this game. Of course i use forum when i dont have access to my play computer @_@. better to play around on gateway Profession than FB games, lmao.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The fix for Bearing Arms is on the last preview server patch.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    itsruid wrote: »
    Was working fine till last patch if I am not mistaken.

No, it was always broken. It is just the issue got worse as more people got access to the Realm of Malabarg.
  • Options
    connaiaconnaia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Until yesterday it was possible to find wounded trees to patch by changing instances, today even that seems to no longer work. I have 5 characters with access and all seem to have the same problem.
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    azudii wrote: »
    Hi

#1 had to clear 8 plants to get the 4 rangers to drop.

#2 seems to be bugged no dryads anywhere in any instance

#3 done war makers twice, second time the quest had the reward, may have been fixed?

Az

#1 is pretty hit or miss now. It seems to work most of the time and if the pods are empty you just let them reset and the guy usually drops out. There are still instances where the pods do not seem to reset.

#2 was sort of working up till yesterday. You had to change instances a lot sometimes, but you could finish the quest with enough effort. Now it is unplayable. The chat was full of people wondering why they couldn't find a dryad.

#3 is definitely fixed and seems to be working fine.

Hopefully they will fix all of this soon.
  • Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited September 2013
    That and the pod one seems to be broken. Atm I have two ppl in guild chat who gave up trying to do it yesterday and today they seem to have the same problem (left the quests in the log) and they have been swapping instances all the time.
  • Options
    danfixdanfix Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Two days lost....Tomorrow patch may be?
  • Options
    gipsylassgipsylass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited September 2013
    I have the same problem - shard Mindflayer. Changed instances several times, relogged, nothing helps, no dryads are there.
  • Options
    imathilimathil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Went through 15 instances of the map and not a single one had a dryad. Very buggy quest - so that makes four so far in the Moonlight key section that are glitched. The Bearing Arms, Tower, Bait and Tame Portal Hounds and now this one.

Reported via the ingame bug system but AS USUAL the system didn't bother to generate a ticket so no clue if it got logged or just into the ether. BTW if you are filling out a support ticket would be nice that wandering monsters didn't target you or at least give you a warning.
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The only quest that is bugged for everyone is Patching things up. Please use another thread to report other bugs that you are having.
  • Options
    gonnymgonnym Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Today Patching the Things Up stays the same, bugged, no Dryads to apply the vital sap.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    gonnym wrote: »
    Today Patching the Things Up stays the same, bugged, no Dryads to apply the vital sap.

Yeah. At this point every single instance is bugged on the dragon server and the quest isn't completable.
  • Options
    zaflartzaflart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    No, it was always broken. It is just the issue got worse as more people got access to the Realm of Malabarg.

Hasn't been 'always broken'. I've done it, but can't today.
  • Options
    komodoonekomodoone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 64
    edited September 2013
    In the Realm of Malabog - Patching Things Up Quest, it looks like all the 2 million players have to apply sap to the same four trees. however, the trees don't respawn anymore.
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    komodoone wrote: »
    In the Realm of Malabog - Patching Things Up Quest, it looks like all the 2 million players have to apply sap to the same four trees. however, the trees don't respawn anymore.

I love the way you worded that. LOL
  • Options
    zaflartzaflart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not enough threads about this so, I figured I'd make another...

Actually, NO developers have responded. Long weekend, or what?
  • Options
    rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    komodoone wrote: »

1,999,999 players

One of my accounts just has a level 4 character on it after he was rolled back from 14 because of cataday and isn't high enough to do them quests :)
  • Options
    winoodleswinoodles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Two things. First, yes, the dryads are broken. I personally have submitted tickets from 2 different characters. As best I can tell it is a respawn issue. For ever other quest in Sharandar, waiting 5-6 minutes with out disturbing/aggroing mobs will reset a location. For the dryads, I got lucky and was able to watch a location go undisturbed for 8 minutes and there was no sap respawn. The 8 minutes was a great achievement as many people are just running around looking for sap and aggroing mobs while doing this, which is most likely causing timers to reset. Please, stop doing this, if you are one of these people. That may fix the issue itself. :)

Second is that the pods are working fine. The full reset time seems to be in the 3-5 minute range. For the pods to work, wait for the pod to close, the sparkly thing to interact with the pod and the mobs to reappear. Having done this, you should not have problems getting an elf to drop. I don't. That being said, there are actually 1 or 2 pod locations that don't work. I have yet to record the coordinates for Cryptic yet.

As a close, if you can't give useful information in a bug report, please don't submit one. It creates more issues than it solves, because it is more likely that Cryptic won't get to the bug reports with useful information in them, thus making it less likely for the issue to be resolved.
  • Options
    xtaszyxtaszy Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Restart Server Please...
    I cand find an instance with working quest....
    2771587546.png
  • Options
    nytemare1nytemare1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    seems first half of quest wont end,like other i have a stack of drops,wheres a chainsaw when needed.
    Also headbutted tree = epic fail
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    zaflart wrote: »
    Hasn't been 'always broken'. I've done it, but can't today.

No, really. It was always broken, but when there were on a few people doing it there was less chance of it breaking because were less chances for it to break. It was a very minor problem at best before but now with everyone in there, the problem has snowballed so that is uncompleteable.
  • Options
    nytemare1nytemare1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    make sure you send bug reports in game via;[bug] report
  • Options
    basse1984basse1984 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    they just dont care **** we have seen now. there is so many bugs going on right now. and for every maintance it seems like its only greating new once......

**** i really regret i have but 400 dollars in this game already.. it really seems like a dead floater to me right now...