test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you participate in PvP?

2»

Comments

• vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Only PvP experience has been at the earliest levels of new alts with the PvP Quest
    No interest at all.
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    apologies for my earlier post about beating up on others players.
    My intro to WOW was shaman camping outside the starting questgiver and slaughtering all the new characters until they stopped respawning. This was so common that they had to block anyone over a certain level from getting in there.
    Getting repeatedly attacked by PvP people while trying to do missions or while in combat with other things , didn't help any.
    That said, some people are competitive and like to compete against other to test their build and skill at using it against other people, since there is a limit to what a computer AI can do.
    Others have no interest in it.
    AS long as you don't try to push people into doing one or the other. I have no problem with people doing either.

AS for world Pvp, so you can do PK. Unless there is an opt out option, That comes in, I uninstall permanently because that is forcing people to be involved in PvP. Usually as a victim.

The favourite attack opportunities in WOW were;
    people 10 or more levels lower(I still remember the level 21 Twink bragging about pawning level 11's on zone)
    people getting or handing quests
    people in combat
    people trying to buy/sell things

example from someone who wanted open world PvP in Champions;
    so they could snipe the new characters in westside, other people having the job of protecting them(I'm sure the new players would have loved that introduction to the game)
    ambush people in Club caprice, a RP area.(another good way to get rid of people)
    and wanting a new zone "with the best gear in the game, so that people would go there" again trying to force people to be in it

this sort of behaviour is what puts people off PvP.
    Getting it organised, stomping on elitist jerks, and organising training runs helps(how you'd do that here, I don't know). Yes you may not get a load of points but you can get more people interested.
    I do agree the PvP here seriously needs a ranking system and rank matching for fights. That will help stop people getting put off by being stomped the first few times.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I PvP only for AD.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • goldmember7goldmember7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    I PvP some. It is really boring, but I need the AD. I could not care less about winning or losing, but in order not to ruin the game for my team mates I try to do something useful instead of just go AFK. If I want to do PvP I go to MechWarrior or Battlefield or some other game that is built around that and not just added it to be able to cross a check mark of a feature list. But yeah, I am just AD <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Blame the economy system for that, not me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • metaplexusmetaplexus Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I play mainly PvP in this game. Actually the only MMO I have played properly before this one was WoW (and even that was private server vanilla/tbc/wotlk, well scripted ones, though!), and I never enjoyed PvP there. In this game, though, I tried it and fell in love with it.

It's fun as a TR, and when I made my DC I made it PvE oriented, but still enjoyed pre-60 PvP, and still enjoying it pre-60 with my CW (going to do it at 60 as well).

I'm just little too soft for the community of PvP players :) I like fair fights and would expect respect towards other players, but usually PvPers are very, very egoistic.
  • bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    PVP all day erre day ... After I do my Feywild dailies.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • thunderquntthunderqunt Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So from the comments, you would assume nobody likes PVP. Yet from the actual stats, it turns out only about 1/3rd of people don't like PVP.

Ultimately, they need to do this properly and have gear and stats completely separate for PVP/PVE

It is the only way to keep it fair and interesting. It is also the only way to ensure the balancing isn't ruined throughout the rest of the game.

I love playing PVP with all 3 of my characters (GWF, CW & DC), but it does seem silly to alienate 1/3rd of your audience by trying to balance PVP at the expense of PVE.

PVP should be about skill and playstyle. Disable any enchants and let it be Player+Gear V's Player+Gear. I'd even be happy to see the mount speed equalised in PVP (even though I have paid for my super macho unicorn). I don't want to be able to pay for points. I don't want to win because my gear is better than the other guy, just like I don't want to lose because my gear is worse.

I get a kick from playing PVP no matter which end of the board I end up on, but I would certainly play it a lot more if I knew there was a good chance of playing an evenly matched game (which preferably wouldn't have 1 or 2 dropouts as soon as either team is down by more than 50 points)
  • drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    arabatur wrote: »
    I PvP only for AD.

this.

About 1 game in ten seems to be close and I almost convince myself that I should play it more. Then the next one is a washout with quitters (from either side) or a 1000:200 vs a premade and I check how many more I've go before I can get the daily AD award.

The irritating thing is that I start each game full of hope and enthusiasm. Close fights vs a tough opposition are extremely satisfying, as opposed to 20 minute slugfests against a 2million hit point boss and his perma adds. As a CW there's no better feeling than a 30s 1 on 1 vs a rogue, GF or GWF, desperately trying to stay out of reach while the stamina bar recharges or the AP meter hits Ice Knife time when we're both on our last few % of HP :) Shame it happens so rarely.
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?
  • whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I used to, but I stopped. Now I will sometimes do GG just for the heck of it. But that's it. Especially with the most recent round of nerfs. DC is at a significant disadvantage in PvP.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Almost never. I like it a lot more than I ever thought I would (because of the potential for smart opponents), but there's so much else to do in the game I don't get a chance to very often because I don't love it enough to prioritize it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • unksamunksam Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PVP would be fine if they would make some new pvp sets that are worth the fight,new battlegrounds similar to Gaunt,but with unlimited acess,some pvp mounts,pvp titles and so on.At the current state of the game PVP is boring,pure boring,u fight like a lunatic for nothing because the gear is weak,it's BOP(u can't sell it) and TR do at least 15k damage even if u have 40% damage reduction.PVP needs a total rework if they want to do something with it.
  • dragosani84dragosani84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 84
    edited August 2013
    Not much pvp. I just don't feel the urge to destroy random pixels so I can feel like a real man. Honestly there's nothing about any games that make one difference to my ego in real life. It's just a game and I could care less but hey, if you need to pwn people all day long to feel strong and capable then go for it, whatever works for you.
  • suckatash1suckatash1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24
    edited August 2013
    I wasn't around to see all of the class changes that have happened to DC - though I did play the game in OB. PvP has always been fun to me and I'll always do it if a game offers it.
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So from the comments, you would assume nobody likes PVP. Yet from the actual stats, it turns out only about 1/3rd of people don't like PVP.

actually the stats changed dramatically when it got taken from General discussion and got put in PvP/combat. Before it was mostly NO.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The way I read it seems 1/3 always, 1/3 never, and 1/3 varying degrees of sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tararisttararist Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I love PvP... I usually do it for AD, however.
  • zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I like neverwinter pvp, gaunt is kind of fun, but it isn't rewarding and i feel like i'm just wasting time
  • rukhmathrukhmath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Maybe some of you don't realise, why every mmo has pvp, especially f2p models.
    Should i tell the truth? Can u handle it?
    Oh well, here goes.
    Plain and simple fact is, majority of ppl will pay for an edge. Why do u need an edge? To stomp someone else into the ground of course!
    If there was only pve, why would i pay for anything? So i can farm better? Lol.

Sorry for the reality check.
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited August 2013
    Im all-in for the pvp
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    The other day a couple of my friends convinced me to hop into PvP again. Not a full 5 man premade team, just 3 of us, not even on voice chat. None of us needed the glory, we all already had the gear we wanted, just doing it for fun.
    We did three matches. They were each over in less than 2 minutes. Once the other team saw they were being beaten, they left. Once our team fell behind in points, the other two of our team left.
    This system is broken beyond playability.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sadly, it's the only thing I find challenging in this game. Thank goodness it gives rough AD.

I normally log on for:

1. PVP
    2. Crafting
    3. Sharandar Dailies
    4. CN (maybe)

Nothing else really worth doing now, in my opinion.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There was no "Never" option so I had to vote "Almost Never".

I have no interest in PvP, I perhaps have an irrational dislike of it to the point of becoming stressed thinking about it. I have no problems with those who enjoy it doing so, but if I must do it my characters will never progress past that point.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    PvP is 95% of my play time now that I have finished leveling my alts. I make new builds for PvP, try out new team comps for PvP, and while I finish the daily on all 5 of my 60's I still PvP quite a few more matches on my favorite characters.

I also do a little sharander for the boons, so that I have better stats for PvP...

I got so tired of doing dungeons but now that I rarely do them I did a Spider yesterday and it wasn't so boring now that I don't do 2-3 dungeons a day =)

Also I never spent any money on the game until I started PvP'ing all the time, cryptic should rethink their "PvP is on the backburner" approach as I think a large portion of the PvP crowd spend money on the game.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • ch33t0ch33t0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I dig the pvp in this game and play all my toons as pugs due to being a loner PVP'er until recently. My TR now gets invited to groups from the guild i joined. However I'd rather pug because we never lose as a prem and I find that boring. Apparently so do my teammates because if the fight is boring they will quit the scen and queue up again until we get a decent match.

Nerfs happen in any game I play because people who are happy play the game while people who complain about everything cry for nerfs. I've just accepted this fact of life and evolve.

Regards,
    Jabbin
  • amadan78amadan78 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i like do some pvp casually for dailies and just for distraction, i still prefer a good pve and cooperation experience though.
    never the less i don't get the pvp domination here. i come from gw2 where there is aome inbalance but overall is not even comparable to this one you cannot out heal any damage, even as a cleric, not even with some cooldown. and there is too much crowd control spamming leading to a fast death.

also in such a pvp killing is not important at all, since it's about capping point, so there are basically only 2 strategies that works:
    zerging from point to point hoping the other team don't react fast to the zerging, or focusing on capping just 2 points (team work required). despite the fact that there is an in game voice chat, nobody talks, nobody listen and nobody even bother to understand what to do...
    because in every single match i played aparently people only cared to kill other people outside the point to cap, or never worried to backup the loner trying to cap the other point.
    so overall i'll do it only for dailies and never worry to do it for passion. it feels to idiotic.

oh, and i'm new to the game, still lv 30, but just one match was enough to understand it, maybe i spent too much time in gw2 pvp
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ch33t0 wrote: »
    we never lose as a prem and I find that boring. Apparently so do my teammates because if the fight is boring they will quit the scen and queue up again until we get a decent match.

It seems the same for us lately, very fiew good matches. We know most of the good players that do premades on mindflayer so we end up getting together with them when we can, or premade against our own guild is always fun.

We know right away when its a pug, so lately we've been letting them get a giant lead by capping all 3 points. Then going after them. Its a little more fun for us, and they in turn get some glory out of it and fun too I(i think)
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    tried it once, when i played gaurdian fighter, i was gear with 60 lvl stalwart set.
    group i was in got wiped within seconds, score was like 5 to 30, i killed other 3 (mage, cleric, and ranger), couldnt kill other fighter tank and i got my shield up and got taken out in 2 hits, i was like "what was that", then few members in group had to drop and exit arena leaving us short handed, then decided to bail out to forfiet, thinking they either use exploits or 3rd party program.

now i dont like it, it doesnt have even level fielding, there always have come factors, they maybe wearing elite gears to gain advanages, or they have combat plans which class to kill first and second and third in order scripts, or maybe very high speed PC or internet could be faster than cable and dsl.

i played Guild Wars, and that was most balanced fight and very fast, and there is no gaurantee of any class dominating than any other classes due to multiple choices of combat spells selected, and they are being monitor by GM for any illegal game hacks.

so i havent tried again since this patch updates when some spells get nerfed, but still i stay clear away from PvP just in case.
  • piratebeypiratebey Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    EH. The reason I am dissapointed in the pvp system is there is no way to face your friends specifically.
    No 1v1. No dueling. If they made it so you could duel anywhere and against anyone like most games do that would be epic.
    Imagine testing yourself against fellow guild members or friends in the middle of MT hotenow. Possibly dueling in the lava just because thats epic.
    To bad they havent come out with that yet.