test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should Cryptic/PWE reimburse people loss assets due to bugs?

13»

Comments

• Options
    s3ven0fmines3ven0fmine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just got an update to my ticket concerning my missing assets. I guess when enough people complain and cry, changes really do happen.
    I can't post what they said but basically I WILL get all my assets back, after an investigation ofc.:)

I just received the same but never did it say that they will be replacing assets. Re-read it. Just says that they are aware and are investigating it.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just received the same but never did it say that they will be replacing assets. Re-read it. Just says that they are aware and are investigating it.

Lol, nope my message said I am getting mine back. I think I can show you in pm(if it's not against tos ofc).
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had patience. Still got told my lost ADs couldn't be restored.

Now I see players are getting lost assets restored. This is a pathetic.

Sorry to hear that. Was you angry when you filed ticket? Cursing or being irate won't help you.;)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    s3ven0fmines3ven0fmine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow mine said nothing about returning my assets. Typical.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sorry to hear that. Was you angry when you filed ticket? Cursing or being irate won't help you.;)

No, just clearly and definitively stating what happened step by step.

It did take several tickets, as I had to break through the auto replies.

Also I would hate to think they would decide to restore lost items based on the behavior of the customer.
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

If a CS is selective on how to reply to certain mails, the company can look into changing the CS. Tickets are filed because players have issues with game, not praising the company. And if it is a complaint, the poster may be emotional, depending on the severity of the issue.

btw, lucky you :)
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Most mmos have a general no restored losses policy when things get lost due to exploits and bugs due to how hard it can be to track down everyone accurately and determine who is scamming and who is honest, and people who get rejected or missed feel very bad,
    Bugs are tragic and they should be documented and submitted but I never expect restoration,

Also this community tends to get much angrier at good things than bad people called the catterday gift package "a slap in the face" I kid you not. There is really no way they can win in this if they restore for some those who didn't file the report in time will be angry
    and if people sense they might get free asset they will flood customer service with tickets,

If I was the company I might have a double asset drop week for trade bags and or have assets/craft bags drop in skill nodes for a short time. which should off set any price changes caused by deleted assets. and since we have a festival coming up it would be very good timing.
  • Options
    maderiamaderia Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Most mmos have a general no restored losses policy when things get lost due to exploits and bugs due to how hard it can be to track down everyone accurately and determine who is scamming and who is honest, and people who get rejected or missed feel very bad,
    Bugs are tragic and they should be documented and submitted but I never expect restoration,

Also this community tends to get much angrier at good things than bad people called the catterday gift package "a slap in the face" I kid you not. There is really no way they can win in this if they restore for some those who didn't file the report in time will be angry
    and if people sense they might get free asset they will flood customer service with tickets,

If I was the company I might have a double asset drop week for trade bags and or have assets/craft bags drop in skill nodes for a short time. which should off set any price changes caused by deleted assets. and since we have a festival coming up it would be very good timing.

Let's be fair.. "Most MMOs" in the past are on a subscription model. I agree someone who is upset over downtime or a lack of opportunity due to a bug or missed treasure falls into the realm of, "Oh well too bad.." Bugs happen...

As to crafting assets.. The ones with pretty colors; green, blue, purple were paid for with real money..In my mind, that's a different thing entirely. I am glad to hear Crypic is addressing these on a case by base basis through the ticket system. This is the right thing to do.

MMOs are going to have bugs, crashes, issues; that's the nature of our hobby. Nobody plans for these to happen. Employees of game companies don't wake up one morning and say, "Wow, I hope everything goes to Hell in a hand basket today because I want our players to have a really bad time!" The real measure of a game company interested in long-term customer loyalty and client-contentment is in how that company deals with issues as they surface. I see Cryptic addressing lost assets and putting out a 2nd patch within a few days. That works for me. This is a reasonable response to a problem and this customer is satisfied with that response.
  • Options
    waggiwiwaggiwi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    You will not be compensated as that is Cryptic policy. Myself and many others have lost 100's of thousands of AD due to AH bugs and submitted tickets and all that happened was tickets closed. They never have re-reimbursed players for lost goods.

inc my 500,000 AD most of which came with my knight of the feywild pack

so not only taken my AD but my real life money

not happy at all :mad:
    Waggi - Crusader of Guild Medieval-

@waggiwi
    contact me in Neverwinter if you are interested in joining GM.

www.guildmedieval.com
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    the post clearly states an absolute course of action has not been decided upon yet. :)

What post are you referring to?

Has there been any statement from Cryptic whatsoever on this topic? If so, where can I find it?
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    What post are you referring to?

Has there been any statement from Cryptic whatsoever on this topic? If so, where can I find it?

We are anxiously awaiting to see what happens here.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I just got an update to my ticket concerning my missing assets. I guess when enough people complain and cry, changes really do happen.
    I can't post what they said but basically I WILL get all my assets back, after an investigation ofc.:)

And you thought I was crazy when I posted how I submitted a ticket, not only being reimbursed but being apologized to for these unfortunate issues.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    kobuirisgameskobuirisgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have a high degree of confidence that things will be made right in regards to missing assets. Updates should still be made in the thread promising updates. Uncertainly spreads dissatisfaction.

Despite being reassured that my assets will be restored, I was instead given "compensation" of much lesser value. The difference is laughable. I responded that this was unacceptable. Waiting for a response.
    Maturity, Fair Play, Family Friendly. Sound good? Apply today at www.guildmedieval.com

Guild Medieval Recruitment Topic
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Despite being reassured that my assets will be restored, I was instead given "compensation" of much lesser value. The difference is laughable. I responded that this was unacceptable. Waiting for a response.

Many of us have lost millions of AD due to bugs in the game. Suck it up and move on as you will not be compensated.
  • Options
    siestrionsiestrion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am pretty sure we all got the same compensation package. And I agree, it was laughable. Sadly, I've grown to expect such poor customer service. It was taking them so long to return assets, I just assumed I was never getting them back. Cryptic is rated an F by the Better Business Bureau after all.
  • Options
    sutekhonesutekhone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So after a few ticket responses guaranteeing that our assets would be returned ("Rest assured that one way or another, all of your missing assets will be returned to all affected characters. Thank you for your patience in this matter.") we get the final response today that gave us 2 adventurers and 4 random useless green assets. I personally lost 7 adventurers, that I paid AD for on the auction house and also bought with $ from profession packs. Where are ALL of my assets? This is unacceptable after the previous responses I received. Lesson learned - do NOT spend a dime of real money on zen, you will juts get **** on when they introduce a bug that screws you over out of hard earned cash spent to support this game...

Here is today's response/solution:

<<Response removed. Please read RoC and the prohibition of reposting of private correspondence.>>
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    sutekhone wrote: »
    So after a few ticket responses guaranteeing that our assets would be returned ("Rest assured that one way or another, all of your missing assets will be returned to all affected characters. Thank you for your patience in this matter.") we get the final response today that gave us 2 adventurers and 4 random useless green assets. I personally lost 7 adventurers, that I paid AD for on the auction house and also bought with $ from profession packs. Where are ALL of my assets? This is unacceptable after the previous responses I received. Lesson learned - do NOT spend a dime of real money on zen, you will juts get **** on when they introduce a bug that screws you over out of hard earned cash spent to support this game...

Here is today's response/solution:

<<Response removed. Please read RoC and the prohibition of reposting of private correspondence.>>

We all told you that you WILL NOT get your items back as they have NEVER restored player items. Even during Open Beta which was soft launch and bugs ate players AD by the millions, no one was compensated. When players lose AD or items the response is "Tough & suck it up!"
  • Options
    aerisodaerisod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Honestly, with how previous issues have been handled, did anyone expect to get everything they lost returned to them? You guys have to see a pattern by this point.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    We all told you that you WILL NOT get your items back as they have NEVER restored player items. Even during Open Beta which was soft launch and bugs ate players AD by the millions, no one was compensated. When players lose AD or items the response is "Tough & suck it up!"

That's the worst response one can have at these type of issues. The good type of response is applying pressure on developer/publisher by reporting them on sites that track good/bad business practices, pressure on social media, pressure on forums. All of it should be done in a civil and concentrated effort.

Whatever you do, the worst path one can take is the "deal with it" attitude. Apply pressure for a long time. Publishers expect gamers to get bored and give up. Don't give up :)
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm going to close this thread down as it has become nothing more than a breeding ground for flames, both at the company and other players.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.