test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should Cryptic/PWE reimburse people loss assets due to bugs?

Comments

• Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    centur1an wrote: »
    so what about my 8 adventurers which you have "stolen"

i've logged on after patch and i'm still 8 adventures down
    You're so lucky for getting to buy enough zen to convert to 700k AD to buy the adventurers you lost!
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i think's they will never give back the asset, after all they can get more money because people have to buy it again. this is the price for all the time people play fair whitout abus of bug or exploit.
  • Options
    centur1ancentur1an Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You're so lucky for getting to buy enough zen to convert to 700k AD to buy the adventurers you lost!

Wrong

Making gems and selling for Ad and having rank 20 leadership is how I got them
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    centur1an wrote: »
    Wrong

Making gems and selling for Ad and having rank 20 leadership is how I got them
    joke.

you.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    maisaan wrote: »
    People submit tickets about what they lost. It might take a while to check all of them, but it is possible and of cause, people who lost stuff because of a bug should be compensated. If the company loose "stuff" they roll back. It goes both ways.

You will not be compensated as that is Cryptic policy. Myself and many others have lost 100's of thousands of AD due to AH bugs and submitted tickets and all that happened was tickets closed. They never have re-reimbursed players for lost goods.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Support has told me that they're not able to restore lost or missing ADs due to in game bugs, so I'd be surprised if they restored missing assets.

Actually I would be annoyed if assets got restored and I still didn't get the ADs I had bought with real world money restored.
  • Options
    mikgamerzmikgamerz Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2013
    Support has told me that they're not able to restore lost or missing ADs due to in game bugs, so I'd be surprised if they restored missing assets.

Actually I would be annoyed if assets got restored and I still didn't get the ADs I had bought with real world money restored.

It sounds to me that you should be charge backing that transaction right now...
  • Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Looks like someone needs to get luckyfied at the zen store.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    mikgamerz wrote: »
    It sounds to me that you should be charge backing that transaction right now...

I would expect that when you do a charge-back PWE bans your account.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    And second I hope they make something(event, gifts) like caturday, as an apology to the honest players that didn't exploit on nightmare thursday.

Yay I can switch between my caturday cape and my nightmursday neck piece =D
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    kobuirisgameskobuirisgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "Profession assets should not longer be consumed unexpectedly in some cases." http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=966991

I had to find out from Facebook because there's no patch notes thread...

And I'm looking for updates in the thread where you said to look. There are none to be found. I'm out six adventurers with no news on when or how you plan on restoring these. Better communication would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Maturity, Fair Play, Family Friendly. Sound good? Apply today at www.guildmedieval.com

Guild Medieval Recruitment Topic
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    By now their probably sweeping this under the rug like with nightmare thursday. I lost 3 hero's and 2 adventurers and got an auto response from CS. :(
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Doubt it will happen as anyone who lost assets they had paid for is 'unlucky' and therefore viewed by Cryptic as not as deserving as 'lucky' players......

P.s. It is really cynicism if it happens to be true?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    File a support ticket and include what specific asset(s) you lost.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    joke.

you.

Kobold power!
  • Options
    s3ven0fmines3ven0fmine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They wont help. We all saw how they dealt with the nightmares.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    On page 5 still no official response. Clearly they are ignoring this and have no intention of replacing assets. They have not even come forward and said they are looking into it other than the vague post forum mod posted about "nothing being decided". Last straw for me. I'm not going to quit the game, but i will never spend any IRL money on it after this. Clearly they don't give a **** about any money u spent.
  • Options
    kobuirisgameskobuirisgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have a high degree of confidence that things will be made right in regards to missing assets. Updates should still be made in the thread promising updates. Uncertainly spreads dissatisfaction.
    Maturity, Fair Play, Family Friendly. Sound good? Apply today at www.guildmedieval.com

Guild Medieval Recruitment Topic
  • Options
    philmanpwphilmanpw Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still no word on this?
  • Options
    koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    philmanpw wrote: »
    Still no word on this?

I know, right?
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just got an update to my ticket concerning my missing assets. I guess when enough people complain and cry, changes really do happen.
    I can't post what they said but basically I WILL get all my assets back, after an investigation ofc.:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ive received no update on mine yet.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    If they are going to fix this they should make an announcement about it. So far they are just ignoring the vast majority of tickets sent in about this subject. I for one will find it even worse if they compensate some and not others.
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    Maybe they're hesitant to make a post about it because people will misconstrue their statements again?

In any case, yes. They absolutely should reimburse the lost assets.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    wjweller wrote: »
    Maybe they're hesitant to make a post about it because people will misconstrue their statements again?

In any case, yes. They absolutely should reimburse the lost assets.

And which statement are u referring to?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I just got an update to my ticket concerning my missing assets. I guess when enough people complain and cry, changes really do happen.
    I can't post what they said but basically I WILL get all my assets back, after an investigation ofc.:)
    None of this would have been reimbursed without people raising heck on the forums and getting their posts deleted and threads locked for it.

/Not the first time here nothing happened until they got called out on it.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013

Great to hear. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Great to hear. :)

And what about the rest of us that have not had any response?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    And what about the rest of us that have not had any response?

Patience is a virtue.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Patience is a virtue.

I had patience. Still got told my lost ADs couldn't be restored.

Now I see players are getting lost assets restored. This is a pathetic.
This discussion has been closed.