test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

70 sparks short? lol what??? part 2.

kushlovinfreakkushlovinfreak Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok,i`ve been playing this game from the start of open beta. And had a fair share of fun,frustration and everything inbetween. When i started "modul 1" i was somewhat disappointed cause im not overly fond of daily/timed stuff.But i progressed through.
i have 4 toons,all at lvl. 60,from 9k gs-11 k gs,and i started Sharandar with all 4 toons ( LOLOLOL), then cut down to 2 cause it was simply too DULL to go through the content with all 4.
which brings me to the "wtf is wrong with u" moment. Today after all the grinding,all the dull,mind numbing grinding fuc* fest that i endured these 15-19 days. I finnaly managed to grind the abjurring (or whatever its called) thingies that is requiered for unlocking malabogs realm,and with naive smile on my face i clicked the litlle flag that opens the campaign window. ONLY TO SEE THAT IM 70 BLOODY SPARKS SHORT OF UNLOCKING THE BLOODY THING!!!!!!!!
WTF???? I mean wasnt it enough??? 9 more days of this brainwash??? 9 more days????? are u insane????
and if that was all,it would be good,but nooo,then i was told by some guy to look at the sparks needed for the 3rd tier of boons,LOL..220! 220???
dear god,ive grinded in games but this? this is just INSANE! who came up with this idea? who thought this was fun?? REALLY? FUN??
Post edited by kushlovinfreak on

Comments

• danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Ok,i`ve been playing this game from the start of open beta. And had a fair share of fun,frustration and everything inbetween. When i started "modul 1" i was somewhat disappointed cause im not overly fond of daily/timed stuff.But i progressed through.
    i have 4 toons,all at lvl. 60,from 9k gs-11 k gs,and i started Sharandar with all 4 toons ( LOLOLOL), then cut down to 2 cause it was simply too DULL to go through the content with all 4.
    which brings me to the "wtf is wrong with u" moment. Today after all the grinding,all the dull,mind numbing grinding fuc* fest that i endured these 15-19 days. I finnaly managed to grind the abjurring (or whatever its called) thingies that is requiered for unlocking malabogs realm,and with naive smile on my face i clicked the litlle flag that opens the campaign window. ONLY TO SEE THAT IM 70 BLOODY SPARKS SHORT OF UNLOCKING THE BLOODY THING!!!!!!!!
    WTF???? I mean wasnt it enough??? 9 more days of this brainwash??? 9 more days????? are u insane????
    and if that was all,it would be good,but nooo,then i was told by some guy to look at the sparks needed for the 3rd tier of boons,LOL..220! 220???
    dear god,ive grinded in games but this? this is just INSANE! who came up with this idea? who thought this was fun?? REALLY? FUN??

You can acquire sparks indirectly from opening lockboxes or from AH.
  • kushlovinfreakkushlovinfreak Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    danielzt wrote: »
    You can acquire sparks indirectly from opening lockboxes or from AH.
    yeaa,just a litlle investment in a free non p2w game,aye? :)))
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    yeaa,just a litlle investment in a free non p2w game,aye? :)))

I had so many extra fomorian blood on my CW and TR that I had both of my first 2 boons the day I went to sharandar on my GWF. Why do you want to complete all new content in 2 days? The time restrictions we're put on the new content b/c of you 10 hour a day players that complete content in 3 days and then scream on the forum for new content again.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    I had so many extra fomorian blood on my CW and TR that I had both of my first 2 boons the day I went to sharandar on my GWF. Why do you want to complete all new content in 2 days? The time restrictions we're put on the new content b/c of you 10 hour a day players that complete content in 3 days and then scream on the forum for new content again.

mm,no...i want to complete the content while im still in my 30.s...is that too much to ask?
    and look at the sparks needed for tier 3 of zhe boons:P
    and thats SPARKS,not CRESTS.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I am not rushing full speed at boons boons boons and nothing else as you seem to be. My CW already has like 150-200 sparks and I forget to do the daily half the time. You get 700 hp and a free tene or tranquil, its not game breaking, I'll get it when I get it.
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If it's not fun... . don't do it?
    edited September 2013
    I am not rushing full speed at boons boons boons and nothing else as you seem to be. My CW already has like 150-200 sparks and I forget to do the daily half the time. You get 700 hp and a free tene or tranquil, its not game breaking, I'll get it when I get it.

and if you had read my post you would see its not about the boons,its about the ability to unlock the malabog realm.,that i after 20 day grinding fest will unlock in 10 days.,with my 1st toon!
    then they had in mind that i will be wanting to repeat that 3 more times,cause im iun dire need of FUN?
    Yep...i will.
    edited September 2013
    slayorian wrote: »

if u havent got anything meaningful to say,dont say it?
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I was just reading your other thread that was closed , don't see how the mod came to the conclusion he did but whatever , yes I came across this annoyance a couple of days ago , couldn't face the mindless grind so gave in and bought the relic things at 20k ad a pop , still got lots of mindless grind to come but at least I am earning stuff I can use to unlock stuff like boons and the enchantment .
  • ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I think everyone is missing the point. Making someone grind the same thing over and over for 2 months is not the same as two months worth of content. after a week of grinding sparks i'm saying where is all this new content, i'm doing the same boring thing everyday.
    to the OP the weekly quest gives 50 sparks. yippy. I said the same thing as you the other day.
    edited September 2013
    and if you had read my post you would see its not about the boons,its about the ability to unlock the malabog realm.,that i after 20 day grinding fest will unlock in 10 days.,with my 1st toon!
    then they had in mind that i will be wanting to repeat that 3 more times,cause im iun dire need of FUN?
    Yep...i will.

I don't see how thats possible as I unlock it tomorrow with 2 toons and I forget to do the dailies half the time. My GWF will have it open in 3-4 days cause he started later. I have 5 60's, yes it would suck to try and do sharandar on all of them together, that's why I'm doing it 1-2 at a time.

No it isn't fun, but you are rewarded for your grind with boons. I wish the content was like 10x more difficult so it required skill or teamwork and time instead of just time, then boons would be more scarce and those that had them would have the advantage. The only thing boons are doing now is wait 3 days and get free 500 GS so that I have to advertise even higher for groups else I get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> players with inflated GS...

here it comes "OMG he's such a jerk! Elitist!"
    edited September 2013
    ott0maddux wrote: »
    I think everyone is missing the point. Making someone grind the same thing over and over for 2 months is not the same as two months worth of content. after a week of grinding sparks i'm saying where is all this new content, i'm doing the same boring thing everyday.
    to the OP the weekly quest gives 50 sparks. yippy. I said the same thing as you the other day.

precisely, 2 bloody months...and i remember some1 had said just the thig u wrote above (1-2 days bfre the expansion came)
    but more i play it,more im convinced that is the hard truth.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I think everyone is missing the point. Making someone grind the same thing over and over for 2 months is not the same as two months worth of content.

Welcome to MMOs.

Casual "Give me free loot" MMOs like the current WoW has ruined the MMO industry. Just a few years ago players had to grind on the same mobs for days to gain 1 level or months in some MMOs. Players had to spend months farming the same dungeon every day to get the gear they wanted. Players had to grind mobs to farm gold to buy items on AH if the game even had one, otherwise had to trade with other players or farm their own.

MMO's these days are super casual and no longer cater to the hardcore grinder that grew up on the eastern MMOs.

If you think spending 30 minutes a day to quickly do 6 daily quests is a grind, you are sadly mistaken.
    edited September 2013
    I don't see how thats possible as I unlock it tomorrow with 2 toons and I forget to do the dailies half the time. My GWF will have it open in 3-4 days cause he started later. I have 5 60's, yes it would suck to try and do sharandar on all of them together, that's why I'm doing it 1-2 at a time.

No it isn't fun, but you are rewarded for your grind with boons. I wish the content was like 10x more difficult so it required skill or teamwork and time instead of just time, then boons would be more scarce and those that had them would have the advantage. The only thing boons are doing now is wait 3 days and get free 500 GS so that I have to advertise even higher for groups else I get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> players with inflated GS...

here it comes "OMG he's such a jerk! Elitist!"

mm,nope..why? im glad u having fun m8:) i was too.,but trust me when i say,70 sparks short.,maybe 2 days went that i havent grinded.
    2 arcane res. weeklys done,and that is the count on sparks in my case..
    and GL grinding 220 sparks for T3 of boons:)
    edited September 2013
    what game has "fun" grinding? The only fun part about grinding is if you enjoy the repetitive combat, and at least the combat in this game is pretty nice. The term grinding in itself means it's going to take a while and not be pleasant. Game was released with fast leveling and no grinding, everyone complains that it's too easy and levels too fast. X-pac introduces daily grinds so that you can't get everything in 2 days, everyone complains that it takes too long and don't want to have to grind. You can't have it both ways...
    edited September 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Welcome to MMOs.

Casual "Give me free loot" MMOs like the current WoW has ruined the MMO industry. Just a few years ago players had to grind on the same mobs for days to gain 1 level or months in some MMOs. Players had to spend months farming the same dungeon every day to get the gear they wanted. Players had to grind mobs to farm gold to buy items on AH if the game even had one, otherwise had to trade with other players or farm their own.

MMO's these days are super casual and no longer cater to the hardcore grinder that grew up on the eastern MMOs.

If you think spending 30 minutes a day to quickly do 6 daily quests is a grind, you are sadly mistaken.

soo,ur sayin "no torture like the medieval one"? lol...
    sorry if im not finding logic in that. spent time is just that -spent time...be it 30mins,30 hours or 30 ddays...spent time.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The large number of sparks needed to unlock the top tier content was ok with me when the Arcane reservoir quest was only a 3 day cooldown. Now that it's a 5 day cooldown, it's a bit of a annoyance.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited September 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    The large number of sparks needed to unlock the top tier content was ok with me when the Arcane reservoir quest was only a 3 day cooldown. Now that it's a 5 day cooldown, it's a bit of a annoyance.

7 day cooldown. It's a once a week repeatable.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    7 day cooldown. It's a once a week repeatable.
    Yeah, oops. My bad.
  • gantoris007gantoris007 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Relax, geniuses.

Daily quests yield 10 feywild spares. But the WEEKLY quest yields 50 feywild sparks.

pay attention, and quit complaining if you don't understand the system.

-_-;
  • ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Welcome to MMOs.

Just a few years ago players had to grind on the same mobs for days to gain 1 level or months in some MMOs. Players had to spend months farming the same dungeon every day to get the gear they wanted. Players had to grind mobs to farm gold to buy items on AH if the game even had one, otherwise had to trade with other players or farm their own.

Oh you mean those MMO's that aren't around anymore. This is my first MMO. There is a reason for that. I actually don't mind grinding if there is a decent payoff, but saying "we added a ton of content" when you mean "we added a half hour of content you have to do over and over for months" doesn't cut it, IMHO.
    edited September 2013
    . Game was released with fast leveling and no grinding,

and after that they neede to hit the brake and stop all to mouse steps? naah,i would be content if i could finish this content in 20-25 days wirth ALL toons,and then farm/grind something productive like dungeons..,ooops,thats not very productive anymore:P
    edited September 2013
    Relax, geniuses.

Daily quests yield 10 feywild spares. But the WEEKLY quest yields 50 feywild sparks.

pay attention, and quit complaining if you don't understand the system.

-_-;

So for the last three boons you need to grind sparks for 5.25 weeks. Forgive me if that sounds a little bit tedious.
    edited September 2013
    "we added a half hour of content you have to do over and over for months"

lol,but when u look at it,it REALLY IS a BLOODY TON of content:)))
    edited September 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    So for the last three boons you need to grind sparks for 5.25 weeks.

thank u for the count...i mind job less to do:)
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    2 arcane res. weeklys done,and that is the count on sparks in my case.."

Well, there's your problem then. There have been 3 arcane reserve events since this released. You missed one!
    edited September 2013
    Oh you mean those MMO's that aren't around anymore.

LOL learn your MMOs. Many MMO Franchisees are still going strong with many more players than NW. NW is a new and currently small MMO with only several hundred thousand active players.
    edited September 2013
    tinukeda wrote: »
    Well, there's your problem then. There have been 3 arcane reserve events since this released. You missed one!

naah,mybe i got the count wrong.,i mustve done 3. cause of all the time this went live there were 2 days i havent played (though logged in)
    and the weekly quest doesnt go away..so ive done it for sure.
    but then again u maybe right...
  • fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Time it takes feels right to me.

The entire gamut of dailies takes at most 30 - 45 minutes. Even for a casual player such as myself that is perfectly acceptable. I enjoy running these dailies more than i do the AD dailies. (hence i dont run them and earn AD other ways)

Heck the actual haul of gold and enchants make it worth running the dailies even if they didnt provide a means to more content or rewards.

I usually try to time my running of these during profession event as well to get a nice double dip on my time spent.
  • raphlwesraphlwes Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    slayorian wrote: »

What he said ^