test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

70 sparks short? lol what??? part 2.

2»

Comments

• ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    We didn't say we weren't OCD.
  • jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    What bothers me about the whole thing is they are slowing down your progression unless you pay them money. Yes you can get the items off the AH with AD, but someone somewhere paid money for that item to be on the AH. It is a cheap tactic to generate more money. For me, this had the opposite effect. I used to spend quite a bit on this game until I played through Feywild on the test server and heard about the BOP change that was coming at the same time. It was an eye opener and since then the wallet has been locked up (most of the time). When I pay money I want something in return, not just time shaved off a tedious task. Before I paid because I wanted to. Now it seems like I have to pay money or they will make the game as unenjoyable as they can. I said it many times before Feywild went live...It was just introduced to suck AD/money from the players.

I do not like the grind, but I will probably continue to do it (I think about giving up on it every day). If there were no pay2remove boredwalls I would deal with what the developers created and shut my mouth. I would realize the grind was put there because they wanted it to take a long time and that was just how it was going to be. Knowing the boredwalls are there just to force me to pay more for a game I already invested TONS in just pisses me off.

It is the same with BOP. If ALL tier armor was BOP I would shut my mouth. I wouldn't like it, but I would deal with it. A change like that would show me the developers want players to play the content and get their own gear. The fact that you can still get BOE tier gear just shows me that they wanted to manipulate the market so paying players will have to pay even more to get anything. This change does not affects me at all because all of my characters are fully geared and I have a few spare sets in my bank. I just don't like it because I think it is a cheap way to generate more sales and IMO it is hurting the game because not many people are running dungeons now.

PWE needs to let us play the game the way we want to play. If I want to fly through Feywild as fast as I can I should be able to. If I want to take 2 months and enjoy it that is my choice. Money should not factor into how fast I can complete EASY content. I'm not saying all the boredwalls need to be removed, I am just saying they went way too far with the amount they put in when there is really not that much content behind these walls. I put a lot of money into this game, and that was my choice. Keep pulling cheap stunts like these ones and I will just be a F2P player for the rest of my time here.

I know the company has to make money. Sell me things I want to buy and I will continue to pay. Develop new toys and different little trinkets instead of putting up paywalls. People would actually buy something as silly as the water balloon if it was in the Zen store for a decent price. Little things like that could make the company a lot of money. If that thing was in the Zen store for a buck or two you probably would have sold thousands. Just to clarify, I am fine with the way it was added to the game, I am just using it as an example. Little silly trinkets and gadgets would sell. They would be collectable items and would not impact the game in any P2W way. Introduce something NEW every so often and charge a REASONABLE price for it and many people will buy it.

Sorry, I got a bit off topic there at the end.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Welcome to MMOs.

Casual "Give me free loot" MMOs like the current WoW has ruined the MMO industry. Just a few years ago players had to grind on the same mobs for days to gain 1 level or months in some MMOs. Players had to spend months farming the same dungeon every day to get the gear they wanted. Players had to grind mobs to farm gold to buy items on AH if the game even had one, otherwise had to trade with other players or farm their own.

MMO's these days are super casual and no longer cater to the hardcore grinder that grew up on the eastern MMOs.

If you think spending 30 minutes a day to quickly do 6 daily quests is a grind, you are sadly mistaken.

^^^ this.

+1
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jarlsburg wrote: »
    What bothers me about the whole thing is they are slowing down your progression unless you pay them money. Yes you can get the items off the AH with AD, but someone somewhere paid money for that item to be on the AH. It is a cheap tactic to generate more money. For me, this had the opposite effect. I used to spend quite a bit on this game until I played through Feywild on the test server and heard about the BOP change that was coming at the same time. It was an eye opener and since then the wallet has been locked up (most of the time). When I pay money I want something in return, not just time shaved off a tedious task. Before I paid because I wanted to. Now it seems like I have to pay money or they will make the game as unenjoyable as they can. I said it many times before Feywild went live...It was just introduced to suck AD/money from the players.

I do not like the grind, but I will probably continue to do it (I think about giving up on it every day). If there were no pay2remove boredwalls I would deal with what the developers created and shut my mouth. I would realize the grind was put there because they wanted it to take a long time and that was just how it was going to be. Knowing the boredwalls are there just to force me to pay more for a game I already invested TONS in just pisses me off.

It is the same with BOP. If ALL tier armor was BOP I would shut my mouth. I wouldn't like it, but I would deal with it. A change like that would show me the developers want players to play the content and get their own gear. The fact that you can still get BOE tier gear just shows me that they wanted to manipulate the market so paying players will have to pay even more to get anything. This change does not affects me at all because all of my characters are fully geared and I have a few spare sets in my bank. I just don't like it because I think it is a cheap way to generate more sales and IMO it is hurting the game because not many people are running dungeons now.

PWE needs to let us play the game the way we want to play. If I want to fly through Feywild as fast as I can I should be able to. If I want to take 2 months and enjoy it that is my choice. Money should not factor into how fast I can complete EASY content. I'm not saying all the boredwalls need to be removed, I am just saying they went way too far with the amount they put in when there is really not that much content behind these walls. I put a lot of money into this game, and that was my choice. Keep pulling cheap stunts like these ones and I will just be a F2P player for the rest of my time here.

I know the company has to make money. Sell me things I want to buy and I will continue to pay. Develop new toys and different little trinkets instead of putting up paywalls. People would actually buy something as silly as the water balloon if it was in the Zen store for a decent price. Little things like that could make the company a lot of money. If that thing was in the Zen store for a buck or two you probably would have sold thousands. Just to clarify, I am fine with the way it was added to the game, I am just using it as an example. Little silly trinkets and gadgets would sell. They would be collectable items and would not impact the game in any P2W way. Introduce something NEW every so often and charge a REASONABLE price for it and many people will buy it.

Sorry, I got a bit off topic there at the end.

this whole "thing" that you're talking about is the f2p business model. instead of charging you a monthly subscription, they are offering items that tends to cater to the "instant gratification" crowd for a price. i mean really... this isn't p2w but more like p2wNOW because over time, i'll have the same things that these other players have today due to purchasing zen with real money.

and that's really the whole point. if you're looking to blow through content so you can move on to the next game, you have that option. it's just going to cost you.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't do all the Feywild dailies every day, just what I feel like doing when I feel like it. I accept whatever is available and hammer out multiples in a single session. Each NPC seems to have 2 quests, so you can actually save time by doing more quests less often.

What I do make sure I make time for is whacking just enough redcaps to collect 3 crystals and get my 10 sparks. That takes all of maybe 5-10 minutes. Also, because I have my pool of completed dailies from doing whatever, I've been able to claim a key every day so far, just for showing up and talking to the leprechaun. I don't feel obligated to use those keys every day, so I'm getting a nice little stack of them.

It's only grindy if you feel like you need to do everything now now NOW. I'll get there when I get there. Got lots of other stuff to keep me busy.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • metaplexusmetaplexus Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    that i after 20 day grinding fest will unlock in 10 days.,with my 1st toon!

Grinding fest? You get the sparks from the daily where you need to gather three dark fey crystals. It's 15 minutes of playing a day. Find something else to do for those hours the quest timer resets.

And don't forget 50 sparks from Arcane Reservoir!
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    yeah have to agree that sharandar dailies are not a grind, just need like 15 minutes of ur time and they are actually quite profitable with the ammount of enchants and blue drops u get.

I personnally was a bit disapointed that when i finally had the 9 seals and thought i could go into malabog realm i still needed 50 more sparks, so another 5 days more of darkfey cristal farming. What im doing now is actually still doing the 3 seedling dailies to open up the leprachaun to stack keys for the next zone, as i feel those 30 mins max i invest are rewarding coz of the drops as im fusing enchants and runes every day to put up in the ah.
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ximae wrote: »
    What im doing now is actually still doing the 3 seedling dailies to open up the leprechaun to stack keys for the next zone

You don't even need to do those dailies to get the free key from the leprechaun; just talk to him each day and he gives you a key. It also doesn't matter which zone you talk to him in, he gives you the same key.
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    if u havent got anything meaningful to say,dont say it?

That's exactly my point.