test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Am I the only one that just plays?

2»

Comments

• Options
    xabersedgexabersedge Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    tarmalen. you seem to be an over-educated 12 year old, and by that I mean fed redonko propaganda by your parents to make you think you deserve something in the outside world. Honestly everything you have said throughout this thread exemplifies what I was talking about. I would ask that either ease up or step out. You keep up like this and the flames will engulf you. It's all I can do to hold back. If you wanna play, play and enjoy. If you don't enjoy, the stfu and stop playing. with remarks like yours, you won't be terrible missed.
    sunElf_Rogue.png
  • Options
    duba11duba11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I love to play! I just can't decide what kind of gwf I love to run!
  • Options
    sturuckusprimesturuckusprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I like playing, I just wish that when they would fix bugs, they wouldn't break others. Trying to level up my alts in invisible instances. Trying to run dungeons with friends on my 60 only to have them so bugged you can't complete them. Attempting to run daily quests just to have the rewards bugged. Wanting so badly just to play but falling through floors, having my immersion broken by poorly rendered environments. All this makes it harder and harder to log back into a game that I really did love, and now it frustrates me. I don't know why I still play, except that maybe, just maybe they'll fix something and it'll stay fixed.
  • Options
    hwlrmnkyhwlrmnky Member Posts: 90
    edited September 2013
    seneca671 wrote: »
    Sometimes I notice that the forum threads are full of nerfs to this power or that power, or that this or that class is overpowered and here's why! Did you know that with the latest patch GWF are dead? TRs now rule? CW are now thrown out of every party? And so forth.

These things just roll off me like water off a duck's back. I'm a level 60 GWF who mostly does PVE. I guess it's true that sometimes my skills might go up or down slightly, but I never notice, I just do what I do. When I group and see where I fall in doing damage, it's usually somewhere in the middle, and that's all right with me. All this buzz, I just tune out - it has no impact on me.

Is it all PVPers or min-max dungeon grinders that get worked up about it? I'm honestly curious, as it seems like such a big part of some people's concerns, but has nothing to do with mine.

I am very much of a mind with you. I "just play."

I come to the forum for two reasons (1) to find game insight and (2) fight insomnia. I'm not joking about the latter; I discovered this with the Dragon Age 2 boards. Settle in bed and read complaints...I'm usually asleep within 20 minutes. It's like a verbal sound effect machine; instead of crashing waves or whale sounds, the rhythmic consistency and sameness of gamerwoe lulls me to somnolence.
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited September 2013
    the game just isnt fun after the first on-rails runthrough.
    edited September 2013
    GWF isn't dead. Sentinel build tanks 3-4 people, the dps gwf's aren't exactly overpowered though. CWs and DCs are kinda underpowered compared to the melee classes, that's true. especially GF.
  • Options
    starkphyrestarkphyre Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sad I just joined and am looking at fourms.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    seneca671 wrote: »
    Sometimes I notice that the forum threads are full of nerfs to this power or that power, or that this or that class is overpowered and here's why! Did you know that with the latest patch GWF are dead? TRs now rule? CW are now thrown out of every party? And so forth.

These things just roll off me like water off a duck's back. I'm a level 60 GWF who mostly does PVE. I guess it's true that sometimes my skills might go up or down slightly, but I never notice, I just do what I do. When I group and see where I fall in doing damage, it's usually somewhere in the middle, and that's all right with me. All this buzz, I just tune out - it has no impact on me.

Is it all PVPers or min-max dungeon grinders that get worked up about it? I'm honestly curious, as it seems like such a big part of some people's concerns, but has nothing to do with mine.

I main a DC and I play only PvE, almost always solo. I'm not a min-maxer or a dungeon-grinder or a PvPer. I "just play" but I do get mad at nerfs that make it more frustrating for me to do so, like large damage reductions on a 50-point daily that I used frequently and which was very helpful to me in PvE as a DC that prefers to do storyline quests alone. There have been quite a lot of other things that I don't notice and don't mind, but the things that are enough for me to notice and which make playtime frustrating -- those are the ones I complain over.

So I guess it depends on what class you're playing and how you're playing it. Just my thoughts.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    nwntalonnwntalon Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I just play for the sake of the game. I rarely notice any changes, except the odd decision to drop 4 daggers from the rogue (4 daggers either way makes very little difference). I play all 5 classes and each one still works great. I believe that most complaints come for the "hard-core" gamers that like max return for min effort. They should not be allowed to speak for the masses. All of this complaining about nerfs could have been avoided with less complaining about a class being over-powered.

Perhaps nerfs should only happen in pvp so as not to affect the average pver.
    Kildrak Gemviper - 60 GF
    Void Reaper - 60 CW
    Eliza Trickfoot - 60 TR
    Scarlet Maiden - 60 DC
    Timmy Orc-Bane - 60 GWF
    Ranger Jo - 20 HR