test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter reviews are coming in!

2»

Comments

• Options
    mistysummermistysummer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 38
    edited July 2013
    mark370 wrote: »
    It'd be nice to be able to play again, but I can't get the friggin game to even startup after the update.

Try an uninstall, then re-install.... That worked for me. :)
    Showscreation.png

"Blindness is a private matter between a person and the eyes they choose to use. For there are none so blind as those that do not listen dalharil"
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jeepin wrote: »
    http://thegamershub.net/2013/07/dungeons-dragons-neverwinter-review/

Painful to read. There are more gramatical and spelling errors than an 8th grade book report. I'm far from perfect and I rely on spellcheck A LOT! But it really detracts from the credibility of the review. First, it's LICH not LITCH. Second, "discovering that you ship has sunk and it’s just you left to save the world" ....Huh? Third, "Companions also feature in Neverwinter but need to be purchased with Zen" Not true....

Please for the love of all things good...If you are going to do a review, proof read it, give it to a friend to re-read it again, then call your school's English Teacher and have them proof read it.
    Well, seems like that review was done like a fast job to do. I am more disturbed by "Companions also feature in Neverwinter but need to be purchased with Zen" then any language/spelling errors.

I am fluent in Finnish and Swedish and have pretty good English language skills. That said for the first time my understanding is really tested when an UK company wants to hire me and their contract is more complicated then any other contract that I have seen. Anyway UK people patiently answered every question about the contract to my satisfaction.

Here is my country music and language is not even near English:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzGNWayhrZw

Finally I love UK movies like Doomsday(2008) and USA Hollywood movie industry produce many excellent movies.
  • Options
    furtharkfurthark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You guys are always asking for feedback, well here it is.

Overall your game is Moderate. Lacking in many areas, decent in some and fantastic in few.

Let's start with this event since it covers the overarching issue with the game. When you decided to design and implement this event, what crossed your mind? Because, while I like that anyone can Queue up and be a multilevel group, the loot is not level specific. Example, I take a Level 20 Rogue in, loot that drops is all Level 56-60, the majority leaning on 60, good to go. All Green (Uncommon), good to go. Now tell me please what the Hell am I supposed to do with Level 60 Gear, Uncommon at that at Level 20. Vender it? Sure, however it costs 125AD to "Identify" the **** gear and then to get a few coins for it. AH it? I spent 125AD, it is Green, way below even sub-par and I would be lucky to get 100AD for it. Well let's continue towards vendering it, you still get coins for it. Coins are good Mongo, Mongo likes coins. Just as with Mongo the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, there is nothing of use with your Coin system, I have tons of Gold that is rotting and with nothing of "VALUE" to truly spend it on. If we could convert Gold to AD then sure that would be freaken awesome but GOLD sucks in your game. So you have this event, and what are we getting out of it. Enchants. Yet the gear may not be level specific, but the Enchant drops sure as hell are! LOL!

You further announced the Lillend Companion drop. From now on I recommend that you announce or provide a freaken drop rate. Go back through my account and review how much REAL CASH I spent on your Zen Market and how many of those Profession Packs I purchased and tell me out of the TON of packs I opened, how many of those companions dropped? HOW MANY!? ZERO!

So do you want to know what is wrong with your game? That it is designed to take money with little to no true return. The content runs out shortly, it takes little to no time to level a toon, T1 and T2 are easily purchased, you channel anything worthwhile through marketing schemes, and yet if the prices were reasonable then I could see spending but the prices are outrageous and the return is minimal to none. Players advise on what is broken and yet two months pass and 75% of the issues remain, you suck at getting back to folks.

Fix the game. It will start decreasing in activity. How do I know? I am an extremely tolerant individual and always look for the best in things. I am already getting fed up with the game. I am sure that others less tolerant will start feeling frustrations a lot sooner. I started off with Ultima Online, the EQ Beta till WoW Beta and lasted in Wow until we dropped the Lich King. I quit the game because of issues like these. You are just starting, they were established. Do not be just another over night MMO that came and went, that was created to make a few bucks. Make a freaken game that matters.

Oh and one more thing, I tried to post these with the corresponding Blogs, "Please be the first to leave a comment" Zero Comments, well that's because you closed the comments down, you ask for input and yet close the comments down, this is because you do not want new comers to read complaints regardless of they are valid issues. New customers can read these types of comments if they want, however they must search for specifics in the forums, after they have had time to get to know the game and spend money on it. The Blog is too up front and visible and would detract or possibly discourage folks. We don't want to loose business or bother others with minute disgruntled players.

Thanks for reading. Take care.
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would like to see the experts comments after all the "changes".
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    walldohwalldoh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A few things are clear from this list of reviews:
    1) Some of the reviewers did not spend much in game time at all. The snippets are very vague in nature and some of the statements outright contradict the game experience. "as much...instances you could want"(seriously?) "the sheer amount of things to do" (no the amount of things to do is fairly static and funneled - you are very limited in the beginning (expected), about mid range things open up some more, and at level cap, you are once again fairly restricted. Put a filter of "useful/gainful" adjective before "things" so it reads "the sheer amount of gainful things to do at max range" and you find yourself grasping for straws. A couple of instances (useless once you get all your gear), a pvp experience that leaves me wanting to eat my own excrement to cleanse my palette, and the endless pursuit of currency through "same thing I did yesterday to gain AD" directly contradicts this.) "game that feels finished and refined" (please, almost anyone who has spent even a couple of hours in game has frozen, crashed, found themselves opening chests with nothing in them, entered PvP to find people who quit the team and aren't replaced, been thrown into a group in a dungeon or pvp only to find themselves in the instance without being a member of the party or kicked out immediately, and many other forms of unrefinement)

2) Cherry picking statements that show only the positive light - while a fairly standard business model is a lot like going to a used car dealership. Sure the custom wool covers on the seats are pretty, but don't sit in the seats, they are hiding the otherwise exposed sharp metal springs that will dig into your back after prolonged use.

This game could be a shining beacon. I do agree about the combat system being one of the best I have enjoyed. However, most of the "fixes" released are laden with items for the cash shop, no real fixes, a "fix" to one thing often results in the breaking of many other unrelated things (I mean come on, how basic is it to sort the auction house items by final cost and have it accurately display. This is the function of a database, not a game, yet make a "fix" to something else involving gameplay and suddenly your database searches break and remain broken through a couple of patches to date.

You have managed to obtain consolidate and distribute a series of praising snippets from outsiders who have given your product a very cursory look. Meanwhile where is this same consolidation and distribution of thoughts (good and bad) of your user base. You remember your users....they are the ones spending money keeping you in business, they are the ones who spend hours and hours with your product.

Here are some less than perfect snippets from some of the same reviews (and one added from an industry standard left off the list):
    "Too bad it
  • Options
    gorgothlgorgothl Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    great game 9/10 combat is amazing graphics are awesome only thing its missing is fireball!!!! cant have a wizard without fireball!!!!
  • Options
    bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Neverwinter reviews are coming in!

Hmm, i live in the UK and been playing 100's of MMOS' since EQ was on dial up, and i have not ever heard of any one of the names. blogs etc etc listed in the review list.

Why not post genuine reviews from well known gaming media sites and international gaming and MMO magazines ? i know for a fact there are 100's of reviews out there from 'real' reputable and well known publications, These are the ones that should be used than using , for me, realy obscure reviewers some without even having any conection at all to the MMO comunity.

'Collage news' LOL, seriously !

Hows about showing some 'real' reviews from 'real' people and companys who actualy work in and for the MMO community
  • Options
    scarretjescarretje Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nice but, the patch download takes to long.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    Neverwinter reviews are coming in! and i have not ever heard of any one of the names. blogs etc etc listed in the review list.
    Forbes... Escapist... very big names. It is true some reviews from other households such as IGN are not listed though... actually all reviews below 7-8 are not listed :)
  • Options
    m1ndfr1km1ndfr1k Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    this game is still ugly?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    m1ndfr1k wrote: »
    this game is still ugly?
    This is highly subjective. Granted a game like Guild Wars 2 has slightly better graphics however Guild Wars 2 has so high CPU requirements that it would bring most gaming laptops to their knees for example in huge Events like Mist PvP with 2000 players and some big PvE Events.

I bought this budget GAMING laptop in Mars 2012:
    Asus laptop:
    CPU: AMD A4-3300M 1,9 GHz (4 core)
    RAM: 8 Gb DDR3-1333
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6650M, 1 GB DDR3
    Screen: 15,6
    Native resolution for games: 1366 x 768
    Harddrive: 500 Gb SATA, 5400 rpm
    Price: 530 euros(good price/performance during that time and I needed a laptop computer for travels.)

Anyway even Gauntlgrym 20 vs 20 PvP and some PvE monsters in that mix is playable on the above laptop.
    What settings do I play with exactly? I have set Render Scale to maximum 100% since Visual quality has great impact how game looks including how clear.

The other slider Graphics I have greatly reduced and not even near max 100%, but I am still happy how the game looks. My real life friend has an older desktop computer however while his CPU is more powerful his graphi card supports only Direct X10 and he has only 3GB ram which makes my gaming laptop that has FULL support for Direct X11 graphics to run it better.

Ok even all maxed this is not Battlefield 3 standard however you should not compare best FPS games graphics to MMO RPG games. Neverwinter is not best graphics however it certainly is good enough and if you have decent hardware like Direct X11 graphic cards the game looks good enough to most players. This game is free(well at least no sub)and playable on many gaming laptops which is a blessing.
  • Options
    djdead71djdead71 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ya all the reviews are bought lol.
  • Options
    narzaxnarzax Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Only thing this game need..is a duel mode...arena...raid...and dual spec....otherwise after a few month ppl will get bored
  • Options
    namebrandsnamebrands Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    baudski wrote: »
    Have you ever heard of the concept links? You can post them in forums. Make use of your expertise and share. Thank you.

So maybe it's not as illustrious or as well known as "College News" but here is a recent review from PC Gamer.

http://www.pcgamer.com/review/neverwinter-review/

For the TLDR crowd here is a snippet: Sadly, what Neverwinter mostly does with this potential is waste it. Never have the Forgotten Realms been quite so forgettable. The main questline could be largely replaced by a box that says “Watch Netflix for 30 hours, then click here for a free hat.” The characters are personality vacuums with little to note but their awful accents.
  • Options
    pcgaming247toopcgaming247too Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Love the reviews. One thing I wish to add is that there is no game out there that is free to play that has the replay factor that this game has. You get one toon to lv 60 and then you want to start making another one right away. I have been a gamer my whole life and the thing that is truly hard to find is a game that does not get boring after you have completed it. Also this Action MMORPG, is so different then others in that you dont need to read any thing in order to feel part of the story and action. Yes there are plenty of things to read, but if your like me and love to run and gun most of the time, this game lets you do that and still fallow the storys and the in game content. Great work as for me/PCGaming247.com I give this game a 10/10 for the best Action MMORPG to date. Only game that reminds me of this in its feel is that of C9. Other then that Neverwinter is beautifully one of a kind.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Are u kidding?this game is
    Well to all this. Trickster Rogue is certainly not the only class that has been nerfed(weakened) since release. Question is rather what Cryptic will do about the overpowerful Control Wizard that will rule PvP together with Guardian Fighters? I have 2 Clerics and 1 Rogue so yes I wish Cryptic buff the Rogue slightly since it is seemed nerfed to much.

My list of top Foundry adventures without any spoilers!

My favorite Foundry content(in more or less alphabetic order):
    Bloody Pit Unchained
    Based more or less on Spartacus Blood and Sand TV series. As game rating is only Teens it has only partial nudity with slave girls however that is nice and some small elements to the fans of the TV series.

Call of the Wild(Campaign with 3 adventures)
    All I can say this has good story and my favorite monsters will not spoil what it is. As challenge goes the first part felt really easy the second adventure was slightly tougher and the the last third I have not played yet. If you like good story and to read this is good. It has enough combat to keep it interesting however do not expect tough challenge.

Cloak Tower: Cult of the Dragon
    Challenge is so hard it is meant for 2 players and it gives good challenge to 2 players. If you
    have some 15k or more gear score character well this it the toughest Foundry adventure I have played so you can try it solo with your super character.
    Scarlet Library
    I played almost 4 years World of Warcraft and this is a remake of Scarlet Library one of my favorite WOW Dungeons. Challenge is reduced so it fits for one player however I had very fun with my real life friend when I did on purpose get aggro from 15-20 enemies at the same time.
    This is Action and Hack/Slash! Lots of it and I love it! Graphic environment is very good remake of the WOW Dungeon.

The Return to Azerothia
    This is a the sequel to Scarlet Library however it had one annoying secret door/switch and not as good as Scarlet Library is to me however I did not regret playing it though wasted 15 minutes figuring out how to continue.
    The Book of The Dead
    Horror genre based on the very old movie the first Evil Dead movie from the 80ies. It has some elements indeed from that movie however and interesting.

The Dweomerkeepers
    NOTE I have only played 2nd adventure so far in this campaign!
    This is like reading a good book! The author impressed me with knowledge however interesting. I also liked to hear about Gods and no surprise since I have 2 Clerics and 1 Rogue character. As challenge goes I played with my Cleric that now has roughly 9.3k gearscore. I did not die however I did have to use healing potions. Most fights were easy though. To be complete honest I jumped directly to second adventure since first adventure does not grant dayly Foundry reward. Second adventure was good except I wasted 10 minutes searching for an item. I warmly recommend this campaign for those who like to read a lot.

EDIT: Now I have played third adventure in this campaign. One thing that comes forward in these both(2nd and 3rd) adventures that I have played is also how well and with detail maps are designed. The story is also rich. In this third adventure in the campaign the end battle was interesting and it had challenge and I needed a healing potion with my Cleric with now gearscore 9,4k+ though I did not die.

The Lair of Kheneka
    Excellent challenge! I did this with one of my Hybrid PvE/PvP Clerics with gs 10.89k currently. If you go to the right from quest path you will find a trigger on the wall. It warns you that this content is not wise to do solo. I went there solo. Rushed in confident with healing potions. I got slaughtered. Second time I tried to use advanced tactics and figure out what to kill first etc. I won after a long fight. All fights after
    this optional sidething to rescue were more easy.
    + Challenge
    + Interesting enemy spells. I am not going to spoil it but you and your NPC companion can be affected
    by slightly funny spell.
    + 22 minutes average play time so not to short or to long adventure.
    + No annoying puzzles and 0 bugs found.
    Neutral: Since my Cleric is good healer the optional fight was time consuming.
    Neutral: This is hack/slash. If you want really deep story or much text this adventure will not have that.
    - The only complaint I have that there could be more variety in monsters.
    If you have 14k+ gear try charge to that optional room and kill them all! I rate this adventure to 4.5 stars excellent!

Tired of Being a Hero?
    Recommended by the Gamespy reviewer.
    Do you want to play Evil? Interesting change of role however challenge felt very hard I died a couple of times and used lots of potions. You could rename this to tired of easy Foundry challenge?

Whispers from the Void
    Recommended by the Gamespy reviewer. I have not tried it yet however I like horror and this is more or less Lovecraft story based horror.

EDIT Now I have played it with a Cleric gs 9k+. As challenge goes slightly tougher then Call of the Wild campaigns first adventure that said not very hard or challenging. That said it has interesting horror elements though it is more Lovecraft based Mystery then horror. Lots of text and story to read. Since I am horror fan I will keep it among my top list.
  • Options
    xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    review on customer support and fixing/NOT creating new bugs 1/100
  • Options
    yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    Well to all this. Trickster Rogue is certainly not the only class that has been nerfed(weakened) since release. Question is rather what Cryptic will do about the overpowerful Control Wizard that will rule PvP together with Guardian Fighters? I have 2 Clerics and 1 Rogue so yes I wish Cryptic buff the Rogue slightly since it is seemed nerfed to much.

Rogues were nerfed too much? Wiz rule pvp?

Rogues have an INVULNERABILITY to all dmg.. and their lashing blade can crit in excess of 20000 dmg. Theres a reason theres never less than 2 rogues in a pvp match if youre pugging. The majority of the people out there who wanna play the 1 shot kill kinda class in pvp are rogues.

Edit.. lets not even MENTION impact shot.
    I have a rogue, i pvp with my rogue, i kill any wiz i run into that doesnt avoid my Lashing blade. PEriod.

Learn to play.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Rogues were nerfed too much? Wiz rule pvp?

Rogues have an INVULNERABILITY to all dmg.. and their lashing blade can crit in excess of 20000 dmg. Theres a reason theres never less than 2 rogues in a pvp match if youre pugging. The majority of the people out there who wanna play the 1 shot kill kinda class in pvp are rogues.

Edit.. lets not even MENTION impact shot.
    I have a rogue, i pvp with my rogue, i kill any wiz i run into that doesnt avoid my Lashing blade. PEriod.

Learn to play.
    It was not me who was most distressed it was shadowstrike who:s comments were removed. INT based rogue or stealth based invisible rogues builds are NOT nerfed. I don't use stealth based and I can clearly see that you do since you think Impact shot is so good. My build is an older build that is NOT based on INT invisibility or stealth. Yesterday my Rogue actually luckily was best in level 50-59 range. Further rogue discussion belongs to Class Forums and not here. I also suggest that you learn some manners even though YOUR build has not been nerfed.

Here is an idea to Cryptic. Make a huge nerf to impact shot and the Dayly power Lurker Assault. Nether nerf of them would not disturb my Rogue and the chicken hide INT based Rogue would be nerfed.