test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF Frustration

2»

Comments

• kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited September 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Nope. Simple as that. You think you should be top damage while you wave your little wimpy hands and spout some mumbo jumbo from 80 feet away? You don't top damage of a GWF who is trained in the art of mass carnage, wielding a ton of Steel and is waist deep in 10 mobs.

You should go pick some flowers. I hear there is a Festival for girly men.

As it stands now yes they should be on top. I'm not saying should as in they deserve to be on top, but should as in GWFs are having AP problems which is slowing their dps. Be sure to hop into the other thread and tell them your dps is fine b/c so many other GWFs are screaming that you are gimps and worthless in dungeons.

I like the role playing btw.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    As it stands now yes they should be on top. I'm not saying should as in they deserve to be on top, but should as in GWFs are having AP problems which is slowing their dps. Be sure to hop into the other thread and tell them your dps is fine b/c so many other GWFs are screaming that you are gimps and worthless in dungeons.

I like the role playing btw.

We are having AP generation problems. I have been shouting in every thread. I can still do monster AOE dps but when all things are equal, TRs now put out more damage in a run than I can due to that limitation on AP.
  • omenjsjomenjsj Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    My guild mate steamroller is a 13k GS GWF and is normally #1 and sometimes #2 behind our CW's at end of run by 100k or so. If you are not doing equal damage to a CW or more than a TR, then the CW is not sing right and bunching up the mobs.

Lasts nights run:

GWF/CW - 12Mil each
    ME (GF) 10.5 Mil
    our TR in PvP Perma-stealth - 7Mil
    DC - 3Mil with just auto attacks /lol

Also last night we 3 manned first 2 bosses:
    Steamroller - GWF
    Me - GF
    Dak - DC

With equal geared team mates in properly built DPS PvE builds we all do around the same damage of 10-11Mil. The only time one class has a large differences than others is if a player is under geared or CW's are not singling correctly.

No offense but you and your group must be doing t1's or something. Anyhow your point on equal geared team, is very true, saying that...no offense but your CW is horrid and definatly the TR is horrid. I will give you the pvp stealth build, but I have TR's in my guild with same type build or some kind of defense build that still blow our GF out of the water.

I will give you an example...I am 13k+ gs running a dest dps spec. Even though I am in that spec I can still tank T2's simply based on I know how to play my class (ie..no alts, no other toons to worry or monkey with). When tanking I will run 2 pc Titan, and 2 piece vigilant and or new zone +450 crit set.

We ran a late night guild group on T2 spider last night. After final boss
    TR 10.8k gs/ hybrid build...26 mil
    CW 11k gs....24 mil
    GWF (Me) ..22 mil
    CW 11.5k gs (dc'd through half the dungeon and dead through most of final boss) 18 mil
    DC 12k gs ....15 mil

Just off the top of my head.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    omenjsj wrote: »
    No offense but you and your group must be doing t1's or something. Anyhow your point on equal geared team, is very true, saying that...no offense but your CW is horrid and definatly the TR is horrid. I will give you the pvp stealth build, but I have TR's in my guild with same type build or some kind of defense build that still blow our GF out of the water.

I will give you an example...I am 13k+ gs running a dest dps spec. Even though I am in that spec I can still tank T2's simply based on I know how to play my class (ie..no alts, no other toons to worry or monkey with). When tanking I will run 2 pc Titan, and 2 piece vigilant and or new zone +450 crit set.

We ran a late night guild group on T2 spider last night. After final boss
    TR 10.8k gs/ hybrid build...26 mil
    CW 11k gs....24 mil
    GWF (Me) ..22 mil
    CW 11.5k gs (dc'd through half the dungeon and dead through most of final boss) 18 mil
    DC 12k gs ....15 mil

Just off the top of my head.

You are comparing different dungeons which have different amounts of total damage. The #'s I've posted on are of MC and the players damage should be around 10-12Mil ea.
  • tiggolbittytiggolbitty Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Figured it out, im back at the top. Not by a lot but im top.

MC: Going into last boss with few tab bugs I am way ahead of TR by 1.8 mil on average. The CW's are much closer or beating me by a 100k going into last boss. But I beat CW single target and pull way ahead, and the gap between the TR's and I is too big for them to come back and beat me. I end up over 13mil at the end with no wipes or bugs.

What did I do? Two words...Perfect lightning.

I use WMS mainly, for encounters, Not so Fast, Restoring strike and Indomitable Strike. Switching out Not so Fast for Flourish on single boss fights (MC). Daily=Spinning Strike and Avalanche of Steel for the knockdown if we are having trouble. Class features=Destroyer/Steel Blitz, swap out Steel Blitz for Weapon Master on single boss fight. I use 4 piece Avatar of war set, but will try the new set when I get my 4th piece later today or tomorrow. I can craft the new sword in a day or so as well and see how much farther ahead I get. I am also considering crafting another sword for a greater vorpal enchant for single boss fights.

P.S. one of my TR's can almost beat me using Swashbuckler set on last boss and uses the new crafted T3 weapon/offhand. Once I get the new weapon set it shouldn't be as close.
    edited September 2013
    Figured it out, im back at the top. Not by a lot but im top.

MC: Going into last boss with few tab bugs I am way ahead of TR by 1.8 mil on average. The CW's are much closer or beating me by a 100k going into last boss. But I beat CW single target and pull way ahead, and the gap between the TR's and I is too big for them to come back and beat me. I end up over 13mil at the end with no wipes or bugs.

What did I do? Two words...Perfect lightning.

I use WMS mainly, for encounters, Not so Fast, Restoring strike and Indomitable Strike. Switching out Not so Fast for Flourish on single boss fights (MC). Daily=Spinning Strike and Avalanche of Steel for the knockdown if we are having trouble. Class features=Destroyer/Steel Blitz, swap out Steel Blitz for Weapon Master on single boss fight. I use 4 piece Avatar of war set, but will try the new set when I get my 4th piece later today or tomorrow. I can craft the new sword in a day or so as well and see how much farther ahead I get. I am also considering crafting another sword for a greater vorpal enchant for single boss fights.

P.S. one of my TR's can almost beat me using Swashbuckler set on last boss and uses the new crafted T3 weapon/offhand. Once I get the new weapon set it shouldn't be as close.

Steam has his T3 weapon with P.Vorpal and he says it hits alot harder than the CN T2.5. Glad to see another GWF has figured out how to beat all others in MC.
  • draenargrdraenargr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    you are the most correct on our problem my friend. i play a Great Weapon Fighter 12.4k gear score in Dragon server, and i am facing the excact same problems...
    edited September 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Steam has his T3 weapon with P.Vorpal and he says it hits alot harder than the CN T2.5. Glad to see another GWF has figured out how to beat all others in MC.

Thanks dkcandy
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    See but this highlights the problem....
    Talking about perfect lightning a.. Perfect vorpals...

GWF need to be absolute elite in gear to compete.. Against others that don't..

And there are a few people in my guild in beholder that no matter what gear your packing you won't top them in dps..

3*cws and 1*tr that do outrageous dps.. Normally sit around 13-15M at the the of a MC run.. No matter your gear or skill as a GWF can u compete with these
    edited September 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    See but this highlights the problem....
    Talking about perfect lightning a.. Perfect vorpals...

GWF need to be absolute elite in gear to compete.. Against others that don't..

And there are a few people in my guild in beholder that no matter what gear your packing you won't top them in dps..

3*cws and 1*tr that do outrageous dps.. Normally sit around 13-15M at the the of a MC run.. No matter your gear or skill as a GWF can u compete with these

Pretty much everyone I run with in my guild are Perfects in Rank 8+ enchants and why our damage is pretty much all equal. At the end of the run when you look at "damage done" that does not show "DPS (Damage Per Second) and this is why you need a combat log parser. When you take the parser you can see the overall DPS or even break down boss fights and see players DPS for those encounters.

The GWF has always been #1 over the entire run for DPS due to the large packs and a good CW being a team player. CW's that don't care about team DPS can knocks mobs all over the place and pad their DPS but it's at large team DPS decrease.

The difference between 1st and 4th for DPS is normally only 1-2k and that could be a players death, etc... Also testing on target dummies doesn't give you a real value as you don't have all of the debuffs from your entire party or the lost of DPS moving around.

So if your serious about imporving your teams DPS, you need to stack debuffs such as Terror, GPF, 4pc bonus sets and you'll see amazing damage.
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    ^^ lol I can hit a GS of more than 15k.. I tested perfect vorpal for months and tbh I really think its overrated so I dropped it..

I am using perfect bronzewood ATM and I have gpf sitting in storage in case I change..

Look at my post of my build I'm stacking mostly 9s
    I can hit 12-13M in MC but these guildies still pull away
    edited September 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    ^^ lol I can hit a GS of more than 15k.. I tested perfect vorpal for months and tbh I really think its overrated so I dropped it..

I am using perfect bronzewood ATM and I have gpf sitting in storage in case I change..

Look at my post of my build I'm stacking mostly 9s
    I can hit 12-13M in MC but these guildies still pull away

I'm 16k GS but GS doesn't really matter. P.Vorpal is BiS enchant for Damage if you have 20%+ CRT Chance. That's a flat 10% damage increase (/w TR in party you'll have 25% CRT = 12.5% dmg increase) and no weapon enchant comes close to this increase anymore. (GPF used to be a 15% damage increase but it's been nerfed to 9%)

I've tested almost every Perfect Version of weapon enchants on the test server and most of them have the same damage range of 6-9% damage increase. Some seem to preform a lot better that others and your class/play style.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I want a perfect lightning one day. The light show alone would be worth the drop in DPS.
  • kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Impressive stuff..my daughter Angelbane is GWF. I was surprised how slow her dailies come up. She solos. She managed to purchase some purple gear but I guess she can't do that anymore. Thanks for all the info she gets on this forum. The builds really help on our very small budget.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    I'll go greater vorpal in a second sword for single boss fights. I pull so much farther ahead in dmg over other classes in aoe than I did using vorpal the entire run.
  • timesvolenttimesvolent Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have a 13.7k gear score and used to top dmg meters by a lot.... Give us Slam back and fix unstoppable and I will go away.

You mean, 'and you WONT go away.' Lol..
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Likewise... year-old thread.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Dat necro for real yo!
  • fr3akout3fr3akout3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 72
    edited October 2014
    Wrong section sorry