test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fabled Iliyanbruen Helmet <- Is this a joke?

k4pnkrunchk4pnkrunch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I finally was able to purchase the 'Fabled Iliyanbruen Helmet' for 140 seals of the dark fey. This is the 'best of the best' helm for my class (rogue) and I was VERY excited to see how the devs would surprise me with their design.

..Then when I put it on, I get THIS <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!?
TxrsEiU.jpg
koioOVj.jpg
That's another character stopping to laugh at me while taking a screenshot.

It looks like an ugly farmers hat with a rooster tail stuck in it. It makes my character bald and OVERWRITES HER FACE.
This doesn't match the rest of the set AT ALL! I am extremely disappointed with the appearance of this helm..

I know what you're thinking.. "Just transmute it then!"

That's not the point. The helm of this set for female rogues removes the hair, overwrites the characters face, and most importantly doesn't match the rest of the gear at all. After seeing the awesome gear all the NPC's are wearing I was expecting something like an upgraded Battlefield Skulker's set. I can't be the only one disappointed here. Cryptic devs, can you please consider revamping the graphics on this?
Harlequinn - Lvl 60 Trickster Rogue
[EX]Officer - Order of the Raven
Post edited by k4pnkrunch on

Comments

• Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    With the name Harlequinn I think its fitting. But the fact that when you put on a headpiece you go bald is really odd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yeah really I can learn to appreciate the farmer hat, but the baldness.. I mean I view my character from the back the whole time and I look like some kind of alien with a bean for a head. When you start inspecting it becomes immediately clear that my character is now strangely bald, and takes away from the synchronicity of the whole set.
  • Options
    raptorskyfireraptorskyfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    That helm looks outrageous... and hair clipping and face changing is terrible.
    Part of Storm-Shore, a RP/PvE guild. http://www.stormshore.com/

I have many alts, I am a class and race rainbow.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Here's some more pics after I dyed it with Sylvan Grove dye.

AqaYXGM.jpg
    The helm actually looks kind of cool from the front. Would have preferred something that actually matched, but I could get used to that..

LXHiaPE.jpg
    THIS. THIS I cannot get used to. Like WTF is that?! Why am I bald!??!
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That's not her actual face; it's a full-face mask. You can (barely) see the area around her eyes isn't in the same plane as her skin would be -- it's resting on top. Some other purple-level TR hats also have full-face masks like this.

That said, many hats / helms remove character hair because it would clip terribly otherwise -- e.g. nearly all DC helms, all hood-style CW hats, etc -- but in this case it's not necessary to remove hair for the hat to look right. Could be that it was right when they tested it but came out wrong once put onto the live shards, because they definitely would have noticed that. I know certain individual items (not just item types) can be set not to remove hair because I've seen that on a couple of DC things, so I'd post it as a graphics / equipment bug report.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    k4pnkrunch wrote: »
    O.o He really is laughing.

vcEtBTw.jpg
    The horror
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I will be filing an equipment bug report for the helm, as well as the glitched 'apron' on the chest that does not dye with the rest of the armor as you may notice.
  • Options
    bloodwerkbloodwerk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Atleast it looks somewhat dfferent the cleric one is recycled <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    vheeshanevheeshane Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    your ears appear to be missing as well
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    vheeshane wrote: »

That's what it is! That's what has been driving me nuts. Something about it didn't seem right and I didn't know what it was. This completely explains why this helm is a mistake.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    vheeshane wrote: »

I guess ears are now optional. :)
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    ******* lol
  • Options
    korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited September 2013
    Not really a fan of this at all especially since I would be staring at that part of the character most of the time. I really do not care about the design but the bald earless head I will be looking at most of the time is a bummer. I do hope that they address this in the future somehow.
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    i see where the inspiration came from...

madhatter_1700.jpg
  • Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    That's..... wow :p
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Almost died when I saw that xD

Please Cryptic, if I could just have my ears and my hair back I'd be content, but if you could just go back to the drawing board with this helmet, that'd be great,
  • Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    that reminds me btw what i am missing. a feature to PREVIEW gear before buying it or putting it on or putting it into the change look window. something like press ctrl and left click and item to open you char view with that item put on. you cannot buy anything for transmuting currently in the ah because you don't even know how it might look like on your character.
  • Options
    bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I for one welcome our new bald earless Loki farmer overlords.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • Options
    lhachmacarlhachmacar Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That's really going to impact your Listen/Perception checks, depending on edition.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    rather than this attempt at ridiculing the company for an obvious bug, what about doing something more constructive like submitting a bug report?
  • Options
    ufoalienufoalien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    looks like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    rather than this attempt at ridiculing the company for an obvious bug, what about doing something more constructive like submitting a bug report?

I think the reason they are ridiculing it is BECAUSE it's such an obvious bug.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You know, if there were hair clipping issues they could just remove the hat. I think just the mask would be pretty cool (alongside with your hair and ears, of course).
  • Options
    feiergiantfeiergiant Member Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    So I finally was able to purchase the 'Fabled Iliyanbruen Helmet' for 140 seals of the dark fey. This is the 'best of the best' helm for my class (rogue) and I was VERY excited to see how the devs would surprise me with their design.

..Then when I put it on, I get THIS <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!?
    TxrsEiU.jpg
    koioOVj.jpg

It looks like an ugly farmers hat with a rooster tail stuck in it. It makes my character bald and OVERWRITES HER FACE.
    This doesn't match the rest of the set AT ALL! I am extremely disappointed with the appearance of this helm..

I know what you're thinking.. "Just transmute it then!"

That's not the point. The helm of this set for female rogues removes the hair, overwrites the characters face, and most importantly doesn't match the rest of the gear at all. After seeing the awesome gear all the NPC's are wearing I was expecting something like an upgraded Battlefield Skulker's set. I can't be the only one disappointed here. Cryptic devs, can you please consider revamping the graphics on this?

haha omg this helmet is just a disgrace
  • Options
    dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    if anyone got GWF set pieces, please post screens aswell
  • Options
    audioggaudiogg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is the 'best of the best' helm for my class (rogue)

In what dimension?
  • Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited September 2013
    Your right, that is really ugly, but in a fun way :D
    Wonder why they thought baldness to be a good idea.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Disciple of Van Gogh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    fakatik wrote: »
    O.o He really is laughing.

vcEtBTw.jpg
    The horror

It looks like you also lost your ears...