test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hopeing for Halloween event.

nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Anyone think there is going to be an event for Halloween? Just thing of the possibilities,the dead and undead converging on Neverwinter,ghost hunts,costumes,they could even make fun and serious events. Think they have something planned or am I just getting my hopes up?
Post edited by nightspiritg on

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    With the way they have been going with events, I'm guessing at least a small event.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A real Dead Man's Party

with a skeleton band and dancing zombies :eek:
    we can chase ghosts looking for the one with the middle initial "Q"
  • Options
    nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    love the Dead Mans Party theme,new music for a limited time.
  • Options
    korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited September 2013
    I think it is a definite possibility. They do have plenty of things to play with for a Halloween themed event. I mean a game with costumes not doing Halloween C,mon :P.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Maybe there'll be transmuting skull and zombie heads for your helmet with a black skeleton outfit....
    and a witch outfit
    and rideable brooms (temporary) :p
  • Options
    axis40axis40 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    what has this game come to....lol
  • Options
    duthgar1976duthgar1976 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    im hoppeing Kelevemor will be the halloween event
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think that it is a little early to be speculating about Halloween.. after all there are only 113 days until christmas!!
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    i would like to see all events put on hold and see some fixes to the multitude of broken content in this game.
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Neverdeath would be as good of place as any to get something going even if there is no official events. Create your own fun if needed.
  • Options
    whoregutwhoregut Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    I think that it is a little early to be speculating about Halloween.. after all there are only 113 days until christmas!!

BOOOOO Christmas. Halloween is a much better holiday.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    bubba1966 wrote: »
    i would like to see all events put on hold and see some fixes to the multitude of broken content in this game.
    It's events such as the one we are about to have that makes us forget that anything is broken :rolleyes:

Who's up for drinking fermented Witch's Brew and go TPing ceryndrion's house!!?!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    valwryn wrote: »
    It's events such as the one we are about to have that makes us forget that anything is broken :rolleyes:

It is true. It is what we call the "Roman Colosseum" fix.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    *****gut wrote: »
    BOOOOO Christmas. Halloween is a much better holiday.

sure *****....cant even say your name
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    guys we are here in middle of summer in neverwinter and in city snow fall's what do you think ??
    maybe faerun have global heating bug:)? or ozone are disapear ower neverwinter too my inferno'S - too many smoke:)
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    valwryn wrote: »
    It's events such as the one we are about to have that makes us forget that anything is broken

how true. Bait and Switch on developers part, and denial on ours. Sad, but true.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I was surprised they didn't hold the Ghost companion till Halloween times. But then again im not super familiar with Forgotten Realms holidays so..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I would love to see a Halloween event that revolved around dark fey and spirits rather than traditional undead.

Heck, maybe even bring in a non-evil vampire as the host, or perhaps even a non-evil lich who send us to the shadow realm or some other plane to partake in tasks and stuff.

The suggestion of using Neverdeath graveyard as the hub for the event would also work well. Populate some areas w/ special mobs and have us undertake tasks in the name of Kelemvor...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    andrewoz92andrewoz92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Possibly a Trick or Treat event? like you go to all the random doors and get like a lockbox kinda thing and its a random loot chance, also daily
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Cryptic has been pretty solid on providing all kinds of holiday events. Granted some are better then others, but the good ones have always generally been very good.

CO's first Halloween event, Bloodmoon, became popular enough to become a fairly regular event in its own right. And I still remember STO's Halloween inspired featured episode, What lies beneath. I still cant get Bonnie-kin out of my head to this day.

The summerfest has been a hoot. Im looking forward to more.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    i never get why people do this silly events....such a waste of time,they take no skill go play dress lady gaga
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yea, because having something fun and entertaining. In our entertainment media...you know, the game. Is just so out of place. I forgot to engage super serious mode while playing...err, I mean while being super serious. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    y girl i dont get ya tho.why you play online competitive games then.competition is serious.why is serious not fun,if you dont pvp can you give me your loot then so i dont have to pve lol.think abouth it you dont need more than rank 7 to pve...i buy you every new dress that comes out you give me the loot k .... so just give me the money lol.
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Drugs are bad.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yea, because having something fun and entertaining. In our entertainment media...you know, the game. Is just so out of place. I forgot to engage super serious mode while playing...err, I mean while being super serious. :rolleyes:

An event can be both fun AND rewarding. For instance, let's say they had a repeatable quest that had a chance of giving a "haunted" enchantment shard and some other suitably themed gear. The gear could be on par w/ T1/T2 gear, and in-theme w/ Halloween, (or Forgotten Realms' equivalent). They could also have a variety of consummables that provide nice temporary bonuses and some fashion items. Players could partake in all or just some of the event, or ignore it completely if it didn't interest them...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    City of Heroes had some of the best events in any MMO (IMO), the Halloween event was especially popular, it had door-to-door trick or treating, special costumes, combat and more. I really miss the CoH events. Luckily, a few of the CoH Devs now work on Neverwinter. Matt "Positron" Miller, the lead Dev from CoH is now on the Cryptic team (which makes sense considering that CoH was originally a Cryptic product).

I think that the events we have already enjoyed are a direct result of having people from the CoH team here with us, and it makes me very optimistic for future events. I just hope the Halloween Event is 1/2 as good as CoHs, that will still be a huge WIN for all of us.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd be quite surprised if they don't hold some event for Halloween , I'm guessing it will probably be similar to the Invasion event , if so get ready for super lagggggg.... ( that's if there's anybody left playing by then :X )
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    I was surprised they didn't hold the Ghost companion till Halloween times. But then again im not super familiar with Forgotten Realms holidays so..
    I was thinking the same thing about the Leprechaun and St Patrick's day
  • Options
    glithanesglithanes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    All true AAA MMO's have Halloween event so I expect them to.
    However Cryptic is owned my PWE now so I would expect for Halloween and xmas that while they have limited events they will have holiday cash shop items as well appearance costumes etc
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Our current event is....blah. What is there to do after you made your costume and/or get the weapons? Really you log in once a day, get the token then log off. Now, it is a nice break from the bad dungeons, DC'ing, glitches, etc, but seems more like a weekend event rather then a month long event. After the first few days, the only thing left is the once a day token for the mount.
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    *****gut wrote: »
    Our current event is....blah. What is there to do after you made your costume and/or get the weapons? Really you log in once a day, get the token then log off. Now, it is a nice break from the bad dungeons, DC'ing, glitches, etc, but seems more like a weekend event rather then a month long event. After the first few days, the only thing left is the once a day token for the mount.

Wow. Is *everything about Lo0t for you? If that's what you're all about, I can think of another MMO that you should try, and leave this one be.