What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hopeing for Halloween event.

2»

Comments

• whoregutwhoregut Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    litaaers wrote: »
    Wow. Is *everything about Lo0t for you? If that's what you're all about, I can think of another MMO that you should try, and leave this one be.

Please, enlighten me on the things to do other then grind for loot? You grind away on the mini events for?? You gather flowers, get pissed at people ninja'ing yours, for? You kill trolls and chase chickens for? You do a quest that is once a day for? Please, help me understand your view on this event not being about getting lot.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    *****gut wrote: »
    Please, enlighten me on the things to do other then grind for loot? You grind away on the mini events for?? You gather flowers, get pissed at people ninja'ing yours, for? You kill trolls and chase chickens for? You do a quest that is once a day for? Please, help me understand your view on this event not being about getting lot.

Most folks believe that there is only two sides of a coin, some only want to see one side. In reality there are three sides to a coin. We can't help you to understand why some enjoy these events.
    To fully appreciate these events requires an *Imagination*. There are many things one can do with an *Imagination*, such as those naked dancers found on another topic. If you just grind all day then it may seem pointless:p
  • whoregutwhoregut Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    valwryn wrote: »
    Most folks believe that there is only two sides of a coin, some only want to see one side. In reality there are three sides to a coin. We can't help you to understand why some enjoy these events.
    To fully appreciate these events requires an *Imagination*. There are many things one can do with an *Imagination*, such as those naked dancers found on another topic. If you just grind all day then it may seem pointless:p

In short, RP.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
  • praetorian1979praetorian1979 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What the heck is happening to MMO's now a days ? "I want a halloween event" "do we get pumpkin companions" "I want a new spider mount" "I want, I want, I want" wtf...

This is AD&D, Blizzard screwed up this genre in so many degree's it is sickening.

Where is my Neverwinter that I use to know, where it was just the adventure there counted.
  • ulkaurulkaur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You can blame the early MMO's for people's attitudes about gain and greed. When EQ first came out, you had plenty of story to sift through, but people did nothing all day but camp rare spawns for drops. The developers saw it and ran with it. When WoW was on the horizon, the developers said loot was not going to matter, but after the game released, it all became about the tier loot.

Believe it or not, players often get what they ask for in a game. It is often followed by regret, or more demands.

Neverwinter is not a bad game, but it could still use some improvement, such as mount tabs, the ability to donate diamonds to the guild for inventory unlocks, enchanting and transmuting costs, and overall pve balancing.

That doesn't mean they should ignore the idea of having fun events.