test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

One more nerf to Cleric : Forgemaster Flame. GG devs.

Comments

• brush4toiletbrush4toilet Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    in the streaming yesterday, they said 4 extensions till end of 2014. Let's see...

but by the way, i don't really understand why they don't take care of us as much as we are a necessity for dungeons and clerics are less and less played...
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Because we dont make so much fuss as... some other class. And that is because there is less clerics as you noticed. And that is because... guess why.
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    OR, maybe maaaayyyyyybe because nobody made a thread on the "Bug Reports" section of this forum.

May that be one of the reasons? :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    At last FF will be fixed soon :/ but we are too weak atm ( if you do the healing only ) so atm we can only wait for some other news, but prob they will not change it. We are the less class play, is normal that no one care about us. I'm thinking to trash the DC and start to use more my GWF, at last i will have some fun on kick *** mob :(
    edited August 2013
    I count this as a part of "we dont make so much fuss".
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    OR, maybe maaaayyyyyybe because nobody made a thread on the "Bug Reports" section of this forum.

May that be one of the reasons? :p

I did that last time after the patch, HoF dind't gave any AP for a short time. Which is now fixed.
    signature-lili.png
  • carouselcarousel Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was wondering what was going on!! I thought it was just me "playing the class wrong." I hope this FF bug is fixed in this patch today!

That said, I really need to study up on how to become more DPS-focused rather than healing-focused (I'm still on that kick based on other MMOs). I'll browse around the forums but if anyone wants to help me in-game message Innocence@SeamusDS.
    the world is not beautiful; therefore, it is. - kino no tabi
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Might help to let peeps know what server you're on, too.
  • xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I realy hope that will be fixed ... but the patch today didn't do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reshaimreshaim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've wrote a post about Forgemaster Flame and Flamestrike issues in the bug section, could you please share your thoughts there also?
    Thanks! :)
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • clearlyavirginclearlyavirgin Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    A simple set up I use in pvp to survive.

Break the spirit, healing word, and astral shield.

Break the spirit along with brand of the sun cuts the enemies damage output along with crit output.

Then if you are even a half decent cleric you should know that you aren't meant to be on the front lines.
    Stand behind your party members, use them as human/half-orc/half-elf/elf/halfing/dwarf/tiefling shields.

Of course lastly, don't pug as a cleric. It never ends well.
    edited August 2013
    Because break the spirit (with brand of the sun) reduce crit/damage so much, riiight. And staying behind prevents CWs from choking cleric with entangling force, TRs from throwing daggers or backstabing us etc..
    And dont pug with cleric. If you want win, you need a team that can win without you.
  • gudgeonatorgudgeonator Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    According to the reported effect of break the spirit, it's (at max rank) a 30% reduction in the target's damage output. Add the 5% damage reduction from a feated brand of the sun (power of the sun), and the 5% crit reduction for same, that seems to be a fairly substantial 35% damage reduction before counting the 5% crit reduction. Combine with astral shield and a healing word, and 'why you die bro?'.

Of course - that's all assuming these stack and work the way a normal human upon reading tooltips would be led to believe, which is not something I'd automatically assume about the neverwinter tooltips. It's easy to get the impression that they are left ambiguous so a bug can be retained as an intended feature, or a feature nerf massaged away as a bug fix. In any case - I'm going to try out break the spirit a bit for this purpose with my unspent power points.
  • modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    ulviel wrote: »
    Modimor, if you like the recent patch, I'm happy for you, but not every cleric likes to be a healbot only.Of course I heal most dungeons, but there are other things like, lets say, the new skirmish, where if you have to heal at all, it means your team is rather weak. And just out of curiosity, what do you use when running solo? Because a) sunburst nerfed (doesnt hurt me so much since I was using it for toss mostly, but hey, its one of our not so numerous dmg skills), b) HoF nerfed to the point its just a waist of slot, c)Flame strike was weak as for daily and now it doesnt crit d) FF heal nerfed... well its heal was nice in dungeons, less when solo, but nvm

I just wanted to point out, that DCs are nerfed and nerfed, and then even more nerfed. And then ninja-nerfed. And it is not the end of nerfing.

When i'm running solo I use, Flamestrike/Armour for Daily, Sunburst/Devine Glow/Daunting Light for Encounters, Sacred Flame/Astral Seal for At Wills.
  • whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A simple set up I use in pvp to survive.

Break the spirit, healing word, and astral shield.

Break the spirit along with brand of the sun cuts the enemies damage output along with crit output.

Then if you are even a half decent cleric you should know that you aren't meant to be on the front lines.
    Stand behind your party members, use them as human/half-orc/half-elf/elf/halfing/dwarf/tiefling shields.

Of course lastly, don't pug as a cleric. It never ends well.

Translation: You need a good team to carry you.
  • whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    According to the reported effect of break the spirit, it's (at max rank) a 30% reduction in the target's damage output. Add the 5% damage reduction from a feated brand of the sun (power of the sun), and the 5% crit reduction for same, that seems to be a fairly substantial 35% damage reduction before counting the 5% crit reduction. Combine with astral shield and a healing word, and 'why you die bro?'.

Of course - that's all assuming these stack and work the way a normal human upon reading tooltips would be led to believe, which is not something I'd automatically assume about the neverwinter tooltips. It's easy to get the impression that they are left ambiguous so a bug can be retained as an intended feature, or a feature nerf massaged away as a bug fix. In any case - I'm going to try out break the spirit a bit for this purpose with my unspent power points.

Guess how long the Weaken debuffs last? And Astral Shield. I find that the blue circle is a huge alert to everyone "please knock me back and then CC lock me until I'm dead". Cause that's always how it goes. I actually find putting down the blue circle AWAY from you is a better tactic. It might confuse your attackers into think you're there, or whoever's standing in it is the cleric. Also wear your peasant garb and transmute your symbol to Symbol of Asmodeus so the blew glow is down below your feet. Good PvP tips for DC here folks.
  • modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Translation: You need a good team to carry you.

The Cleric usually carrys the team. It's kinda the deal with support classes. They get the least amount of appriciation, yelled at when players self put em in bad situations and dies. Get focused really hard by the other team. Hardly get any support themself. But increase your chance of actually winning by alot.
    Yet it's always the DPS that is in the limelight.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    modimor wrote: »
    The Cleric usually carrys the team. It's kinda the deal with support classes. They get the least amount of appriciation, yelled at when players self put em in bad situations and dies. Get focused really hard by the other team. Hardly get any support themself. But increase your chance of actually winning by alot.
    Yet it's always the DPS that is in the limelight.

In theory. In practice, while a cleric CAN carry a team, it requires the team to carry them, too....because we die embarassingly easily.
    A team that protects the cleric, sticks with them and actually works together will be better than the same team without a cleric...but a team that just splinters off into lots of 1v1 PWNAGE fights, ignores the cleric entirely and focusses on EPIC DEEPS...will be worse than the same team without a cleric.
  • carouselcarousel Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    morsitans wrote: »
    Might help to let peeps know what server you're on, too.

.... duh. Mindflayer.
    the world is not beautiful; therefore, it is. - kino no tabi
  • zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    That is the most ridiculous <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> i've ever heard!!? Weakest class in the game, and it gets more nerfs than every other class combined... GF's keep 2 hitting people and GWF's keeps tanking 4 people, etc... it's just sad
  • esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    zalcs wrote: »
    That is the most ridiculous <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> i've ever heard!!? Weakest class in the game, and it gets more nerfs than every other class combined... GF's keep 2 hitting people and GWF's keeps tanking 4 people, etc... it's just sad

GFs keep 2 hitting people like you who just turned 60 and are too lazy to farm for gears and enchants*

You have to be accurate. :)
  • snorchysnorchy Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    working as intended...
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is still not in today's patchnotes.

I wonder if it is really a ninja-nerf or something they cannot even fix due to their incompetence. Or, if thy ninja-fixed it to make us believe we've gone crazy and we're wrong and they are always right.

BTW: Homeland.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
    edited September 2013
    Ninja-fixed? I would be happy if that would be the case.
  • lordgallenlordgallen Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 91
    edited September 2013
    So, looked into Forge Masters Flame issue and it seems there was a code change that made it start behaving differently.
    This was not an intended reduction, so will get fixed. Since it's a code change there is not currently an ETA on it.

Regarding Flamestrike not critting, that was thought to be resolved by a previous code fix that helped many similar issues, but Flamestrike is currently broken is a different way.

Repurpose Soul is currently not affecting some of the offset style powers, but it should be, and so that will get fixed at some point as well. (Flame Strike, Daunting Light, Chains of Blazing Light, etc)

Anyhoo, thanks for pointing out the bugs, they are certainly not intended!
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Woo, thank you! It helps us feel better a lot better just knowing that you guys know something's up with our spells and you're working on fixing them. :D
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited September 2013
    lordgallen wrote: »
    So, looked into Forge Masters Flame issue and it seems there was a code change that made it start behaving differently.
    This was not an intended reduction, so will get fixed. Since it's a code change there is not currently an ETA on it.

Regarding Flamestrike not critting, that was thought to be resolved by a previous code fix that helped many similar issues, but Flamestrike is currently broken is a different way.

Repurpose Soul is currently not affecting any of the offset style powers, but it should be, and so that will get fixed at some point as well. (Flame Strike, Daunting Light, Chains of Blazing Light, etc)

Thanks for this. Do you know about any of the Wizard powers behaving the same way? I've been testing certain powers for the same sorts of bugs. For instance, I don't believe Arcane Singularity is able to crit at all right now.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lordgallen wrote: »

Repurpose Soul is currently not affecting any of the offset style powers, but it should be, and so that will get fixed at some point as well. (Flame Strike, Daunting Light, Chains of Blazing Light, etc)

Thank you for the response! Much appreciate having an official word in even if all fixes can't happen overnight ;)
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• lordgallenlordgallen Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 91
    edited September 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Thanks for this. Do you know about any of the Wizard powers behaving the same way? I've been testing certain powers for the same sorts of bugs. For instance, I don't believe Arcane Singularity is able to crit at all right now.

There is an excellent chance that Arcane Singularity would be affected the same way Flame strike is... annnnd it is. :/
    Well, will get that one fixed as well. Thanks a lot for bringing that up!