test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it just me or...

zeddbvzeddbv Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Did they just "cut" down on some of the extra instances on the Beholder server?
I mean when I got to Protectors Enclave and they to go from #1 to lets say #10 I cant. Why? Because there are only "#" 6 now.
Post edited by zeddbv on

Comments

• parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The number of instances is dynamic based on how many people are online.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    As parp stated the number of instances expands and contracts based on the number of people on and in the zone at the time. :)
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    zeddbv wrote: »
    Did they just "cut" down on some of the extra instances on the Beholder server?
    I mean when I got to Protectors Enclave and they to go from #1 to lets say #10 I cant. Why? Because there are only "#" 6 now.

Yes but 2million people play this game. We have to lower the instances to fit all the 2millon players on it.

LOL

We will see merger of shards soon enough. I was on last night and had 7 instances.

Like i said before this patch brought some people back but they are leaving with even more people that arnt happy with the game. And then i also predicted the shard mergers awhile after that.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As parp stated the number of instances expands and contracts based on the number of people on and in the zone at the time. :)

They changed something. 7 instances now on beholder PE. The lowest any of them has is listed as 138. It should have spawned more by now if they didn't change it.

Ugh... this, plus the inventory bugs is weird.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
    edited August 2013
    They'll be back in a week if they've not lost interest.
  • zeddbvzeddbv Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok seems legit but we need more instances because some of them lag...
  • dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Did they even warn people not to share the quests?

It just seems like they have something for sale on the zen shop, but if you buy you are banned, but no on tells you this, you have to figure it out the hard way.

I just think they are hoping to ban away accounts with a lot of AD as an AD sink.
  • stoxbox2stoxbox2 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dirtyhook wrote: »
    Did they even warn people not to share the quests?

It just seems like they have something for sale on the zen shop, but if you buy you are banned, but no on tells you this, you have to figure it out the hard way.

I just think they are hoping to ban away accounts with a lot of AD as an AD sink.

They had no warnings. The quest was actually marked as shareable in the journal and the share button worked. Sorry for sharing!

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?442911-The-arcane-reservoir-quest-bug-exploit
    They launched into live with this as a bug acknowledged by the game producer! 8/12 on the PTS is when this thread was started. A simple post telling us not to do it would have been great, but there was no warning.
  • aerisodaerisod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    stoxbox2 wrote: »
    They had no warnings. The quest was actually marked as shareable in the journal and the share button worked. Sorry for sharing!

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?442911-The-arcane-reservoir-quest-bug-exploit
    They launched into live with this as a bug acknowledged by the game producer! 8/12 on the PTS is when this thread was started. A simple post telling us not to do it would have been great, but there was no warning.

Wow, I wasn't aware of that post reporting the issue. That's really pretty sad on the part of whoever decided to issue these bans. I guess we all know what to expect in the future, at least.
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thats technically a different bug with the same quest. That bug has nothing to do with sharing the quest.

*EDIT*
    To ambisinisterr:
    Can you stop changing my words?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    The bug report you linked to has been removed since we can't confirm the exploit no longer exists at this time but it was actually a different bug altogether.

The recent exploit which resulted in bans involved sharing the quest while the bug you linked was actually a completely different matter involving not actually completing the quest.
  • stoxbox2stoxbox2 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The bug report you linked to has been removed since we can't confirm the exploit no longer exists at this time but it was actually a different bug altogether.

The recent exploit which resulted in bans involved sharing the quest while the bug you linked was actually a completely different matter involving not actually completing the quest.

So let me ask you this, if a quest is marked shareable in the journal and we are able to share it, how are we supposed to know it is not intended? Especially when we have no word from PWE saying anything.
    edited August 2013
    So let me ask you this, if a quest is marked shareable in the journal and we are able to share it, how are we supposed to know it is not intended? Especially when we have no word from PWE saying anything.

Because you could see that it had a cooldown on the npc who gives it.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

It was pretty obvious in this case. It was a weekly quest. Why do you think they would they even bother to put a time limitation on accepting the quest if they intended for you to be able to repeat it as often as you want through sharing.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • smittyfrankosmittyfranko Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    Doesn't change the fact that simple game mechanics allowed for it to be done multiple times. No warnings were issued to discourage people from using the game mechanic. There was no advantage gained as of yet due to the sharing and could have simply been dealt with by removing the items in question from the players. But instead their own incompetence was covered with a blanket ban because there was no $$ involved.
    edited August 2013
    aerisod wrote: »
    Wow, I wasn't aware of that post reporting the issue. That's really pretty sad on the part of whoever decided to issue these bans. I guess we all know what to expect in the future, at least.

Some more people got lucky and they then banned them for being lucky. I guess they never paid to be lucky from the zen store
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You can get Sparks from the new lockbox .. so this bug lowers their key-sellings.

You gotta think first how bugs affect the zen-sellings before using it.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What the game lacks is consistancy. Some things ya get banned for....Some things you get called lucky. Roll the dice.

(hint....if they make money off the exploit it is lucky, if not....BAN!)
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As someone once said, rule of thumb: if what your doing cost them money - exploit and you know what happens. If what your doing makes them money - not an exploit. Like with any business about money.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Server merges incoming , the end is near .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Server merges incoming , the end is near .

You mean apart from the fact that they've planned to merge the shards from the start?
  • timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    You mean apart from the fact that they've planned to merge the shards from the start?

How smart of you! The thing is, the server merge has to be done with the best possible outcome. Try to merge now, and all the mmo sites will just report "Server merge due to recent issues". Of course, it looks like you wish to have the servers merge RIGHT NOW.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    nvm, double post
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    timmbeer wrote: »
    How smart of you! The thing is, the server merge has to be done with the best possible outcome. Try to merge now, and all the mmo sites will just report "Server merge due to recent issues". Of course, it looks like you wish to have the servers merge RIGHT NOW.

Again you mean that it's listed in the games official FAQ that they intended to merge the servers from the start, of course there are idiots and extremists both on here and several news sites that would make out it was the worst case scenario and not Cryptic moving ahead with their plans no matter when they do it.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    What's going on in here? :cool:
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
    edited August 2013
    aerisod wrote: »

There wasnt that many instances before people started getting banned for that quest share. Its because the over all playbase is dropping.

No we still dont know what to expect in the future because of the nightmare exploit no bans there. People dont get banned for exploiting dungeons either.
    edited August 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Again you mean that it's listed in the games official FAQ that they intended to merge the servers from the start, of course there are idiots and extremists both on here and several news sites that would make out it was the worst case scenario and not Cryptic moving ahead with their plans no matter when they do it.

It is a sign of dropping playbase plain and simple. They will merge the servers but they have to come up with an excuse other then lower player base. Once they figure out that press release to make it sound like its not because of lower player base, then they will do so. Yes and that nicely placed Faq about merger is what i would of said from the start so they could fall back to that and say" WEll it was planned all along from the beginning to do a merger, and we think its about time to do so. To better serve are 2 million players." Its a cop-out answer they put into the Faq in case the population dropped to levels like it is now. No MMO that is gaining popualtion drops its number of servers they add to them.
    edited August 2013
    I was just online on beholder and at most maybe 2100 people are online right now playing the game on that one server maybe pushing 2500. Spread that across 3 servers. Maybe 7000 people playing the game in total. Thats not healthy player base for an mmo. If there is 2million players you would at least expect 5% - 10% be playing at one time.
  • bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    they are still trying to figure out a way to charge us AD or sell us zen for the merger
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I was just online on beholder and at most maybe 2100 people are online right now playing the game on that one server maybe pushing 2500. Spread that across 3 servers. Maybe 7000 people playing the game in total. Thats not healthy player base for an mmo. If there is 2million players you would at least expect 5% - 10% be playing at one time.

The game never had any lasting value. Cryptic has been attempting to money grab the mmo world, while pulling at the heartstrings of D&D players with the title and setting. These player bases expect different things from a video game imo. It gets tiresome and exhausting for both groups i think. Many of whom, ive heard, are simply looking into something more specific to there gaming style. I myself am just waiting,... waiting for a real D&D game that i can fully grab onto. (not nwn2, not ddo) many others are moving on to other mmo style games for there fix. It just never had a longterm feel. As everything is laid out before you, with little options and virtually no player power over the game. .... the fun fizzles after a few months for most of this "2 mil" pop imo.