What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***Battlefield Skulker set SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER than Swashbuckling for PVE***

2»

Comments

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ximae wrote: »
    whish it was that coz i chose momentum over critical teamwork (can stack cc but not severity on gear was my thought process) coz 25 is just the ammount i need to hit 50% cc, but im pretty sure the green line hits 21cc at 5k crit(mouse scroll to make it bigger).

Yeah but your also never going to get more than 4000 crit with reasonably balanced gear. That is under 20% crit added.

I started seeing really bad dim returns around 2500-3000 where 250 additional points got me 1% more crit. I stopped stacking it because of that and also I mostly pvp which lurkers is a 100% crit in stealth too so the crit isnt as big a deal. For PVE thats a little more important, especially with vorpal.

But on the other hand, the a better stat to get is ARP since it can be stacked higher and further then crit can with more benefits.

24% is a pretty good number to have on gear/enchants. Then get a stone and add more crit for PVE there. Can also add recovery and power as well.

But to have a reasonable balance is key, dont add TOO much crit/arp because they come at the cost of eachother or other stats. Getting >50% crit is cool, but it would be a bad move imo UNLESS you can stack a ton on your Stone.... You can easily add 1000 more crit with a stone so that can bump you up a few % points.

You can always respec too for 300 zen which is what? 100k?
  • ehblahehblah Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i have both sets, only time im using skulker is if im pvping, or running in cn, fardelver, tos, or at the final part of the sp boss. I wouldnt use skulker in a draco fight becuase my itc cd with it is about 20 secs and if im wailing on draco with swash my itc is about 15 secs and it really counts imo, but i may switch set permanently if i can get the ancient main hand and ima just respec my stone also i get about 4.5k power with my swash set and only 3.8k if only i can break the 4k mark with the ancient main hand then im sticking with swash for most boss fights
  • gcudigcudi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    here are the stats:
    Skulker gives
    +1,116 armor pen
    +1,792 hp
    +126 movement
    +405 life steal

Swash gives
    +898 recovery (1,912 w bonus)
    1,271 power (2,295 w bonus)

I listed the full stat sets of swash because you clearly made your post's stat lists more visually appealing for the skulker set. Example - you list the life steal of skulker but dont mention swash gives more? You are already being ignorant of the facts and living in your own world of opinion that skulker is "significantly better." You even thought showing the +126 movement of skulker was relevant, so why are the stats i listed for swash not?

With skulker im convinced you will do more damage in pve because of the 4 piece set bonus. 25% longer stealth +5% more damage while stealthed. This stacks with cunning stalker (20% more ap regen while stealthed) as well as brutal backstab (25% more crit severity while in stealth)
    this means I will be doing 12.5% more damage based on crit severity (assuming 50% crit) for much longer. additionally I will be getting the 5% damage bonus from stealth AS WELL AS 25% longer COMBAT ADVANTAGE

You must consider what your actually getting from all that recovery from swashbuckling. The AP regen will give u what like 4-8% more AP regen? that's countered by cunning stalker. and then your encounter powers will be available a few percent faster. Well, guess what? one of your encounter powers that are always up is shadow strike; and u will be needing to use it less anyways. that's 1/3rd of your encounters right there.

25% longer stealth, ok so 5 seconds x 0.25 = 1.25 seconds more stealth time. This is almost negligible. And before you say "Oh i have improved cunning sneak feat!", guess what, i can spec that too! That isnt an argument for skulker being better than swash. It is literally giving you a max of 1.5 seconds more stealth (5 x .2 = 6, 6 x .25 = 1.5).

I use cunning stalker and brutal backstab too, you just get 1.5 seconds more; therefore, you can't say cunning stalker is a counter to swash recovery bonus...because i use both. You also made a point for me, encounter powers are on shorter cooldowns with swash and also I don't use shadow strike regularly so your argument for "1/3rd of your encounter powers right there" is null.

And this +5% more damage thing you keep floating around. really? I think I'll take flat out 1000+ extra power and recovery regardless of being in stealth than 1.5 more seconds of stealth and 5% more damage ONLY IN STEALTH.
    Guess what? I use cunning stalker too! You are comparing gear sets and not builds here right?
    Finally, the Armor Pen is much better than the Power. Reason being that ArP gear and enchants are much more expensive than power gear and enchants. You can plan your gear accordingly and pay less $$

and don't forget your doing 5% more damage while stealthed by default for the entire duration of stealth. all of this equates to much more damage being done

so not only is it better but its SIGNIFICANTLY better for both pvp and pve. thoughts?

The only reason you give for Armor pen being a better base stat for gear is because the cheaper enchants to slot?
    You can't bring price into an argument for BiS gear. You can say it is significantly cheaper, sure. But to use price as an argument for what gear is better in PvE is just stupid. Swashbuckling and dark enchants cost a fortune yes, but I'd rather have the best gear i can get no matter how much it costs, and no matter how much of an improvement it is. It's like you are trying to say Grand exorcists necklace is better than ancient exorcist because its a tenth of the price and only -4 base stats in comparison. Ill save up and buy the better gear anyday. Swash > Skulker and yes [Cost of Swash + enchants] > [Cost of Skulker + enchants].

I really feel like you are making this more about a build comparison. Skulker is better for PvP and Swash is better for PvE. Don't quote me and insult my intelligence by assuming i didn't read your nonfactual argument.