Skulker gives
+1,116 armor pen
+1,792 hp
+126 movement
+405 life steal

Swash gives
+898 recovery (1,912 w bonus)
1,271 power (2,295 w bonus)

With skulker im convinced you will do more damage in pve because of the 4 piece set bonus. 25% longer stealth +5% more damage while stealthed. This stacks with cunning stalker (20% more ap regen while stealthed) as well as brutal backstab (25% more crit severity while in stealth)
this means I will be doing 12.5% more damage based on crit severity (assuming 50% crit) for much longer. additionally I will be getting the 5% damage bonus from stealth AS WELL AS 25% longer COMBAT ADVANTAGE

You must consider what your actually getting from all that recovery from swashbuckling. The AP regen will give u what like 4-8% more AP regen? that's countered by cunning stalker. and then your encounter powers will be available a few percent faster. Well, guess what? one of your encounter powers that are always up is shadow strike; and u will be needing to use it less anyways. that's 1/3rd of your encounters right there.

Finally, the Armor Pen is much better than the Power. Reason being that ArP gear and enchants are much more expensive than power gear and enchants. You can plan your gear accordingly and pay less $$

and don't forget your doing 5% more damage while stealthed by default for the entire duration of stealth. all of this equates to much more damage being done

so not only is it better but its SIGNIFICANTLY better for both pvp and pve. thoughts?
Post edited by corpsemaker86 on

Comments

• banaman3banaman3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah I drew similar conclusions.. and was smart enough to buy the skulker set before the patch - because all GG gear is now BoP.

So if u do not possess a set yet, good luck farming GG or be prepared to pay ridiculous prices for the few remaining BoE pieces on the AH.
  • gcudigcudi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    here are the stats:
    Skulker gives
    +1,116 armor pen
    +1,792 hp
    +126 movement
    +405 life steal

Swash gives
    +898 recovery (1,912 w bonus)
    1,271 power (2,295 w bonus)

With skulker im convinced you will do more damage in pve because of the 4 piece set bonus. 25% longer stealth +5% more damage while stealthed. This stacks with cunning stalker (20% more ap regen while stealthed) as well as brutal backstab (25% more crit severity while in stealth)
    this means I will be doing 12.5% more damage based on crit severity (assuming 50% crit) for much longer. additionally I will be getting the 5% damage bonus from stealth AS WELL AS 25% longer COMBAT ADVANTAGE

You must consider what your actually getting from all that recovery from swashbuckling. The AP regen will give u what like 4-8% more AP regen? that's countered by cunning stalker. and then your encounter powers will be available a few percent faster. Well, guess what? one of your encounter powers that are always up is shadow strike; and u will be needing to use it less anyways. that's 1/3rd of your encounters right there.

Finally, the Armor Pen is much better than the Power. Reason being that ArP gear and enchants are much more expensive than power gear and enchants. You can plan your gear accordingly and pay less $$

and don't forget your doing 5% more damage while stealthed by default for the entire duration of stealth. all of this equates to much more damage being done

so not only is it better but its SIGNIFICANTLY better for both pvp and pve. thoughts?

Swashbuckling Set gives:
    1271 power
    1271 critical
    1024 recovery
    644 def
    574 life steal
    +1014 power bonus
    +1014 recovery bonus

Swash is better
  • corpsemaker86corpsemaker86 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    gcudi wrote: »
    Swashbuckling Set gives:
    1271 power
    1271 critical
    1024 recovery
    644 def
    574 life steal
    +1014 power bonus
    +1014 recovery bonus

Swash is better

Your post doesn't even make sense and I have no clue why u posted the stats I already did the + and - of each set. read my post again and try to comprehend what im saying
    edited August 2013
    Here are the cliffs for everyone:

Swashbuckling only gives power and recovery advantage
    skulker ArP is better than power
    Recovery is insignificant since Skulker makes more use of cunning stalker
    Skulker is better because of crit severity bonus, combat advantage bonus, and 5% damage bonus while in stealth

understand?
  • discountbobdiscountbob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've had the same idea regarding the Skulker's set. When we just say all this, it really does seem to come out on top; however, I'd like to see someone else (because I am lazy and don't know what maths is) crunch the numbers.

It's really nice to have longer stealth, thus the CA bonus, cunning stalker, brutal backstab, etc. But you have to figure in that you're only getting 25% more of each of these bonuses.

Another thing to consider is the lifesteal 2 piece bonus. While I like lifesteal, it doesn't help your damage any. With my current loadout, wearing the Skulker's set and dismissing my stone, I have 0 recovery. 0. Not too hot.

Anyway, I think the Skulker's set is viable. I would just like to see someone smarter than I am actually figure out some numbers or do some damage logging (which won't work on the practice dummies since they don't have armor).
    edited August 2013
    I've had the same idea regarding the Skulker's set. When we just say all this, it really does seem to come out on top; however, I'd like to see someone else (because I am lazy and don't know what maths is) crunch the numbers.

It's really nice to have longer stealth, thus the CA bonus, cunning stalker, brutal backstab, etc. But you have to figure in that you're only getting 25% more of each of these bonuses.

Another thing to consider is the lifesteal 2 piece bonus. While I like lifesteal, it doesn't help your damage any. With my current loadout, wearing the Skulker's set and dismissing my stone, I have 0 recovery. 0. Not too hot.

Anyway, I think the Skulker's set is viable. I would just like to see someone smarter than I am actually figure out some numbers or do some damage logging (which won't work on the practice dummies since they don't have armor).

remember that your doing 5% more damage during stealth as part of the set bonus and that's the entire duration of stealth, (not just the 25% bonus duration). Also recovery enchants are very cheap compared to dark enchants!!! keep that in mind. Even with both my stone as well as swash set I only get 14% quicker ap regen from recovery. Cunning stalker will make up for a lot of this. Also, one thing I noticed is recovery enchants are dirt cheap for companions. u can build a lvl 8 for dirt cheap and put it on your stone. that's 220 recovery right that
  • spicenspicen Member Posts: 248 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    remember that your doing 5% more damage during stealth as part of the set bonus and that's the entire duration of stealth, (not just the 25% bonus duration). Also recovery enchants are very cheap compared to dark enchants!!! keep that in mind. Even with both my stone as well as swash set I only get 14% quicker ap regen from recovery. Cunning stalker will make up for a lot of this. Also, one thing I noticed is recovery enchants are dirt cheap for companions. u can build a lvl 8 for dirt cheap and put it on your stone. that's 220 recovery right that
    I believe min-maxers have solved this long ago, when gauntlgrym was just out and swash ended up being the best. I have both sets, but i use skulkers for pvp and i dont need to swap any rings, amulet or belt to have my arp at where i desire it to be and where i want my crit to be. And you can't use your encounters from stealth, so your stealth would break anyway at some points. Besides, you have encounters to prolong your stealth or refresh stealth bar quickly if it drops.
    edited August 2013
    spicen wrote: »
    I believe min-maxers have solved this long ago, when gauntlgrym was just out and swash ended up being the best. I have both sets, but i use skulkers for pvp and i dont need to swap any rings, amulet or belt to have my arp at where i desire it to be and where i want my crit to be. And you can't use your encounters from stealth, so your stealth would break anyway at some points. Besides, you have encounters to prolong your stealth or refresh stealth bar quickly if it drops.

What encounters do u need tho? maybe if you want to smoke bomb or something... I end up using dazing strike (if I use at all) at the end of my stealth bar and lashing blade seems to never be available anyways. I guess blitz maybe is the only one
    and shadow strike you can use from stealth.
    guess encounters are not that important with DF and the high damage encounters should be used at the very end of stealth

Im open to the idea of both but I want to know exactly why/how swash is better.
    I mean I have both sets so its no biggie but I would like to see logs done on each

with almost 1700 recovery I only get 14% quicker ap regen. with the bonus active it goes to about 20%
    Skulker takes me down to 5% but I can just as easily add nearly 440 recovery since I don't need as much ArP (so lets say 9%) and the bonus to stealth adds (assuming in stealth for 60% of the time in battle) another 3% the difference between the two sets is an average of 8% ap regen

do you guys really think 8% ap regen is better than 5% more damage while stealthed, 25% more combat advantage, and the extra crit severity for 25% longer?

the only way swash can be better is
    1) I am underestimating the significance of the extra 1k power from set bonus
    2) u spend little time fighting bosses while stealthed and more time dodging out of red spots

I think if you like to both pvp and pve and only want to invest the $ into one set your better off with skulkers
  • asunazysasunazys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    it depends on your playstyle, i don't have swash set but i do have the complete MA, Sinister and Skulker. If you are on boss battle i rather prefer swash but the price of swash is rather not convincing for me. Maybe if i get it from DD i switch to swash in boss battle. I already have 6k power, 2.5k arm pen, and 3.8k crit. Recovery would save you from tough boss fight, i remember the time when i'm using sinister full set, im always having a longer up-time on bosses because the time it will deal a fatal attack my ITC is already available. I tried skulker set vs my current set MA+Sinister on same group DD run, and i notice i'm dealing a huge amount of damage using MA+Sinister. But skulkers would be a better one if you could reach 5k power using the set. On the stealth thing on skulker, the moment you use encounter, stealth would be gone. And the difference for the duration of stealth is not really noticeable for me when DF. Back on topic, I'll gonna prefer swash over skulker. Why? Because so far i can reach arm pen and crit cap and the difference is 2K+ power which is real time 2k+ power stealth or not. That 5% damage of skulker while stealth would be no match for 2k+ straight power. I used skulker on PVP.
  • arcrivalarcrival Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Stealth and encounter cool downs are affected by recovery stat. Put on you skulkers set go in to the dummy area and time your stealth bar just auto attack. then put on your swash ma or if like me 2/2 set and do the same thing auto attk in stealth and time it. You will be so disappointed lol. As far as your dps not using encounters mine are in rotation first off and second I use mine to assist the party, smoke, survivability - itc etc. so you are not allways in stealth lets not forget the high aoe and barrage damage depletes stealth if u get caught.
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The best way to prove your opinion is to wear a full set of skulker set and swash set. Compare the damage with the Training dummies, and do at least 6 dungeons - 3 different dungeons(T1, T2, and CN dungeon)wearing skulker set and do the same thing with the swash set. Get the total average damage u got from the 3 dungeons and compare both set's damage. It may take long, but this is one of the most accurate way to know which one is better. Your reasons and details why Skulker is better didn't convince me enough. come back here in forum once u have prove it.
    SIGNATURE
  • twinkjetwinkje Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I have both and use them depending on the situations:

- Frozen Heart: Skulker > Swash when soloing; Swash > Skulker when all the party is focusing the boss and I'm in charge of spamming Wicked Reminder.
    - Spellplauge: same as above. I'm soloing this most of the times.
    - Karrundax: no big differences but I still prefer Swash since Impossible to Catch and Smoke Bomb spamming greatly helps during the transition phases. Sometimes I switch sets from adds to boss fights but most of the times I'm too lazy and it doesn't make any big difference.
    - Temple of Spider: N/A
    - Castle Never: Skulker > Swash
    - Malabog's Castle: Swash > Skulker since I'm almost always out of stealth. I only use stealth in order to have a 100% crit strike when Valindra comes into battle.

Malabog's and Castle Never trash pulls: Swash > Skulker since I use to spam Smoke Bomb and Dazing Strike right after Singularity.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    spicen wrote: »

This pretty much nailed it honestly,

I have almsot 5k power, over 2600 crit (which puts me over 50%), and 2400 armor pen with 2pc master 2pc shadewalker. I am capped in pve on just my GEAR for ARP, I dont need more crit for obvious reasons, so the ONLY stat that is worth getting anymore for me is power.

Each 220 power I get drastically increases my damage since its linear while skulkers set will get you alot of arp, but then once your in high dim return range like I already am, another 220 arp is not worth much.

You can always go skulkers and throw some radiante enchants in there, but again the damage boost from power is insane once you get to high lvl gear.

If you dont have a big bankroll, probably skulkers will be easier and the added stealth is great, but when you run 1 shot lashing setup for pvp, you want the 15% damage bonus on first attack in combat (which adds a couple thousand damagei ncrease on a lashing crit) which means you dont need the 25% more stealth.

You also have encounters and daily to refresh this more and when played properly, you dont need the added stealth. It is nice for suvivability purposes, but its much tougher to 1 shot lashing...

That said, its not a bad set and im suprised its so expensive considering how easy it is to get GG coins...
  • desstzodesstzo Member Posts: 77
    edited August 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    If you dont have a big bankroll, probably skulkers will be easier and the added stealth is great, but when you run 1 shot lashing setup for pvp, you want the 15% damage bonus on first attack in combat (which adds a couple thousand damagei ncrease on a lashing crit) which means you dont need the 25% more stealth.
    dont forget about the extra 5% damage...its not just the +25% stealthmeter the set gives

Ah well
    -Desstzo
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I would think swash probably win out in PvE, However I quite like Skulker for PvP. If you wear swash you get your power/recov and have to slot for ArP, The most expensive enchantments. Where as if you go skulkers you have to slot for recovery and power, the most inexpensive enchantments, so in the end you get close to the same stats but with more HP and a better set bonus for PvP IMO. And much cheaper.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • thesakarithesakari Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What a troll post. "Significantly better"? rofls. MAYBE comparable with two rogues using each set to their max.
    edited August 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    I would think swash probably win out in PvE, However I quite like Skulker for PvP. If you wear swash you get your power/recov and have to slot for ArP, The most expensive enchantments. Where as if you go skulkers you have to slot for recovery and power, the most inexpensive enchantments, so in the end you get close to the same stats but with more HP and a better set bonus for PvP IMO. And much cheaper.

Yes this is why I said if you dont have the bankroll, because min/maxing takes significantly more AD and you can get ROUGHLY the same things with skulkers.

But also dont discount the bonuses DO add up, When you go Skulkers you get an additional 1100 (roughly) arp? Well even if you stack arp rings/neck/belt your still probably gonna get better bang using 2-3 R7+ Dark enchants meaning you have (for an apples to apples) about 4-5 r7+ Radiants giving you 740-1000 power...

Well with the 2 pc 2pc set your BONUS gives you that much power, then the set itself gives you an additional like 1200... so basically your losing 1200 power for 25% more stealth and 5% damage. Is it THAT big a deal? Prob not, however again for min/max and the 1 shot capability... it DOES make a big difference.

desstzo wrote: »
    dont forget about the extra 5% damage...its not just the +25% stealthmeter the set gives

Ah well
    -Desstzo

Right, but how much power do you need to get that same 5% increase? Power scales the best because it doesnt have dim returns. Like I said, with an additional 1200 power, that is going to be >5% increase in damage
    edited August 2013
    Right, but how much power do you need to get that same 5% increase? Power scales the best because it doesnt have dim returns.
    the last i heard is that 25 power is 1 damage, so when we say your blade is doing 10.000 points of damage, 5% of that is 500, that would mean you need 25*500= 12.500 extra power to make up for the 5%...and most blades deal more then 10k

Ah well
    -Desstzo
    edited August 2013
    desstzo wrote: »
    the last i heard is that 25 power is 1 damage, so when we say your blade is doing 10.000 points of damage, 5% of that is 500, that would mean you need 25*500= 12.500 extra power to make up for the 5%...and most blades deal more then 10k

Ah well
    -Desstzo

25 power = 1 BASE damage your numbers are using total crit damage including severity (which most builds give even more while stealthed.

And the reason most lashings crit over 10k is because of all that critseverity
    edited August 2013
    so half the numbers (100% crit severity) and you still sit at over 6k power that is needed to compensate
    even if you would cut them down to a third (equivalent of 200% crit severity), you would need more then 4k extra power to make up for the 5% less damage

i mean, yeah, my math was wrong due to the crit severity i didnt take into account but the point is still valid

Ah well
    -Desstzo
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    This pretty much nailed it honestly,

I have almsot 5k power, over 2600 crit (which puts me over 50%), and 2400 armor pen with 2pc master 2pc shadewalker. I am capped in pve on just my GEAR for ARP, I dont need more crit for obvious reasons, so the ONLY stat that is worth getting anymore for me is power.

I dont get it then, how can u be over 50% crit with 2600 crit? that crit rating is unbuffed and u have the stone buffing it further? I have like over 3100 with 25 dex and havent even hit 50% yet.

i must be doing something wrong then.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ximae wrote: »
    I dont get it then, how can u be over 50% crit with 2600 crit? that crit rating is unbuffed and u have the stone buffing it further? I have like over 3100 with 25 dex and havent even hit 50% yet.

i must be doing something wrong then.

Yeah, I don't get that either.

Critical Chance = Base + Weapon Mastery + DEX (campfire) + Gear + Critical Teamwork = 5 + 3 + 17 + 16 + 5 = 46%.

So, where is the missing 3-4% come from? Is Critical Teamwork not as described and provides 8% instead of 5%?
    edited August 2013
    well ur missing skillfull infiltrators 3% but it would still be 49% though.

how did u calculate that? still a nub and havent found the math info yet.

i get the base is 5 + feats and passives

dex max is 16 so that one extra is from a campfire bonus i guess.

but where can i find a table that tells me crit rating to crit chance values?
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    but where can i find a table that tells me crit rating to crit chance values?

I use this: https://www.desmos.com/calculator/3dqpvhuavj

It is very accurate.
    edited August 2013
    Sorry I only have 49.8% crit with fire buff, I forgot I had used a potion from praying when I checked stats which put me over 50%, nub move on my part.

I also just got the boon of +250 crit (so 2830 now) but that only inc my crit from 48.8% - 49.8%. So still pretty dang close.

Been thinking about dropping 1 R8 dark and grabbing a R9 radiant for more power as well... its a tough trade there though as the 220 arp really increases damage alot.
    edited August 2013
    Also Here is the tooltip from my lashing blade at different power levels:

@3400 power: 5683-6711
    @4781 power: 5947-6975

So eventhough its not a HUGE damage boost, ~1300 power = 264 average damage increase on base damage of lashing. I dont know if the 5% damage boost counts from the tooltip or where it gets added, but it COULD potentially be more.

In 10 lashings with higher power my lowest lashing was 20.9k on a dummy. With 1000 less power it dropped to 18.9 so a 2k difference in the LOWEST number out of 10 lashings. I dont have 4 pc skulkers but could test it out if I had more AD.

Like I said before I think if you DONT have the AD for Darks, go with skulkers for the 5% damage and you can always add power after and the 25% more stealth isnt bad at all...

When you do the math, the 2pc 2pc set = 2067 more power than skulkers but skulkers gives 1116 arp more.

Which (for me) is 5 dark 8 enchants.

So swapping 5 radiant will give you 1100 power meaning that you then have the same stats as me, but with about 1000 less power but 5% more damage from stealth. You can then pick the remaining 2 slots for whatever you like arp or power.

You then have to basically ask is when you start getting over 2500 arp dim returns hit hard so what do you stack?

For me, I liked stacking power and figure that no other combo will get you those same stats. I could go with skulkers but have 1000 less power (or possibly even less) for a 5% boost and a little more stealth?

Also the increase damage from power works with other abilities outside of stealth as well, and not to mention depending on your feats, you wont want to continually attack while stealth but use that advantage to lashing.

Not sure if its worth it honestly...

Not to mention in PVE, power will outdo skulkers by quite a bit.

So its seems skulkers is optimized for PVP but the 2pc 2pc is overall going to output slightly more damage, especially out of stealth when you lose that 5% damage bonus.
    edited August 2013
    yeah that +2 +2 set bonus sounds nice, whenever i can get my hands on it hehe still running scanvenger :D

did u guys think about using 2 pieces from the new fey set, it also has power bonus and the stats are actually alittle bit higher than the standard t2s.
    edited August 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    I use this: https://www.desmos.com/calculator/3dqpvhuavj

It is very accurate.

thx man guess the value in the left would be the crit chance.. which looks it caps at 21 cc at 5000 crit, so max cc should be 54. am i reading it right?
    edited August 2013
    thx man guess the value in the left would be the crit chance.. which looks it caps at 21 cc at 5000 crit, so max cc should be 54. am i reading it right?

Looks like 25% to me. Each line = 5%

Also looks like ARP doesnt have as bad of Dim returns as I thought, Ill have to run some more numbers!
    edited August 2013
    Looks like 25% to me. Each line = 5%

Also looks like ARP doesnt have as bad of Dim returns as I thought, Ill have to run some more numbers!

whish it was that coz i chose momentum over critical teamwork (can stack cc but not severity on gear was my thought process) coz 25 is just the ammount i need to hit 50% cc, but im pretty sure the green line hits 21cc at 5k crit(mouse scroll to make it bigger).