test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Versatile Renegade build - Feywild.

grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Library
Hello wizards! I finally thought it would be time to post one of the builds im using. as i notice alot of people are at odds with what the hell is going on! This build is centered around being a tiefling, but very easy to adjust if you are not one.

I wrote a guide for wizards that gives insight to wizard craft, I felt that it would be better to keep a thread like this seperate.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?385321-Grimah-s-Comprehensive-Wizard-guide

This build puts out tons of damage! yes you will be topping your damage meters if you really care for that but its not the meat and bones of the build, however you will be doing alot more damage consistantly than another build, (and equal to thaum using chill stacking and chilling presence for single target). When comparing both thaum and renegade it basically boils down to, assailing force vs nightmare wizardry, and with the EotS buff you can trigger nightmare wizardry more consistantly, however the reason why i do not use thaum (currently) is because thaum locks you into using spells in order to maximise its potential and often puts you in harms way, This build i have choosen gives you the freedom to adapt to different situations by changing out a few spells and you can use other spells to your own liking and still get good results (not having to get in melee for icy terrain and getting tossed around).

This build is designed around what current content we have now for maximising your damage potential with control, safety and utlity. This build is not designed from being able to do maximum damage over 2 minutes on a dummy but maximising damage as a whole without putting yourself in danger and benefiting your group to the fullest (speed > damage meter). I also built this to be able to carry any PuG group, unexperienced group and easily adjustable for different party compositions.

My Gear:

High vizier - for debuff goodness adds aroudn 25% ish, damage my spell selections are always designed around this.

Greater plaguefire - Application of DoT can trigger stormspell, but that is just a bonus, the main reason i use this is to apply more debuffs so your team can kill things, and as a wizard you can apply this debuff very rapidly and always to the targets you are going to be hitting and versatile, an alternative would be to use vorpal, i would not suggest lightning for this build (lightning is great when using conduit/icy terrain and steal time for maximum ticks, which this build does not utilise often.)

Stats: pour all your points into int and charisma, other item stats are same as what others would go for 3kish recovery/ 2200-2500 ArP, boost your defense from your defense slots and defensive slot on your stone. Getting these stats is a slow process and not essential to the build, as I dont expect everyone to hit these margins instantly, damage is determinated primarily from spell usage and selection, and also what situation you are in.

Build:

6by5.jpg

More details here with power selections: http://nwcalc.com/cw?b=ofj:27ak74:1get58,13l30k3:150000:1u0000:1uu551&h=0&p=ssm

Now if you are a human i would suggest taking 5/5 in learned spellcaster or 3/3 prestigitation (more damage or group its up to you)

Heroic Feats

Tier 1
Weapon Mastery: 3% chance to crit.
More crit more damage.

Toughness: 6% extra maximum hitpoints
Took this over Controlling action because i dont feel i have any issue with AP generation and believe 6% extra HP is more noticable/useful.

Tier 2
Fight On: Reduces your encounter cooldowns by 8% at 4/5
Wizard's Wrath: 6% of all of you aoe encounters and dailies, as well as normal version of ice conduit (for single dps).

Tier 3
Arcane enhancement: Your arcane powers deal 6% extra damage.
Arcane damage... is a huge chunk of damage you will be dealing here

Tier 4
Learned Spellcaster: Increases the bonus damage intelligence provides by 2% (2/5)
Actually increases your damage by a flat 5% (at 5/5 or rather 6% after taking in account of your INT), damage for ALL your spells

Focused Wizardry: Increases your aoe encounters and dailies by 9%

Paragon Feats

Oppressor

Tier 1

Bitter cold: You gain 5% bonus to damage after afflicting an enemy with cold. lasts 6 seconds and does not stack.
Add a chill, collect 5% damage. Will be up most of the duration during aoe scenarios, and always up during single target.

Thaumaturge

Tier 1
Tempest Magic: When your target is below 30% maximum hit points, you deal 2/4/6/8/10% extra damage.
Take this if you are not tiefling, instead of Maelvolent surge.

Malevolent Surge: When killing a foe you gain 10% damage for 4 seconds. stacks 3 times.
Take this or reaper's touch for your final 5 points (or tempest magic if non-tiefling), this will give you some extra clearing speed, if you are able to get in close, reaper's touch is your choice.

Renegade

Tier 1
Critical power: When you land a critical hit you gain 5% of your total action points. 10 second cooldown.
Crit on an aoe and you will get 25% AP, even without it, the extra chunk of AP is like casting another encounter. i took this over reaping touch because it is always in effect, and noticable, especially when you need to generate AP quickly.

Tier 2
Nightmare wizardry: When you crit you have a 20% chance to gain combat advantage for 4 seconds.
With high crit and EotS class feature you will be getting this proc up most of the time, granting you an extra 20%ish damage depending on your charisma, and an additional 15% crit severity.

Tier 3
Phantasmal Destruction: when you deal combat advantage damage you gain 15% critical severity for 6 seconds. Gives you around 7-10% extra damage with EotS slotted + your personal crit chance.

Tier 4
Masterful Arcane Theft: Steal time and Ray of enfeeblement deal 1/2/3/4/5% to targets effected by chill and an additional .6/1.2/1.8/2.4/3% damage per arcane stack on you.
With any of the setups i use, i always have either steal time or ray of enfeeble on, so thats an additional 25% damage for either. not a huge difference, but in some fights you will only have time to cast 1 or 2 of these spells. so the bonus helps push things along. Better feat to take than the other choices i believe

Final Feat

Chaos Magic: Your magic missile now has a 33% chance to apply 1 of 3 effects to the target. Only 1 of these effects can be applied at one time, and last for 10 seconds.
Chaotic Growth: Allies near the target are healed for 1% of their maximum hit points per second.
Chaotic Nexus: Enemies near target have their mitigation reduced by 15%
Chaotic Fury: Allies near the target gain 15% bonus power.
Nice uptime, proc rate. and all 3 Boons are useful, though you cannot control it. if you are shooting magic missile you know you are doing something useful for your team.

15% damage through arcane mastery, 6% from arcane enhancment, 6% from learned spellcaster, 5% from bitter cold, 25% from high vizier, 30% when nightmare wizardry is up (roughly 15-20% average always),

Now the important stuff:

Loadouts

1. Generic dungeon clearing (use this if you have another wizard or you have a GF in the group. great for burning down dailies and doing that MotH farm. Does higher damage than thaum spec due to the hard hitting encounters and instant/high burst damage and guaranteed full damage when using the spell (opposed to icy terrain or conduit getting full ticks on 5 mobs).

At-wills: Magic Missile / Storm Pillar
Mastery: Chill Strike (Procs 3x high vizier and applies chill for your +5% bitter cold bonus, this is your opener.)
Encounter 1: Sudden storm (Tons of damage)
Encounter 2: Shard of Endless Avalanche (Applies high vizier, big burst damage, knockdown. Use this between steal times if possible, or when you just need things to get prone. Advisable to drop this down when it is off cooldown and only push it when you are able to make it explode)
Encounter 3: Steal time (Procs 3x High vizier too, does +25% more damage than usual due to the feat, great CC as well as damage)
Daily 1: Oppressive force (Use this alot, gives breathing space for your group, and unlike Arcane singularity you can still use shard and sudden storm whilst it is working and will stack 4 lots of high vizier before it goes off, doing a large amount of damage.)
Daily 2: Ice knife (to take down a mob that needs to die quickly)
Class Feature 1: Eye of the storm (Become a crit machine, will make you proc nightmare wizardry alot.)
Class Feature 2: Storm Spell (does alot of damage, and procs often)

2. Dungeon control if you have no tank, you are needed to carry the group, or you are just doing something that is more difficult for your group (My "make sure no one dies" spec, pretty much the same as above, but with entangle on tab. this is why i took Chilling cold, though those 5 points are the least important)

Mastery: Entangling Force(big AP generator and procs 1 stack of high vizier on each target target and gain a stack of arcane per target so you can get those stacks to max almost instantly. (Use this often and as an opener.)
Encounter 1: Sudden storm (Tons of damage and applies chill from chilling control to collect your 5% bonus, use this as often as you can.)
Encounter 2: Shard of Endless Avalanche (Applies high vizier, big burst damage, knockdown. Use this between steal times if possible, or when you just need things to get prone. Advisable to drop this down when it is off cooldown and only push it when you are able to make it explode)
Encounter 3: Steal time (Procs 3x High vizier too, does +25% more damage than usual due to the feat, great CC as well as damage)
Daily 1: Oppressive force (Use this alot, gives breathing space for your group, and unlike Arcane singularity you can still use shard and sudden storm whilst it is working)
Daily 2: Ice knife (to take down a mob that needs to die quickly)
Class Feature 1: Eye of the storm (Become a crit machine, will make you proc nightmare wizardry alot.)

3. Single target, this is used in more occasions than you would believe, alot of bosses will require you to switch to single target)

Mastery: Icy rays (big damage and procs 1 stack of high vizier to keep the debuff up.)
Encounter 1: Conduit of Ice (Your filler single target damage, does high damage though it has a lengthy cooldown will benefit from some of the chills you apply, switch this out for shield or repel if you are adamant to keep up 3 debuffs of high vizier)
Encounter 2: Ray of enfeeblement (20% mitigation bonus, will last 50% longer with max arcane stacks, and does 25% more damage than normal, one of our highest single target spells, and fair cooldown)
Encounter 3: Chill Strike (Procs 2x High vizier, helps to keep this debuff up short cooldown and applies chill like icy rays for bitter cold)
Daily 1: Ice knife (big damage, chills.)
Daily 2: Arcane Singularity or Oppressive force (just incase :))
4. PvP - this will probably get the most disagreements which i expect, everyone has thier preferences here but of all the different combinations i have tried this is what i feel is the best.

Mastery: Icy rays (big damage and roots the target in place NOT DODGABLE! use this when you they start dodging or your CC has ran out in anticipation of a dodge, follow it up with CC if its available, procs HV.)
Encounter 1: Entangling force (Open with this if you can, some may say use ray first but then it may alert them to dodge, also you may wonder why not just open with icy rays? well i use this so i can get max stacks of plaguefire and high vizier before i blow them up with icy rays.)
Encounter 2: Ray of enfeeblement (20% mitigation bonus, use this when you know you can land it, i use it after entangling force usually, or as an opener or whenever i know dodge is not available for them follow this up by CC asap.)
Encounter 3: Chill Strike (Procs 2x High vizier giving you 3 stacks total if you have used either rays or entangling first. I use this after entangling usually so i can get 3 stacks on before i use ice knife or icy rays then ice knife)
Daily 1: Ice knife (big damage, chills.)
Daily 2:Oppressive force (Use this when you know theres a rogue stealthing about, the daze will reveal them, then nuke em to death.)

Notes:
Be aware that you will ofcourse change spells now and again for example repel mastery, singularity and shield if you need to bump (swap out either shard or sudden storm for shield depending on what is less needed)

Any questions let me know! And any feedback would be welcome (if you are using this spec/setups). Also i am aware there maybe alot of nay-sayers but i would ask to keep it constructive, but im ready to take it :P
Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
Post edited by grimah on

Comments

• freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited August 2013
    Using Chilling Cold is a clever tactic to increase the damage of Steal Time and RoE.

I am interested to know how that tactic compares with this allocation: Calc Link

I find that with Renegade, I will either be wasting 1/2 of the benefit of Masterful Arcane Theft or not using Magic Missiles since I prefer to utilize Destructive Wizardry. If I decide not to use Magic Missiles, then I apply a Chill debuff with Chilling Cloud to gain the full benefit of Masterful Arcane Theft. If I don't use Magic Missiles then Chaos Magic is wasted...

I fully agree with your assessment of Malevolent Surge.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Only thing I disagree with is use of Conduit of Ice on single target as Renegade with HV set. It is easier to maintain three stacks rather than two 100% of the time, i.e. additional 10% mitigation reduction, using Repel instead.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    Only thing I disagree with is use of Conduit of Ice on single target as Renegade with HV set. It is easier to maintain three stacks rather than two 100% of the time, i.e. additional 10% mitigation reduction, using Repel instead.

I did note that if you want to keep 3 stacks up, use repel instead, and i also wrote that conduit of ice is your filler, so put whatever else you want in it. It is not nessecary to use repel if you are another wizard using high vizier, which these days it seems to be the case. though ofcourse its better to be safe than not.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    edited August 2013
    Using Chilling Cold is a clever tactic to increase the damage of Steal Time and RoE.

I am interested to know how that tactic compares with this allocation: Calc Link

I find that with Renegade, I will either be wasting 1/2 of the benefit of Masterful Arcane Theft or not using Magic Missiles since I prefer to utilize Destructive Wizardry. If I decide not to use Magic Missiles, then I apply a Chill debuff with Chilling Cloud to gain the full benefit of Masterful Arcane Theft. If I don't use Magic Missiles then Chaos Magic is wasted...

I fully agree with your assessment of Malevolent Surge.

Good idea to use stormpillar for the 10% just trying to keep that rotation every 5 seconds (since half charge stormpillar takes just over 1 second)
    edited August 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    Good idea to use stormpillar for the 10% just trying to keep that rotation every 5 seconds (since half charge stormpillar takes just over 1 second)

I don't really need it every time, it's just a nice little buff before a rotation of encounters. I kind of wish Cryptic would normalize these buff durations. Some are adequate and others too short. I find this one is borderline.

I like your idea to use Chilling Cold and I wish that Cryptic would make it 100%.
    edited August 2013
    also id like to add, using chilling cloud with this build is totally viable. because you are getting enough arcane stacks from your encounters chilling cloud will proc your stormspell and also eye of the storm, nightmare wizardry alot more. ALOT more, around 100% more often, i havent done the maths but using chilling cloud alone will keep nightmary up atleast 50% of the time. However i use magic missile because of the end feat and the boons it provides to your party. 15% mitigation, 15% power, and even the 1% hp per second isnt something to scoof at.
    edited August 2013
    also id like to add, using chilling cloud with this build is totally viable. because you are getting enough arcane stacks from your encounters chilling cloud will proc your stormspell and also eye of the storm, nightmare wizardry alot more. ALOT more, around 100% more often, i havent done the maths but using chilling cloud alone will keep nightmary up atleast 50% of the time. However i use magic missile because of the end feat and the boons it provides to your party. 15% mitigation, 15% power, and even the 1% hp per second isnt something to scoof at.

The heal from Chaos Magic is absolutely awesome.

I was only meaning that when I spec Renegade, when I use Chilling Cloud/Storm Pillar/Nightmare Wizardry, it's a waste of the keystone feat while still providing a decent application of Chill... it's a conundrum.

The build that you suggest cleverly gets around this with Chilling Cold.
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Hands up for so much work but i still dont get why ppl prefer going renegade over hybrid. Hybrid has so much more dmg potential and it WAY more fun to play. I can ppl see going thauma but even then your gear must be very bad to sacrifice so much dmg just for a bit mitigation.
    edited August 2013
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    Hands up for so much work but i still dont get why ppl prefer going renegade over hybrid. Hybrid has so much more dmg potential and it WAY more fun to play. I can ppl see going thauma but even then your gear must be very bad to sacrifice so much dmg just for a bit mitigation.

Huh? #10char
    edited August 2013
    I just tested Prestidigiation on Preview and it seems to be adding its' bonus to my stats but not displaying any buff icon. I don't think it's bugged.
  • kouroumbelokouroumbelo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yes it works it just dont show icon on urself.

to others it show icon.

It is not bugged^^.
    edited August 2013
    Once I can get my hands on a Vorapl, I'm gonna give this build a go.
  • ragulolragulol Member Posts: 31
    edited August 2013
    Have been using allmost the same build for some time now, the only major difference is reapers touch over chilling control, but both seems viable.
    But i have some doubts about power layout. The thing is that CoI is incredible for EotS and NW proccing, it has x6 chance to proc it, the only better power is Steal time, which has around 80-90+% proc rate with EotS and NW(that 10-20% is for when EotS is already up). So if you want to utilize fully your crit. rate\severity you have to use CoI, and CoI is only good in mastery, which leaves just one extra power slot(the 2 other are SS and ST). The choice comes to IT and SoteA, which both provide control and avarage damage. I'm currently using IT. At the end you find out that you have to use the same powers in both specs to utilize the most of it feats. Which is kinda sad.
    Ofc you can use different powers, but CS on mastery is worse than CoI in terms of damage, control and EotS\NW proc rate.
    On the other hand EF on mastery seems very attractive now, because you can have almost 100% crit rate with oppresice force(if casted after ST), that leaves again one power slot, and SoteA is more attractive for it than IT. But that leaves us with no chill, and blighting power\bitter cold needs it. I have a feeling that 50% chance to chill from SS is not enough, i was using it long time ago, and it did not proc well, but maybe they changed it.

And yes, EotS needs vorpal to shine. Clear choise for me to have 60-70+% crit chance with 131% crit severity than +18% damage from chilliing presence.

But i was thinking about giving thaum a new try, discarding Storm Spell(yeah, lol, but it gives only ~10-13% tops of the overall DPS even with chilling cloud), and using destructive wizardry, frozen power transfer, nightmare wizardry to boost encounter damage even more.
    edited August 2013
    yea ive been thinking about taking out chiling control because it only procs chance on cast, rather than on each target. Was unsure about this until i took it. so ill probably switch it out for malevolent surge.

as for CoI vs chill strike, in terms of damage, chill strike does more because it has alot shorter cooldown and will hit all the targets in the area, CoI is more hit and miss with a longer cooldown. I have tested both, but alot of things will die within seconds leaving out the damage potential of COI getting lowered.
  • ragulolragulol Member Posts: 31
    edited August 2013
    yea ive been thinking about taking out chiling control because it only procs chance on cast, rather than on each target. Was unsure about this until i took it. so ill probably switch it out for malevolent surge.

as for CoI vs chill strike, in terms of damage, chill strike does more because it has alot shorter cooldown and will hit all the targets in the area, CoI is more hit and miss with a longer cooldown. I have tested both, but alot of things will die within seconds leaving out the damage potential of COI getting lowered.

As for CoI vs CS, you are overlooking the CoI proc rate for EotS and NW, it is really that good. And now with the nerf to shield, you can use CoI as easy as CS, because ads do not fly apart every second, they are frozen\stunned\dazed still with CoI+IT\SoteA+ST+OF, only you with OF and GWF(which will be most likely not in group) will push ads away from you, and sometimes GF with shield.
    I really like CS for solo-play and low-hp ads, but in dungeons with fat ads i think CoI is better.
    edited August 2013
    So, I've tried this build now and I am switching back to the build that I've detailed in a thread that I'd created.

For me the downfalls of this build vs the one that I was previously using are:
    Even lower crits despite the fact that I had a Vorpal Enchantment/Phantasmal Destruction/as much Charisma as I could get. Oh, I was also using 4 pc Shadow Weaver.
    Lacking Wisdom, my AP gain was slower and cooldowns longer despite the fact that I had 5/5 Fight On.
    Using EF on mastery was lowering my damage by a lot, I'm not sure what else to have replaced it with. Perhaps RoE was a better choice.
    Steal Time and Oppressive Force damage was a lot lower. Whereas I was previously one shotting groups of Powrie/Witherers, now I was not because I did not have Focused Wizardry/Wizard's Wrath. This is in despite of the fact that I was using Masterful Arcane Theft.

To be fair, I didn't try Chilling Strike on mastery.

Long story short, I think that I failed at this build hardcore.
    edited August 2013
    Hmm yes CoI does do more damage vs chill strike (due to its proccing) i have some data somewhere that shows it does over 40% more damage than using chill strike (because of my enchant and stormspell too). but that is under controlled conditions, not in the field nor does conduit sport a stun. i will have to parse some dungeon runs and try and get some more usuable datal.

well you are fine with not using this spec, its a overall area + single target build, as for putting EF on mastery, thats going to be the case with anyone's spec.

however comparison of magic missile on single target is a 22% increase over chilling cloud even though chilling cloud procs nightmare wizardry 65% of the time, vs magic missile 45% of the time. (This was without using the chaos magic buff)
  • grimah1grimah1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Okay i have some results when comparing the two chill strike vs conduit.

The chill strike was tested between start and 1st boss of malabog, the Conduit test was between 1st and 2nd boss. Ignore the total damage, but you can see from the damage differences between the same spells.

I tried to use the same rotation more or less through these fights and did not try and position myself for combat advantage (so the results show nightmare proc rate). Starting with either conduit (strongest target/melee) or chill strike.

You may notice my sudden storm isnt very high, this is due to running a pug group with 2 GWF 1 TR and DC, so my typical rotation was cold spell ->shard ->steal time ->sudden storm as my priority (or things would have hurt).

You can see below that the crit chance is roughly the same but the flank chance is slightly higher with conduit, (Low flank from shard of avalanche is due to me using it alot before i use steal time. though the shard slam results are all over the place.

Between start to 1st Malabog Boss with Chill mastery.

Type
    Damage
    Hit
    Crit
    Flank

All

Shardplosion
    67%
    7%

Sudden Storm
    58%
    50%

Chill Strike
    60%
    28%

Oppressive Force
    52%
    31%

Steal Time
    81%
    65%

Magic Missile
    55%
    47%

Storm Spell
    58%
    35%

Shard Slam
    26%
    13%

Between 1st and 2nd Malabog Boss with Conduit mastery

Type
    Damage
    Hit
    Crit
    Flank

All

Shardplosion
    51%
    14%

Sudden Storm
    68%
    63%

Conduit of Ice
    36%
    29%

Oppressive Force
    42%
    58%

Steal Time
    73%
    71%

Magic Missile
    54%
    46%

Storm Spell
    44%
    41%

Shard Slam
    8%
    24%

Things did get a bit messy when i was using conduit because i had no stun, but my couple deaths shouldnt have effected the end results.

Oh and when i got to the boss, my account got banned because the group i was in decided to use some certain tricks, so this maybe my last post.
    edited August 2013
    grimah1 wrote: »

The chill strike was tested between start and 1st boss of malabog, the Conduit test was between 1st and 2nd boss. Ignore the total damage, but you can see from the damage differences between the same spells.

I tried to use the same rotation more or less through these fights and did not try and position myself for combat advantage (so the results show nightmare proc rate). Starting with either conduit (strongest target/melee) or chill strike.

You may notice my sudden storm isnt very high, this is due to running a pug group with 2 GWF 1 TR and DC, so my typical rotation was cold spell ->shard ->steal time ->sudden storm as my priority (or things would have hurt).

You can see below that the crit and flank chance is roughly the same, (Low flank from shard of avalanche is due to me using it alot before i use steal time. though the shard slam results are all over the place.

Type
    Damage
    Hit
    Crit
    Flank

All

Shardplosion
    67%
    7%

Sudden Storm
    58%
    50%

Chill Strike
    60%
    28%

Oppressive Force
    52%
    31%

Steal Time
    81%
    65%

Magic Missile
    55%
    47%

Storm Spell
    58%
    35%

Shard Slam
    26%
    13%

Type
    Damage
    Hit
    Crit
    Flank

All

Shardplosion
    51%
    14%

Sudden Storm
    68%
    63%

Conduit of Ice
    36%
    29%

Oppressive Force
    42%
    58%

Steal Time
    73%
    71%

Magic Missile
    54%
    46%

Storm Spell
    44%
    41%

Shard Slam
    8%
    24%

Things did get a bit messy when i was using conduit because i had no stun, but my couple deaths shouldnt have effected the end results.

Oh and when i got to the boss, my account got banned because the group i was in decided to use some certain tricks, so this maybe my last post.

So every single person in the game can glitch t1 Gauntl'grym but you get banned?

If you use Wizard's Wrath/Focused Wizardry you will get more Chill Strike Mastery damage.
    edited August 2013
    that is true but that extra damage wouldn't contribute to single target damage, i try to cover all the bases when i spec :) but sure it would do more aoe damage if i did spec those things.

oh and if any of my guildies or people who know me on beholder please let them know. (cant send messages with my lowbie toon, my wizard is Darque Malecti)
    edited August 2013
    I'm assuming there was some glitch to keep respawning the boss for continuous loot because, I mean... every boss in the game is glitchable. Sucks u got banned.
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am not for glitching/exploiting. I also don't judge people who do it, since there is a huge spectrum of "shady" things. But when you introduce a new content, one that you have been working on for weeks, and supposedly tested the hec out of, and still launch it with a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> load of bugs and glitches that even sometimes makes the fight impossible, banning accounts should be the last thing on your priority list. Twice already we ended up at the dragon with about 20trolls and other adds roaming around him, and dying never reset them. DD chests not activating. Camp fires not working. I mean seriously?! If it is something that will affect the price of Zen, it gets a hot fix within the hour. If it has to do with the overall experience of the game and the enjoyment of a new content, eh a month or two? 5 months for some bugs now? Hello freaking Dread Vault camp fires?!
    Sorry for derailing.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
    edited August 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    I am not for glitching/exploiting. I also don't judge people who do it, since there is a huge spectrum of "shady" things. But when you introduce a new content, one that you have been working on for weeks, and supposedly tested the hec out of, and still launch it with a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> load of bugs and glitches that even sometimes makes the fight impossible, banning accounts should be the last thing on your priority list. Twice already we ended up at the dragon with about 20trolls and other adds roaming around him, and dying never reset them. DD chests not activating. Camp fires not working. I mean seriously?! If it is something that will affect the price of Zen, it gets a hot fix within the hour. If it has to do with the overall experience of the game and the enjoyment of a new content, eh a month or two? 5 months for some bugs now? Hello freaking Dread Vault camp fires?!
    Sorry for derailing.

They never claim to test anything tbh... Cryptic has a TERRIBLE track record for quality assurance in their products. Their QA team probably consists of two people.

If something affects the price of Zen then Perfect World steps in to make sure it's fixed.

When content is released with bugs that can benefit players there becomes a situation where players are less likely to notify the development team because they don't want the bugs to be fixed.

So, basically, the poor QA team does a terrible job, then the players get banned for trying to maximize their potential in game by exploiting obvious bugs.

Like I said, every single person in the game does, "Fast t1 runs," in Gauntl'grym, AKA glitching past terrain to get to the boss without clearing the dungeon. Who has been banned for that? "Fast Karu runs," are aplenty, who has been banned for that? Every one and their mother glitches the last boss in Castle Never, the most end-game of all content, who has been banned for that? Do any players even know how to do that fight legitimately? I think I've made my point.
  • bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    But when you introduce a new content, one that you have been working on for weeks, and supposedly tested the hec out of, and still launch it with

This "bug" was known to the developers on test server for at least two weeks, and they KNOWINGLY released it anyway. It didn't involve anything special to perform, just doing a normal game activity.

Thanks for posting your new build Grimah. Always learn something new in such threads.
  • daswoolydaswooly Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    grimah1 wrote: »

You can see below that the crit chance is roughly the same but the flank chance is slightly higher with conduit, (Low flank from shard of avalanche is due to me using it alot before i use steal time. though the shard slam results are all over the place.

Type
    Damage
    Hit
    Crit
    Flank

All

Shardplosion
    67%
    7%

Sudden Storm
    58%
    50%

Chill Strike
    60%
    28%

Oppressive Force
    52%
    31%

Steal Time
    81%
    65%

Magic Missile
    55%
    47%

Storm Spell
    58%
    35%

Shard Slam
    26%
    13%

Type
    Damage
    Hit
    Crit
    Flank

All

Shardplosion
    51%
    14%

Sudden Storm
    68%
    63%

Conduit of Ice
    36%
    29%

Oppressive Force
    42%
    58%

Steal Time
    73%
    71%

Magic Missile
    54%
    46%

Storm Spell
    44%
    41%

Shard Slam
    8%
    24%

Not sure how to interpret these results really considering they were used on two different sets of enemies.
    edited August 2013
    both enemy sets are aoe/situations with roughly the same amount of enemies you need to nuke down at at a time. So i tried 2 aoe loadouts. I would repeat the same thing with the reverse, im sure the results would be similar. However i cant so i think its better to open you own thread if you wish to do your own comparison tests.

as for the bugs, some use them some dont, i cant control the group im in. Anyways, i have no idea if its a suspension of a permanent ban, so please continue this elsewhere just incase.

another thing interesting i didnt really test before, you can see that I used shard and steal time roughly the same amount of times but the shard damage is nearly double, and more than sudden storm. though im not discrediting steal time since it stuns well and does proc alot of abilities. Also sudden storm i was no always able to use it to hit maximum targets, im sure the results would be different if there was a GF in the party or I took EF mastery.
  • bubba1966bubba1966 Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    PM'd you grimah1
    edited October 2013
    I respecced after discovering new information and running some tests. I have updated the main post.

The short: I took wizard's wrath and focused wizardry now, because they work on nearly every aoe encounter and daily. These include all the ones i utilise, as well as damage from regular conduit of ice which means more single target damage.
    edited October 2013
    Opps /10char
  • takhisis2013takhisis2013 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is this a build that can be used for end game only or something that can be used to level on as well?