test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Transferring Astral Diamonds

hopehoranhopehoran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I created an in game ticket for a problem with the AD exchange. It says that if I have AD in the exchange, I can get to them from any of my characters. Not true. I want to delete a character of mine but want to transfer my 100k AD to another character. I put the AD on the exchange for ZEN and then cancelled by listing. The AD are only visible to the character that cancelled the listing.

I did everything I was supposed to. Not a peep from a GM. Nothing. Not even in the list of my open tickets. What gives? Is this the type of support (or lack of) you're going to offer us?

And before anybody says it's free to play, i know. Believe me. I've spent plenty of money when the game first came out and paid for the expansion extras. Believe me... I've paid.
Post edited by hopehoran on

Comments

• Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Did you create the character you want to transfer the AD to before or after you posted on the exchange? I'd assume that if it was after then it probably wouldn't show up , although I could be wrong , never tested it myself.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I believe this only works if your characters are on the same shard.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    hopehoranhopehoran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the replies. Different shards. That must be the problem?

Update - I had to buy Zen @ <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> AD and get the Zen on my new character.

Thank you for your help!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Please have a look here:
    SECTION III - PRICING AND ECONOMY

How do I claim the Astral Diamonds I received from my Neverwinter Pack?

Simply click on the "Astral Diamond Exchange" button at the top of your screen from within the game client, and then click on "Withdraw" to claim your Astral Diamonds.

After I claim the Astral Diamonds, can I transfer them?

When claimed on your character, no - they are bound to you. However, you can use the AD Exchange to transfer them to another character. To do this, you first need to open up the Astral Diamond Exchange (The Gem Icon on the Menu Bar) and then you will need to place an offer to Buy Zen for Astral Diamonds (in effect, selling your ADs - you'll most likely want to place an offer for the lowest value so it's not sold. 50 is the lowest for ADs). Immediately after placing the Listing, cancel the Listing on your active trades tab. This will then place those Astral Diamonds into an Exchange Pool.

You can then log out of that character and log in with a different character and go into the Exchange and claim them from your Exchange Pool. You cannot transfer Astral Diamonds across Shards however, as each Shard has it's own Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction Houses. You can only place refined Astral Diamonds into the Exchange.

You cannot give or transfer ADs between accounts or other players. To gain ADs from others, you must either use the Astral Diamond Exchange to buy or sell Astral Diamonds or use the Auction House to sell or buy wares for Astral Diamonds. You can however make small donations to Foundry Authors upon completing one of their Foundry Missions when you rate and review it.
    Please make sure both characters are on the same Shard that the Astral Diamonds are on. Their shard name is displayed on the character select screen, below and aligned to the right of each Character's name.

hopehoran wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. Different shards. That must be the problem?
    Thread subject changed accordingly, moved from Bugs to General.
  • Options
    ajronthankajronthank Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Immediately after placing the Listing, cancel the Listing on your active trades tab. This will then place those Astral Diamonds into an Exchange Pool. .
    Unfortunately, this not work now...

After clicking "cancel" - AD still in players pool, not in exchange. (server Dragon)
    Anyone testing this with success?
  • Options
    dost420dost420 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ajronthank wrote: »
    Unfortunately, this not work now...

After clicking "cancel" - AD still in players pool, not in exchange. (server Dragon)
    Anyone testing this with success?

it works fine. you must be doing something wrong.
  • Options
    echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just tried it myself, it worked. Transferred AD from one character into the Exchange, went over and canceled the exchange, then withdrew it all with my other character just fine.

Make sure you don't have anything already in the exchange, that the balance starts out as 0.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • Options
    grefinagrefina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I do it every other day... works fine. Just not across shards