test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you happy with the changes made by latest patch? Why?

Comments

• koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    furion192 wrote: »
    I feel sad for this game... It has a huge chance to become one of the best rpgmmo in history. Unfortunately they launched it way too early, very unprepared, this should've stayed in beta until the majority is satisfied and when the ranger class arrives. It's not too late though, but they're slowly losing player, 2 of my friends have "temporarily" quit in this game for it lacks diversity. And 70% of my friends in neverwinter are often offline.

All my friends either quit or outright refused to play for the same reasons. The same friends who played my 4th edition D&D campaigns.
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This thread is so full of truth, but not a single dev to be seen anywhere. Say what you want about POE, but those guys care about what they provide. As does the T2 team.
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    willstr wrote: »
    Hate the Bind on Pickup thing. No use of doing t2s now if u have all the gear already and need enchants only. Its boring...

But you can buy AD via the Zen exchange what's the problem ? :D
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The devs say they listened to the community's feedback.

75% of the community says they didn't.

LOL
    for real Cryptic?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, 'listen' doesn't mean 'do what people suggest'
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    I really do enjoy the Feywild content, but had to vote NO due to the litany of bugs (some of which, like the profession assets destroyed issue are truly severe) that have as yet not been well addressed by Cryptic.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    The devs say they listened to the community's feedback.

75% of the community says they didn't.

LOL
    for real Cryptic?

To be completely fair about it, the poll is only 366 voters. A subset of the whole, and valid data in and of itself, but it is still a small amount of the 2 million claim or even the most scathing of opinions of population at 100,000 active (that's a 95% loss or so over the 2 million claim).
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    azlanfox wrote: »
    To be completely fair about it, the poll is only 366 voters. A subset of the whole, and valid data in and of itself, but it is still a small amount of the 2 million claim or even the most scathing of opinions of population at 100,000 active (that's a 95% loss or so over the 2 million claim).

Hey, but we're not talking about a 49%-51% or even a 40%-60% result. It's a 25%-75%! that's a HUGE distance, which turns out to be quite representative if you ask me...

Do you think that in the middle of an electoral campaign they poll the entire population dozens of times per month during the electoral year in order to prepare, correct or reinforce their campaigns? No, they don't. They do random polls with a small sample and they trust the results enough to take them as seriously as to make modifications on their current schedules and plans. Besides, the final result with a bigger sample may vary by one or two points, either up or down.

Looking at the result of this poll, what result do you think it's better 23%-77% or 27%-73%? They may not look the same, but they both are telling us the same as the result of this poll, which sits at 25-75%. It means that around two thirds of the population is not pleased with the latest changes. That's what really matters, not the size of the representative test ammount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • danielvv1danielvv1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    azlanfox wrote: »

I wasn't really intending on posting here, but seeing this I have to.

almost 400 people, in this case, is more than enough to say that people are unhappy with this expansion. and it's not my opinion, it's statistics, plain and simple.

right now this poll has 91 YES and 276 NO, total 367. by this, an estimative of the margin of error would be +-9 votes for YES and +-16 votes for NO. not even tripling this margin you would overlap the 2 intervals, which means that the option NO is definitely "the winner". the number of voters alone cant invalidate this result.

you could argue that the people that post in the forum is not a good representation of the whole player base, which is possibly true. but saying that the number of votes is insufficient for a conclusion is just wrong. even the Cryptic Studios probably don't use that many people in their "satisfaction surveys", if they do it at all.
  • ohlahlahohlahlah Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    -new content
    -new content
    -new content
    -nerf
    -nerf
    -nerf
    -nerf
    -nerf
    -nerf
    -nerf
    -nerf
    -new feature
    All of this in an environment full of bugs.

I'm quite sure they didn't expect the community to be happy about the changes, or are they that naive?
  • morbidfunmorbidfun Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I found this thread quite amusing. Strangely enough, the thread was left alone.

Damage has been done, I suppose. Even the mods could care less about content on the forums.
  • joncansjoncans Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    397 total votes is less than 1 percent of the population of NW (2 million, may be inflated, but that is the official number). Forums are like customer service numbers. Have you ever called your phone or cable company to sing their praises? Didn't think so. Forums are troll caves, filled with negativity, and most importantly people NOT playing the game. I unfortunately share a computer with my wife, sooo that's why I'm not playing at the moment. And I voted Yes, I dig the expansion, and the Boons are AWESOME!!! The first STR boost put me over 7k Str, and my GS up to 14.7. Loving that!!!
    BladeRunner-Proud member of the BlackCloaks.
  • s3ven0fmines3ven0fmine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yatash wrote: »
    Guys stop playing this game for 1 month and u'll see new patch 6.7 We made some new changes, we removed the AD refine limit labalbala. after another 1 month We made 100 ad only per 1 daily quest

Good riddance! You are a known ninja looter and the game would be better off without you.
  • falconpurebloodfalconpureblood Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I didn't vote because there isn't a third option of yes and no. Yes I do like that extra content was added and personally I don't have a problem with the nerfs everyone has, that said I also have to say no due to the graphics bug and the quest bugs which occurred in areas that worked fine originally.

As for the nightmare issue, I'll be honest I am tired of seeing posts on it. What's done is done. Get over it and move on already. If you are that upset don't complain and say you're quitting the game, just quit and be done with it already. Like an old friend once told me. It's all applesauce.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ohlahlah wrote: »
    -new content
    -new content
    -new content
    -nerf
    -nerf
    -nerf
    -nerf
    -nerf
    -nerf
    -nerf
    -nerf
    -new feature
    All of this in an environment full of bugs.

I'm quite sure they didn't expect the community to be happy about the changes, or are they that naive?
    ^this
    /10char
  • marlzmarlz Member Posts: 102
    edited August 2013
    aside from the patch, i am still mega peeved about no reply on any of the countless posts about racial trait changes and start dice rolls, and if i go make another thread on it, it will most likely be removed as a few of mine were locked for no reason during the weekend when it had zero to do with the currently spamed threads on the same issues, and if i got dig for a already made post about the topic i wish to be adress it will most likely get locked under the rules of "necro-posting" yay right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • renscotsonrenscotson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I honestly haven't even played much of this patch yet, waiting for a friend so we can do the content together. But from everything I'm reading in this thread, no this is a poorly done patch that should of been in testing longer.

I am very disappointed with their decision with the nightmare lockboxes, giving exploiters a free pass. I'm also very frustrated with the state of the Foundry, as I'm getting very near to publishing my module and very excited to begin work on my next module.

I honestly haven't played very much at all, outside of the events. I log in once a day to get my celestial coins, and to work on my leadership profession.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    Hey, but we're not talking about a 49%-51% or even a 40%-60% result. It's a 25%-75%! that's a HUGE distance, which turns out to be quite representative if you ask me...

Do you think that in the middle of an electoral campaign they poll the entire population dozens of times per month during the electoral year in order to prepare, correct or reinforce their campaigns? No, they don't. They do random polls with a small sample and they trust the results enough to take them as seriously as to make modifications on their current schedules and plans. Besides, the final result with a bigger sample may vary by one or two points, either up or down.

Looking at the result of this poll, what result do you think it's better 23%-77% or 27%-73%? They may not look the same, but they both are telling us the same as the result of this poll, which sits at 25-75%. It means that around two thirds of the population is not pleased with the latest changes. That's what really matters, not the size of the representative test ammount.

Forum posters are a very specific population, they feel more committed to the game they play. I asked my guildies about the changes, most of them are happy with sharandar, and even if they are a bit disappointed by the TR and GWF changes (who wouldn't be disappointed when it's not as easy as before), they deal with it, used happily the free respec as an opportunity to try something else, and moved on. I haven't heard any complaint from them except because of crashes and disconnects.

So, yes, this poll is far from being significant.
  • vaffanchtulhuvaffanchtulhu Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Forum posters are a very specific population, they feel more committed to the game they play. I asked my guildies about the changes, most of them are happy with sharandar, and even if they are a bit disappointed by the TR and GWF changes (who wouldn't be disappointed when it's not as easy as before), they deal with it, used happily the free respec as an opportunity to try something else, and moved on. I haven't heard any complaint from them except because of crashes and disconnects.

So, yes, this poll is far from being significant.

Or maybe it's just your guildies opinion that is far from being significant.
    At least the negative feedback threads on the forum come from a number of posters that I feel it's far bigger and more "significative", even from a mereley statistic point of view, than your guildies'.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Or maybe it's just your guildies opinion that is far from being significant.
    At least the negative feedback threads on the forum come from a number of posters that I feel it's far bigger and more "significative", even from a mereley statistic point of view, than your guildies'.

They are just the average people not caring enough about a game to spend hours on a forum to complain about it.
  • conchitobananoconchitobanano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    They are just the average people not caring enough about a game to spend hours on a forum to complain about it.

Therefore your comment is far from being significant itself,,,,
  • timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    joncans wrote: »
    397 total votes is less than 1 percent of the population of NW (2 million, may be inflated, but that is the official number). Forums are like customer service numbers. Have you ever called your phone or cable company to sing their praises? Didn't think so. Forums are troll caves, filled with negativity, and most importantly people NOT playing the game. I unfortunately share a computer with my wife, sooo that's why I'm not playing at the moment. And I voted Yes, I dig the expansion, and the Boons are AWESOME!!! The first STR boost put me over 7k Str, and my GS up to 14.7. Loving that!!!

You only sing praises when there is something worthwhile to sing. For neverwinter, you sing when you are "lucky". Are you one of the LUCKY players?
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    well, 'listen' doesn't mean 'do what people suggest'

hhaahahahaha.
  • willstrwillstr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited August 2013
    I voted for having more end game content which obviously we all got ( sharandar ). But i didnot vote to take away content which we already had... no point in doing t2 dungeons for fully developed character... only Malabog and CN remain...
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    new campaigns are sadly only time-sinks that are unfun once you have done them 3 days in a row. collect plants, kill spiders, kill trash mobs for fey crystals, kill trolls, do this, do that... well that's basically it and they force me to do this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> only to unlock certain areas or stuff.
  • dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    As a f2p gwf, playing the game was already only completing some foundries like Bill Tavern. I long ago stopped queueing for dungeons, near lvl 30 maybe. My gear is a mix of T1, berserk, heroic duelist, bladestorm, gemmed with lvl 6 enchants, the ones I can fuse. A skirmish like Aberrant Assault is too difficult (gwfs tend to be a vulnerable class in a room with red circles/triangles.trapezoids, and there are plenty in the final room), same goes for epic dungeons.

Given this not-so-epic gameplay of mine, I thought I would not be affected really by the Aug 22nd nerf. Errr, patch. But I was. I can still complete Bill Tavern, but I need either to summon a cleric pet instead of a striker pet, or to drink potions. And I may still die. The effect of Unstoppable has become Unnoticeable (btw, that may be a good idea for the devs, renaming Unstoppable into Unnoticeable). And yes, there are all these crashes.

My biggest concern though, is what to do in the game now.
    Gearing up? Before the Aug 22nd nerf/patch I had the long-term goal of buying an Ancient Castle weapon, after getting 500k AD from completing 500 times Bill Tavern. Not any more. Looting one? First I would have to get included in a dungeon group. Then the group would have to actually defeat the boss, despite having a gwf among them.
    The Campaign? I have no reason to think that it will be any easier than Bill Tavern.
    Crafting? Alas I have read somewhere here that for weaponry you need 4 Zen-shop assets.

I can understand that this game being a business, as a f2p I was only allowed to play a demo of sorts. And the time has come when I've seen all the content of this demo.
    English is not my first language.
  • recks69recks69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    calvin1tag wrote: »
    Dear god every patch makes this game worse it seems. As of the last "balance" our guild of about 60-70 characters have all left to play other games except myself and two others. Some of the GF's have vowed never to return after how the stalwart set nerf was handled

Other issues include. (Note all are related to PVE as PVP in this game is a whole separate post of issues )

Game crashes
    GWF even worse then before which I would have thought impossible
    Clerics nerfed? What on earth were they thinking the DC already is nearly as broken as the GWF and you kick them both when their down. Good job guys :(

The New area using the WoW timer for dailies sucks but I don't see it changing. For people that don't have a lot of time to play or play a lot maybe one or two days a week this model sucks

I could go on but I'm fairly certain no one reads these posts that can effect change anymore anyways.

I have spent more on this game then any game I have ever played and I'm ready to walk away at this point and go back to consoles or other MMO's at least they are stable and you don't keep paying for minor update content (I've bought all the packs, 100's of keys, numerous game game cards etc).

I really hope they separate PvP and PvE balance issues soon, fix the ridiculous boss adds mechanic and a host of other issues many have mentioned in the many posts above.

This pretty much summarizes why I voted "No".

There were many things to be unhappy about in this patch, but the Cleric changes were especially irritating. It is not clear what the vision is for this class. The adjustments (i.e. nerfs) are not small, like the 2 or 5% you might see in other MMOs. They are huge and confusing. Plus, one free respec does not cover the experimentation necessary to adjust builds.

I really want to like Neverwinter, but it keeps sliding in the not-fun direction with every major patch. I've spent ~$300 to date but I certainly won't be spending another dime because I just don't know if this game will last. It feels like it "jumped the shark" already.
  • synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't even log in to pray on my toons anymore. I was tempted to today but then thought, "Even if you do get enough coins for that purple companion pet...they'll just sell the same thing in a different color on the Zen Store a few weeks later so why bother?". LOL

I was such a fan of this game in beta (beta-beta, not psuedo live-beta hybrid)...enough to splurge on the HoTN Founders-which-would-then-be-rebranded-as-Neverwinter-Pack. After over a decade of MMO gaming, you come to expect botched releases and mistakes in the early stages of the game. But it almost defies logic how so many companies can not only make the same mistakes that their failed predecessors have but seem to actually go out of their way to do blatantly worse. From (mis)handling bugs & exploits to shady marketing ploys, from the performance of the developers inside the game to the performance of the staff on the forums, the entire experience has just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Despite all of this, I think the game will eventually be good to great but it just needs more time in the oven. It took Champs and STO a couple of years and I'll check back in on this game periodically to see if they learned anything from those game and can maybe cut that time in half or better. I actually hope so because the game still has promise to me.
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No main reason game is crashing out of no where land.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.