test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you happy with the changes made by latest patch? Why?

Comments

• Options
    mikgamerzmikgamerz Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2013
    mryuz wrote: »
    ive yet to recieve that Rank 8 Dark Enchants *roll eyes*

I was sleeping then working impatient *******.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    guille23mx wrote: »
    Yeah until you get to the BOSS with TONS of ADDS and you realize you can't Cheat and Wipe Over and Over again just to realize the Reward you're gonna Get from that Boss is Actually Needed BEFORE you attempt it.... so you clearly have to buy it in the AH....how ?
    With ZEN....
    So I for 1 can't see how am I supposed to play this game without expending REAL MONEY!....Besides....try to PUG sometime a T2 dungeon to see if cheating works with a 90% of ill gear and inexperienced players you get as companions and come back to give us Real Lessons on how to PUG... maybe without your GUILDIES.

I've done all kinds of parties. Not easy with pugs but if find ones that are willing to talk then you're OK.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I am in no way defending this game with how the developers have handled patches and bugs but god **** are a lot of you the laziest "hand me free stuff NOW" players I have ever seen...
  • Options
    ukatoenasniukatoenasni Member Posts: 224 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I think the majority of the content is fine - it provides something for solo-players at 60 to do during/instead of the dungeon grind and still get at least something useable beyond just running Foundry missions to death. For other systems introduced, I think the concept is a wonderful idea, but as per usual with Cryptic games, the implementation and testing left a lot to be desired, and the response to feedback has either been non-existant (or if they ARE planning something to alleviate concerns, they are being again typically Cryptic about it and being rather glacial about it) or too slow in coming.

The balance changes were also a bit of a wash for me - they were rushed and lacked a lot of discussion as to the context. DCs and GWFs in particular got hit fairly hard without a lot of discussion, and neither were exactly in stellar places to start with ('viable' and 'effective' are two entirely different terms, after all). They frankly should have postponed some of those changes until they had a better set of other balance changes to go with them (as I sincerely hope they don't plan on leaving either class in their current state), or been far more reactive on giving the proper context (not that I expect Cryptic to be on the ball with that).

I wouldn't say I'm truly happy - I'm content given my expectations of the developing company in question. They could've done far, far better then they did, and it's a shame they didn't. Maybe next time, but I'm not holding my breath then either.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    minklemooreminklemoore Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm actually happy because this will teach another hard lessons to all people giving this company more credit than it's due.

On the other hand, I really hope the game won't die. In fact it's the perfect bait to lure a whole lot of fat kids with insane obsession for merely decorative stuff and lobotomy mechanics and keep them away from more serious games, thus performing a more than welcome natural selection.

I think that PWE and these kids represent the perfect combo and should stick together for all the eternity.

In such perspective, long live Neverwinter.

^this
    and the last thing i want is for neverwinter to shutdown allowing the forum mods to go to the games i actually play. -,-

yes mods, i know, i'm not being 'constructive'... *roll eyes*
  • Options
    kouroumbelokouroumbelo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The content looks cool,is nice to play around the new zones etc..

The main problem is,game seems more AD demanding(when ur options of getting AD were limited) and the rewards of the content dont seem great.

New armour sets are not better than previous ones.
    New weapon/off hand set is SLIGHTLY better than CN one (but you need proffesion lvl 20 and still a chance to make ).

So in general i think shiny mobs that give 0 reward+game more money dependent^^.

Instead of the daily quests would be nice to see a few extra dungeons that drop items same or at least better than previous?
    Mb some extra pvp modes etc....stuff like that dunno.
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    I like the fact that my queue times (as a DC) are even shorter than before....seems there is a real shortage of DCs now.
    I am shocked and amazed! How can this be true? Surely everyone rerolled as a DC!
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    NO im not happy.

For DC there isnt a single item i want for the new expansion, MC weapon are BoP so i dont even care to run it since i wont get any reward, i dont want to spend +2mil AD on Assets to get the new weapon.... Mostly when is worst than CN weps... Armor penetration for DC's... RLY ??

The new set bonus is not bad but again.... Armor Penetration for DC's... ??? No thanks i prefer to have high recover.

So, this expansion doesnt add nothing for end game players (at least for DC's in my opinion), yes it will take some time to get all the boons but thats all i want from the new expansion.

For me it will be the same old... farming T2 to sell on AH.... I love the game combat but eventually i will get bored and quit the game which is rly a shame :/
  • Options
    somedogesomedoge Member Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    ^this
    and the last thing i want is for neverwinter to shutdown allowing the forum mods to go to the games i actually play. -,-

yes mods, i know, i'm not being 'constructive'... *roll eyes*

^One hundred time this.^

Yes please mods, stay here. Don't go anywhere else, I absolutely agree with the statement above. We all love you so much right where you are.
    I'm actually happy because this will teach another hard lessons to all people giving this company more credit than it's due.

On the other hand, I really hope the game won't die. In fact it's the perfect bait to lure a whole lot of fat kids with insane obsession for merely decorative stuff and lobotomy mechanics and keep them away from more serious games, thus performing a more than welcome natural selection.

I think that PWE and these kids represent the perfect combo and should stick together for all the eternity.

^Even more so this.^

The fact that this game has become a trap for the insignificant and unskilled player has changed my negative views completely about this game. In my world this game now provides a meaningful and practical service. Thank you for filtering out the cancer PWE/Cryptic.
  • Options
    vatesbladevatesblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26
    edited August 2013
    NO Absolutly Not !! Making crafted gear bound to the crafter is the stupidest thing ive ever heard of!! And then you make the new item sets require a crafted item from your new professions. Quiting Crafting Now, Probably Quiting Game Too, this is just terribly sad management!
  • Options
    angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I really liked the game (the devil may care attitude about exploiters not withstanding) but last revise messed my cw up and I went from doing pretty good to pretty fail. SO, I played DC instead. Now, I am back to cw and honestly, I dont understand why clerics are made to squish. You dont see firemen or police officers looking scrawny - why are clerics?
    Either way I am back to CW and pretty happy with the changes (I use control more than chill, heard there are issues there).

As for the pack...

Unicorn is as girly as one would expect, glad I am a girl - my rl hubby is glad he did not buy it. The stone/ring thing is another waste - I really wish they would make rings you buy based on a percent so they are useful longer. The best item was the gem thing- that is really cool and so happy graphix work even over costume. The sylph- better than I thought- but jury is out till she is leveled. Outfit is better than I thought it would be - well done guys.

I like the area, but it has a more fantasy feel than other maps.
    vatesblade wrote: »
    NO Absolutly Not !! Making crafted gear bound to the crafter is the stupidest thing ive ever heard of!! And then you make the new item sets require a crafted item from your new professions. Quiting Crafting Now, Probably Quiting Game Too, this is just terribly sad management!

I am just glad it was not like alchemy to level lol.
    Binding these items is silly.

There is my 2 cents.
  • Options
    darclonddarclond Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I voted No, and I'm not having any tech issues.

What I do have issue with is the X-Pac in general, not only does it have an extremely childish look and feel with the ridiculous fairies and unicorn (that contrary to the bogus blog claims is not awesome at all), but the daily quest line mechanic seems to be taken directly from the World of Grindcraft! If I wanted to waste my time grinding out dailies, I would go back to WoW. On top of that, causing the high end gear to be BoP robs the AH and means that your only choice to get gear is to grind through these ridiculous dailies or run the same dungeon over and over and over (Ad nauseam). One of the great things about this game was not feeling like I had to grind, but I guess originality is too much to ask, just copy the worst of WoW and hope for the best. This x-pac is trending towards epic fail!
  • Options
    durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I voted NO!!!

Exploit DG is still linger until now. GWF issue is not solve! they even make new one.
  • Options
    swampgas666swampgas666 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not happy at all. The few positives are way overshadowed by the many negatives.
  • Options
    ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No, I am not happy. Since Feywild has gone live the nice white hair color of dwarvish GF has become an ugly grey. and NO, this is NOT related to shader graphics settings! I want the white hair color for my dwarf back!
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mikgamerz wrote: »
    I was sleeping then working impatient *******.

What server you on again? I have a 60 dc on mindflayer. :)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    writer12 wrote: »
    The Nightmare bug is what ruined it for me. I couldn't care about the bug or the exploiters. What I care about was how this company chosen to deal with it. It sets up a precedent for future actions of a similar nature.

I liked the changes in the module, but I am NOT happy with how certain issues are dealt with.

If its an exploit that they make a bunch of cash from sure it will happen all over again. The only focus of this game is to make money, you do know its a F2P game model.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm happy and i am a GWF. But that is mainly because of the foundry additions. :) Sure, i have to change my build a bit, but things like this happen in mmo's. The player has to adapt to the changes, not the other way around. Ok, unstoppable is worse than ever before... but this is about the only thing that bothers me about the patch.

Great update, we apreciate the work and hours you've put into it.

• Options
    gardhullgardhull Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Or they'll realize that farming dungeons outside of DD bonus just became 100 times more profitable, because unbound gear, that doesn't depend on the box, suddenly became much more valuable.

Is it just DD chest gear that bind on pickup? Kinda doubt it. I bet it's all chest gear.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I am not a hardcore gamer i do like the expansion so far. I really loved the nightmare exploit LOL then the company says well done to the exploiters. YOu all do know for a FACT if the company never made a dime off this exploit people would of got the stuff taken away and temp ban. But since they made a bunch of cash nothing will be done about it. I think they let this one go so as to sell a bunch of keys. they did know about it before full launch. Since they said quodos to you all that exploit then i guess we all should exploit as much as we can.

Since this is going negative against the company you know whats going to happen.

PS i never did the nightmare exploit because i thought it was wrong. But from now on its all fair game i guess.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    What server you on again? I have a 60 dc on mindflayer. :)

mindflayer
  • Options
    gardhullgardhull Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Funniest post ever!
  • Options
    barthanbarthan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The developers have no clue what Never Winter was or could have been. The nerf was terrible. The new land is down right awe-full. If I wanted to play in Disney land I would have. I play Aol Never Winter Knights back in the day from 1991 through 1997 then the bio ware version as well. This place is nothing compared to those and just shows the developers greed for money nothing more. To build a successful game you need to build a community.(Developers listen closely) You have to bring people together not apart and it not all about the money. Pvp is much as part of the world as is pve if you think it is not your are wrong. I am very disappointed in this game from what it could of have been. Some like questing some like pvp stop taking the easy road out and do some work! Make some lands that have to be crossed that are pvp lands to get to the next map. I can go on but feel I am wasting my breath! You didn't build a good game. Your flow chart was broken from the start! Wish you luck fixing it now the damage has been done!
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wanted to love this patch so bad but now I despise it. Bug after bug after nightmare exploit/bug and now it's a good chance I won't get my expensive-*** assets back because one of the bugs from this patch deleted them. So no, I hate the changes this patch did.:mad:
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    danielvv1danielvv1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This poll shouldn't be yes or no, there are things that I liked and things that I didn't.

I like the mechanic behind the campaign; a whole end-game content that can be soloed and doesn't take so many unrewarding hours per day (most of which doing NOTHING while waiting to enter a dungeon), it's the first casual-friendly thing I see a MMO create. Salvaging is also good, I just wish they let us salvage blues too in the future.

but I really hate the new bugs (why the hell did you launch an expansion with SO ****ING MANY of them???) and the unnecessary nerf of GWF. I even agree that unstoppable ALONE was overpowered, but all the rest was UNDERpowered so the whole class felt ok; and now the whole class feels so bad... my level 20 wizard created 3 days ago is feeling a lot more awesome than my level 60 GWF. this is why I voted I'm NOT happy with this new content.
  • Options
    glanngalladglanngallad Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mryuz wrote: »
    I just want to know whats the opinion of the majority. This poll will, in a way, show us if Cryptic was telling the truth when they said that the changes were made based on players feedback.

How can you be happy with crummy loot, repeatable boring quests, and Nerfed classes?
  • Options
    kaoriel1983kaoriel1983 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can't really say whether I like it or not because I can't access the new content - and haven't had a GM reply for over 18 hours now. Great service.
  • Options
    mryuzmryuz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 71
    edited August 2013
    mikgamerz wrote: »
    mindflayer

baah you sent me 8pcs rank 2 dark. lol
    come on you said its so easy to farm right? that this patch should not in anyways affect how you farm ad. then send me my 2pcs Rank 8 Dark now pls :)
  • Options
    alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited August 2013
    Rogues gain in LA teleport and immune to CC. This was to be a nerf for PvP ... Really? GWF released with unstoppable with nerf and bug but remade LA to make it better for PvP despite the reduction in damage.
  • Options
    rexhungusrexhungus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I stopped playing when I saw the GWF nerf coming. I started playing Rift instead, actually I was debating LOTRO or Rift. The best feature of this game is the combat, so much fun. However, it doesn't offset the negatives enough to keep me playing. There are so many games online to chose from that are worthwhile to play, companies don't have the luxury to screw around with their player base. I played SWTOR for a few months starting from the launch date before hanging up my lightsaber. It had some similar problems, but the bottomline was the Devs didn't listen to the players and glitches went unresolved, and new content only added new glitches. Stacked glitches = epic failure.