test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes - August 26, 2013

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited September 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
Content and Environment
  • Issues with not being able to see enemies and environment far away on some maps such as Saving Honor should be resolved.

Foundry
  • Teleporters should no longer be dropping players in unexpected locations.
  • The pregenerated Farmlands map 1 should now have an appropriate amount of trees populating its countryside again.

Stability
  • Several client crashes have been resolved.

Systems and Items
  • Great Weapon Fighter: Unstoppable should no longer turn off prematurely when Determination is gained.
  • Cleric: Miracle Healer Set: Resolved issue with the DoT effect being reapplied more often than expected.
  • Potion of Red Cap Slaying Potion: Can now be properly purchased from the New Sharandar Bounty Vendors for Fomorian Concoctions.
  • Gilded Spider Mount should now be in the Wondrous Bazaar.
  • Dragon's attacks should now properly hit their designated targets instead of appearing to land in one area but hit another.
  • Profession assets should not longer be consumed unexpectedly in some cases.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    w3est0fn0w3r3w3est0fn0w3r3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Was in for 5 min and crashed
  • Options
    kobrakai2kobrakai2 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Dragons still bugged, got killed by breath attack when the red marker was the other side of the map from me.

Game still crashes all the time.
  • Options
    the1prometheusthe1prometheus Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ever since logging in after the maintenance/launch of the Feywild patch last Thursday when I click on the link to start Neverwinter it now takes 4-minutes and 30 seconds to reach just the character select screen. Ever since before the official launch of Neverwinter until last Thursday it used to take me 35-45 seconds from clicking the shortcut to BE IN THE GAME...

The delay is still happening after today's patch. Is this something you are aware of and looking into solving? It's VERY annoying.
  • Options
    shade53713shade53713 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ever since logging in after the maintenance/launch of the Feywild patch last Thursday When I click on the link to start Neverwinter it now takes 4-minutes and 30 seconds to reach just the character select screen. Ever since before the official launch of Neverwinter until last Thursday it used to take me 35-45 seconds from clicking the shortcut to BE IN THE GAME...

The delay is still happening after today's patch. Is this something you are aware of and looking into to? It's VERY annoying.

I'm having the same issue. I just came back to the game to give it another chance after having problems and I can't say I'm impressed.
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I see you fixed the Devote Cleric bugged set bonus, but the CW set bonus is still UNFIXED. But anyway... those patchnotes are kinda lame, let me tell you.

I was expecting a FIX on flame strike, which doesen't crit anymore and forgemasters flame, which has had it's healing reduced.

If they were intentional changes (a.k.a. nerfing and already nerfed class) I can't recall reading those in the previous patchnotes.
    If they were unintended changes (a.k.a. you break everything you touch) I can't see you fixing those ASAP (like in these patchnotes). No... of course not. Why would you, right?

I don't know what you guys are playing to, but the Devoted Cleric population is beggining to get real pissed so I suggest you guys do something about it ASAP and stop the ridiculous nerfs and the ninja-nerfs. Instead of nerfing us further, which doesen't serve any other purpose other than diminishing the already scarce DC population, do us a favor and fix the bugs that have been present since like... open beta?? And boost some of those worthless skills and feats nobody ever uses. Give us a break and start doing your job properly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    started with had the missing tiles and people video problem> looked in known issues thread> did suggestion. change setting to 9e/11> game worked ok
    logged off, every time I try to log in now. I get booted just before character list

updated video driver- tried logging in
    error detected with game> verify files> play> booted just before character screen
    same error message as first page.

congratulations your fix from known issues thread,seems to have broken it.
    Ticket sent in asking for someone to log in from their side and change the settings back
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ahsmagnetahsmagnet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wow

i am afraid to log in now....
  • Options
    ahsmagnetahsmagnet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ahsmagnet wrote: »
    wow

i am afraid to log in now....

everything is so slow

takes 30-45 seconds for say the auction to even start loading after clicking the gavel icon on the toolbar

delayed reactions to combat commands

buttons not recognizing the cursor is on the for several seconds

etc
  • Options
    psycadelicapsycadelica Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2013
    Dread Vault : Tebntacles hitting even though no where near the intended area of their attack

Malabog castle : end boss dragon also hitting outside the intended attack area ( was a bit closer to attack area in malabog than dread vault, dread vaults rediculouse, tentacles just seem to hit anyone withing attacking range doesnt mater if they are surrounding tentacle)
  • Options
    baktanus666baktanus666 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Crashes still happen. I think it's even worse than before the update.
  • Options
    shylereshylere Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Content and Environment
    • Issues with not being able to see enemies and environment far away on some maps such as Saving Honor should be resolved.

Foundry
    • Teleporters should no longer be dropping players in unexpected locations.
    • The pregenerated Farmlands map 1 should now have an appropriate amount of trees populating its countryside again.

Stability
    • Several client crashes have been resolved.

Systems and Items
    • Great Weapon Fighter: Unstoppable should no longer turn off prematurely when Determination is gained.
    • Cleric: Miracle Healer Set: Resolved issue with the DoT effect being reapplied more often than expected.
    • Potion of Red Cap Slaying Potion: Can now be properly purchased from the New Sharandar Bounty Vendors for Fomorian Concoctions.
    • Gilded Spider Mount should now be in the Wondrous Bazaar.
    • Dragon's attacks should now properly hit their designated targets instead of appearing to land in one area but hit another.
    • Profession assets should not longer be consumed unexpectedly in some cases.

This is not a fix,my gwf,isn't working properly,the game still crashes,and now upon entering some foundry's the world is gone and I have to map out,i do know how hard it is to change code,it can effect other things,so how about-just go back to how it was,change the things only for the pvp side.
  • Options
    shylereshylere Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    and btw I spend more here then I do on 2 sub games I play&and if this can't be resolved,guess which one I wont be playing anymore.
  • Options
    farfig1337farfig1337 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Castle Never Draco still glitched attacks hit way outside of red areas.

Crescendo still not CC Immune same with Spinning Strike.

GWF Unstoppable activation glitch still not fixed.
  • Options
    psycadelicapsycadelica Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2013
    seems all boss's attack area's are a screwed up, i actually failed Dv normal other day ( i know shameing ) pre patch i could duo easy with no healer just plain dps, 30 mins my life waste there
  • Options
    nomminguznomminguz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so... 900mb patch, for this?
  • Options
    sutekhonesutekhone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    [*]Profession assets should not longer be consumed unexpectedly in some cases

I lost 7 Adventurers due to this bug (as have many others). Any idea when I will get these back? Made a ticket but we know how often lost item tickets are answered...
  • Options
    iquariquar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    At least they're trying their best to solve the problem. Trust me, in Raiderz, no one dares to fix any problems in game. Also, I'm experiencing this problems too. So, just give them time. :)
  • Options
    oweltaxzoweltaxz Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i can say that the lag and crash issue i experience have significantly reduced though it is still there. gone from unbearable to kinda playable now. thanks cryptic we know you can still improve gameplay quality.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Still haven't bothered updating, and so glad i've not played since before Feywild was dropped into the game (using that term lightly)
  • Options
    keltz0rkeltz0r Member Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    Final boss of malabog's castle is still bugged, the aoe radius is way bigger than the red area shows and the breath attack can kill you from 5 meters away.
    No longer playing NW
  • Options
    rofehrrofehr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So we can say back to beta or better alpha :mad:
  • Options
    piotrek81piotrek81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You're overreacting...have some more patience. Devs trying to do best they can do. I have played most of MMO's and barely see devs talk on any forums and weekly patches. Bugs just happen..deal with it. Still game is fun!!!
  • Options
    rofehrrofehr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    piotrek81 wrote: »
    You're overreacting...have some more patience. Devs trying to do best they can do. I have played most of MMO's and barely see devs talk on any forums and weekly patches. Bugs just happen..deal with it. Still game is fun!!!

Why always came new bugs in parts who already works.
    Example auction house, sorting button?
  • Options
    lysendroslysendros Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No, it's not acceptable.
    There's no excuse, I'm wondering if the developers check their content thoroughly before launching it, because there are ALWAYS bugs.

Foundry editing is still not allowed; When will this be fixed? I'm behind schedule by three or four days now with this latest Foundry quest, and I'm not waiting weeks to get back in to edit.
  • Options
    jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    by the way, i cant log atm in the game.. can anyone tell me please how many AD costs the spider mount please?
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • Options
    kszplkszpl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey Guys ! What about stealth bugging ? In every pvp im stuck with broken stealth meter and have to die to do anything in this case.
  • Options
    statazstataz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The final boss of castle never is still bugged. and foundry too
  • Options
    dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lysendros wrote: »
    No, it's not acceptable.
    There's no excuse, I'm wondering if the developers check their content thoroughly before launching it, because there are ALWAYS bugs.

Foundry editing is still not allowed; When will this be fixed? I'm behind schedule by three or four days now with this latest Foundry quest, and I'm not waiting weeks to get back in to edit.

i think the devs know about all these problems, its just a business decision when and what to publish
    the devs are incompetent in managing the code though with old bugs reappearing after bigger patches

overall i came to the conclusion that this game is not worth spending time on
  • Options
    be4marcbe4marc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since the patch the game crashed 3 times
    The Price of Pride is 7 Billion Death.

Le Prix de la Fierte est 7 Milliards de Morts.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    started with had the missing tiles and people video problem> looked in known issues thread> did suggestion. change setting to 9e/11> game worked ok
    logged off, every time I try to log in now. I get booted just before character list

updated video driver- tried logging in
    error detected with game> verify files> play> booted just before character screen
    same error message as first page.

congratulations your fix from known issues thread,seems to have broken it.
    Ticket sent in asking for someone to log in from their side and change the settings back
    ok finally fixed this.

uninstalled game(not kidding)
    and reinstalled it

It now works.
    bad news is, i now have ARC
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.