test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you happy with the changes made by latest patch? Why?

Comments

• chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow, I expected hate, but not THIS much. Cryptic is so full of ****. This entire patch is a pathetic mistake, just more ways to get the Zen flowing. My build was ruined. Just feel like crafting now and finding ways to get on top of buildings in PE since the glitches are still everywhere. Worthless.
  • nordveignordveig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    To be quite honest I haven't noticed anything. Maybe that's because I only use one char the Devoted Cleric. People were saying that Sunburst was nerfed, I can actually see the healing in dungeon raids make a difference, not a huge difference but it's there.

I'm really wondering what's with the hostility and swearing I don't see this on other game forums. Ok I do think that sometimes it looks like they're trying to make money from players but I didn't think it's that bad and I like the game.
  • koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I think the player base has been dropping fairly fast since Launch, but I would have thought Feywild would have brought some back.
    Yesterday afternoon US time there were fewer than 1000 in the PE, and fewer than 200 in Sharandar on my toon's server. Multiply by 3 to add the other servers and you're almost at 5000 between the most popular zone and the new content.

/2 million accounts!
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Yesterday afternoon US time there were fewer than 1000 in the PE, and fewer than 200 in Sharandar on my toon's server. Multiply by 3 to add the other servers and you're almost at 5000 between the most popular zone and the new content.

/2 million accounts!

So how many were in dungeons? or pvp? or the daily instances of sharandar? or on an alt? Peak play time is when most people actually play the game, not sit in PE

Obviously there aren't 2 million players but to say less than 5k people on b/c of your server's PE/Sharandar population is a bit naive..
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • minxybumminxybum Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    poor decisions
    makes ingame even more boring
    even more zen sided
    same old **** content but nerfs making it even longer and more boring
    same old unbalanced boring pvp
    another lovely prof wanting meny meny zens
    nightmare thursday
    all the account hacking going on via their bull**** gateway
    everyone who was rich got even richer/is still rich, new players are even poorer leaving a huge void between players gear wise making things even more ****ty
    blah blah blah
  • koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    So how many were in dungeons? or pvp? or the daily instances of sharandar? or on an alt? Peak play time is when most people actually play the game, not sit in PE

Obviously there aren't 2 million players but to say less than 5k people on b/c of your server's PE/Sharandar population is a bit naive..
    I didn't say 5000 total, I said 5000 in the most popular location and the new content (which theoretically should be popular since it's new). How much would you like to multiply that between other zones and instances?
  • kounoupigkounoupig Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    so um... a question for the devs
    75+% are unhappy with the patch... what will be done to fix this? when will it be done?
    if nothing will be done, please let us know so i can stop wasting my time and move on to some other game.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kounoupig wrote: »
    so um... a question for the devs
    75+% are unhappy with the patch... what will be done to fix this? when will it be done?
    if nothing will be done, please let us know so i can stop wasting my time and move on to some other game.

They will never acknowledge that they screwed up. I am just login in to craft and bye bye, did the 3 days of the event and after the second individual run in the cave was enough to be bored.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    no.
    you nullify all my efforts to build a toon around stalwart mechanics. You completely remove a whole mechanic and now my GF is ruined.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am not happy and barely playing.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • mryuzmryuz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 71
    edited August 2013
    7.5 of 10. not good

1 whole week still no fixed for the following:
    -random crash
    -stealth bug
    -unstoppable bug
  • koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I hate the last patch. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. And the one before that too. I hate the whole dumb expansion. Boo-hoo. May Bahamut have mercy on the devs' souls.
  • mrslong1985mrslong1985 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    they caused so many more bugs, i cannot even patch the game, nor download the game from the arc downloader
  • koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Wow, 80 people got lucky! :D
  • veramisveramis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can cryptic pay attention to how many people are going to gauntlgrym and t2 dungeons now? It's ridiculous. The Kentucky Derby is ruined.
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've been playing this game pretty hardcore for the last couple of months, but since the Feywild release my interest in the game is quickly waning and I'm finding myself logging-in less and less.

The reason? No incentive to do any dungeons. The well-established dungeons now have minimal rewards, and the new dungeon is no different for me because the new armor and weapons for Clerics are awful soloing gear that would be a detriment to the playstyle of most players of the class.

Running dungeons before this patch was exciting because there was a chance a very expensive item would drop, and the lucky person who won it would get a lot of money in return. This kept the interest of the players who already had the best armor and weapons for every slot. Without this incentive, you will lose those endgame players.

Perhaps that is what you want? A game with a higher turnover of new players, rather than one with a strong base of dedicated long-term players.
  • smaltosmalto Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hate it, just absolutely hate it. Tossing in more **** dailies is a game killer. I don't want to play a game that feels like a chore. Having to do the same bloody gaggle of quests over and over and over is just garbage. It's one thing if you want to toss out dailies just for a way to boost up coin or ad or something, but when they are forced upon me in order to progress I just want to vomit. I logged in today and I read up about this patch and I'm afraid if this is the direction that development is going, then it's time to retire and move on. It's lazy creativity. I'm a pay guy. I buy probably 2k zen a week or so. Sorry, but you've lost that income if you continue with this route. I'd rather dump the money into another project heading in a creative direction that doesn't involve progressive-dailies. Have the courage to take a chance with your creative design.

This isn't even taking into consideration the horrible class balance decisions, the ungodly bugs, crashes and lagging, and making dungeons nearly useless. Whoever is in charge of this fiasco should be fired, and everyone who agreed it was a good idea. I mean seriously, you give away a race for free after making people pay for it? You know what that tells me? Eh, I'm not going to buy that, probably be free in a couple months anyhow.
  • usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Are you listening Cryptic??

Didn't think so.
  • gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    happy about the nerfs, the new map
    unhappy about account bound items due low refine daily chance
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • yatashyatash Banned Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Guys stop playing this game for 1 month and u'll see new patch 6.7 We made some new changes, we removed the AD refine limit labalbala. after another 1 month We made 100 ad only per 1 daily quest
  • ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I've just stopped investing around $10 a week in this game. I like the new content but the behaviour shift and the careless patching are making me hold the bucks. I'm still afraid to put my best Profession assets to use because I can't really trust patchs anymore.

This is no drama, just the way I feel. I won't spend a single dollar to feel uncertainty.
  • elandriallelandriall Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Its the little things that matter. I have a blue pet and was hoping to upgrade it to purple and use the daily's to level it up. But the ridiculous cost of 750,000 astral diamonds to upgrade has put me off the game entirely. Its cheaper to buy a purple pet on the AH. I'm not sure what the thinking was behind this cost, but it should be apparent to all players now that the game is designed in everyway to relive you of your real money. Cryptic may think they are being very clever, but short term gains at the expense of alienating their players hardly makes a compelling long term strategy. Or maybe that's just the point, make all the money now and then abandon the game when the player base is eroded?
  • smurfjokerzsmurfjokerz Member Posts: 21
    edited August 2013
    As soon as i logged in after the patch, i noticed that the changes on the Stalwart Bullwark set were effective. And i was already decided to leave if this was happening. But i also noticed all the Nightmare spamming. I was curious to know what happened, so i came to the forum and read about what happened. I've been laughing my *** off since this moment and never logged back. And i never will. Anyway spending over 600$ in less than 3 months in this game and most of it on my armor set (LOL) is something i'll never do again in a game. Find someone else to pay for others PW, i'm gone.

the joke is on you and everyone who has dumped $50+ into this game, and all those who bought founders packs, and game packs, cuz they got your money, what do they care if you are satisfied or not. as for me, im glad i invested $0 into this game, for i have nothing to lose except maybe 60 hours of gameplay. o well shame on yall who dumped your money into a bad game
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    o well shame on yall who dumped your money into a bad game

But that's the thing, the game really isn't (or should I say wasn't) that bad. Pre-60 I'd recommend the game to anyone who wants to have a nice little free game. That's why it seems (to me anyway) the devs bought a packaged deal, then worked on the cash-shop and make everything revolve around it. It's like there were two completely different teams working on the game, and one team is highly incompetent.
  • somedogesomedoge Member Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    Don't let the door hit you, on the way out.

Want me to lock up too?

FFXIV Came out today. Y'all have fun with this headache!
  • vladkojezek12345vladkojezek12345 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Guys i know im writing this to wrong thread.. but i need help with starting Neverwinter please can you contact me ? :/
  • willstrwillstr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited August 2013
    Hate the Bind on Pickup thing. No use of doing t2s now if u have all the gear already and need enchants only. Its boring...
  • mryuzmryuz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 71
    edited August 2013
    Someone remake the Nightmare thread. It got locked.

bet they want to lock this too but the question for the poll is legit and it shows how the majority of the players really feel.
  • cherrykissescherrykisses Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Dont play since the cleric nerf to astral shield Alot of people quit was a good game while it lasted. Maybe a year from now or two years from now might be better who knows...
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I feel sad for this game... It has a huge chance to become one of the best rpgmmo in history. Unfortunately they launched it way too early, very unprepared, this should've stayed in beta until the majority is satisfied and when the ranger class arrives. It's not too late though, but they're slowly losing player, 2 of my friends have "temporarily" quit in this game for it lacks diversity. And 70% of my friends in neverwinter are often offline.
    SIGNATURE