test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should Cryptic/PWE reimburse people loss assets due to bugs?

goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Many people are angry about all the bugs from last week and are quitting but I have faith Cryptic will see all the feedback from last week and do right by it's loyal customer's. Several times I have seen a dev say the higher ups are rethinking or discussing all the problems this new expansion had caused and will probably decide what will happen this week.
I hope they first reimburse all the people(with proof) who lost assets. Their expensive and lately in ah assets are getting more expensive.:(
And second I hope they make something(event, gifts) like caturday, as an apology to the honest players that didn't exploit on nightmare thursday.
What do you think should happen? Maybe the devs will listen if we have an energetic, constructive, and thought-provoking discussion without bickering and insults.:)
Queen of Dragon Server
Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
*******, lvl 60 TR.
Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
Post edited by goddessunique on

Comments

• Options
    koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Many people are angry about all the bugs from last week and are quitting but I have faith Cryptic will see all the feedback from last week and do right by it's loyal customer's. Several times I have seen a dev say the higher ups are rethinking or discussing all the problems this new expansion had caused and will probably decide what will happen this week.
    I hope they first reimburse all the people(with proof) who lost assets. Their expensive and lately in ah assets are getting more expensive.:(
    And second I hope they make something(event, gifts) like caturday, as an apology to the honest players that didn't exploit on nightmare thursday.
    What do you think should happen? Maybe the devs will listen if we have an energetic, constructive, and thought-provoking discussion without bickering and insults.:)

I agree with you that people who lost assets due to the bug should be compensated, and so should everyone who did not exploit Nightmare Thursday. The exploiters need to be punished.
  • Options
    siestrionsiestrion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If they are not reimbursing assets, then this game is dead to me. Ah well... time to find a new game.
  • Options
    korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited August 2013
    I agree as well that if someone's assets were lost due to a bug they should be refunded uncommon and up assets for sure.
  • Options
    ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Their image has been greatly damaged by calling people who took chance at the Nightmare bug "lucky". Everybody is aware that the true reason for not doing a rollback was the flood of Zen behind the Key purchases. And now this.

Two very bad choices in a row. That's two strikes, Cryptic/PWE.
  • Options
    zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    It's not like they care about other equally important matters, but it's worth a shot... I guess
  • Options
    mikgamerzmikgamerz Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2013
    I am curious as to how, and why, one would have to prove that they lost assets?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    The thread title has been changed.

Your title claimed a decision has been made when none has been made yet. Please do not make threads with "absolute" thread titles when the post clearly states an absolute course of action has not been decided upon yet. :)
  • Options
    steelemagnoliasteelemagnolia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited August 2013
    I agree with you that people who lost assets due to the bug should be compensated, and so should everyone who did not exploit Nightmare Thursday. The exploiters need to be punished.

Exploiters YES, people who simply didn't know and logged on to find they still had Nightmare Lockboxes and opened them NO. One of my guildmates opened several she found on an alt and received 2 mounts... and gave the extra one away. Not an exploiter, she simply didn't know.

I do think assets lost to the bug should be replaced, that's a minimum customer service standard to meet. Anything beyond that would be bonus.

I also think that after an entire weekend it is too late to consider a rollback.
  • Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited August 2013
    People submit tickets about what they lost. It might take a while to check all of them, but it is possible and of cause, people who lost stuff because of a bug should be compensated. If the company loose "stuff" they roll back. It goes both ways.
  • Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes players need to be reimbursed the assets they lost due to a bug that was never told to the player base until after the player base found out and spread the word.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    n3rdlifen3rdlife Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Really, you want to penalize the people that were online at the time and took advantage of the fact that nightmare drop % was raised. You're obviously mad because you would've done the exact same thing. It's neither a bug nor an exploit because it was there on the test shard and the Devs knew about it beforehand. I agree that people should be re-reimbursed for their assets but you really need to stop crying about the fact that others capitalized when you weren't able to.
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would like to see something done to reimburse every player for the nightmare exploits, crafting losses, and quest bugs. But especially for the poor handling of all these situations. An effort to smooth this and recover the trust of the remaining players needs to be done. This is paramount or it is going to have lasting, long-term impact. Time is both of the essence and quickly running out.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    There hasn't been a dev response on this yet? Wow.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Yea, because its been a whole 4 hours on a Sunday evening. Always the best time for responses, you know.
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Hopefully they are going to do the right thing and replace everyone's lost assets, even if they did not buy them with Zen. This is not the player's fault and there is no way we should have to suffer because the developers made another mistake. If I lost assets and they refused to replace them I would be furious and would probably quit.

As for the rest, I do not think anything will ever come from the Nightmare debacle. They might give some small worthless token in a while, but I really doubt it. If they do give something, it probably won't be for a while because there are probably too many heads rolling at PWE for anyone to really make a decision on what to do about anything. I am sure a few people lost their job since their big unveiling of Feywild was an embarrassing disaster.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The thread title has been changed.

Your title claimed a decision has been made when none has been made yet. Please do not make threads with "absolute" thread titles when the post clearly states an absolute course of action has not been decided upon yet. :)

Thank you for fixing it. Maybe they'll change their mind and give me my assets back.:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

• Options
    edited August 2013
    n3rdlife wrote: »
    Really, you want to penalize the people that were online at the time and took advantage of the fact that nightmare drop % was raised. You're obviously mad because you would've done the exact same thing. It's neither a bug nor an exploit because it was there on the test shard and the Devs knew about it beforehand. I agree that people should be re-reimbursed for their assets but you really need to stop crying about the fact that others capitalized when you weren't able to.

You mean you as in me? I'm not really mad or crying. lol But I was on and most definitely COULDV'E exploited but I went against my better judgement and didn't. I actually had enough zen/ad to buy maybe 90 keys.
    You sound like you was one of the few who were exploiting, how many mounts did YOU get that day? Send me one.;)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Many people are angry about all the bugs from last week and are quitting but I have faith Cryptic will see all the feedback from last week and do right by it's loyal customer's. )

ROFL..... sorry but I play Champions...
    since this is now their Golden Child, much to STO's disgust. You may get it.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Or: an event similar to Tymora's gifts but with profession assets inside instead of eggs. They can call it 'nightmare' or something like that and kill two birds with one stone.
  • Options
    rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    *snip* 1) I have faith Cryptic will see all the feedback from last week and do right by it's loyal customer's. *snip*
    2) And second I hope they make something(event, gifts) like caturday, as an apology to the honest players that didn't exploit on nightmare thursday.

1) I don't. Why would they? There's little precedent. Even if the people who built the game wanted to (a lot of developer have a real feel for what they make, e.g. back in the day at Bioware) the bean counters won't let it happen.
    2) Not likely.

The odds are that the people who gained by the exploits' window of opportunity are also the sort of people that play and invest the most. The players with enough real world time to spend enough time in-game to have the most flashy/powerful bunch of pixels in town. These players are also often the ones that spend more real world money on these games. This doesn't make them better or worse customers morally (not all powergaming PVP'ers are offensive and not all casual PVE'ers play nice!) but makes them more profitable. By far.

By rolling back or making other fixes, PWE would be upsetting their creme de la creme customer base. Not a maximal business model. I've been playing MMO's on and off since pretty much they began. Some more than others. I was mostly subscription based until GW1 before I switched. One of the many things I have noticed is that the more time that rolls by the chances of rollbacks or strong fixes almost exponentially decrease. How many days has it been now? If they directly and fully fix the "exploiting" that went on and recompense, I'll eat my hat. My real world actual hat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Give more assets pack sales, to recover your missing assets. It is easier for Cryptic to come up with a promotion than to search for every single missing asset and reimburse them.

/sarcasm
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic and CS have a history of not seeing eye to eye (there was a major powers bug in CO where a known workaround was to respec your character, the Devs said that it was a bug and everyone affected would get a free respec but contacting support got the answer "It's WAI, if you want to change your powers buy a respec")

That being said, we can assume that no decision has been made about refunding assets yet, and any action to refund assets before the bug is fixed would be premature as we could wind up losing them again.

Simply put, assets could be (and more than likely will be) restored, we'll just have to wait until after the bug is fixed before they make a decision on it.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Cryptic and CS have a history of not seeing eye to eye (there was a major powers bug in CO where a known workaround was to respec your character, the Devs said that it was a bug and everyone affected would get a free respec but contacting support got the answer "It's WAI, if you want to change your powers buy a respec")

That being said, we can assume that no decision has been made about refunding assets yet, and any action to refund assets before the bug is fixed would be premature as we could wind up losing them again.

Simply put, assets could be (and more than likely will be) restored, we'll just have to wait until after the bug is fixed before they make a decision on it.

They said in the preview forum the patch in an hour will fix the asset delete bug, hopefully its fixed and won't make more bugs.:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

• Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Fixing the asset bug does not bring people's assets back.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Fixing the asset bug does not bring people's assets back.

You're a sneaky one stranger.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    You're a sneaky one stranger.
    Only because I'm involuntarily made invisible most of the time. Cryptic's CEO gave a sit down interview to a podcast about another game less than two weeks ago. Mention that game here and your post will be deleted though.
  • Options
    mikgamerzmikgamerz Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2013

It took them 4 MONTHS to even address the GWF unstoppable bug rofl. What do you expect.
  • Options
    wintersbrethwintersbreth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rortie wrote: »
    I'll eat my hat. My real world actual hat.

+10 made my morning.
  • Options
    centur1ancentur1an Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Fao Crytpic

Patch notes show:

Fao Crytpic

Patch notes show:

•Profession assets should not longer be consumed unexpectedly in some cases.

so what about my 8 adventurers which you have "stolen"

i've logged on after patch and i'm still 8 adventures down

please can you restore what we have lost, or is this Cryptic doing there best to say W/e we don't care

tried to submit a ticket and they are as useless as the Gms and give Copy/Paste/Close ticket entrys only
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    centur1an wrote: »
    Fao Crytpic

Patch notes show:

Fao Crytpic

Patch notes show:

•Profession assets should not longer be consumed unexpectedly in some cases.

so what about my 8 adventurers which you have "stolen"

i've logged on after patch and i'm still 8 adventures down

please can you restore what we have lost, or is this Cryptic doing there best to say W/e we don't care

tried to submit a ticket and they are as useless as the Gms and give Copy/Paste/Close ticket entrys only

You are not part of the lucky bunch you are part of the unlucky majority.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
This discussion has been closed.