test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW.5.20130812b.12 Patch Notes

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Content and Environment
  • Issues with not being able to see enemies and environment far away on some maps such as Saving Honor should be resolved.

Foundry
  • Teleporters should no longer be dropping players in unexpected locations.
  • The pregenerated Farmlands map 1 should now have an appropriate amount of trees populating its countryside again.

Stability
  • Several client crashes have been resolved.

Systems and Items
  • Great Weapon Fighter: Unstoppable should no longer turn off prematurely when Determination is gained.
  • Cleric: Miracle Healer Set: Resolved issue with the DoT effect being reapplied more often than expected.
  • Potion of Red Cap Slaying Potion: Can now be properly purchased from the New Sharandar Bounty Vendors for Formoriam Concotions.
  • Gilded Spider Mount should now be in the Wondrous Bazaar.
  • Dragon’s attacks should now properly hit their designated targets instead of appearing to land in one area but hit another.
  • Profession assets should not longer be consumed unexpectedly in some cases.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    Preview should be updated within a few hours.

Edit: may be a bit longer than originally anticipated.

Edit Edit: Its up and ready for testing!
  • Options
    katamizaakatamizaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    [*]Cleric: Miracle Healer Set: Resolved issue with the DoT effect being reapplied more often than
    Was good while it lasted xD.
  • Options
    darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Content and Environment
    [*]Great Weapon Fighter: Unstoppable should no longer turn off prematurely when Determination is gained.

Hurray for the quick fix.
  • Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    What about the other bugs with GWF?
    1. Original unstoppable bug where it seems to turn off perm.. Needs a relog
    2. Roar giving virtually no AP gain... Reduction in 80% of AP gain.. Massive bug resulting in dps loss around 20%
    3 takedown sometimes having 2 minute cooldowns
    4. IBS on occasion dealing no damage.. In both pve and pvp.. I tested this on a single mob.. Hit takedown and followed by IBS while prone.. Resulting in 0 damage

You have alot of work to do.. And quick
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    [*]Profession assets should not longer be consumed unexpectedly in some cases.
    [/List]

This is all well and good but what about reimbursing people for the loss this bug/patch caused?
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    Content and Environment
    • Issues with not being able to see enemies and environment far away on some maps such as Saving Honor should be resolved.

Foundry
    • Teleporters should no longer be dropping players in unexpected locations.
    • The pregenerated Farmlands map 1 should now have an appropriate amount of trees populating its countryside again.

Stability

Systems and Items
    • Great Weapon Fighter: Unstoppable should no longer turn off prematurely when Determination is gained.
    • Cleric: Miracle Healer Set: Resolved issue with the DoT effect being reapplied more often than expected.
    • Potion of Red Cap Slaying Potion: Can now be properly purchased from the New Sharandar Bounty Vendors for Formoriam Concotions.
    • Gilded Spider Mount should now be in the Wondrous Bazaar.
    • Dragon’s attacks should now properly hit their designated targets instead of appearing to land in one area but hit another.
    • Profession assets should not longer be consumed unexpectedly in some cases.

So when are you going to fix the GWF Sentinel Paragon path, where is the 20% Defense bonus?
  • Options
    kobrakai2kobrakai2 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Still no fix for auction house sorting :(
  • Options
    battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "Great Weapon Fighter: Unstoppable should no longer turn off prematurely when Determination is gained."

wait was that the problem it was turning off because we were gaining determination im pretty confused by this since it was turning off when our temp hit points ran out/got eaten by dmg i never noticed it turning off from determinations gains please clarify
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hmm, any word on if Flame Strike is being looked into? It doesn't crit anymore, reported here and here, and is bugged on Preview as well. And while it's good that the MH set was fixed, I hope that bugs that put clerics at disadvantage are also important. Thank you.
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Would be nice to get a word on Plague Fire.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Systems and Items

I really hope you guys DO NOT think this is the cause of the bug, because it isn't.

I've tested this a number of times, after the fight and out of combat-mode, so there is nothing to gain Determination from.... and Unstoppable still runs out before Determination does.
  • Options
    joebaejoebae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
    edited August 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    I really hope you guys DO NOT think this is the cause of the bug, because it isn't.

I've tested this a number of times, after the fight and out of combat-mode, so there is nothing to gain Determination from.... and Unstoppable still runs out before Determination does.

It may bug both ways, when you gain and drain Determination.
    When Determination is at maximum, it seems like Unstoppable works like it should while in combat, haven't tried that out of combat thou.
  • Options
    joebaejoebae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
    edited August 2013

Stability

Probably the most important fix of them all. :)
  • Options
    dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    and my GWF unstoppable is still not working as it should, still turning off when temporary hp goes away
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    meirami wrote: »
    Hmm, any word on if Flame Strike is being looked into? It doesn't crit anymore, reported here and here, and is bugged on Preview as well. And while it's good that the MH set was fixed, I hope that bugs that put clerics at disadvantage are also important. Thank you.

I believe I recall a fix for Flamestrike not critting, just not for this build.
  • Options
    strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    •Issues with not being able to see enemies and environment far away on some maps such as Saving Honor should be resolved.

The patch you say fixes this is not the one I am getting. The one I get is this NW.5.20130812b.9. So what now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • Options
    entalyanentalyan Member Posts: 89
    edited August 2013
    Is this up on preview yet? I still get the same patch level as the live server.
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I believe I recall a fix for Flamestrike not critting, just not for this build.

Ok, that's a relief, not the least for hearing it's just a bug of some sort. :)
    Thank you so much for responding.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    So when are you going to fix the GWF Sentinel Paragon path, where is the 20% Defense bonus?

As if we need more defense
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    How about addressing the following issue in regards to GWF:

Not So Fast = 5.5% Regardless of targets hit: 0% on miss
    Indomitable Battle Strike = 6.5% Regardless of targets hit: Bonus on a kill
    Roar= 6.5% Regardless of targets hit: 0% on miss

Wicked Strike=1.5% per target: 0% on miss
    Weapon master strike 1.5% per target: 0% on miss

So I can do a full encounter rotation and have less than 20% AP. Lowest cool down is Not So Fast at 9.9s with current recovery. The other two are over 10 seconds. For the following example I round all to 10s.

Using just encounters in the first rotation nets 20%. 10 seconds until next rotation.
    Five full rotations to reach 100% for a daily. So in a perfect world and chaining encounters it would take the following time.

20% at 3 seconds
    40% at 13 seconds
    60% at 23 seconds
    80% at 33 seconds
    100% at 43 seconds for full AP.

Using just at-wills with ~1.5 second animation time and hitting 5 mobs would generate roughly 7.5%.

5 mobs hit: 100% / 7.5 =13.3
    4 mobs hit: 100% /6% =16.6
    3 mobs hit: 100% /4.5% =22.2
    2 mobs hit: 100% /3% =33.3
    1 mob hit :100% /1.5% = 66.6

So in a perfect world with mobs not moving and me not dodging red ground or mob hits nor missing the hits is as follows:

13.3 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 5 mobs for 20 seconds for a daily.
    16.6 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 4 mobs for 24.9 seconds for a daily
    22.2 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 3 mobs for 33.3 seconds for a daily.
    33.3X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 2 mobs for 49.9 seconds for a daily.
    66.6X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 1 mobs for 99.9 seconds for a daily.

GWF is an AOE class. The less mobs on the board the less AP we regen. When there is more than 5 mobs on the board then we should be generating massive amounts of AP to deal with the large number of mobs. That was working as designed before the patch using our encounters. Now that they have removed AP generation regardless of mobs hit our AP generation has tanked which means less dailies meaning less DPS.

When there is only one mob it takes us longer generate full AP, after all we are an AOE class . Now we are stuck with the same constraint regardless of mob count.

I talked with other class members in the guild and they did tests to see how long it would take to generate AP.

The best was 9 seconds. Yes 9 seconds. From empty to full using encounters.

The worst was GWF as shown above.

GWF job is to take out the trash. Given the current state. You are better off taking ANY class that is NOT a GWF.

Nothing much to say here other than my PVE enjoyment was trying to keep #1 DPS against my guild which always depended on the dungeon. I normally finished in top 2 and lowest was 3. Now I am lucky to get 3rd and usually end up just above the DC.

Recap. AOE class no longer generates AP to handle large groups of mobs. Stuck generating AP against SINGLE target.
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    new classes add?-.-

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    belprahbelprah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yerune wrote: »

joebae wrote: »
    It may bug both ways, when you gain and drain Determination.
    When Determination is at maximum, it seems like Unstoppable works like it should while in combat, haven't tried that out of combat thou.
    I've tested this as well, on dummies. You can easily get the bug if you build Determination to 100%, pop Unstoppable, then Roar immediately afterwards.
    The strangest things happen to my Determination bar when I do that, in that order.

Not to mention that what they stated in last patch, that "Unstoppable: Several odd cases have been addressed that sometimes caused Unstoppable to be toggled on until the player switched maps." is simply not true and is still happening to me.

Unstoppable has like what, 3 bugs related to it now? Can any other class in the game brag about having a fundamental skill that is so crippled. :)
  • Options
    axhind77axhind77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    GWF is a dead class, let's reroll something else, said by a GWF-only player. Cryptic just want us to play something else it is pretty obvious.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Foundry

WTH? Farmlands map 1? What about the originally reported Forest Looping Path 1 ?!?
    • Options
      rofehrrofehr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      put the whole game back on beta phase, and release it when it is ready
    • Options
      lagonlinelagonline Member Posts: 16 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      axhind77 wrote: »
      GWF is a dead class, let's reroll something else, said by a GWF-only player. Cryptic just want us to play something else it is pretty obvious.

Yeah i've used to play as gwf only now just reroll for a CW, but lost all equips.

thx guys :D
    • Options
      emmmamirabeauemmmamirabeau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
      edited August 2013
      Gilded Spider Mount should now be in the Wondrous Bazaar.

This is untrue I looked yesterday.
    • Options
      ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      Gilded Spider Mount should now be in the Wondrous Bazaar.

This is untrue I looked yesterday.

Under Special: Gilded Giant Spider - 1,250,000 AD
      I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
      [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
    • Options
      vaashievaashie Member Posts: 25 Arc User
      edited August 2013
      Systems and Items

Dragon’s attacks should now properly hit their designated targets instead of appearing to land in one area but hit another.

This patch has hit live today afaik. Why are you lying to us then? Got killed by Draco's breath outside of red zone 2x in a row along with other 2 players in party...Wing buffet hits whole room instead of just red aswell.... You have fixed NOTHING on the dragons...
    • Options
      kobrakai2kobrakai2 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
      edited August 2013
      Yeah the dragon fix didn't fix anything, I got killed miles away from the red area. I'm still getting the crashes too, once while I was AFK in fact.

Oh well, it's Cryptic, what do you expect?
    This discussion has been closed.