test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you happy with the changes made by latest patch? Why?

Comments

• ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    A poll sent to every account that has purchased at least 500 Zen would be great idea, but every player has the right for her opinion to be taken into serious consideration.

I like the new zone, I love the Campaigns idea, but the Professions bug and the rogue nerf are very, very stupid changes. There was uproar in the forums before the rogue nerf and developers seemed to take into consideration PvP whiners over measuring the way rogues would be damaged for the bulk of the game, which is cooperative PVE.

My GWF doesn't feel bad at all, but my rogue is now a little less effective while still remaining squishy.

The situation is dire, PWE/Cryptic.
  • korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited August 2013
    I had been looking forward to this weekend for a while. There is a lot of promise in this game But the bugs, exploits, ill advised dev and moderator posts have truly soured the game experience and confidence in the companies involved with this game. The revelation that they do not normally have people answering tickets on weekends was a good one no wonder people are not getting any tickets answered in any type of timely manner since it just piles up on the weekend which is usually a fairly busy game time compounding the issues. It just keeps getting worse and worse. I have gotten to the limit of what my nostalgia can look past with this game. Last chance for me is the next patch and their response is. As it is it will be a long time if I ever open up my wallet again for this game.
  • steelemagnoliasteelemagnolia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited August 2013
    No.

The addition of more races of elves and some post-60 content doesn't offset:
    1. No new class to play (I already have one of every class)
    2. Major profession bug that destroys assets and CS refuses to replace them
    3. DD chest item change
    4. Crash to Desktop. Crash to Desktop. Crash to Desktop. Ad nauseum.
    5. Nightmare Thursday

I bolded #2 because it's the thing that is most likely to influence whether I spend another dime on this game, ever. Crashes can be fixed, new classes added, can get used to the DD chest change, and nightmares fade in time, but unreplaced assets that you paid real money for and indifferent customer service is forever.
  • mikgamerzmikgamerz Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2013
    No.

The addition of more races of elves and some post-60 content doesn't offset:
    1. No new class to play (I already have one of every class)
    2. Major profession bug that destroys assets and CS refuses to replace them
    3. DD chest item change
    4. Crash to Desktop. Crash to Desktop. Crash to Desktop. Ad nauseum.
    5. Nightmare Thursday

I bolded #2 because it's the thing that is most likely to influence whether I spend another dime on this game, ever. Crashes can be fixed, new classes added, can get used to the DD chest change, and nightmares fade in time, but unreplaced assets that you paid real money for and indifferent customer service is forever.

I love their logic. Free nightmares? SURE. Giving assets back to those that lost them? HELL NO, a few people might be lying to us to claim free assets!
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mikgamerz wrote: »
    I love their logic. Free nightmares? SURE. Giving assets back to those that lost them? HELL NO, a few people might be lying to us to claim free assets!

If you provide proof(like I did) then there shouldn't be any discussion.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Oh wow, devs are funny this way. So what's the next big exp... I mean lucky event? I want to be lucky too, you know, since devs allow expl... I mean luck. Yes, luck.
  • drdoodlemandrdoodleman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Thats how it looks from where I am sitting. I didn't get a free nightmare mount NOR lose any assets, but I've spent hundreds of dollars on this game(on mounts and professional assets and keys) and I don't think I will spend anymore.

Nor that I need to, right now professions are too risky to do at all and dungeons/questing/foundry is all broken and i crash all the time.....
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?841-The-Lower-Depths
    If you want a real look at the state of the game/customer service, check out the forum where they move all the "deleted"/banned "spam"
  • mikgamerzmikgamerz Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2013

What exactly did you do / say? Maybe it can help some people out that will try to continue playing this game.
  • koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    What exactly did you do / say? Maybe it can help some people out that will try to continue playing this game.

She provided ample proof of a bug in the game with a screenshot. Props to her.
    edited August 2013
    She provided ample proof of a bug in the game with a screenshot. Props to her.

Unfortunately, honest players continue to get slapped in the face. I can't post what they sent me(against tos) but you get the picture.:(

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?465351-CS-will-NOT-reimburse-lost-assets-caused-by-the-new-patch-what-is-your-opinion
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

• steelemagnoliasteelemagnolia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited August 2013

Proof isn't so easy to provide.

How do you prove that you had tasks running and claimed the completion and the assets disappeared? Especially when you didn't know about the bug until you came to the forums to find out why your assets disappeared! Do you take screenshots every time you create or complete a task? Create a spreadsheet? Treat the game like a job and document every step of every thing you ever do? How do you prove that kind of loss?

The game code records this stuff better than we possibly can. Screenshots can be doctored. Code on their end of the game can't. Proof on our end isn't needed as it already exists on theirs.
    edited August 2013
    Nor that I need to, right now professions are too risky to do at all and dungeons/questing/foundry is all broken and i crash all the time.....

Do what I'm doing.... just do the Hire tasks until it's fixed. You can't lose what you didn't already have.
  • shelendilshelendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cleric nerfs unnecessary and even puzzling.
    Game crashes a dozen times a day for no apparent reason.
    Party members disconnecting causing frequent wipes.
    Ran the new dungeon ~10 times so far, and it only dropped blues.
    Anything out of the Malabog DD chest is useless for clerics. New cleric set has horrible itemization.
    Dragons in Malabog and Castle Never shooting their breath in random directions causing unavoidable deaths.
    16 hour delay after finishing dailies to unlock the next set, which finishes while I'm asleep, yet if I don't wake up before 6am the next day the quests reset and I effectively lose a day of progress.
    No reason for me to do dungeon delves anymore.
    My cat companion is now inexplicably and annoyingly vocal.

This is the least fun I've had playing the game to date. I didn't even realize how many things I disliked until I started listing them all.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    your mileage may vary.

i had two game crashes. found a few minor bugs that i reported. i didn't lose profession assets. i didn't lose out because of some character nerfing. i like the new content for the most part... i just wish the daily nailbiter solo dungeon was more exciting or the map was random. i like that i can grind for bounty in sharandar and sell those for gold crescents. it's just that grinding for 150 fomorian concoctions that have an unknown and seemingly random drop rate for 30 gold crescents i'm not looking forward to.

other people have experienced things that i have not but hopefully by the time i get to those things, they'll all be corrected. and if not, oh well. it's a game. it's free unless i choose to pay money into it. i must get some enjoyment out of it otherwise i wouldn't be here. or i might be masochistic.
  • selenethialselenethial Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No, I'm not happy.
    My classe (cleric) received unnecessary nerfs and healing is more and more difficult, frequently game crashes without a reason and I still find the same issue (exploit in dungeons like Spider or Karrundax).
    I really hope you can fix something seriously and not only make unnecessary nerfs.
  • jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nope, not happy.

nightmare lock box fiasco handled badly

had to reinstall game due to all the crashes and now my Xbox 360 controller doesn't work

my TR is nerfed beyond belief while permastealth is alive and well.
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • djtlitedjtlite Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Let me start off by saying I love the new content. Sharandar has been a blast. Now as for nerfs, i hate that they are pandering to the pvp players and it's hurting pve. This is a pve centric game, the pvp is going to have to either be unbalanced or be separate for it to not affect pve. Also on that note i play a purely pvp game that is a 3rd person shooter involving gundams, even in that, where pvp is the focus, there are OP units. It comes down to player skill there. The pve suffers from the balances that are put into place to the point that unless you use a particular set of units, you arent completing the harder missions.

As for the nightmare thing: yes it sucks that it happened, but all it ever did was lower the cost of the nightmarea on the AH. I've bought 2 heavy infernos off the AH and one heavy mystic. Each time i did it when they were lower than usual (aside from the mystic) i still spent 1.7 mil AD on the 2 infernos. I'm not butthurt about it, things happen. I have seen thigs like this happen on my other mmos, some people got lucky that something messed up on the devs' side and the devs knew there would be backlash either way. Tbh the people who got their nightmares before and after this should take some **** pride in it. You got yours when that meant something (either A) you got super lucky, or B) you had enough AD) the ones who did it when it was bugged only got theirs when it was easy. Tbh theres worse problems cryptic needs to focus on than omg that guy got the shiny toy i got but easier. I mean it, the earlier areas are really messed up atm, the game is crashing so much that my guild is afraid to run gauntlgrym aside from getting the daily pve done, and T2 dungeons having infinitely respawning adds making them impossible to finish is beyond bad. So to you guys crying about nightmares and omg this class killed me in pvp nerf pls you are whats most wrong with this game, not cryptic's response. Play the **** game or dont. I hate pvp in this game, i go into it with bare minimum expectations whenever i do play it and do so soley for the AD from dailies.
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Despite all the bugs and occasional crashes and nightmare horse fiasco, I am happy with the latest changes.

I believe the recent changes are targeted at PvE since mob difficulty in epic dungeons has increased.
    To me, this indicates that cryptic wants PvE to be more difficult.
    The new campaign boon system provides permanent stat ugrades. The increased dungeon difficulty is a way to "offset" or "balance" the increased stats.

Similar situation in Star Trek Online. When cryptic releases a way to permanently increase character stats, they also increase difficulty of end-game content. There is some end-game content in STO which only ultra geared and ultra stat players can complete. Will not surprise me if the same situation will happen in NW.

Duration of control wizard powers is severely reduced in PvP. Been this way, a long time.
    If cryptic only wanted to rebalance PvP, they could change some powers only in PvP.
    When Cryptic changes powers in both PvP and PvE, most likely, it's because they want to re-balance both.
  • doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm not happy with these changes at all.

They shouldn't have made chest drops BoP.
    Cryptic destroyed the Stalwart Bulwark Set!
    On top of that I'm crashing every five minutes.

Get your act together Devs!
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Dear god every patch makes this game worse it seems. As of the last "balance" our guild of about 60-70 characters have all left to play other games except myself and two others. Some of the GF's have vowed never to return after how the stalwart set nerf was handled

Other issues include. (Note all are related to PVE as PVP in this game is a whole separate post of issues )

Game crashes
    GWF even worse then before which I would have thought impossible
    Clerics nerfed? What on earth were they thinking the DC already is nearly as broken as the GWF and you kick them both when their down. Good job guys :(

The New area using the WoW timer for dailies sucks but I don't see it changing. For people that don't have a lot of time to play or play a lot maybe one or two days a week this model sucks

I could go on but I'm fairly certain no one reads these posts that can effect change anymore anyways.

I have spent more on this game then any game I have ever played and I'm ready to walk away at this point and go back to consoles or other MMO's at least they are stable and you don't keep paying for minor update content (I've bought all the packs, 100's of keys, numerous game game cards etc).

I really hope they separate PvP and PvE balance issues soon, fix the ridiculous boss adds mechanic and a host of other issues many have mentioned in the many posts above.
  • timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Return after one month and this happens. PWE will never, I repeat, NEVER, get my money, thank you very much.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • bentenmariabentenmaria Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I always thought crafting and selling your sh*t was synonymous, but clearly I need to re-educate myself for the specifics of this game.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not happy at all. It's good that they bring out new content, but they break more than they fix. They have a very laid back attitude towards cheating and exploiting, essentially condoning it, even rewarding it. Bugs that were reported on preview should never, ever have made it to live. When the exploiting started they should have brought the servers down for an emergency rollback, not take off for the weekend and hope for the best.

They've shown they have no problems with nerfing gear in such a way as to completely ruin what people were using it for, making them lose time/effort/(real)money. So there's nothing stopping them from nerfing the next set they deem OP.

They've shown they don't care when people lose stuff that some actually paid real $$ for due to a bug they decided NOT to hotfix.

It's a great game, with great potential, but the devs, or their masters, are messing it up like a bunch of amateur Foundrists while selling bright green fluff to compensate. The way they handle things is not what I expect from a professional company.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Very unhappy with the HoF nerf, but liking everything else, so the answer is still 'yes'.

//Edit: I don't have a high level GWF/GF and don't know enough about them, so I can't speak for those changes at all.
  • palefacedpalefaced Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I voted NO.

Not even gonna highlight what the other players have mentioned about bugs, exploits and all that. Because these happen in other MMOs as well.

I do however want to stress that if the game keeps crashing during events like dungeons, skirmishs, PvPs.... the basic function of your game model (addressed to the devs) is in impending danger. This should be your TOP priority. Fix this... FAST.

Every delay you make, people are leaving the game, you are LOSING customers.... you are LOSING money....
    edited August 2013
    Proof isn't so easy to provide.

How do you prove that you had tasks running and claimed the completion and the assets disappeared? Especially when you didn't know about the bug until you came to the forums to find out why your assets disappeared! Do you take screenshots every time you create or complete a task? Create a spreadsheet? Treat the game like a job and document every step of every thing you ever do? How do you prove that kind of loss?

The game code records this stuff better than we possibly can. Screenshots can be doctored. Code on their end of the game can't. Proof on our end isn't needed as it already exists on theirs.

I was the first person to report the bug and yes I made ss before during and after.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?460121-New-Patch-deleted-my-leadership-assets

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?461241-Chance-to-delete-assets-when-you-upgrade
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

• cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    This poll is too broad to even answer, kinda stupid tbh...

I like boons and having new content. I like being able to easily meet my refine cap on all my 60's everyday. I like the TR changes as gloaming cut is sick now lol. But then I hate the fact that T2's are utterly worthless if you don't need your T2 set (since you hit the refine cap every day anyway) which in turn drives the prices of random gear up, such as 90k pyrotechnic bands when I paid 40k a week ago. I think some of the nerfs were totally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, GWF/Cleric.

So there are parts I really like and parts I think are just dumb, it's not as simple as yes/no.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    While I'm not a fan of the GWF, DC, and Stalwart's nerfs at all, I am enjoying playing the new content and am perfectly happy with the TR changes so far. Definitely feeling the Lurker's nerf, but it's still very workable - and it isn't like TR's have any other daily that's worth using in most non-panic button situations.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• nofearz76nofearz76 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is it just me or the player base of this game has droped dramatically down????
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nofearz76 wrote: »
    Is it just me or the player base of this game has droped dramatically down????

I think the player base has been dropping fairly fast since Launch, but I would have thought Feywild would have brought some back.