test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you happy with the changes made by latest patch? Why?

Comments

• Options
    battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    if i could vote no more than once i would do it gladly
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    macabrivs wrote: »
    For DC there isnt a single item i want for the new expansion

Ah....you forget one thing ... the Boons.....they are really nice (and yeah, I'm a DC too, and share your opinion on the useless AP of the new gear)....might be useful for PvP DCs....if there are any left.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    daswoolydaswooly Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    True test of the patch is gonna come once most players have completed the campaign. Really curious if there will be anything worth doing at all.
  • Options
    kaoriel1983kaoriel1983 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    LotRo would be a good choice - so much to do. GMs actually come to you in the game, talk to you and solve problems if they can (e.g. you're stuck, something is bugged etc.). There's also a very nice community - and this comment will probably soon be deleted.
    Neverwinter, I just learned, doesn't even have ANY GM support during the weekends. That's such a joke. I wish I would've used my money (more than $100) on LotRo stuff instead.
  • Options
    saultbawlzsaultbawlz Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm very happy with the new content, we needed more endgame and we got some, wish the new daily was a bit longer but the wild hunt skirmish is a great addition. Like most of the game it's really fast to go through it and i guess this is a way to make it last longer.
  • Options
    usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    saultbawlz wrote: »
    I'm very happy with the new content, we needed more endgame and we got some, wish the new daily was a bit longer but the wild hunt skirmish is a great addition. Like most of the game it's really fast to go through it and i guess this is a way to make it last longer.

Sorry but the new content is not endgame.
  • Options
    prettyboysetaprettyboyseta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited August 2013
    yes because the renegade build for CW seemed viable again (I don't have to respec!)
    but no for many other reasons already mentioned, specifically the chaos about certain "prized" items.
    in short I voted no.
    Wizard.jpg
  • Options
    mryuzmryuz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 71
    edited August 2013
    with the statistics of the poll showing 8 out of 10 are unhappy with the changes that they made, I wonder whats the reason behind these changes that they CLAIM came from players feedbacks.

*cough* buy zen to get AD *cough*
  • Options
    ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    To people complaining about the look of the new areas: this is the Feywild, it's supposed to be like a fairy land. Please remember the brief incursion into the Shadowfell during the Neverdeath quests: that's a cool, dark place, but it supposed to look like that.

This is basic D&D lore.

On the other hand, the "exploiters be lucky!" attitude and the assets-deleting bug are a total mess up.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mryuz wrote: »
    I just want to know whats the opinion of the majority. This poll will, in a way, show us if Cryptic was telling the truth when they said that the changes were made based on players feedback.

this poll will, in no way at all, show us anything except what we already know: these forums are full of unhappy players. if you can get the rest of the 2 million to participate, you might have something.
  • Options
    siestrionsiestrion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    this poll will, in no way at all, show us anything except what we already know: these forums are full of unhappy players. if you can get the rest of the 2 million to participate, you might have something.

Please... 2 million players? That's just marketing spin. How many of those "players" are gold farmers, secondary accounts, accounts not being played, etc... And as someone who works in the market research field, this survey, even with its small sample size is arguably valid. Though the most important survey, would be one that paying players participated in, as that's the only customer that matters to a profit driven company. As a someone who was originally willing to spend $100 a month on this title, this game has lost my support.
  • Options
    ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »

2 million, lol. do each of my accounts get to vote no?
  • Options
    conchitobananoconchitobanano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2013
    45 people like to get lucky
  • Options
    amunrak29amunrak29 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    no Spanish translation.
    gwf huge nerf
    little content and extremely high price of the pack.
    extremely high price upgrade companions.
    no new class.
    Total obsession buying keys.
  • Options
    whoregutwhoregut Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I use to have fun playing my GWF. I should have deleted my GWF and level my CW. But, nope I was ****ing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and figured since I was 20 level of cap I would finish it. NOW, I have a use less POS class and will get stuck leveling my CW anyway. Sigh. So much time wasted, so little time to spend.
  • Options
    mikgamerzmikgamerz Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2013
    mryuz wrote: »
    baah you sent me 8pcs rank 2 dark. lol
    come on you said its so easy to farm right? that this patch should not in anyways affect how you farm ad. then send me my 2pcs Rank 8 Dark now pls :)

Well right now I am in process of getting my $ spent back from this game since I can not make use of it (game crashes every 30 minutes). Your account gets suspended if you have an open dispute over a $ transaction so who knows if I ever get to access it again lol. If I get it back, cool. If not oh well I knew the risk and had fun with it while it lasted (that short short two months rofl). Hell I've played Runescape for longer patches of time than this before getting bored with it and 95% of it (when I played at least) was just mind numbing boring grind fest skilling.
  • Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am unhappy about how much they decided to make it cost to upgrade your companion. It is just an absurd amount of AD to upgrade that it isn't even worth it. I have read that in the new content that you can gain a lot of AD but that doesn't help early on in the game when your companion maxes out. And you even have to pay AD to get into the new areas which is even more of a poor decision to make in my opinion. I could live with the paying to get into the new areas but the cost to upgrade your companion is just simply ridiculous. For those of us who are casual players and don't spend hours a day here playing, getting that much AD will just simply take way to long. Sorry, but I think is was just a very poor decision to make it cost to upgrade your companion to begin with and the amounts they choose, well that makes it even worse. Really very very very poor decision making. I was going to buy more character slots so I could play the other types but now, I will keep my money. Not worth spending money on now.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mikgamerz wrote: »
    Well right now I am in process of getting my $ spent back from this game since I can not make use of it (game crashes every 30 minutes). Your account gets suspended if you have an open dispute over a $ transaction so who knows if I ever get to access it again lol. If I get it back, cool. If not oh well I knew the risk and had fun with it while it lasted (that short short two months rofl). Hell I've played Runescape for longer patches of time than this before getting bored with it and 95% of it (when I played at least) was just mind numbing boring grind fest skilling.

Just try Path of Exile till they get the bugs fixed.:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    dwaindiibleydwaindiibley Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    This is pretty much my only beef with the x-pack.

Am I happy with the changes in the X-Pack? Yes, actually.

Am I happy with the current state of the game? Absolutely not.

I agree with the current state of game being poor.
    I disagree with the xpack being good. (A) the nerfs were over the top and mostly based on pvp (B) After this wait the Feywild is a huge disappointment. Its not a new zone, its a bunch of daily quests lasting an hour. And no new classes or paragon paths. No repeat missions in older zones to collect rewards. This is the problem with an open zone system. No re-playability at end level.
    The only good change is the BOP of DD epics but its come far too late. People already have top end gear from the AH.
  • Options
    mikgamerzmikgamerz Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2013
    Just try Path of Exile till they get the bugs fixed.:)

I'll be giving FFIV a try in a few days here actually. It's a bit funny because when they first released FFXI years back I was playing another MMO that started adding quite a few bad updates such as they are doing right now in NW and I jumped ship to FF and never looked back. I gave a few f2p games a try this past year but since I have no problem paying a monthly fee I think that is the way to keep going now.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    soltasword wrote: »
    I am unhappy about how much they decided to make it cost to upgrade your companion. It is just an absurd amount of AD to upgrade that it isn't even worth it.

It is not absurd, but you are right that it is generally not worth it. For the normal non-augment companions, you will typically only use them while leveling, so why bother? They are mostly useless once you hit lvl 60. (OK, maybe excluding a healing or tanking companion for solo play, but you don't really need a blue/purple one for that).

The benefit of upgrading them is just not that great - if they are dying too often, they will probably still do so. Upgrading them will not make them smarter - they will continue to run into traps and seek out red circles to stand in.

The best thing you can do for those companions is to get some cheap purples that give them a recovery/regen/life steal boost - that will significantly increase their survivability and is a lot cheaper than upgrading them.

Now, for the augment companions (cat/stone), the benefit from upgrading them from 25 to 30 is rather small, although yo do get a few extra points. Generally, it is not worth it - however, if you already have maxed-out BiS gear, with high-end enchants then you have presumably spent millions of AD already (those level 9-10 enchants are pretty expensive), and quite frankly, the cost of upgrading your companion will be trivial by comparison - and it may be the best way to gain a few more points.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    koboldsmell88koboldsmell88 Banned Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I'm not happy, they destroyed the game IMO.
  • Options
    mryuzmryuz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 71
    edited August 2013
    I'll be giving FFIV a try in a few days here actually. It's a bit funny because when they first released FFXI years back I was playing another MMO that started adding quite a few bad updates such as they are doing right now in NW and I jumped ship to FF and never looked back. I gave a few f2p games a try this past year but since I have no problem paying a monthly fee I think that is the way to keep going now.

haha the funny thing is I left POE and moved to NWO, something I should've not dont. POE devs are really good at what they do. and that game is, in everyway, how a F2P game should be. All their cash items are really just cosmetics you can really play the game w/o spending anything and guess what.. the game is SURVIVING and is actually getting better from what i've heard.
  • Options
    spanky2014spanky2014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 78
    edited August 2013
    I'm slowly losing my enjoyment as a delve deeper into the game.
    Too numerous reasons to list!
  • Options
    alflo3000alflo3000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My Drow used to be straight up black with white hair.... Now he's some god awful red tinted mess with shiny greaseball grey hair. Please give us back our old skin tones. I've tried to get used to it, but it just looks horrible.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Paying a sub for a quality bug/exploit-free game don't sound too bad right now. ;)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    veramisveramis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The auction house was fun. Now no point doing much of anything once I reach the 24k rough ad refine per day cap. My friends don't do much with me anymore since we already have our armor. Just farming feywild to unlock campaign items. I can't even sell jagged dancing blade in AH anymore how boring.
  • Options
    drdoodlemandrdoodleman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My post in this thread seems to have disappeared or maybe I didn't post in here? Anyways I am not happy with the changes to the game. I have spent hundreds of dollars cause I like DnD, Neverwinter, and MMOs, but this game is not worth another dime at the rate it is going all my digital items will be available for free/cheaper and/or the game will die in a few months from mismanagement and any money I further spend will evaporate once that happens.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?841-The-Lower-Depths
    If you want a real look at the state of the game/customer service, check out the forum where they move all the "deleted"/banned "spam"
  • Options
    hobokenboyhobokenboy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've been unhappy with the game for quite a bit longer than the last patch, to be perfectly honest. The only saving grace I can find is that I'm not one of the people that shelled out money sight unseen for a pack of fluff goods for a game I hadn't even seen yet. But hey, it's got two million unique players!!
    I'm unhappy and I can't say why.
  • Options
    coldblazecoldblaze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had high hopes for this game. I am not concerned with "nerfs" or pvp. I was waiting for PWE to realize that transmuting gear appearance should not cost diamonds or not cost as many diamonds. The deduction in costs was absurd to me. My guild would love to work, as a group, towards additional guild bank slots (a system such as that found in STO would be nice). The inclusion of new currency to maintain for this new expansion was absurd. Gauntletgrym was a joke for me. It should not be an "event" but something we can enjoy when my guild has the time. I was willing to give the game 6 months to make good on it promises and to show some progress. I think they have made a good faith effort on all fronts, but they have taken too many steps backwards in other areas for my tastes. I think its time to find another home for my time and money.
    6.jpg