test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wondering when the regular Drow race will be available?

2»

Comments

• thunderquntthunderqunt Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am sure there willl be a lot of new characters created this weekend with 2 new races available. Now I just need to decide if I want to roll a Drow Trickster or a Moon Elf Control Wizard. Choices choices.
  • xaituxaitu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    OMG, YES!! Thank you so much, folks! <3
  • valiadgrvaliadgr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks a lot Cryptic !
  • zippichzippich Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Great! :-)
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't know what I am more excited about, the drow race or that, finally, you big babies can finally shut up about it. Here have your toy and shut up!
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    khimera906 wrote: »
    I don't know what I am more excited about, the drow race or that, finally, you big babies can finally shut up about it. Here have your toy and shut up!

Nau, venorsh!
  • theebrazzmonkeytheebrazzmonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yes the drow will be available but is the sun elf another 60 days out? l8r m8s Brazz
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yes the drow will be available but is the sun elf another 60 days out? l8r m8s Brazz

Oh for the love of Sune! The sun elf has time and time again been stated that it is coming WITH Feys Gone Wild module... They will be free. A bit later, perhaps a week or 2 later.... but it'll be coming!
    Along side of the drow, which we were recently ninja'd with.
  • nordveignordveig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah baby!!! Been waiting for the Drow for ages. How common are the drow in Neverwinter at this time?
  • deadlytalondeadlytalon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am sure there willl be a lot of new characters created this weekend with 2 new races available. Now I just need to decide if I want to roll a Drow Trickster or a Moon Elf Control Wizard. Choices choices.

2 new races ? am i mistaken, I thought there was 3 New Races ?, Sun Elves, Moon Elves, Drow
  • undeadcrabbundeadcrabb Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    2 new races ? am i mistaken, I thought there was 3 New Races ?, Sun Elves, Moon Elves, Drow

There are only two, I wonder, where the sun elves had gone?
    Folow me on Deviant art! ;)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    . . . . . The Sun Elves missing is a known issue they are working on and will have them in as soon as they can in a future patch update. That's all the information I have for you all at the moment, sorry!
  • sianekasianeka Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can't wait to see differences if any between new Drows and Menzoberranzans! *smile*
  • drdoodlemandrdoodleman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sianeka wrote: »
    Can't wait to see differences if any between new Drows and Menzoberranzans! *smile*

I couldn't notice any difference at all and I was bummed. Outside of the Drow having the better DPS racial over the Menzoberranzans and the few lines of background/backstory I cannot find any differences? Looks like the same animations, armors, starts as the other "elf" races. Races in this game come down to a few different skin/hair color pallet options and minor head alterations. Its about as deep as SWToR in terms of 'new races'

Until today I didn't know non-founders didn't have drow, I thought they all already drow and founders had menzoberranzans(I am a founder). Looked at both races side by side in the character creator, its the same race with different labels. WHERE is the difference? I couldn't tell if there was any different options hidden among all the exact same ones, but I didn't notice any, they just looked exactly the same.

Moon elfs are also very disappointing to look at in the character creator. Hair color goes from black to dark blue to white, the skin color goes from white to.... white? The options all look the same to me. The wood elf race has more than double the available color pallet. Why make a race that is so similar to other races that already exist, but then is just defined with a really limited color pallet? I can't wait to see sun elfs. Will it be a repeat of drow-menzoberranzans and offer a few slight variations in appearance?

Oh and now my founder's spider mount has been reskinned and released for trade bars! WTF?

I might as well stop buying the packs and just wait, everything gets released for free. thats coming from someone who has no problem gladly throwing money away,(over $400 in) but I am not going to throw it away whensame races/mounts are free later on, there won't be any uniqueness to the item next cycle, so why bother investing? That kind of copy&paste release style might catch a potential player for a cycle or two but they will stop caring a bout any 'unique' items once they see everyone with basically the same thing next cycle?

So far the only item I've collected in this game that seemed truly unique with a limited time window was the 'lyras mask' or whatever from that 'event'(or whatever you call a quest where you clicked on a firework once a day for 5 days?) that mask is the most limited-time-run/unique item my character will have come a year from now that people wont be able to re-get. I want that kind of uniqueness to a 'founder's editions' race or mount, and I've ended up receiving neither.

I really like this game and I have a lot of money to waste, and I want a multiplayer game with user made content to WORK, I really do. But this business model seems flawed, almost shady by releasing 'exclusive' items that are then reskinned and re-released. Right now it looks like buying a $60 pack just gives you 2 months earlier access to a race/mount. That is not a good deal even to someone with money to burn.

Right now I am thinking twice of buying the next 59.99 pack in a couple months. I will wait and see if everyone else gets copy&pasted sun elves and how they pair up to my moon elf. I will also wait and see how 'exclusive' my unicorn remains. Depending on those 2 factors I can assume I don't need to buy the next booster pack since it's main features(exclusive race/mount) will just be reskinned/released for free later. There is no point. I don't care enough to not wait 2 months.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?841-The-Lower-Depths
    If you want a real look at the state of the game/customer service, check out the forum where they move all the "deleted"/banned "spam"
    edited August 2013
    The elves look the same just with different colors, because, according to D&D lore, they look the same, just with different colors. Cryptic made the elves look the same way, because they, in fact, do look the same. You must understand, that while devs are making the game, they do not own the licence, so they can't just change the way things are supposed to look. Even DDO used the same models for Drow and regular elves.
  • strykurrstrykurr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    With no new classes what good is a new race?
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    It totally makes sense that this is still a sticky but the public relations disaster reaction to the nightmare lockbox exploit was taken down.

Right?
  • grelkaragrelkara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Pff. All elves look alike to me.
  • leematonleematon Member Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    My Moon Elf rocks as a Devoted Cleric of Kelemvor :)

Now that the Drow is also available it will be interesting to see how the two races compare.
    edited August 2013
    So far I have seen more moon elf chars, than drow.
  • reddracoflamereddracoflame Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i love the regular drow.. having alot of fun.
    edited August 2013
    Me too!

/10char
  • drdoodlemandrdoodleman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Me too!

/10char

I am assuming you guys didn't buy the founders pack and haven't had access to the other 'drow' already. Anyone who has the founder's pack has been totally deceived, both drow are the same, theres nothing new except text changes and a lack of a tattoo on the non-200 dollar version.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?841-The-Lower-Depths
    If you want a real look at the state of the game/customer service, check out the forum where they move all the "deleted"/banned "spam"
  • charkie1990charkie1990 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    anyone know wchich class is the best for moon elf ? besides control wizard
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    anyone know wchich class is the best for moon elf ? besides control wizard

Looking at the Racial traits:
    +2 Intelligence
    +2 Dexterity or +2 Charisma
    Inner Calm: Your inner peace and serenity cause you to focus more clearly on the task at hand. +2% Action Point gain.
    Sun Elf Grace: Your bottomless grace increases your resistance to Crown Control effects by 10%.

I'd say that Trickster Rogue would be the best choice after Control Wizard.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am assuming you guys didn't buy the founders pack and haven't had access to the other 'drow' already. Anyone who has the founder's pack has been totally deceived, both drow are the same, theres nothing new except text changes and a lack of a tattoo on the non-200 dollar version.

Well both are 'Drow', so exactly what differences did you expect apart from the tattoo? Also isn't the racial traits slightly different as well?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Well both are 'Drow', so exactly what differences did you expect apart from the tattoo? Also isn't the racial traits slightly different as well?
    Yes, the racial trait is different. I'm quite happy to have both versions of drow.