test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any point in running T2s?

degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey all,

Besides CN and MC, is there really any point in running Epic T2s? I suppose if a guildie needs an item for a set I can help them out, but otherwise, I don't see much incentive. Just some rough AD and the rare chance of getting a good item from the last boss?

Thoughts?
PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
Post edited by degraafination on

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Fun? Isn't that why we're all here, after all?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »

Sure but what I think he meant was that once you've done it and got your gear, is there any reason to rerun it. It can get repetitive now that there's no incentive to keep doing it. Because of the rewards before people could rerun dungeons and it wouldn't be so bad since they were after the reward. Now they're not. I'm too busy with feywild on 5 accounts to make my mind on the matter though.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    frishter wrote: »
    Sure but what I think he meant was that once you've done it and got your gear, is there any reason to rerun it. It can get repetitive now that there's no incentive to keep doing it. Because of the rewards before people could rerun dungeons and it wouldn't be so bad since they were after the reward. Now they're not. I'm too busy with feywild on 5 accounts to make my mind on the matter though.

Well, the T2 gear can be salvaged. The boss drops aren't BoP, so they can still be auctioned.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013

Not sure how skipping half of the dungeon for the loot is fun.Enter a party and ask them not to exploit and watch them leaving one by one.
    We BiS players bothered with the silly exploits just for the loot but now why would we do it anymore?

PS. The return to instance trick still works.
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Not sure how skipping half of the dungeon for the loot is fun.Enter a party and ask them not to exploit and watch them leaving one by one.
    We BiS players bothered with the silly exploits just for the loot but now why would we do it anymore?

PS. The return to instance trick still works.

I not rly sure if they fixed any T2 exploits with this patch....
  • Options
    fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I do it for fun!

I am sure after the 175th time ill move on to something that is more fun though.

Just gotta make sure not to exploit, hard to feel good about a victory when you cheated your way to it. Earn it!
  • Options
    drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well I'll have to run them to finish off my High Vizier equipment. There's nothing on the Beholder AH this evening. So far today I've failed to get past the campfire on a delve. That was an hour of my life wasted. I guess everyone's busy playing the new solo stuff...

Presumably the lack of gear on the AH will push up the price of everything else.
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

People mostly don't play MMOs for fun. They play them for achievement. That's why people call it "work". It's about achievement and competition and comparison with others. There are *some* people who play for fun, but for the most part people do not play MMOs for pure fun. That is why the issue is always "is it worth it" and "what is the reward?" It's the mentality of a contractor deciding whether to take a job. That's also why only a minority of people here like the foundry -- it offers "fun" but not "rewards" and people play MMOs for the latter and not the former. I remember stating something like what you stated in some MMO forum about 5-7 years ago and at least one person was very up front that he didn't play these games for "fun" -- if he wanted to have pure "fun" he would play something else like a racing game or an FPS or even a strat game -- but for work and achievement. I think that's inevitable in a virtual world setting, really, even if it's a more "gamey" one like this is.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Chance of gear and if a dungeon even it active a minimum of 6K Astral Diamonds...

And at that point...if you're in a guild...why the heck not agree to split the selling value of the dropped gear?
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    drscone wrote: »
    Well I'll have to run them to finish off my High Vizier equipment. There's nothing on the Beholder AH this evening. So far today I've failed to get past the campfire on a delve. That was an hour of my life wasted. I guess everyone's busy playing the new solo stuff...

Presumably the lack of gear on the AH will push up the price of everything else.

Not sure. Right now supply of gear is down (as you saw, people are not running T2s, so they are not listing gear on AH) and supply of ADs is down, too (BOP instituted, and people sinking ADs into the expansion campaign tree). At this point the market is unstable and in flux. We'll have to see what happens in a week or two as the expansion settles in and what player play patterns develop after that.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013

And at that point...if you're in a guild...why the heck not agree to split the selling value of the dropped gear?

This is what my guild does, but since you can't actually trade diamonds with other players it never really works out...
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    If I get the drops I buy items they can use/want/resell. For instance profession assets.

I basically request a wishlist of items within a value, sell the drop and then go on a shopping spree. :)
  • Options
    usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    theres no point.

I'm in a very large all 60's guild, and no one does dd anymore.
    Once everyone catches on that all malabog gear is BoP, and bosses mostly drops blues, people will quit with that too, except for those masochists who want the crafting pieces.

The BoP and 24k rough ad cap has soured just about everyone. The game companys greed has ruined the game for any long term enjoyment.

And no, its not our job to generate AD, our job is to make it.
    If more AD is wanted in the system, then they shoiuld stop sucking it dry with their deceptive AD drains like companion upgrades that cost more than a fully upgraded companion.

Do something for the players or lose them.
  • Options
    davidchan3194davidchan3194 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ambisinisterr is cute
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Ran Malbog's Castle twice today. Only one epic dropped out of both runs. It was a shield and the GF chose need so he got it (sounds fair). If there is no loot what is the sense? 9 out of 10 people lost money because they had to use pots and injury kits. One guy made around 6k (maybe more, I have no idea how much you get for salvaging a shield). Of course if it was DD time we would have gotten some Rough AD by salvaging, but I thought one of the main ideas of this BOP change was to make running dungeons during off times more attractive.
  • Options
    ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Hey all,

Besides CN and MC, is there really any point in running Epic T2s? I suppose if a guildie needs an item for a set I can help them out, but otherwise, I don't see much incentive. Just some rough AD and the rare chance of getting a good item from the last boss?

Thoughts?
    For the love of the game man! LOL! who doesn't love grinding dungs for nothing.
  • Options
    dornodiosmiosdornodiosmios Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Chance of gear and if a dungeon even it active a minimum of 6K Astral Diamonds...

How can you split the selling value of the gear when there is no way to xfer astral diamonds between accounts? Short of paying 10% on the initial sale and then another 10% on the amount transferred to each person.

It makes more sense to just let whomever wins it sell it and keep the AD. Eventually your turn to win will come around.

I have noticed that before the patch the guild I'm in was always running DD events. They did one the other day after the patch. It was pretty obvious there was no interest in running one this evening though. I'm sure I'll eventually get my set gear, but, it is definitely going to take longer now.

I wish they would consider adjusting the drop rates or even removing the DD chest altogether. Another possible option would be to make the DD chest equipment salvage for actual AD not rough ones. That is likely a 'non-starter' until the exploits are fixed, which doesn't seem likely.
  • Options
    gadhark01gadhark01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ott0maddux wrote: »
    For the love of the game man! LOL! who doesn't love grinding dungs for nothing.

i cant bear thease dungeons anymore. I like the skirmishes (perfect length). But in the dungeons are an absurd ammount of trashmobs. Thats boring as hell and i dont like using bugs to get faster there or skip bosses. I would like that all dungeons should be more like skirmishes. But thats just my idea.

So i play the other content, but i guess its better to stop playing.
  • Options
    exarkun007exarkun007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 113 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    With CN, we sell the item, then buy zen and get keys (hopefully it sells for enough to get a 10 pack, for an even 2 each). The extra we split into preservation wards. It only gets more profitable to more zen drops :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    How can you split the selling value of the gear when there is no way to xfer astral diamonds between accounts? Short of paying 10% on the initial sale and then another 10% on the amount transferred to each person.

Simple: I don't.

As I said I asked people in my party what item they wanted and purchased it for them.

Example: I got an Avatar of War Helm
    I sold it for 750K, that left 660K to divvy up, 132K per person.

There's a lot you can buy for 132K per person. One person got a few man-at-arms. Another person got a piece of gear he needed. Another person got a Coalescent ward. All of that stuff can be traded free of charge in person or through the mail.
    And of course if you play with a person frequently you can always use IOU's if they want larger value items.

I normally delve with friends. This obviously isn't possible in pugs or even less dedicated friend/guild groups but RNG sucks and we try to make things better for us. It's not easy but well within possibility and with friends, honestly, it's far better than relying on rng.
  • Options
    timtamsstimtamss Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Simple: I don't.

As I said I asked people in my party what item they wanted and purchased it for them.

Example: I got an Avatar of War Helm
    I sold it for 750K, that left 660K to divvy up, 132K per person.

There's a lot you can buy for 132K per person. One person got a few man-at-arms. Another person got a piece of gear he needed. Another person got a Coalescent ward. All of that stuff can be traded free of charge in person or through the mail.
    And of course if you play with a person frequently you can always use IOU's if they want larger value items.

I normally delve with friends. This obviously isn't possible in pugs or even less dedicated friend/guild groups but RNG sucks and we try to make things better for us. It's not easy but well within possibility and with friends, honestly, it's far better than relying on rng.

Unfortunately, more than half the time, the boss drops a 6k AD item making farming a huge chore. And the disappointment of getting that 6k AD item really kicks the fun out of doing the dungeon "just for fun". Which really only leaves doing the dungeon until you get your set piece (or helping a friend). Or actually running the dungeon just for fun (but in honesty, doing it more than once a week would zap the fun out of that). Therefore, the most likely scenario is that sooner rather than later, noone but new characters will run t2 since everyone (and i mean everyone) will have gotten the pieces they want and there would be no need (and virtually no want) in running t2s.
  • Options
    th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    There is no point in running T2 anymore if you're already BIS, once ur BIS there's nothing left to do in the game other than... other than... nothing else. Quit.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    make the DD chest equipment salvage for actual AD not rough ones.

This is really how it should have been from the get go. I shouldn't have to refine the currency a VENDOR pays me with. I don't mind refining diamonds my adventurers bring me straight from the mines, or that the gods drop on me from the sky - that makes sense. But a vendor should be paying me in real currency. Having the vendor pay us in rough diamonds cuts into our AD in two ways - not being able to auction it for more and cutting into our refinement limit. It doesn't make sense on multiple levels of game design.
  • Options
    schulz87schulz87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    are the crafting materials for malabog castle bound also? Seems everything is bound, I tried skirmish and the barkshield enchantment is also bound, I mean what the hell are we supposed to do if we dont need that? and it barely drops
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    th0rfinn wrote: »
    There is no point in running T2 anymore if you're already BIS, once ur BIS there's nothing left to do in the game other than... other than... nothing else. Quit.

You can always join me in Lol. I started playing that game because my Cousin plays, and it's always Fun to deal with insults from players who feel they are better than you.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    People mostly don't play MMOs for fun. They play them for achievement. That's why people call it "work". It's about achievement and competition and comparison with others. There are *some* people who play for fun, but for the most part people do not play MMOs for pure fun. That is why the issue is always "is it worth it" and "what is the reward?" It's the mentality of a contractor deciding whether to take a job. That's also why only a minority of people here like the foundry -- it offers "fun" but not "rewards" and people play MMOs for the latter and not the former. I remember stating something like what you stated in some MMO forum about 5-7 years ago and at least one person was very up front that he didn't play these games for "fun" -- if he wanted to have pure "fun" he would play something else like a racing game or an FPS or even a strat game -- but for work and achievement. I think that's inevitable in a virtual world setting, really, even if it's a more "gamey" one like this is.

This I can't even call reasoning ... it's so bad. So you say, people do not play games for fun, but to work, because .... thats' their fun ? Sick. I am sure you can do much better than this. ;)
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013

+1.

Try running Karru without shortcuts or exploits. I finally found a group last night that does that, and it was quite a (fun) challenge.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    People mostly don't play MMOs for fun. They play them for achievement.

People with small... swords... perhaps. Almost everyone I hang with in Neverwinter is there to have fun.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Fun it is. If its not fun don't do it. (Note you need to decide what is fun for you, I'm not here to tell you what that is at all.)

My guild runs at least 1 t2 every time DD drops, we have fun, we help each other out etc, we don't always get to the end, but that's not the be all and end all of the game either.

Also once you have your t2 sit back play the campaign and events, start a new character and see how the story goes differently for different classes... Lots of things to do in the game.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I still run T2s because I have a GF which I ran DDs with for weeks when I was not so geared, and he can't do the CN jumps. At one point, when we started CN, I saw him basically teamless advertising himself in /lfg. This shouldn't happen.

So I'm back doing T2s. Most gear I win sells for 5k-10K AD which is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> compared to a chance at a CN item for 300-600K. But it is what it is.

I'm thinking we should 4-man 3rd boss and get our tank in CN as well. Too bad most people don't feel like doing it with "just" 2 CWs.