test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you happy with the changes made by latest patch? Why?

Comments

• Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    People in the internet forums are like a cancer, it rots games from inside and then expand and expand...

My 2 cents:

The new content... well i liked it in the preview server, but i found it way too easy, now, in the live server, i saw a slight tweak to difficulty that is really apreciated, the solo questing is fast and fun, replayable, the new skirmish is nice and good for farminng crescents to boons and keys... malabog's castle is sick... i had more fun in the 2 hours ive been playing it than in the last month of delves/CN combined, the difficulty is CHALLENGING for a 13k avg party so many people will get angry for it, but i found it really really refreshing, i enjoyed the boss fights, the dung itself and even failing in fulminorax (its reeeally hard on a pug, cuz comunication to kill valindra asap is esential) the boss figth itself is awesome, thumbs up! I also apreciate that the new main hand/off hand set (BiS) is BoP/craftable so people will need to actually have effort in getting it.
    I kinda expected more/different sets, but its ok, expansion content wise 8/10

Balance:

Uhmm tricky, i kinda like the result overall, but i really dislike the problems it caused, GWFs were having serious problems to get into endgame groups and now, also they have more bugs and the ones they had have not been fixed.
    TR nerf was needed and i like a lot the result, still great and fun class to play (my alt is a TR) still best ST DPS, still awesome in PvE and PvP.
    DC needed some tweak, but they did it backwards, still, as Clerics are absolutly necessary in endgame dungs, and because healing in this game is challenging and different than in other games, good players will still enjoy it.
    GF... Stalwart... i was a maxed out stalwart, i just switched to timeless hero and im enjoying it the same, my gs scalated to 16k, my mitigation dropped 2% overall, my DPS increased slightly, and overall i spent about 600k into unslot/enchanting... stalwart was stupidly OP, every GF with half brain knew it, and it has been a good nerf, i applaud it.
    CW, the Shield Ap generation nerf is also great, perennial singularity was ridiculous as well, and made dungs boring as hell,also made any other class useless, good job,fixing the other stuff in the class also well done.
    Overall balance 6/10, you guys must fix GWFs role and bugs and buff DC!

The other stuff... well, here is where i am kinda dissapointed, the "return to instance fix" is useless and does not work, CN is still exploitable (less so, because Draco now is bugged, making it hell for bad players, but still) tthe other dungs speed runs, shortcuts and exploits are there still... really dissapointing.
    The game crashing... i know its a huge patch and is reasonable to get some problems, but this one sux devs, fix it asap.
    The "Nightmare's nightmare" i dont like the explanation they gave to the people, but i think the problem is soo small and soo overblown fo the doomsayers that i kinda simpatetize with devs now, i would love to force people into getting things in perspective and not get so angry about so ridiculously small annoyances, first world problems at its max!

3/10 overall in "other stuff"

so... i guess the work is there, the overall feeling is good, but there are lots of things to improve and fix.
  • Options
    siestrionsiestrion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am unhappy with the patch. The Nightmare Lockbox spin was poorly handled. The new content is kind of frustrating with all it's weird currencies to buy/unlock things. I think it makes it silly. But most importantly, I have lost profession assets. Professions were my favorite part of the game and now I've lost assets. I'm not running any professions anymore and I'm barely logging in, to invoke. I have not even bothered to try my Great Weapon Fighter, because I don't want to deal with another disappointment.
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I voted no because most of the changes hurt the players. The class nerfs suck but I can live with them. The change to Stalwart was horrible though. Those players should have gotten free enchant removal. I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised to see they dropped the AD cost for the new area content. I was hoping they would but I never expected it. I still stand by what I said before this patch came out... Most of these changes were put in place to increase Zen sales and suck the AD from players. Many players are going to have a hard time affording anything very soon. I was actually shocked today because one of my alts could no longer afford to end a leadership task early. I don't end them early, I'm not that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, it was just so weird seeing the button all greyed out. She just hit 60 last week and spent some AD grabbing a little gear. Getting a boon and a Malbog key wiped out almost all of her AD.

Wait till people start to realize what is in the new lockboxes. It is almost all garbage and you no longer have a chance to get a coalescent ward or even a preservation ward. I guess they hope people will start spending $10 to buy a coal from the Zen store (time to pray your butt off). Now when you get a crappy enchant or runestone box from a lockbox you really lose big. I got 3 rank 4 enchants from one of the boxes I opened. I will not be doing that again. On the plus side the new planar idol is better than the jeweled idol because you can get between 40 - 50k AD instead of a flat 40k.
  • Options
    pro473rxxpro473rxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Happy? Im cleary not happy with the latest patch.First of all there is no "new race" for those players who choose to don't spend 60 bucks just to acces it.Second,you actually have to pay around 250k Astral Diamonds to acces 80% of the content in Sharandar.Third,if PWE continues like that,i'll be surely leaving this game,becouse they obviously don't give a **** about the f2p community,the exploit yday proved it once more.For the replies"zomg **** you can exchange zen to ad gtfo" im going to simply tell me that f2p can't earn more than 10k astral diamonds at day(at level 60),so i'll need total of 25 days to gain access to the content,which is just sad.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Why its bad that the company tries to win money with the game? if they dont win money the game dies :S
  • Options
    guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    GWF nerfed across the board.. DPS, survivability, unstoppable... the worst class is in a league of its own now for the PoS that it is... add to that a whole range of bugs added without fixing the old ones..........
    Class cant do anything now..
    PoS class from PoS devs

Exactly!
    I have a GWF Sentinel that was a Beast before patch and Now it can't do Jack in Normal or T1 let alone T2 Dungeons!
    Same Old Glitches(Can't Activate Unstopabble Glitch) plus Some New Nerf or Glicth giving Unstopabble only 2 secs use!
    GREAT JOB CRYPTIC RUINING a CLASS and Scaring away your customers!
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was hoping for something better, but it really feels like artificial fluff. To me anyway, it looks more and more that Cryptic had a great game, then they screwed it up by making it into a money-machine. Sharandar just doesn't have the same quality as the other area's, it feels unfinished, like a first attempt at the Foundry.

But that's fixable. What's really worrying is that they just keep introducing more and more bugs, even ones that were well known before they went live. That's just bad programming and lousy in-house testing, and no content can improve that.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    mikgamerz wrote: »
    What do you need AD for? You can farm everything from dungeons...unless you suck and can't complete them... They are so **** easy. So much easier if you exploit them.

Yeah until you get to the BOSS with TONS of ADDS and you realize you can't Cheat and Wipe Over and Over again just to realize the Reward you're gonna Get from that Boss is Actually Needed BEFORE you attempt it.... so you clearly have to buy it in the AH....how ?
    With ZEN....
    So I for 1 can't see how am I supposed to play this game without expending REAL MONEY!....Besides....try to PUG sometime a T2 dungeon to see if cheating works with a 90% of ill gear and inexperienced players you get as companions and come back to give us Real Lessons on how to PUG... maybe without your GUILDIES.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The change for stalwart bulkwar set was an atrocity, many players invest time and money farming or buying enchantment, dyes, etc to empower that set, now is a useless set. The stacking system don't work, i can't even do 2 stacks.

**** First My GWF is NERF... Now my GF is NERF too? CRYPTIC I want my Money invested in Enchanments BACK! Do you even PLAY THIS GAME!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I've earned more than 100 MILLION AD playing the game, i completed ALL but 1 (epic DV) dungs in Pugs (real random queue pugs, not premades) if people try to learn how to play their toons instead of zerging to anything that moves they would enjoy the game more and wouldnt have any kind of shortage of AD, instead of QQing, talk with the pug players, more often than not it becomes a great difference.

And all of this without any kind of exploit, i play legit runs (well, i did CN shortcuting, but killing all bosses) i hate speed runs, i hate exploits and exploiters, and i like to run t2 dungs properly, killing everything, even playing 1 hour/day you should be able to enjoy the game without having money problems.
  • Options
    mryuzmryuz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 71
    edited August 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    I've earned more than 100 MILLION AD playing the game, i completed ALL but 1 (epic DV) dungs in Pugs (real random queue pugs, not premades) if people try to learn how to play their toons instead of zerging to anything that moves they would enjoy the game more and wouldnt have any kind of shortage of AD, instead of QQing, talk with the pug players, more often than not it becomes a great difference.

And all of this without any kind of exploit, i play legit runs (well, i did CN shortcuting, but killing all bosses) i hate speed runs, i hate exploits and exploiters, and i like to run t2 dungs properly, killing everything, even playing 1 hour/day you should be able to enjoy the game without having money problems.

we believe you
  • Options
    nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Graphics,I custom built my rig for gaming about 10 months ago,I have never had a graphics issue with games or anything,never had to mess with adjustments,started playing and now indoors everything is grey,I'm getting hit but can't see whats hitting me until I'm face up on it,I turn invisible,things flash in and out of grey,anyway a mess indoors but ok outdoors,now I have loved playing the game,great time killer till I finish rebuilding my bike,but now I guess I will have to spend a day playing with my graphics adjustments and really don't want to since it's just this game thats having problems.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I like the fact that my queue times (as a DC) are even shorter than before....seems there is a real shortage of DCs now.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When you give people an opportunity to complain they will. Oddly those 75% keep playing a game they don't enjoy for odd reasons. :D

I like those changes, exploits are abit harder to achieve, there are still a lot of fixes to do in dungeons but it's on the right track. I have really 0 money issue, actually, i'm getting a lot more ADs since the patch, thanks to the salvager.

If you have ADs issue then i suggest you start doing dungeons properly and learn to play your character instead of jumping into the skybox. A better player = less failures during boss fights and faster runs. Simple maths.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    frarii wrote: »
    I've earned more than 100 MILLION AD playing the game,.

How many horses you have left? Can I have 1 pls?;)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    ocdonlineocdonline Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Have mixed feelings about the update, so can't really answer yes or no.

The GWF deflection nerfs and Unstoppable nerfs/bugs hurt (survivability is pretty important for a frontline fighter). Not so bothered about the Slam nerf (never liked the idea of depending on one daily for dps).

Have never had a Nightmare mount (and probably never will), so don't feel personally aggrieved about the brief Nightmare bonanza, but would probably have been annoyed if I'd been affected by a rollback.

Like the new area and love the new campaign system - it's nice to have level 60 PVE content that offers some feeling of progression. However do feel that there should be more things to do in the new zone that aren't tied to the daily timer. Felt a bit let down when was told to 'come back tomorrow' when I was just getting to enjoy the new area.
  • Options
    kimonkakimonka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The immediate thing I don't like is the BOP, prices to unlock fey content and upgrade for companions (Seriously, 300k for an upgrade is too much. Although I understand it's only a luxury if anything). I haven't seen all of the content yet.
    Since there seems to be a lot of people here who made millions or hundred thousands of AD:
    How did you do it? O_o. Especially for people under level 60 or ones who only have 1-2 hours to play? Is it purely playing the AH? Or is there a dungeon drop I haven't heard of yet that is worth <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> loads of AD? (A level 58 with only 180k AD x-x)

I appreciate the help!
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    The Graphics,I custom built my rig for gaming about 10 months ago,I have never had a graphics issue with games or anything,never had to mess with adjustments,started playing and now indoors everything is grey,I'm getting hit but can't see whats hitting me until I'm face up on it,I turn invisible,things flash in and out of grey,anyway a mess indoors but ok outdoors,now I have loved playing the game,great time killer till I finish rebuilding my bike,but now I guess I will have to spend a day playing with my graphics adjustments and really don't want to since it's just this game thats having problems.

Well I'll save you some time. Don't bother messing with settings, I don't think there's anything we can do on our end. I've tested every setting from DX9 - DX11. I'll let you know if I find anything though, going to try a few other things on the OS side.
  • Options
    vaffanchtulhuvaffanchtulhu Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm actually happy because this will teach another hard lessons to all people giving this company more credit than it's due.

On the other hand, I really hope the game won't die. In fact it's the perfect bait to lure a whole lot of fat kids with insane obsession for merely decorative stuff and lobotomy mechanics and keep them away from more serious games, thus performing a more than welcome natural selection.

I think that PWE and these kids represent the perfect combo and should stick together for all the eternity.

In such perspective, long live Neverwinter.
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    I'm actually happy because this will teach another hard lessons to all people giving this company more credit than it's due.

On the other hand, I really hope the game won't die. In fact it's the perfect bait to lure a whole lot of fat kids with insane obsession for merely decorative stuff and lobotomy mechanics and keep them away from more serious games, thus performing a more than welcome natural selection.

I think that PWE and these kids represent the perfect combo and should stick together for all the eternity.

In such perspective, long live Neverwinter.

I laughed at this. Sad to say though the idea that it's only kids is wishful thinking! You'll need to add quite a few other demographics. It's a pretty strange planet.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    kimonka wrote: »
    The immediate thing I don't like is the BOP, prices to unlock fey content and upgrade for companions (Seriously, 300k for an upgrade is too much. Although I understand it's only a luxury if anything). I haven't seen all of the content yet.
    Since there seems to be a lot of people here who made millions or hundred thousands of AD:
    How did you do it? O_o. Especially for people under level 60 or ones who only have 1-2 hours to play? Is it purely playing the AH? Or is there a dungeon drop I haven't heard of yet that is worth <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> loads of AD? (A level 58 with only 180k AD x-x)

I appreciate the help!

Uhmm well, if you have only 1-2 hours of gameplay becomes harder, i've been playing since first week of open beta and started doing dungeons in week 2, CN in week 3 till now, so the amount of money i got from it is huge, for a new made toon id suggest 3 ways:

Make at least 2 toons and leadership tasks on both : 10k avg (without much effort, just update tasks via gateway every now and then ) x 2 : 20k day
    Play T1 dungeons until you're confident on your skill and understanding of the teamwork and how to play your toon, theyre fast and really more fun than t2 ones, and now, will be way easiier to get a full T1 set and fulfill the 24k refining cap, 1 hour day HAVING FUN caps the refining: 15k day
    Save all the enchants and fuse them, in sharandar there a lot of lvl 4 drops for example, that way you will make 1 lvl 7 on avg every week, thats another 10k refined/day
    Never gamble on lockboxes!
    take a look at the Ah and understand how it works, when you have more money you will make more money from it.
    When youre confident in your skill, start doing T2, i'd suggest to play "slow runs" you will have fun, make less money, but having fun and really gettin the level of skill needed for CN. and then CN, 1 run day = 100k day.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    How many horses you have left? Can I have 1 pls?;)

Sry, sold the extra ones :D

Nah, i got 2 nightmares on those 20 minutes, but after gambling away most of those millions on boxes/packs previously and getting only 1... i feel i deserved those ;) 1 horse for each toon.
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not really happy because they made it impossible to have the best weapons in the game without investing cash for assets .

For those who don't know yet , to get the best versions of the new weapons you need to craft them and get crafting result rank 2 which can be done only via 4 blue assets + 1 white + having max proffesion .

This just ruins the game as it gates the best weapons / content .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    After reading patch notes it seems it is just another big push towards zen. 15 bucks a month is starting look much cheaper option compared to this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sphosphosphosphosphosphosphospho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dungeons and gauntlygrym was my source of income and I had a lot of fun doing them with my guildies..... but now since it's all BoP we aren't motivated to do it and were really bored after doing the dailies at the new expansion map.
    38kills.png
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Not really happy because they made it impossible to have the best weapons in the game without investing cash for assets .

For those who don't know yet , to get the best versions of the new weapons you need to craft them and get crafting result rank 2 which can be done only via 4 blue assets + 1 white + having max proffesion .

This just ruins the game as it gates the best weapons / content .

yeah that's ridiculous that's pay to win easily by any standard sure you have to do the crafting to reach the level to build them but no one should ever get the resources from paying real money for the best gear! That doesn't solve anything that makes things worse.

And then there's the whole talk about classes and they maybe might come out with just 1 class in 7 months time!!!! Really?! just one? when that one should have been out already? How about you guys hire some contractors to come in and help you spit out at the very least 3 new classes before 2014 since we've been told you're making lotsa money, and then 3 next year that would be a total of 6 considering my poll on these forums shows that players are very much interested only in you releasing new classes before any new content is released in the coming months!

While you're in there take out this pay to win mess with the resources and remove the visibility of gear score it's okay to use gear score in the system to prevent undergeared people from joining in a really difficult dungeon bit it's not okay to allow other players to see it, it causes discrimination in the world.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ocdonline wrote: »
    Have mixed feelings about the update, so can't really answer yes or no.

The GWF deflection nerfs and Unstoppable nerfs/bugs hurt (survivability is pretty important for a frontline fighter). Not so bothered about the Slam nerf (never liked the idea of depending on one daily for dps).

Have never had a Nightmare mount (and probably never will), so don't feel personally aggrieved about the brief Nightmare bonanza, but would probably have been annoyed if I'd been affected by a rollback.

Like the new area and love the new campaign system - it's nice to have level 60 PVE content that offers some feeling of progression. However do feel that there should be more things to do in the new zone that aren't tied to the daily timer. Felt a bit let down when was told to 'come back tomorrow' when I was just getting to enjoy the new area.

You can do the skirmish and/or kill mobs to get crescents. There is no time gate on boons so as soon as you have enough cresents you can unlock it. This is "something to do" without any time gate :)
  • Options
    kyotheman9000kyotheman9000 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kaltoum wrote: »
    After reading patch notes it seems it is just another big push towards zen. 15 bucks a month is starting look much cheaper option compared to this game.

but most pay to play weren't successful only when time they came out, time is changing people are either lazy, don't have much time or usually casual don't have time devote to the game, 15dollar monthly only worked for EQ and Wow, they had huge following but sony ruin EQ alot of people gave up on it plus its old game, wow had huge fan base only reason monthly worked for them, EA tried failed they rushed bioware, vanguard, AC they did okay for awhile then flopped, Tera online did so bad it had to switch. DCUO did better as free to play model buying expansions and in game sony making tons of money. Just sucks perfect world is chinese company are very greedy not as greedy as nexon still greedy.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    On the whole, no. I like new content, yay.

I don't like Foundry changes, on the whole. They keep changing assets without telling anyone, which really messes with people's creations. And they keep stealth changing stuff with drastic game effects (latest is a dialog prompt budget, which... pretty much kills everything I've done and will do)

Foundry is the only distinctive thing about this game, and they keep mismanaging it. I hold out some hope -- the devs communicate well about Foundry, which is refreshing from Cryptic, so there's that.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I like what little I've seen thus far. Neverwinter was missing end game content that can be played by individual players, and now we've got it. Some repeatable short soloable mini-dungeons stuffed with nodes, better enchant + blue item drops, the enemies (or at least their attacks) are interesting, and the new environments are quite nice to look at.
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7