test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you happy with the changes made by latest patch? Why?

Comments

• Options
    mryuzmryuz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 71
    edited August 2013
    mikgamerz wrote: »
    What do you need AD for? You can farm everything from dungeons...unless you suck and can't complete them... They are so **** easy. So much easier if you exploit them.

really? can you farm coal and Lv8-10 enchants from dungeons too? -_-
  • Options
    syraen83syraen83 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    7/10th's Not Happy:

The fact that they Still haven't fixed the exploits that existed weeks ago. They allowed everyone, except for the honest people who didn't exploit it, to keep the nightmare box mounts from the Nightmare bug. Gauntlegrym was bad before with people doing speed runs in fardelver (still not fixed), the gauntlgrym pvp is even worse now with people going to the points and preparing to cap nodes before the game even starts. Salvage is great... but because of the exploiter's we lost BoE from seal items, glory and coins (this way they cap their direct astral gain instead of fixing the real issue). I could care less about class, item set bonus, nerfs ect... but not fixing the real issues are what make me re-consider Any Real financial investments.

Simple fix to fardelver, place a few objective requirements along the intended path to keep people on it, us foundry editors do it all the time. GG pvp, make an invisible 2000 by 2000 foot wall at the gate the disappears when the event actually starts.

3/10th's Happy:

Finally, the 3D editor is actually useful with the ability to move just about anything, free camera, add items in 3d mode ect...
    The new zones look great and the new "environmental" inhibitors during combat are a step in the right direction, moving away from zerg type bosses (boss, adds, adds, adds, more adds and um more adds)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@syraen83
    The Waelrot Chronicles - NWS-DTNHVU2UM
    Secret in the Gorgoth Mines - NW-DOB8M54LC
    Upheaval in the King's Forest - NW-DJ3EDZ4OR

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?391231-Foundry-quot-Secret-in-the-Gorgoth-Mines-quot
  • Options
    mikgamerzmikgamerz Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2013
    mryuz wrote: »
    really? can you farm coal and Lv8-10 enchants from dungeons too? -_-

What server are you on? I'll just hand you a few free enchants since you are too lazy to farm them. How did any of these updates take away your ability to farm those?
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What server are you on? I'll just hand you a few free enchants since you are too lazy to farm them. How did any of these updates take away your ability to farm those?

If you still giving out free enchants, I'm on dragon.:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    he's not getting the point and im not even gona bother to explain sumthing thats suppose to be easy to get
  • Options
    tranglectranglec Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I like the new content but I hate the nerfs.
    Now my TR definitely does less damage than a GWF, which makes the whole class pointless.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    If you still giving out free enchants, I'm on dragon.:)

mindflayer :(
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    good im in mindflayer. now gimme 2 pcs Lv8 dark enchants.
  • Options
    usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    the dd chest change killed this game. after people are done with sharrandar this game will wither when people realize there isn't **** worthwhile to do, and the only way to make ad Professions/Prayer/UnrefineAD feels like a **** chore.

pretty much sums up my feelings. not the only way to make ad, but the 24k cap combined with BoP killed it for me
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    syraen83 wrote: »
    7/10th's Not Happy:

Salvage is great... but because of the exploiter's we lost BoE

wrong. we loast BoE because cryptic want to sell more zen
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Or they'll realize that farming dungeons outside of DD bonus just became 100 times more profitable, because unbound gear, that doesn't depend on the box, suddenly became much more valuable.

it wont be all that profitable because people wont have the ad to aford the high prices. there is still T2 gear on the AH at lower prices from before the patch and no one is buying it.
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is this a joke? Look at 75% of the posts on the front page of this board. Check out Nightmare Thursday if you're late to that bit too.

I am dissatisfied with this patch because I wasn't lucky and now I am limited to 24k AD per day.

Count your blessings, STO is limited to 8000 a day.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I completely quit this game as I played only clerics. Once again I'd like to take this moment to express to Cryptic that it should go **** itself.
  • Options
    rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The fact that they let the Nightmare box "bug" go is a dealbreaker for me. Unfair for some us legit players who spent real money on the boxes playing it the legit way.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    tranglec wrote: »
    I like the new content but I hate the nerfs.
    Now my TR definitely does less damage than a GWF, which makes the whole class pointless.

I have yet to notice a real drop off on dps so I have absolutely no clue what many TR's are doing...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    good im in mindflayer. now gimme 2 pcs Lv8 dark enchants.

full name to send to?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The fact that they let the Nightmare box "bug" go is a dealbreaker for me. Unfair for some us legit players who spent real money on the boxes playing it the legit way.

Ya I'm with you there. I sat there with 500k AD that could have been turned in to zen to buy some keys and get a few nightmares myself but noooo my good and fair play spirit had to stop me...
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Patch sucks.

TR nerf sucks.

GWF nerf sucks.

BoP sucks.

Dev's handling of Nightmare Thursday sucks.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    full name to send to?
    khariza@mryuz

:)
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    khariza@mryuz

:)

omg I want dark enchants too lol
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The change for stalwart bulkwar set was an atrocity, many players invest time and money farming or buying enchantment, dyes, etc to empower that set, now is a useless set. The stacking system don't work, i can't even do 2 stacks.
  • Options
    spacemoose5spacemoose5 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd be happy if chill stacks actually worked on bosses anymore. They don't.
  • Options
    wraithynwraithyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2013
    I'm not happy I'm f'ing pissed.

1) Rogue Nerfs alone - Lurkers nerfed to the floor and the duration cut when it was supposed to be longer, the teleport only serves to confuse the hell out of you making it even less useful. You don't even know which target it will take you to, it sucks. Power scaling further reduced their ability to damage (ninja nerf bringing them far below everyone but the DC in most parties), dagger's cut from 12 to 8 (now worthless as they don't scale correctly to be anything more than an irritant), impossible to catch is no longer immune to knock backs (ninja nerf). This is what the third or fourth nerf to rogues?

2) I paid 59.99 for that BS Feywild Pack. Total waste of money. The moon elf - another useless, lesser, class to humans, extra character slot (for what? Rangers? Not in this pack maybe in the next 60 dollar pack), 600K in AD, another mount? The rest of the garbage is not worth mentioning, I just trash it to free up very limited inventory space.

3) New quests and timers - Most of the quests are bugged as hell, I can't advance past the first series due to bugged gathering quests. The GM's wont respond because they're swamped. Server stability is shot to hell, everyone in my guild keeps getting booted. I had to reset the first series and can't take them again for another 8 hours?!?! WTF is that? So basically I'm out a whole night of running with the guild because your f'ing marketing department wanted to push this **** out on schedule? I'd rather it be right.

4) The GF nerf to their armor set would have had me calling your customer service department demanding a full refund but lucky for you I did not invest in that set. I can't believe you had the gall to screw them like that. Many folks spent close to a hundred bucks getting their toons right and you just blasted that all to hell and left them scratching their collective arses.

What exactly is here to be liked. I basically paid $60 to take it up the ***.

I can guarantee you this. I will play this game to keep up with my guildies but I will not spend another dime here. You've lost my business. You have zero customer appreciation and satisfaction here.

The only positive thing I have seen in 2 days of gameplay is the trash loot drops in the new area are slightly better making our gold gain a bit better. That's it! That's all I can see as a positive.
  • Options
    somedogesomedoge Member Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    wraithyn wrote: »
    I'm not happy I'm f'ing pissed.
    I basically paid $60 to take it up the ***.

No, you paid $60 to get "lucky!" :D
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    People wanted a rollback to eliminate the nightmare issue. I want a rollback to eliminate the entire update! :D

So many bugs at this point I'm actually a little concerned.

For any of you who don't know, not only are some official quests broken but many foundry quests as well. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?461331-Known-Issue-Teleporters
  • Options
    wraithynwraithyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2013
    Whatever. All I'm talking to online are pissed people. That's not good for the state of the game!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Wouldn't that be great! Agreed!

I think there should be a poll on that one.
  • Options
    somedogesomedoge Member Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    wraithyn wrote: »
    Wouldn't that be great! Agreed!

I think there should be a poll on that one.

Feel free to start one. However I would wait until tomorrow when people are on and buzzing like wasps. Also don't try to make it a "petition" if you don't want it getting locked.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    full name to send to?

ive yet to recieve that Rank 8 Dark Enchants *roll eyes*
  • Options
    theshadowlivestheshadowlives Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Voted NO for several reasons.

Game Play: I play casual/solo, I do not pvp and can't run dungeons, due to 24x7 on call with work. It's not fair to guilds or dungeon groups if I have to leave when an emergency call comes in. If I get called as a solo player, no one but myself gets impacted. With the recent changes in this game it is not as casual/solo friendly anymore. I know peeps will say this is an MMO, but my above reason dictates the need of casual/solo. Also all those years dealing with guilds in WOW when I was able too, was too much drama, I had enough with guilds and dungeon groups.

Gear BOP: My business if I bought decent gear in the AH, that is now gone with BOP. Crafting doesn't offer any decent solution. Even with the changes you have to group in dungeons for some of the material, well at least from what I can tell so far. Foundry does not offer a good alternative in gear or for crafting.

Foundry Play: This one isn't a game design issue, mostly bad luck for me from how players are designing them. Foundry builds even before the updates were becoming less solo friendly. Also why run foundry if you don't get anything decent out of it. The rewards just basically suck. It's sad, as the Foundry could really be a good quick fix for a lot of issues with the game. Crafting, gear, solo play, group play, basically anything that needs to be done. There is a lot of talent out there in the player base, but why bother with the current rewards.

TR Class: The nerfing is a personal soar point for me. I liked my TR build and I'm not interested in the others. Also I don't have time for multiple builds. So far the nerfing appears it will make TR solo'ing harder on PVE. I am still playing with this one, to see how bad it is.

It's a shame that I had to provide a "NO" vote. The casual/solo players concerns that were voiced in the forums, were largely ignored, to the point where you get that second class citizen feeling. I've sank a few hundred into the game early on, because I liked it that much, but now sadly, I will not spend anymore, unless I see some improvements. I will keep checking for a time, and hope things will improve.