test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you happy with the changes made by latest patch? Why?

mryuzmryuz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 71
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I just want to know whats the opinion of the majority. This poll will, in a way, show us if Cryptic was telling the truth when they said that the changes were made based on players feedback.
Post edited by mryuz on

Comments

• Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm torn. GWF nerf was terrible. But, I'm curious to see where this bound DD chest loot takes us.
  • Options
    sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm also torn .... no wait, I'm not. The Nightmare Lockbox Exploit ruined the game.

EDIT: Actually, the exploit didn't ruin the game. The developers refusing to do anything about it is what ruined the game. My bad!
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    I'm also torn .... no wait, I'm not. The Nightmare Lockbox Exploit ruined the game.

EDIT: Actually, the exploit didn't ruin the game. The developers refusing to do anything about it is what ruined the game. My bad!

This is pretty much my only beef with the x-pack.

Am I happy with the changes in the X-Pack? Yes, actually.

Am I happy with the current state of the game? Absolutely not.
  • Options
    springmeadowspringmeadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    I won't be staying...I can play a puzzle game from Amazon instead on my Kindle fire.
  • Options
    writer12writer12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Nightmare bug is what ruined it for me. I couldn't care about the bug or the exploiters. What I care about was how this company chosen to deal with it. It sets up a precedent for future actions of a similar nature.

I liked the changes in the module, but I am NOT happy with how certain issues are dealt with.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    personally, im not that happy too. this patch pretty much has "buy more zen" written all over it.

for me, what this patch did is give players less reasons to play.

if you're already geared, which a lot of players are, you no longer have any reason to do DD or GG.
  • Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Very happy.

I love the new skirmish and Sharandar dailys are the right length for me too. Anyone who says they are burning through 3 dailys and the solo dungeon in 15 minutes is, frankly, full of it. The new items don't particularly excite me, but the permanent boons are a very nice touch. The new content will be a nice addition to playing UGC, which is where most of my interest lies.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    What is the Nightmare bug?
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    What is the Nightmare bug?

Click "Nightmare Thursday" in my signature.

Essentially, for a limited time, nightmare's dropped back to back, people exploited it, honest players did not exploit it expecting a rollback. Developers said the exploiters got "Lucky," blah blah blah, exploiting is good, buy some zen, **** the rest of you.

I summarized a little bit.

They'd have been better off saying "Go play a different game, this one will die in a few weeks." But that is just my opinion.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Also the graphics have changed...my armor has lost the sparkly look and my hair is now a dull gray, not blonde.
  • Options
    poolerzeus1poolerzeus1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As soon as i logged in after the patch, i noticed that the changes on the Stalwart Bullwark set were effective. And i was already decided to leave if this was happening. But i also noticed all the Nightmare spamming. I was curious to know what happened, so i came to the forum and read about what happened. I've been laughing my *** off since this moment and never logged back. And i never will. Anyway spending over 600$ in less than 3 months in this game and most of it on my armor set (LOL) is something i'll never do again in a game. Find someone else to pay for others PW, i'm gone.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    Also the graphics have changed...my armor has lost the sparkly look and my hair is now a dull gray, not blonde.

This is more than likely because many video settings have been reset to defaults with the introduction of new options and textures.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I never ever changed one setting...they were all set to default.
  • Options
    mikgamerzmikgamerz Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2013
    The changes seem perfectly fine on paper. But I couldn't tell you how they play out in the real world as I can't stay on the game long enough with out it crashing...
  • Options
    sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    IDK why but POS is like the funniest acronym ever.

and really, fixes before nerfs.

Believe it or not, nerfs are "fixes." Very, very, very unfavorable fixes. Like getting your nuts chopped off "fixed."
  • Options
    incogitableincogitable Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the dd chest change killed this game. after people are done with sharrandar this game will wither when people realize there isn't **** worthwhile to do, and the only way to make ad Professions/Prayer/UnrefineAD feels like a **** chore.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Believe it or not, nerfs are "fixes." Very, very, very unfavorable fixes. Like getting your nuts chopped off "fixed."

Hahahahahaha!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I never ever changed one setting...they were all set to default.

Then I would suggest tinkering with them. As I said, many new dx11 textures and options, as well as new anti-aliasing options were introduced in this patch. As a result many settings have reverted to default and many defaults have changed.
    There may or may not be an auto-detect option. I usually set up my stuff manually.
    Before the patch the default was dx10. It might have changed to dx11, which in the lowest (default) setting will have a lower particle count, but which by manually tinkering with will look much better.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    the dd chest change killed this game. after people are done with sharrandar this game will wither when people realize there isn't **** worthwhile to do, and the only way to make ad Professions/Prayer/UnrefineAD feels like a **** chore.

Or they'll realize that farming dungeons outside of DD bonus just became 100 times more profitable, because unbound gear, that doesn't depend on the box, suddenly became much more valuable.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Or they'll realize that farming dungeons outside of DD bonus just became 100 times more profitable, because unbound gear, that doesn't depend on the box, suddenly became much more valuable.

GOOD unbound gear*

By all means, if you want a 1:20 chance at a 1:5 roll (IF EVERYONE GREEDS), go for it. Even then, it's only worth as much as the buyer says it is.
  • Options
    jefferjeffersonjefferjefferson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mikgamerz wrote: »
    The changes seem perfectly fine on paper. But I couldn't tell you how they play out in the real world as I can't stay on the game long enough with out it crashing...

Or the fact that most of the content is hidden behind daily timers so it takes us a week or two to realize how little they actually added?
    Curse of the Sorceress: NW-DL35CQ9ET Eligible for Daily Foundry! (Approx. 50 min adventure to defeat the evil Sorceress)

Dodgeball: NW-DR9U49EM6 (Approx. 15 min dodgeball tournament against ranged enemies)

Farming Fiesta: NW-DJL23IH7G (Approx. 30-45 min map for farming items and experience)
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Go fight a boss without glitching it and then check AH prices before crying please. Many items have doubled in price already. So find a group that will do greed runs and continue making nearly as much as you did before...
  • Options
    mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was fine with everything until I realized I was one of those who had the "invisible chr/enemy/walls/floors" etc. graphic glitching, that occurs in the indoor instances. All fine in the outdoors, just the instances. :( Don't know if it's all my chrs. or just new ones I made since the patch, I have to test that later.

Outside of that ... I'm fine with the changes. But I'm probably not the typical/average MMO target player - eg, I don't PvP or group dungeon run (so a lot of stuff doesn't affect me very strongly). I'm weird, I know.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    mrspuma wrote: »
    I was fine with everything until I realized I was one of those who had the "invisible chr/enemy/walls/floors" etc. graphic glitching, that occurs in the indoor instances. All fine in the outdoors, just the instances. :( Don't know if it's all my chrs. or just new ones I made since the patch, I have to test that later.

Outside of that ... I'm fine with the changes. But I'm probably not the typical/average MMO target player - eg, I don't PvP or group dungeon run (so a lot of stuff doesn't affect me very strongly). I'm weird, I know.

Our entire party had that problem inside of Frozen Heart earlier today. Yes, all five of us in the same area(s).
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    yes the price of the gears have double because of demand but the question is.. DO YOU HAVE AD?! if you do, thats only because you had lots of em prior to patch. Its gona be a common scenario for all of us, you'll be spending more that you're getting. the price of those gear will eventually go down not because nobody will be able to afford them with such high price.

Lets face it, this is what Cryptic was aiming for, prior to patch it was easier (take not I said "easier" not easy) to get AD, so most players dont even spend real money on the game. they just farm AD and use AD to buy Zen. Well guess what.. cryptic wants your money so *patched*!
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013

Put "Shader Detail" back to Very High or Max. It was dropped to minimum for some reason. Set "Video Card" to Auto. Water still looks weird to me though.
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    I couldn't care less about the nightmare bug, but the graphical bugs make some areas nearly impossible to navigate without utilizing Jedi powers.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    wjweller wrote: »
    I couldn't care less about the nightmare bug, but the graphical bugs make some areas nearly impossible to navigate without utilizing Jedi powers.

The graphical bug will be fixed. The Nightmare bug ruined the game because of how it was dealt with. Basically, any time you spend in the game now is in support of exploiters. Have fun with that ...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    mryuz wrote: »
    yes the price of the gears have double because of demand but the question is.. DO YOU HAVE AD?! if you do, thats only because you had lots of em prior to patch. Its gona be a common scenario for all of us, you'll be spending more that you're getting. the price of those gear will eventually go down not because nobody will be able to afford them with such high price.

Lets face it, this is what Cryptic was aiming for, prior to patch it was easier (take not I said "easier" not easy) to get AD, so most players dont even spend real money on the game. they just farm AD and use AD to buy Zen. Well guess what.. cryptic wants your money so *patched*!

What do you need AD for? You can farm everything from dungeons...unless you suck and can't complete them... They are so **** easy. So much easier if you exploit them.
  • Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

not when
    A. they don't fix the old bugs
    B. introduce new bugs
    C. Nerf the things that made the clss "almost" viable in the first place