Options

Clarifications and Additions to Great Weapon Fighter Updates

Comments

• Options
    holsacholsac Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Talking about want to see changes -

Roar
    Either remove it's small push back (what I'd prefer)
    Or...
    Give it a bigger push back.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    holsac wrote: »

Roar
    Or...

Argh...no... never remove it!

Giving it more push is welcome, but the push is crucial for getting the mobs off the mage. If it would get the mobs over the edge too, that'd be brilliant.
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Roar
    Or...

Oh god please NO. DO not TOUCH Roar! It's perfect as is. Probably our ONLY perfect utility encounter. Now changing Come and Get it, Not so Fast, Battle Fury, Punishing Charge, Reaping Strike, I am all for that.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    wondraswondras Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Roar
    Or...

Well, it COULD knock back more/knock down/generate threat or fear.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    remove share damage when more targets caps from at wills and encounters
    buff up damage of aoe encounters
    remove 5 targets caps
    improve damage of sure strike by 200
    do all this and GWF might find some team for epic atm GF is a lot better dps then we are since it dont have share damage caps on at wills and encounters and 5 targets caps
  • Options
    judicasjudicas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    So far the only thing I've seen is nerfing us and giving us fluff. Guess im done with the game tired of Nerfwinter. Was really hoping the game would be better but after seeing the nerfs even before fixes i can already see the devs don't seem to understand the classes at all. The players have given you ample ideas and time to fix the classes, the devs have chosen to ignore them. People wanted choices, somewhat like where you got your IP from D&D, the devs have refused, pigeon holed everyone into what they want and don't seem to care if they make players angry, as long as they get their cash they are happy. I've watched entire guilds leave because the devs don't seem to have an understanding of their own game (besides cash cow). Most of these people will NEVER return as there are already so many other games to pique their interest. Enjoy Nerfwinter, I cannot play a D&D game that has taken the franchise so far from what it really is just to milk it for some extra cash while it goes down in a flaming wreck.
  • Options
    th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    GM's. That change would be cool and all IF only Spinning strike wouldn't take its time of duration spinning and it would be a quick burst of torando like an upgraded version of "Not so fast" so we do not waste time doing nothing while you do laughable damage unlike slam you can cast it and fight during its effect. This is what makes spinning strike so useless it is way underpowered to be GWF "Primary Aoe dps".

I'm very happy that the avatar set is going to get fixed and GWF will for the first time have a functional set item that will be actually useful and also happy with the nerf unstoppable will receive and bravery.

Please fix all T2 dungeons, all the bugs and exploits is just stupid.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    judicas wrote: »
    So far the only thing I've seen is nerfing us and giving us fluff. Guess im done with the game tired of Nerfwinter. Was really hoping the game would be better but after seeing the nerfs even before fixes i can already see the devs don't seem to understand the classes at all. The players have given you ample ideas and time to fix the classes, the devs have chosen to ignore them. People wanted choices, somewhat like where you got your IP from D&D, the devs have refused, pigeon holed everyone into what they want and don't seem to care if they make players angry, as long as they get their cash they are happy. I've watched entire guilds leave because the devs don't seem to have an understanding of their own game (besides cash cow). Most of these people will NEVER return as there are already so many other games to pique their interest. Enjoy Nerfwinter, I cannot play a D&D game that has taken the franchise so far from what it really is just to milk it for some extra cash while it goes down in a flaming wreck.

You should give devs a chance - they dont seem to have much expierence with MMOes and maybe, maby they realize its better have 10 milions of regular satified players then 10 thousand hard-paying ones.
  • Options
    tiggolbittytiggolbitty Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Great Weapon Fighter does not excel in AOE anymore, nor can he off tank with Indomitable nerf....class is broken. My dmg is so low from where i was last night. Screwed the pooch on this one. Slam is worthless and causes a slow, but then I cant stand and fight because Indomitable sux and I drop hp like a clothy...but im an off tank?

I ran Spinning strike vs Slam...might as well just weapon master strike for all the good it did me. They didnt make anything more viable, they just made EVERYTHING equally bad.

Been playing for months now and spent a lot of money. Seems like a waste now.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Please, with utmost sincerity, please fix the Unstoppable bugs (original and new) that this patch has allowed.

Please.

Thank you, in advance, for your time and consideration.

Edit: Since 12am (EST) patch, Unstoppable seems to be ok... Can I get any confirmation this may have been fixed? If so that is very quick, and good work! If not... Figment of my imagination it shall remain! lol

Edit2: Nope, still bugged. :(
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    ^ don't hold your breathe i don't think they even have the ability to fix the bug
  • Options
    ocdonlineocdonline Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Seen a few posts about GWF damage being nerfed, but the only damage nerf I can see is the one to Slam. Are there any others?

The nerfs to deflection and Unstoppable obviously reduce the GWF's survivability, which indirectly affects damage output (more kiting = less fighting). But, apart from Slam, are there any direct nerfs to the GWF's damage?
  • Options
    piku247piku247 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just quit a PVP match against Senti GWF (im Destroyer GWF) and with this Unstoppable bug i cant protect myself (dying like a lvl 30 GWF agains full team of 60's) when he had almost all the time more than half hp. You call it "balance" Cryptic?
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ocdonline wrote: »
    Seen a few posts about GWF damage being nerfed, but the only damage nerf I can see is the one to Slam. Are there any others?

The nerfs to deflection and Unstoppable obviously reduce the GWF's survivability, which indirectly affects damage output (more kiting = less fighting). But, apart from Slam, are there any direct nerfs to the GWF's damage?

Roar is bugged or stealth nerfed it don give AP anymore
  • Options
    durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    piku247 wrote: »
    I just quit a PVP match against Senti GWF (im Destroyer GWF) and with this Unstoppable bug i cant protect myself (dying like a lvl 30 GWF agains full team of 60's) when he had almost all the time more than half hp. You call it "balance" Cryptic?

there must be a differences between Destroyer and Sentinel build. There must be no balance inside one class build. Let say, if you choose Senti build you owned PvP, but if you choose Destroyer you owned PvE. Instigator can be a balanced build in both world.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    there must be a differences between Destroyer and Sentinel build. There must be no balance inside one class build. Let say, if you choose Senti build you owned PvP, but if you choose Destroyer you owned PvE. Instigator can be a balanced build in both world.

He probably just met 7g.tene full HP sentinel, but any class with 7g.tene will own.

However I see the problem in Destroyer not doing enought damage and Sentinel doing too much damage - both builds should be roughly equal - what sentinel gained on suriability, destroyer should have gained in damage.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    wondras wrote: »
    He probably just met 7g.tene full HP sentinel, but any class with 7g.tene will own.

However I see the problem in Destroyer not doing enought damage and Sentinel doing too much damage - both builds should be roughly equal - what sentinel gained on suriability, destroyer should have gained in damage.

I'm sorry but you are wrong about G-Tene's owning anyone.

I've played vs. Lantis from Lemonade Stand with his GWF with all G-Tene's and after 10 minutes he still could not kill my GF. Also I've played vs. many TR's with all G-Tene's and destroy them, the hardest class is a TR stacking 30%+ ArP. They eat thru tanks damage reduction and do huge burst.
  • Options
    copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    I'm sorry but you are wrong about G-Tene's owning anyone.

I've played vs. Lantis from Lemonade Stand with his GWF with all G-Tene's and after 10 minutes he still could not kill my GF. Also I've played vs. many TR's with all G-Tene's and destroy them, the hardest class is a TR stacking 30%+ ArP. They eat thru tanks damage reduction and do huge burst.

Yea because 8k burst from a handful of enchants is really nothing significant. Anyone who thinks Tenebs don't give a huge advantage to a player in PvP is extremely silly. That's like having an extra encounter on a 20sec CD that constantly crits. And 20sec is nothing in PvP.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • Options
    battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    face it our class is very broken after the content patch : ( shame really i was having a ton of fun before as destroyer spec now i feel useless in anything even pvp or pve our dmg mitigation loss hurt all paths and there just are so many bugs right now with GWF unstoppable roar ect. i think ill be shelfing my toon if and when they even fix these problems considering a few posts ago one of the combat designers said it was a bug and will be fixed but it went live anyway and now a new small patch came out 22nd and still nothing so i have my doubts.
  • Options
    judicasjudicas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    So now people are starting to understand, Cryptic doesnt care about the class it seems, they allowed the bugs to go into pts then to live, so either inept QA or just no care at all. since they destroyed the class and have no plans to fix it id say they just dont care
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    judicas wrote: »
    So now people are starting to understand, Cryptic doesnt care about the class it seems, they allowed the bugs to go into pts then to live, so either inept QA or just no care at all. since they destroyed the class and have no plans to fix it id say they just dont care

funny thing is they knew about the bug said they found what was causeing it and it would be fixed. non of that ever happened so im gonna go with you on this one and that they just dont care at all. were the only broken class atm that im aware of officially has been stated.

heres the problem they "fixed" unstoppable because people were complaining about sent build but instead of fixing feats and gear itemization they decided fixing unstoppable would be easier and people wouldnt complain just an illusion i doubt anyone is complaining about GWF now in pvp or pve we are very squishy and riddled with officially acknowledged bugs that will prolly never be fixed. lol but hey at least we got spinning strike right :rolleyes:

should just reverse the nerf to unstoppable it was fine as is only problem was the hitpoints staying after it ended whats so hard about fixing that who knows.
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The end impact of these changes is that Great Weapon Fighters will be even more viable in all areas of game content.
    More viable? like how??
    We are confident that when these changes go live, fans of the class will recognize these improvements and adapt their play style to take advantage of the improvements
    Exactly how confident are you?? or was it pure sarcasm!
    If you have any additional feedback or comments, please feel free to let us know.
    Well even before patch went live we let you know! did not help..
    Balance is an ongoing process that evolves as players come up with new strategies, and we are committed to constantly looking at feedback and making game balance a primary focus of our process for continually improving the game.
    Improving it exectly how for gwf in this patch? or did you meen for all other classes in pvp?

Sit down read through the feedback go back to the drawing board and make the needed changes or if that is to much to ask feel free to undo "these improvements" that you so nicely called them.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    best one yet
    lordgallen wrote: »
    Hi,

So following up on Unstoppable ending early.

I found a bug that was causing it, and it will get fixed.
    Essentially things that could normally build Determination (while not using Unstoppable) were causing it to drain faster.

This was definitely not an intended change, so thanks everyone for bringing it up.
    :rolleyes:

still waiting.............................................................................................................................
  • Options
    unksamunksam Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This thread is the final insult given to GWF,for what reason had the Gm opened it I don't know,to annoy us more,to tell us just quit GWF and make something new,instead since the entire community of GWF started acting against this stupid nerf our great GM.s just silenced.Sad,I was hoping more from this patch,the content is boring,u still wait like forever to que for the new dungeon,all the classes got some very stp restrictions and our GWF is a deadclass,really Cryptic,all this hard work for what,for this joke that u are trg to name it gameplay,this not a game,this is some kind of punishment,I know this is a perfect copy of WOW,but try learning from theyr system management and they're game balance.
  • Options
    unksamunksam Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And something else,I really love THE SO CALLED BALANCE this devz is talking about,what balance,example a GWF vs 2 random classes,hit,take some damage,activate unstoppable,sadly intrerupted and stuned,dead in 3,4 seconds,BRAVO THIS IS A TRUE GAME BALANCE,against a TR simply dead,a CW again really fast dead,a DC,impossible to win,a GF,lots of intreruptions.Nice work mr devz,next time just delete us and stop making this stupid joke with "ADAPT".
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    unksam wrote: »
    And something else,I really love THE SO CALLED BALANCE this devz is talking about,what balance,example a GWF vs 2 random classes,hit,take some damage,activate unstoppable,sadly intrerupted and stuned,dead in 3,4 seconds,BRAVO THIS IS A TRUE GAME BALANCE,against a TR simply dead,a CW again really fast dead,a DC,impossible to win,a GF,lots of intreruptions.Nice work mr devz,next time just delete us and stop making this stupid joke with "ADAPT".

but didnt you hear they "improved" spinning strike(snicker):rolleyes: woop-de-doo now we can spin like a top while everyone else laughs at us what a kick in the nuts thanks cryptic.
  • Options
    philancephilance Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    I don't know if i must laugh or cry or leave the game.
    This patch sucks so much for the class.
    I really think you don't know what to do with the GWF, and think nobody working in Cryptic plays a GWF.
    How can you release a patch like that? it takes me 3 seconds to see that was a huge issue with unstoppable.
  • Options
    arenz84arenz84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i think im just wasted my money and most terrible thing is wasting my time to play this suck game. im considering to quit this game soon if nothing change.
  • Options
    vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *this is really simple*
    - BROKEN unstoppable (glitches and stops working, and now stun's, pushbacks, and other affects break through it?! ).. If it works at all??!!!
    - slam has reduced time now, aswell as it seems unstoppable is reduced more than half of its time
    -all in all.. (they seem to be focusing on ONE GWF BUILD!!!) *you know, sentinel + tene ?!?* *facepalm*
    I'll rather shelf my gwf than go that sentinel path .. *insert allot of swearwords*

gwf never deserved a nerf. because of some sentinel silly tene sentinel build.. *facepalm* higer hp more dmg?? *facepalm*
    jupp this is a rage post.

It's like nerfing the cleric... no..wait?? they did that LOL!
    It's like let's not nerf one hitt kills.. wait?! they did that too, they decided not to nerf it.. o.0
    nor perma stealth?
    nor perma stun from the gf.. wait what?
    *sighs* ...
    be it pve or pvp, doesnt matter.. gwf can do .. stuff'ish... but other choices are prefferable by far.
    *yes, i play all the classes..(if that's what the reader was going to comment on) seen this so often.

The fact of this reply is simple.
    Most of the time gwf is unplayable now.
    end of post.

was hoping the launch would bring a new class, something new to vent my frustration over .. lol
    but ther's one thing that is good with the Gwf ;D (daily, and doing Leadership professions, other than that.. o.0

*not recomended as a main character for any new player. unless you like bashing your head into the keyboard allot*
  • Options
    vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to thank you for all the valuable comments we...
    I think the rest of the post was too much *facepalm*