test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How long on hotfix/rollback

Comments

• lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    zypr66ss wrote: »
    First of all. This game is Free. Second of all, you've got no clue what they're doing. These people are busting their asses off to provide you with a great game, free of charge. Show some respect.

It is not free of charge when you pretty much have to spend money on it. And with the BoP now its even harder to make AD.

I seen the Business model of the new game Wildstar that looks cool and its a new way to play the game. Which should reduce the gold sellers also. YOu either pay for sub. Or you can grind to get gold and buy Credd which gives you game time. And credd is owned or paid for buy players also so its a way to sort of buying gold.

A f2p game is not really free to play, if you want to keep up with the people paying to play.

I hope they take the game down for a month and really just work on it and fix the issues then relaunch. Or how about this they should shut the game down completly. They have a way to track the amount of money someone spent on the game and how much AD they have coins all that stuff. They should shut the game down totally and say in 3-6 months relaunch the game even a year. They give everyone there stuff back. Plus give something back for time played cause time is money anyway.
  • zypr66sszypr66ss Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jarlsburg wrote: »
    I want to say "LOL" but that would be a non-productive post. I do not wish to insult you in any way.....but you are seriously going to defend them on this one??? This exploit was posted in the bug forum well before this patch went live.

Does it REALLY matter?
    Once the servers are back online, this entire form will quiet down completely. 99% going back to the game and pick up again. This community(Like so many other), lack the understanding of what the developers are going throguh and that your raging isn't going to make it happen any faster.

Rubbing a mistake in their face, won't fix it either. *Gasp*

Imagine if you had to face a herd of nerdraging teenagers everytime you had a minor mishap at work and go get slapped around by the manager afterwards or both while fixing it simultaneous. You've got no clue. Let them do their job. They're aware of the problem.
    edited August 2013
    It is not free of charge when you pretty much have to spend money on it. And with the BoP now its even harder to make AD.

I seen the Business model of the new game Wildstar that looks cool and its a new way to play the game. Which should reduce the gold sellers also. YOu either pay for sub. Or you can grind to get gold and buy Credd which gives you game time. And credd is owned or paid for buy players also so its a way to sort of buying gold.

A f2p game is not really free to play, if you want to keep up with the people paying to play.

If you're too cheap to pay, do it the hard way.
    Cough up some money. They deserve it.
  • jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    I'm guessing that means a more targeted approach, where you all will try to determine who got their Nightmares from the glitch, and only be removing the Nightmares obtained in this manner, as it would be silly to keep the servers down if nothing was going to be done.

I think they will fix the bug and move on like it never happened. Those who got the mounts will probably keep them. To destroy the value even more they should just give everyone one a bound one for free. LOL. I had a few in my bank (from days ago) that I was going to sell later, but since they are almost worthless now you might as well go all the way.
  • jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    zypr66ss wrote: »
    Does it REALLY matter?
    Once the servers are back online, this entire form will quiet down completely. 99% going back to the game and pick up again. This community(Like so many other), lack the understanding of what the developers are going throguh and that your raging isn't going to make it happen any faster.

Rubbing a mistake in their face, won't fix it either. *Gasp*

Imagine if you had to face a herd of nerdraging teenagers everytime you had a minor mishap at work and go get slapped around by the manager afterwards or both while fixing it simultaneous. You've got no clue. Let them do their job. They're aware of the problem.

I deal with clients at my job and I am held accountable for EVERY mistake I make so I make d a m n sure I don't make many.
  • mistressmaumistressmau Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So, after that "beautiful" "no rollback" statement. How about your follow up "oh we're going to do this..." statement.
    Pretty please with cherries on top sominator?
  • greenan2greenan2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you are all so worried about in-game economy, I suggest you try EVE Online. ;-) Complaining doesn't solve anything. Just go with the flow. Things will work themselves out in the end or the game will ultimately fail. That's the beauty of not-in-game capitalism.
    edited August 2013
    I deal with clients at my job and I am held accountable for EVERY mistake I make so I make d a m n sure I don't make many.

My business handles 130.000 individual customers every year. I do aswell, very much, know what it's like.
    Unlike you I learned from that and understand that things don't always go as planned.
  • xenbrexenbre Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ye give everybody nightmare and we are ok :)
  • ruffianaruffiana Member, NW_CrypticDev, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    When we have any information as to how long things will take, and if a rollback is necessary, it will be posted on here, if not by myself, by one of the other moderators. At this time however, we know no more than anybody else.

If it makes you feel any better, you probably know more than I do. :P
  • beaoudixbeaoudix Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Appeared a few secs ago in NW Twitter:

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 53s
    Update: we're working to get the servers up ASAP! Thanks for your patience!
  • templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No Roll Back? what the hell is wrong with this company? This was a major exploit, there NEEDS to be consequences to players bad actions. It won't be hard to figure out who exploited the living <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of this BUG, yes this a bug. Just look at the people with 2+ Nightmare Mounts in their inventory bags next solution would be either take away all but 1 Mount from them or Roll the server back, no one is going to lose any progress the server was only up for like 30minutes - 1hour. If player's are butthurt over losing their exploited Mounts who gives a **** they shouldn't have took advantage of the situation.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    beaoudix wrote: »
    Appeared a few secs ago in NW Twitter:

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 53s
    Update: we're working to get the servers up ASAP! Thanks for your patience!

Yeah, the patch is up on the launcher, so just need them to preform final checks and unlock the shards.
  • mtcoffeemtcoffee Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As someone who just spent $120 (2 packs for me and S/O) I am disappointed. You have devalued my mount, and set a precedent that individuals taking advantage of an exploit won't have consequences. I've asked for a refund, doubt I will get it, but thank you for driving two customers away. This is basic MMO stuff, gamers now expect there to be random mistakes, and really don't care if there are roll backs to fix them, but for perfect world to do this is lazy, greedy, and most of all unprofessional.
  • steelemagnoliasteelemagnolia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited August 2013
    Crossing my fingers that it is up soon.
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Dont worry they have all the logs...

A little programming and all these exploiters will see a nice ban coming their way... and their inventory cleaned up when they come back... Well deserved.
  • pooklove1pooklove1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    iltimido wrote: »
    No rollback doesn't mean that people will have he nightmare in their inventory.
    Probably they are updating the database by removing them and giving back the box and the keys to the players, obviously this applies only to players that got it after the patch.

Uh I think that would be more work than a rollback so I doubt they would do this
  • beaoudixbeaoudix Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Indeed, and I do hope they do it.
  • ukatoenasniukatoenasni Member Posts: 224 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    ruffiana wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any better, you probably know more than I do. :P

Do you realize what you've done with statements like that? :P Bad!

(DISCLAIMER: I'm guessing Ruff doesn't work in a department that is culpable for fixing stuff like this and thus is either working on something else or watching the panic. Or venting frustration at something while code compiles.)

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think they will fix the bug and move on like it never happened. Those who got the mounts will probably keep them. To destroy the value even more they should just give everyone one a bound one for free. LOL. I had a few in my bank (from days ago) that I was going to sell later, but since they are almost worthless now you might as well go all the way.

I don't see that happening really. I think they are going to try to track the Nightmares down and delete them. It shouldn't be that hard, with it happening right after the update, assuming they backed up before. It will just take longer than a rollback in general. But, you could be right, in that they will just fix the bug, and not care about the glut. That would be a lot faster. It will be interesting to see what they end up doing.
    edited August 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »

A little programming and all these exploiters will see a nice ban coming their way... and their inventory cleaned up when they come back... Well deserved.

You honestly think they're going to ban customers for a mistake put into the game by themselves?
    That would require them to ban quite alot of players actually. I think not.
    I'm smelling a sliver of jealousy, 'bout someone not getting that little mount.
  • creepndeadcreepndead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well if there isnt a ROLLBACK I sure the hell expect a horse in every one of my toons mail boxes.
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    OH God... Protector's enclave would be fill with flaming horses, nightmare indeed. Never expected an epic mount becoming a mainstream. This is the best exploit in the history of Mankind, unfortunately I wasn't able to log in... Reason why we want rollback? Because it's very unfair for others for many reasons.
    SIGNATURE
  • jexlojexlo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    disgusting, just digusting, and knowing that you knew just makes it a clear money grab, knowing the zen sales would go nuts....id like to know how much zen was gone thru in the time the servers were up...clearly to much to make them want to do a rollback
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Wishful thinking - this is not going to happen.

Almost all the previous exploiters could have been caught in this fashion, but this has never happened nor will it.

pooklove1 wrote: »
    Uh I think that would be more work than a rollback so I doubt they would do this

Exactly.
  • braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013

Nobody will ever get banned. You know why? The game is FREE. The aren't making money off game purchasing or subscriptions. The only way they make money is if a player is playing their game and they feel a need for something they must have now, and they purchase it with real money.

That won't happen if a player isn't allowed to play.

Nobody is ever getting mass-banned for anything.

Individuals get banned for something major they did...I'm not even sure what'd be major enough to cause someone to get a ban.

As far as mass banning for exploiting...never going to happen. They can't do that to "possible sales".
    edited August 2013
    jexlo wrote: »
    disgusting, just digusting, and knowing that you knew just makes it a clear money grab, knowing the zen sales would go nuts....id like to know how much zen was gone thru in the time the servers were up...clearly to much to make them want to do a rollback

What is it with this constant rambling about Zen. "OMFG THEY MAKE MONEY!?!?!?! TORLOLOL"
    What did you expect? That they'd feed off and pay the mortgage with the positive attitudes of their community? Clearly not.
  • rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Wishful thinking - this is not going to happen.

Almost all the previous exploiters could have been caught in this fashion, but this has never happened nor will it.

Exactly.

Exploit early, exploit often... Lessons learned after today, seeing as i didn't learn from caturday.
    edited August 2013
    Good job on bringing the servers back up. Your community loves you PW. For providing us with a great game, free of charge <3
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    We won't be doing any rollbacks. Thanks everyone!

Cool, thanks. When will the game will be back online then? Since there's no rollback, there's no reason to keep it down for too long.
This discussion has been closed.